PDA

View Full Version : True to our Native Land

Pages : 1 [2]

retiredman
03-05-2008, 10:56 PM
makes "common" sense according to you....

it does. the fact that you don't care to acknowledge it is of little concern to me. I got a sermon to write!:lol:

Yurt
03-05-2008, 11:04 PM
it does. the fact that you don't care to acknowledge it is of little concern to me. I got a sermon to write!:lol:

you honestly don't care to explain your candidate, that says alot, sadly so

retiredman
03-05-2008, 11:13 PM
you honestly don't care to explain your candidate, that says alot, sadly so

I don't need to explain him to ME, and you really have no desire to understand his message anyway. why act like you give a shit?

Yurt
03-05-2008, 11:31 PM
I don't need to explain him to ME, and you really have no desire to understand his message anyway. why act like you give a shit?

if i didn't care i wouldn't bother with this thread...he has a great chance of being my next president and the issue is, IMO, an important one, not only from a civic viewpoint, but a political one as well. why do you act as if he is off limits and that no one is entitled to question his racism? or is that just some "common" sense i missed?

retiredman
03-05-2008, 11:41 PM
if i didn't care i wouldn't bother with this thread...he has a great chance of being my next president and the issue is, IMO, an important one, not only from a civic viewpoint, but a political one as well. why do you act as if he is off limits and that no one is entitled to question his racism? or is that just some "common" sense i missed?

yurt... if I honestly felt that you were considering ever voting for Obama and needed to have this one nagging issue explained to you or put into some context for you, I'd spend whatever time was necessary to try and give you a sense of the man and why I think you are reading much more stridency and exclusiveness into his words than are actually there or meant.

I don't believe that you are even considering that, so this becomes just an annoying conversation with someone who wants to "pick a fight" with Obama and wants to express his dislike of the man and his party.

Sorry. I am a white male. I have heard him speak and read his books and I do not feel as if he will fail to represent me when president.

Microcosmos
03-05-2008, 11:42 PM

The fact is, and I've seen MFM go on at length about this in another thread, that Barack's church accepts white members with open arms. And Barack accepts whites with open arms too! I think that just because his church strongly and openly supports the entire black diaspora strikes you as racist, because most churches that support whites openly do that to the exclusion of all other races. In other words, "these folks are openly racist, therefore these other folks must be secretly racist!"

Yurt
03-05-2008, 11:48 PM
so accepting whites as members proves conclusively the church is not racist? go back and read the OP. the writing is on the wall, just because you refuse to see it will not stop me from spreading the truth.

i have presented facts concerning his website and his church. those facts have not been refuted. as this guy stands a strong chance of winning, i don't see the need to let this go. no one is picking up on this, he is getting a free ride in the media, the word needs to be spread.

he has ignored whites on his website and his church promotes black and his loyal first to the mother land.

the only counter to what i have presented is that it is ok, because whitey was/is bad.

Yurt
03-08-2008, 11:24 PM
howz obama's native land?

DragonStryk72
03-09-2008, 12:27 AM
howz obama's native land?

Hawaii? My girlfriend says it's looking pretty good. She's working as an Assistant Cook on a cruise ship, The Pride of Aloha.

Yurt
03-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Hawaii? My girlfriend says it's looking pretty good. She's working as an Assistant Cook on a cruise ship, The Pride of Aloha.

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

DragonStryk72
03-09-2008, 12:53 AM
We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

To be honest, I don't think he's really as devout as he makes out. Just being honest here, but every candidate we got right is basically full of shit. I say this of both sides, and it's not new. I mean hell, politicians coined the phrase, "Politicians are like diapers: they should be changed out often, and for the same reason". I did like Glenn Beck's comment on that line though: "That's completely unfair. diapers serve a useful function."

The thing is, this government has divided us, and we've let them. Red State Blue State only exists because they allow it, and us, because we keep buying into it. The forum posters on the left rigidly denounce McCain, Bush & Co., while the right rigidly denounces Bill, Hilary, Obama, etc.. It doesn't change anything, it doesn't make either side more right than the other. Both sides search the other side's speeches for the worst interpretation, until it's all just soundbites and noise.

Until you begin to look at the candidates with bias, you are missing half of every single issue.

BTW, He was born in Hawaii, since his father was stationed there. He's a native of Hawaii, as I'm a native of Albany, NY.

Yurt
03-09-2008, 10:29 AM
To be honest, I don't think he's really as devout as he makes out. Just being honest here, but every candidate we got right is basically full of shit. I say this of both sides, and it's not new. I mean hell, politicians coined the phrase, "Politicians are like diapers: they should be changed out often, and for the same reason". I did like Glenn Beck's comment on that line though: "That's completely unfair. diapers serve a useful function."

The thing is, this government has divided us, and we've let them. Red State Blue State only exists because they allow it, and us, because we keep buying into it. The forum posters on the left rigidly denounce McCain, Bush & Co., while the right rigidly denounces Bill, Hilary, Obama, etc.. It doesn't change anything, it doesn't make either side more right than the other. Both sides search the other side's speeches for the worst interpretation, until it's all just soundbites and noise.

Until you begin to look at the candidates with bias, you are missing half of every single issue.

BTW, He was born in Hawaii, since his father was stationed there. He's a native of Hawaii, as I'm a native of Albany, NY.

you are welcome to your opinion. i posted facts about his beliefs that he has actually defended and that he has never rejected or denounced. go to his website and click the link called "people" read the "african american" link and then read the rest and you will clearly see the overwhelming bias he has for black people, er, african people.

the facts and circumstances support the viewpoints i have presented in this thread. if he was white, he wouldn't even be in the race right now.

Yurt
03-09-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm back on SLO and just wondering how the democracts voting for obama know how the motherland is doing?

Yurt
03-10-2008, 04:58 PM
anyone moving to the motherland?

until this racist is out of the race, i will bring this thread up, again and again. if someone convinced me that he is not racist and that my premise on this thread is wrong, i would not continue. so far, all i have are "opinions" that claim to convince me. i post facts, words from his mouth, his church, and his debates.

because whitey was bad ......then, does not excuse racism now. MLK, would not stand for this.

Yurt
03-12-2008, 08:57 PM
why are black americans called african? not all blacks come from africa, so why does his church call africa the mother land? isn't that really segregationist to label all blacks as african? maybe some don't want to be labeled african....

Yurt
03-13-2008, 10:11 AM
right here GW in ohio

Yurt
03-15-2008, 01:40 PM
vindicated

:dance:

Yurt
03-15-2008, 09:20 PM
looks like i was right MFM......:cool:

chesswarsnow
03-16-2008, 08:41 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. *Cricket Sounds*
2. I guess I will get around to reading this thread.
3. Seems like Yurt here can't get anyone to throw him a bone on this???
4. Am I the only one who sees this?:popcorn:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
03-16-2008, 08:50 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Having read this first page.
2. I have to agree with Yurt on this one.
3. He did call it correct.
4. As much as I hate to admit it.
5. Anyway, nice call Yurt.
6. Damn it!
7. Anyway, carry on.:popcorn:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
03-16-2008, 11:16 AM
as far as i have seen, MFM has been scared to enter and post anything about this in any thread about obama's church/pastor. i think i saw only one post, and i think he brought up other people's churches.

Yurt
03-16-2008, 09:16 PM
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/46/68/22986846.jpg

this way mfm :)

Pale Rider
03-17-2008, 02:37 PM
I think quietly and to himself, mfm is rethinking his support for hussein. Anyone can see the blatant racism in his church and the racist rants by his preacher, and anybody can see that hussein was a part of that for twenty years, and even though he's doing some tepid damage control, he still is. So if you want to vote for a racist, vote for hussein, and I don't think mfm is capable of that. Even liberals know a racist when they see/hear one.

retiredman
03-17-2008, 03:13 PM
I must admit that I am concerned about the feeding frenzy going on now about his church, but nonetheless...I am a lifelong member of the UCC myself and do not think that Obama is a racist.... I do think that Rev. Wright can be a bit caustic, but his points, I believe, are mostly well meaning.

This idea that we can wave a magic wand and pass a piece of legislation called the Civil Rights Act - or the Emancipationn Proclamation, for that matter - and that will somehow erase all of the damage done by government sanctioned slavery to a race of people, is foolish.

Gaffer
03-17-2008, 03:38 PM
I must admit that I am concerned about the feeding frenzy going on now about his church, but nonetheless...I am a lifelong member of the UCC myself and do not think that Obama is a racist.... I do think that Rev. Wright can be a bit caustic, but his points, I believe, are mostly well meaning.

This idea that we can wave a magic wand and pass a piece of legislation called the Civil Rights Act - or the Emancipationn Proclamation, for that matter - and that will somehow erase all of the damage done by government sanctioned slavery to a race of people, is foolish.

You don't consider him racist?

Pale Rider
03-17-2008, 03:50 PM

Well it would appear that even hussein's church is a little more worried about this situation than you are, because they have REMOVED all the "black values" this and "black values" that from their website. Now if that wasn't racist, why did they remove it?

Pale Rider
03-17-2008, 03:51 PM
You don't consider him racist?

He is Gaf... anyone that looks at the situation objectionably will see that.

Abbey Marie
03-17-2008, 03:53 PM
I think quietly and to himself, mfm is rethinking his support for hussein. Anyone can see the blatant racism in his church and the racist rants by his preacher, and anybody can see that hussein was a part of that for twenty years, and even though he's doing some tepid damage control, he still is. So if you want to vote for a racist, vote for hussein, and I don't think mfm is capable of that. Even liberals know a racist when they see/hear one.

I don't know, Pale. TM doesn't see it. And she actually thinks all this is a "net gain" for Obama. :rolleyes: I don't if I've ever seen a worse case of partisan blindness than that.

Gaffer
03-17-2008, 04:00 PM
I despise muslims so I'm racist, wright despises white people and he's caustic. Is it because he's black that he can't be racist?

I do like to watch mfm :dance:

Yurt
03-17-2008, 04:32 PM

awesome post. i have never seen such bias presented in such a prose of beauty. congrats MFM. whites are racist, but wright is caustic.....and ......well meaning :laugh2:

i'd change kool aid flavors, whiteguiltalily sours.....

manu1959
03-17-2008, 04:39 PM
awesome post. i have never seen such bias presented in such a prose of beauty. congrats MFM. whites are racist, but wright is caustic.....and ......well meaning :laugh2:

don't forget all muslims are good....all americans are bad.....

retiredman
03-17-2008, 04:44 PM
don't forget all muslims are good....all americans are bad.....

hyperbolic rhetoric IS your stock in trade, ain't it? :lol:

manu1959
03-17-2008, 04:45 PM
hyperbolic rhetoric IS your stock in trade, ain't it? :lol:

just quoting your hyperbolic reflection.........

retiredman
03-17-2008, 04:47 PM
awesome post. i have never seen such bias presented in such a prose of beauty. congrats MFM. whites are racist, but wright is caustic.....and ......well meaning.

All this fuss about Obama is really silly coming from you. Don't like him? don't vote for him! But really... you weren't about to vote for a black guy anyhow.

retiredman
03-17-2008, 04:49 PM
just quoting your hyperbolic reflection.........

when have I EVER said that all muslims are good and all Americans are bad?

Either produce a quote from me that says that, or retract that piece of slanderous HYPERBOLIC shit....

or crawl under a fucking rock and do neither.

Yurt
03-17-2008, 04:50 PM
All this fuss about Obama is really silly coming from you. Don't like him? don't vote for him! But really... you weren't about to vote for a black guy anyhow.

sure, slander me with no proof. thats your best? LOL.
hyperbolic rhetoric IS your stock in trade, ain't it? your failure to actually adress the guys rantings speaks volumes about your actual racism MFM.

it does matter MFM, obama fired him, his church retired him. if isn't wasn't a big deal, then why that harsh treatment of the dear ol' caustic preacher....he meant no harm, but his own church removed him....

Yurt
03-17-2008, 04:52 PM

Either produce a quote from me that says that, or retract that piece of slanderous HYPERBOLIC shit....

and yet you call me a racist by saying i wouldn't vote for a black guy anyway..... what a putz

manu1959
03-17-2008, 05:07 PM

you esntially said it when you said all americans hate islam and all islam is not bad.....

i would crawl under the rock except you are taking up all the space.....

retiredman
03-17-2008, 05:12 PM
you esntially said it when you said all americans hate islam and all islam is not bad.....

i would crawl under the rock except you are taking up all the space.....

I "essentially" said nothing of the kind.

Now...are you going to find this quote from me or not?

Yurt
03-17-2008, 05:24 PM
I "essentially" said nothing of the kind.

Now...are you going to find this quote from me or not?

where is your quote for me big guy?

retiredman
03-17-2008, 06:58 PM
where is your quote for me big guy?

what quote would you be looking for?

Yurt
03-17-2008, 09:15 PM
what quote would you be looking for?

are you being ignorant or obtuse?

after flailing your keyboard around this thread demanding manu post proof, you have the nerve to claim i'm a racist with no proof and you fail to provide any when asked.

and you wonder why people dismiss you....now provide proof or retract your slanderous hate monger statement.

retiredman
03-17-2008, 10:18 PM
are you being ignorant or obtuse?

after flailing your keyboard around this thread demanding manu post proof, you have the nerve to claim i'm a racist with no proof and you fail to provide any when asked.

and you wonder why people dismiss you....now provide proof or retract your slanderous hate monger statement.
what quote were you looking for? It is my opinion that you are looking for reasons not to vote for a black man.... your obsession with magnifying the "faults" of Obama is kinda creepy.

Yurt
03-17-2008, 10:24 PM
what quote were you looking for? It is my opinion that you are looking for reasons not to vote for a black man.... your obsession with magnifying the "faults" of Obama is kinda creepy.

thats all, not so hard is it. it is your opinion, e.g., you have no evidence.

your obsession with defending him is appalling. regardless, its only an obsession to you because you are too busy being obsessed with bashing bush or anything republican. if this guy was white you would have a panic attack because you wouldn't know what to do with such a "gem"

do you really believe he didn't know? you have continually failed to answer that. your responses also indicate you support his pastor. a racist hate monger who leads the largest congregation your church has. what does that say about you? if all you have is opinions about me, i suggest go back to the corner and spend some time thinking so you can properly debate me on the facts, evidence, what not, not simply your opinions about me.

:salute:

retiredman
03-17-2008, 10:33 PM
thats all, not so hard is it. it is your opinion, e.g., you have no evidence.

your obsession with defending him is appalling. regardless, its only an obsession to you because you are too busy being obsessed with bashing bush or anything republican. if this guy was white you would have a panic attack because you wouldn't know what to do with such a "gem"

do you really believe he didn't know? you have continually failed to answer that. your responses also indicate you support his pastor. a racist hate monger who leads the largest congregation your church has. what does that say about you? if all you have is opinions about me, i suggest go back to the corner and spend some time thinking so you can properly debate me on the facts, evidence, what not, not simply your opinions about me.

:salute:

I have been a big fan of Obama's since my Dad - a now deceased democratic politician from Illinois - told me about him years ago. I would imagine that Rev. Wright's sermons were not always political or fiery. I have absolutely no idea whether Obama heard the quotes of Rev. Wright's that have caused a controversy. And neither do you. I will say that many of the quotes that have been listed as being controversial, I did not find as such.

Obama has spoken out about those sermons and has apparently rejected many of the statements that I, personally, would not reject.

So...do you have any proof that Obama was personally aware of those most egregious statements by Rev. Wright, or are you just gonna offer me YOUR opinion and expect me to swallow it?

Yurt
03-17-2008, 10:46 PM
I have been a big fan of Obama's since my Dad - a now deceased democratic politician from Illinois - told me about him years ago. I would imagine that Rev. Wright's sermons were not always political or fiery. I have absolutely no idea whether Obama heard the quotes of Rev. Wright's that have caused a controversy. And neither do you. I will say that many of the quotes that have been listed as being controversial, I did not find as such.

Obama has spoken out about those sermons and has apparently rejected many of the statements that I, personally, would not reject.

So...do you have any proof that Obama was personally aware of those most egregious statements by Rev. Wright, or are you just gonna offer me YOUR opinion and expect me to swallow it?

asked and answered at least twice to you. plus, there are dozens of threads i have already informed you about. however, since you are actually trying to get to the bottom of this, here is more than my opinion, here is evidence:

Published: April 30, 2007

Few of those at Mr. Wright’s tribute in March knew of the pressures that Mr. Obama’s presidential run was placing on the relationship between the pastor and his star congregant. Mr. Wright’s assertions of widespread white racism and his scorching remarks about American government have drawn criticism, and prompted the senator to cancel his delivery of the invocation when he formally announced his candidacy in February.

Mr. Wright prayed with the Obama family just before his presidential announcement. Asked later about the incident, the Obama campaign said in a statement, “Senator Obama is proud of his pastor and his church.”

Mr. Wright, who has long prided himself on criticizing the establishment, said he knew that he may not play well in Mr. Obama’s audition for the ultimate establishment job.

“If Barack gets past the primary, he might have to publicly distance himself from me,” Mr. Wright said with a shrug. “I said it to Barack personally, and he said yeah, that might have to happen.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/30/us/politics/30obama.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&sq=Jeremiah%20%20wright&st=nyt&scp=4

just one piece of evidence that shows a year ago that he knew of his pastors beliefs and that they could be dangerous to his political career.

i can't believe this is your church and you are so ignorant of it.

retiredman
03-17-2008, 10:50 PM
asked and answered at least twice to you. plus, there are dozens of threads i have already informed you about. however, since you are actually trying to get to the bottom of this, here is more than my opinion, here is evidence:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/30/us/politics/30obama.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&sq=Jeremiah%20%20wright&st=nyt&scp=4

just one piece of evidence that shows a year ago that he knew of his pastors beliefs and that they could be dangerous to his political career.

i can't believe this is your church and you are so ignorant of it.

so...no proof of Obama's prior knowledge about the offending quotes that have come to light in the past week? I didn't think so.

Yurt
03-17-2008, 11:15 PM
so...no proof of Obama's prior knowledge about the offending quotes that have come to light in the past week? I didn't think so.

you're kidding....what then was so offensive that had obama and his pastor worried? :poke:

the evidence is clearly not in your favor. 20 years, very close relationship, knew he was a political liability....oh, but no, according to head in the sand MFM, he didn't know anything......

retiredman
03-17-2008, 11:32 PM
you're kidding....what then was so offensive that had obama and his pastor worried? :poke:

the evidence is clearly not in your favor. 20 years, very close relationship, knew he was a political liability....oh, but no, according to head in the sand MFM, he didn't know anything......

I have never said that he didn' tknow anything. I have said that he did not know of the offensive sermons that have come to light this past week.

I had a pastor once with a gambling problem..... but he was a great preacher, so I overlooked his failings... Obama has never claimed that Wright was perfect - none of us are...only that he was unaware of those egregious comments that have recently come to light and that he has renounced.

manu1959
03-17-2008, 11:36 PM
I have never said that he didn' tknow anything. I have said that he did not know of the offensive sermons that have come to light this past week.

I had a pastor once with a gambling problem..... but he was a great preacher, so I overlooked his failings... Obama has never claimed that Wright was perfect - none of us are...only that he was unaware of those egregious comments that have recently come to light and that he has renounced.

let me see if i have this straight....your preacher goes off on rants over the past 20 years and you have no clue but he has a gambling problem and you look the other way.......fuck me dude....your preacher goes on a rant and people are talking monday......i go to church .... everyone knows everything.....

i call bullshit.....

Yurt
03-17-2008, 11:43 PM

you could have fooled me:

you've been denying this since it came out. there is simply no way obama could not have known, these things are on video. what then --- was the political liability MFM? care to answer that? didn't think so....

would you support a white pastor saying the same things? would you overlook that pastor's comments and compare that to a gambling problem, a vice, which you should know is not the same as core values and beliefs

retiredman
03-17-2008, 11:48 PM
you could have fooled me:

you've been denying this since it came out. there is simply no way obama could not have known, these things are on video. what then --- was the political liability MFM? care to answer that? didn't think so....

would you support a white pastor saying the same things? would you overlook that pastor's comments and compare that to a gambling problem, a vice, which you should know is not the same as core values and beliefs

one of the liabilities was his trip to africa.... but...for you to say "there is simply no way obama could not have known" IS YOUR FUCKING OPINION. Nothing more.

And as I said.... I have far fewer problems with Wright's statements than even Obama does. And if he had said "Shame on America" instead of "God Damn America", I wouldn't have minded that sermon either.

MtnBiker
03-18-2008, 12:06 AM
one of the liabilities was his trip to africa.... but...for you to say "there is simply no way obama could not have known" IS YOUR FUCKING OPINION. Nothing more.

Black commentator Juan Williams of NPR and Fox New contributor;http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:3lW_X_q6o8M5cM:http://rightvoices.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/6_21_450_williams_juan.jpg

JUAN WILLIAMS, FOX NEWS CONTRIBUTOR: No, it's a big problem. And it's the big problem because Obama has come across to the American people very successfully as someone who is able to cross over the racial divide and speak of racial healing and optimism in this country. He really has become the personification of a better view on race relations. And he is very close to Reverend Jeremiah Wright.

If you'll recall, Bill, when he was debating with Hillary Clinton, he said, you know, when it comes to Farrakhan, he renounced, he dejects, whatever because he's not close to Farrakhan. They may live in the same city, but that's about it. But when it comes to Jeremiah Wright, you've got him right there in the pulpit, in the pews, listening, supporting Jeremiah Wright. The title of his book, "Audacity of Hope," comes from a sermon by Reverend Jeremiah Wright. He knows of this hateful rhetoric that you just saw. He knows of the divisive, explosive, race-baiting language that Jeremiah Wright uses.

But you know, the fact is that Barack Obama wanted Jeremiah Wright to justify himself, to make himself authentically black when he moved into Chicago. Now that he's in a different life and trying to be the national Barack Obama candidate for president, presidential candidate, he's turning away from Jeremiah Wright. He didn't want him when he was announcing for president in Springfield, Illinois. Now he's, you know...

link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337891,00.html)

Obama is not a stupid person, only a stupid ignorant person would have not know what Pastor Wright was saying in his sermons. Why did Oprah leave the church?

Yurt
03-18-2008, 10:02 AM

And as I said.... I have far fewer problems with Wright's statements than even Obama does. And if he had said "Shame on America" instead of "God Damn America", I wouldn't have minded that sermon either.

your yelling/cursing post shows us alot about you. the fact that you also have "far" few problems (though you have yet to say what problems) with Rev. Wright's statements is disturbing. then again, i shouldn't be surprised given your insults towards a certain class of people.

as i said before, the evidence is on my side. all your wailing, yelling and cursing will not change the fact that a preponderance of the evidence shows that obama did in fact know.

retiredman
03-18-2008, 11:01 AM
your yelling/cursing post shows us alot about you. the fact that you also have "far" few problems (though you have yet to say what problems) with Rev. Wright's statements is disturbing. then again, i shouldn't be surprised given your insults towards a certain class of people.

as i said before, the evidence is on my side. all your wailing, yelling and cursing will not change the fact that a preponderance of the evidence shows that obama did in fact know.

Re: my problems with Rev. Wright. I have a problem with him saying "God damn America". I would have been more amenable to "Shame on you America". I have a problem with him claiming that the Unitede States invented AQIDS to punish black America...that is simply wacky.... but most everything else he said might be heavy on the inflammatory rhetoric scale, but not over the top, from my perspective.

Regarding my use of capitalization... you bitch at me for stating my opinion and then state your own opinion. I wanted to make sure that YOU knew that I had understood your hypocrisy.

I would hope that you listened to Obama's speech this morning or at least read the transcript. He addressed your issues completely, I would think.

Actually... I am sure that you will find some way to still be filled with outrage over this issue.... you apparently need that as cover.

Abbey Marie
03-18-2008, 11:08 AM

Well, looks like your certainty that Obama didn't know about the racist sermons was dead wrong. He admitted in his speech today that he did indeed know about them. Time for you to switch tacks now, and say even if he knew about them, they weren't offensive. Right?

retiredman
03-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Well, looks like your certainty that Obama didn't know about the racist sermons was dead wrong. He admitted in his speech today that he did indeed know about them. Time for you to switch tacks now, and say even if he knew about them, they weren't offensive. Right?

I don't think he knew of the "god damn america" sermon.... and I don't think he knew of the "America created aids to punish the black man" sermon until just recently. Do you have any proof that he did?

Did you listen to his speech?

Abbey Marie
03-18-2008, 11:22 AM
I don't think he knew of the "god damn america" sermon.... and I don't think he knew of the "America created aids to punish the black man" sermon until just recently. Do you have any proof that he did?

Did you listen to his speech?

Yes, I did. He made a general statement that he knew of his Pastor's offensive remarks. Do you have proof that he did not?

retiredman
03-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Yes, I did. He made a general statement that he knew of his Pastor's offensive remarks. Do you have proof that he did not?

his general statement is not an admission that he was present for the two sermons that I mentioned. He claimed earlier that he had not heard them and I believe him....

clearly, you do not.... but that is not a big surprise.

Abbey Marie
03-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Here ya go, MFM, direct from Obama's speech today:

Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes.

You are ignoring the man's own words. If he wanted to say he only heard a couple, and didn't hear others, he didn't say so. He says he has heard them, and continued to attend the church and see him as a mentor. Clearly you are ignoring the truth to suit your own intersts. No surprise.

Hillary must be crowing.

retiredman
03-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Here ya go, MFM, direct from Obama's speech today:

You are ignoring the man's own words. If he wanted to say he only heard a couple, and didn't hear others, he didn't say so. He says he has heard them, and continued to attend the church and see him as a mentor. Clearly you are ignoring the truth to suit your own intersts. No surprise.

Hillary must be crowing.

can you fucking read?

what did I say?

what sermons did I say that HE said he had not heard about uintil recently?

and his speech today was great.

glockmail
03-18-2008, 12:32 PM
Either Obama was asleep during most of the sermons and after 20 years in the congregation had no perception of what was being discussed, or he is a liar. :lol:

Abbey Marie
03-18-2008, 12:39 PM
can you fucking read?

what did I say?

what sermons did I say that HE said he had not heard about uintil recently?

and his speech today was great.

Typical classy liberal. Your desperation at the derailment of your guy's campaign is showing.

If you have proof that he did not hear any of those sermons, bring it on. Oh, wait, you have none, do you? Darn, now all we have to go on are the man's own words that he heard the offensive speeches. :laugh2:

Btw, he's the one you should be mad at, for screwing it up with his poor choice in a mentor and a church, his increasingly clear anti-white racial beliefs, and his inability to make it better with his speech today. At least he was honest about it, lol.

Immanuel
03-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Either Obama was asleep during most of the sermons and after 20 years in the congregation had no perception of what was being discussed, or he is a liar. :lol:

Could you sleep in that church when that man was preaching?

Did you see the tapes?

In other words, you're calling Obama a liar?

Immie

Yurt
03-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Re: my problems with Rev. Wright. I have a problem with him saying "God damn America". I would have been more amenable to "Shame on you America". I have a problem with him claiming that the Unitede States invented AQIDS to punish black America...that is simply wacky.... but most everything else he said might be heavy on the inflammatory rhetoric scale, but not over the top, from my perspective.

Regarding my use of capitalization... you bitch at me for stating my opinion and then state your own opinion. I wanted to make sure that YOU knew that I had understood your hypocrisy.

I would hope that you listened to Obama's speech this morning or at least read the transcript. He addressed your issues completely, I would think.

Actually... I am sure that you will find some way to still be filled with outrage over this issue.... you apparently need that as cover.

i did listen to 75%, it was racists, pure and simple

Yurt
03-18-2008, 02:37 PM
MFM..... your cult leader admits it:

Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely

retiredman
03-18-2008, 02:58 PM
Typical classy liberal. Your desperation at the derailment of your guy's campaign is showing.

If you have proof that he did not hear any of those sermons, bring it on. Oh, wait, you have none, do you? Darn, now all we have to go on are the man's own words that he heard the offensive speeches. :laugh2:

Btw, he's the one you should be mad at, for screwing it up with his poor choice in a mentor and a church, his increasingly clear anti-white racial beliefs, and his inability to make it better with his speech today. At least he was honest about it, lol.

He said he did not hear the two I mentioned. YOu clearly have a difficult time reading for content. I thought he did a fine job in his speech today and I am not angry at anyone. I am disappointed, but predictably so, in those on the right who try like hell to make a bigger deal out of this than it ought to be. And again... why the FUCK do you worry about whether his campaign is "derailing" or not? That is up to the democrats, not you. You've got your candidate... a guy who has had Bush's dick in his mouth over this war from day one, and a guy who, by his own admission, doesn't really understand how the economy works.... that and he;s older than dirt. Go with it. See you in November.

Yurt
03-18-2008, 03:28 PM
He said he did not hear the two I mentioned. YOu clearly have a difficult time reading for content. I thought he did a fine job in his speech today and I am not angry at anyone. I am disappointed, but predictably so, in those on the right who try like hell to make a bigger deal out of this than it ought to be. And again... why the FUCK do you worry about whether his campaign is "derailing" or not? That is up to the democrats, not you. You've got your candidate... a guy who has had Bush's dick in his mouth over this war from day one, and a guy who, by his own admission, doesn't really understand how the economy works.... that and he;s older than dirt. Go with it. See you in November.

fuck, fuck, fuck

you're losing it :laugh2: ya sick gay freak

Abbey Marie
03-18-2008, 03:36 PM

God, you are disgusting. And desparate.

Yurt
03-18-2008, 03:38 PM

his pissed because bambam let out the truth before he got elected

retiredman
03-18-2008, 03:40 PM
his pissed because bambam let out the truth before he got elected

I am not pissed about anything, other than perhaps your continued desire to put words in my mouth.

retiredman
03-18-2008, 03:43 PM

what is disgusting? the fact that McCain has been a major cheerleader for our war in Iraq - that a overwhelming majority of Americans think was a bad idea? Is it disgusting that McCain has stated that he doesn't know much about the economy?

Look, Abbey....I am not desparate. I am looking forward to a no-holds-barred campaign in the fall and feel confident my party will prevail. The economy is in the shitter and people hate the war in Iraq. Those are republican caused problems...democrats will try to fix them.

Yurt
03-18-2008, 03:44 PM
I am not pissed about anything, other than perhaps your continued desire to put words in my mouth.

its my "opinion" sicko

retiredman
03-18-2008, 03:46 PM
its my "opinion" sicko

fyi....it is incorrect.

douchebag.:laugh2:

Yurt
03-18-2008, 03:47 PM
fyi....it is incorrect.

douchebag.:laugh2:

i'm not the one writing steamy posts about guys dicks in other guys mouths......

retiredman
03-18-2008, 03:49 PM
i'm not the one writing steamy posts about guys dicks in other guys mouths......

your opinion is no less incorrect.

and it was an idiomatic expression meaning that McCain has done whatever Bush has asked him to do about the war... and the war is VERY unpopular with Americans.

Yurt
03-18-2008, 08:19 PM
MFM called me obsessive, others called me.....

but guess what, people like myself that would not let this racist injustice pass have forced that church to fire the lead pastor and change their website. sure they left in the part about loyalty to africa, blah blah, we are black.....but they were forced to change their rhetoric. the very fact they left the old only proves the change is superficial though. however.........

change was made and these racist have learned that it does not matter your skin color, you will be called to account

:thanks:

glockmail
03-19-2008, 07:46 AM
what is disgusting? ..... :lol:

retiredman
03-19-2008, 08:53 AM
MFM called me obsessive, others called me.....

but guess what, people like myself that would not let this racist injustice pass have forced that church to fire the lead pastor and change their website. sure they left in the part about loyalty to africa, blah blah, we are black.....but they were forced to change their rhetoric. the very fact they left the old only proves the change is superficial though. however.........

change was made and these racist have learned that it does not matter your skin color, you will be called to account

:thanks:

just think yurt.... Obama made that speech yesterday all because of you!

I would think that such a revelation at this particular juncture would be painful for you.... when your head starts to swell like that while it is inserted in your own ass, that must be uncomfortable, and make removal rather problematic. ouch.:laugh2:

Yurt
03-19-2008, 09:34 AM
just think yurt.... Obama made that speech yesterday all because of you!

I would think that such a revelation at this particular juncture would be painful for you.... when your head starts to swell like that while it is inserted in your own ass, that must be uncomfortable, and make removal rather problematic. ouch.:laugh2:

people like myself

stop making stuff up, i clearly said it was not just me, should really take off those obama glasses, they are screwing your judgment and reading comprehension skills up

FACT: my opening post and the ensuing posts of many members here, coupled with other people's efforts have in fact forced your church to be somewhat "less" racist.

you just can't handle that i was right all along :salute:

retiredman
03-19-2008, 09:37 AM
stop making stuff up, i clearly said it was not just me, should really take off those obama glasses, they are screwing your judgment and reading comprehension skills up

FACT: my opening post and the ensuing posts of many members here, coupled with other people's efforts have in fact forced your church to be somewhat "less" racist.

you just can't handle that i was right all along :salute:

no doubt. you and your band of posters on DebatePolicy.com have changed the entire United Church of Christ. good job! :clap:

Yurt
03-19-2008, 11:31 AM
no doubt. you and your band of posters on DebatePolicy.com have changed the entire United Church of Christ. good job! :clap:

you are the most intellectually dishonest poster on this site, well, truthmatters has you beat. i never said it was just this board ninny. you whine about me putting words your mouth, when all you do is put words in my mouth.

you're just mad because i was right and you are wrong.

retiredman
03-19-2008, 02:02 PM
you are the most intellectually dishonest poster on this site, well, truthmatters has you beat. i never said it was just this board ninny. you whine about me putting words your mouth, when all you do is put words in my mouth.

you're just mad because i was right and you are wrong.

other fighting keyboardists joined you in your noble and ultimately successful effort? congratulations to you. I can't wait until you all put your mighty powers of persuasion together and do something else noble like that.

Maybe you could convince the government to repeal the law of gravity.:lol:

1.. I am certainly not mad about anything
2.. I am not wrong about anything I have said having to do with my church

Yurt
03-19-2008, 03:29 PM
other fighting keyboardists joined you in your noble and ultimately successful effort? congratulations to you. I can't wait until you all put your mighty powers of persuasion together and do something else noble like that.

Maybe you could convince the government to repeal the law of gravity.:lol:

1.. I am certainly not mad about anything
2.. I am not wrong about anything I have said having to do with my church

ok, you're not that intellectually dishonest, you're just plain stupid.....where did i ever limit people to those that are on forums/online? Answer: no where.

there are peope in the media, talk show hosts, etc....

and you are mad as hell, yesterday was fuck, fuck, fuck, dicks on mouths .... over this. you know for a fact that my thread was right, that is why the church has changed its stance.

thank you Yurt and others for showing me the error of my ways. your own church disagrees with your stance in this thread :laugh2:

retiredman
03-19-2008, 03:55 PM
ok, you're not that intellectually dishonest, you're just plain stupid.....where did i ever limit people to those that are on forums/online? Answer: no where.

there are peope in the media, talk show hosts, etc....

and you are mad as hell, yesterday was fuck, fuck, fuck, dicks on mouths .... over this. you know for a fact that my thread was right, that is why the church has changed its stance.

thank you Yurt and others for showing me the error of my ways. your own church disagrees with your stance in this thread :laugh2:

I will again remind you that you do not know what I know for a fact. You confuse your opinions with facts quite regularly. And I am not mad at all. I am a former U.S. Navy man...my language has always been "salty". It is, in no way, an indication of my level of anger.

I understand that you did not cause Obama to write his speech singlehandedly. The fact that you think you had any impact on his decision to speak on the issue whatsoever is, itself, still remarkably funny. Apparently, you cannot take a little ribbing about it.

My own church disagrees with me? please provide a link to that.

Yurt
03-19-2008, 04:00 PM
I will again remind you that you do not know what I know for a fact. You confuse your opinions with facts quite regularly. And I am not mad at all. I am a former U.S. Navy man...my language has always been "salty". It is, in no way, an indication of my level of anger.

I understand that you did not cause Obama to write his speech singlehandedly. The fact that you think you had any impact on his decision to speak on the issue whatsoever is, itself, still remarkably funny. Apparently, you cannot take a little ribbing about it.

My own church disagrees with me? please provide a link to that.

if only because you don't know the difference between a rib and a funnybone

waiting for your higness, sir rib, to admit i was right in this thread.

retiredman
03-19-2008, 04:22 PM
if only because you don't know the difference between a rib and a funnybone

waiting for your higness, sir rib, to admit i was right in this thread.

die waiting.

Yurt
03-19-2008, 05:10 PM
die waiting.

ah, how sweet, nice obama church member wishing me death

manu1959
03-19-2008, 05:25 PM

didn't really wish you dead.....more like hoping you would die before you got waht you wanted.....you know my white grandma died before she got what she wanted...........

Yurt
03-19-2008, 06:08 PM
didn't really wish you dead.....more like hoping you would die before you got waht you wanted.....you know my white grandma died before she got what she wanted...........

just treating his words how he treats mine

retiredman
03-19-2008, 06:29 PM

I am not wishing you death... or hoping for your death. I am merely pointing out that you will, undoubtedly die before you get me to betray my sense of right and wrong and admit to the falsehood that you have been "right" in this matter.

Yurt
03-19-2008, 06:44 PM
I am not wishing you death... or hoping for your death. I am merely pointing out that you will, undoubtedly die before you get me to betray my sense of right and wrong and admit to the falsehood that you have been "right" in this matter.

i know you weren't wishing me death, i was "understanding" your words they way you understood mine in your attempt at ribbing me.

its ok, we all know i am right, however, you are entitled to your "opinion."

*takes forum out for victory drinks*
:cheers2:

retiredman
03-19-2008, 07:02 PM

and you are entitled to yours. just try not to make the mistake of confusing it with a fact.

Yurt
03-19-2008, 08:37 PM
who wants a round?

Kathianne
03-19-2008, 08:55 PM
i know you weren't wishing me death, i was "understanding" your words they way you understood mine in your attempt at ribbing me.

*takes forum out for victory drinks*
:cheers2:

I'll have a mimosa, feeling springy!

Yurt
03-19-2008, 09:49 PM
I'll have a mimosa, feeling springy!

round for you

if MFM gets lonely, lets send him a shirley temple..... :laugh2:

retiredman
03-19-2008, 09:57 PM
round for you

if MFM gets lonely, lets send him a shirley temple..... :laugh2:

decaf green tea will be fine.... I give up booze for Lent.

Yurt
03-19-2008, 10:00 PM

shirley temple has no booze :laugh2:

i had your drink, no worries

manu1959
03-19-2008, 10:05 PM

i gave up lent for lent.........:cheers2:

retiredman
03-19-2008, 10:28 PM
shirley temple has no booze :laugh2:

i had your drink, no worries

I know shirley temples have no booze. I was drinking shirley temples before you were born, young fella. Hell, I had graduated from Annapolis and was at sea serving our country before you were born!:lol:

decaf green tea has no booze either - and since my cardiologist says no caffeine, decaf it is. if you are going to get me a drink, get me one I like or don't bother.

Kathianne
03-19-2008, 10:34 PM
What I've been trying to say:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=OWJjNDRiZmE4ZWJmMDMyNGU0MTk2ZmE3MzM1MGQ1ZWU=

The Tragedy of Obama's Speech [Victor Davis Hanson]

The tragedy of Obama's speech and the mindless endorsement of it was the rejection of any constant moral standard—an absolute sense of wrong and right that transcends situational ethics, context, and individual particulars. And once one jettisons such absolutes, they won't be there when one wishes to seek refuge in them in a future hour of need.

Yurt
03-19-2008, 10:35 PM
I know shirley temples have no booze. I was drinking shirley temples before you were born, young fella. Hell, I had graduated from Annapolis and was at sea serving our country before you were born!:lol:

decaf green tea has no booze either - and since my cardiologist says no caffeine, decaf it is. if you are going to get me a drink, get me one I like or don't bother.

7up has caffeine? shit, no pleasin the old the old man tonight :laugh2:

retiredman
03-19-2008, 10:52 PM
What I've been trying to say:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=OWJjNDRiZmE4ZWJmMDMyNGU0MTk2ZmE3MzM1MGQ1ZWU=

why am I not surprised that you found your voice in the national review? :lol:

retiredman
03-19-2008, 10:53 PM
7up has caffeine? shit, no pleasin the old the old man tonight :laugh2:

I appreciate the gesture.

manu1959
03-19-2008, 10:55 PM

:poke:fag......real men drink a roy rogers............

retiredman
03-19-2008, 11:03 PM
:poke:fag......real men drink a roy rogers............

real men drink The Famous Grouse and that is what I will be having at one minute past midnight this coming Sunday morning.:cheers2:

Kathianne
03-19-2008, 11:06 PM
why am I not surprised that you found your voice in the national review? :lol:

Cause that is where Hanson is now writing? You think you are brighter than he?

manu1959
03-19-2008, 11:07 PM
real men drink The Famous Grouse and that is what I will be having at one minute past midnight this coming Sunday morning.:cheers2:

10 or 18.........prefer mortlach myself.....

Yurt
03-19-2008, 11:25 PM
I appreciate the gesture.

your drink, on me

retiredman
03-19-2008, 11:30 PM
10 or 18.........prefer mortlach myself.....

I've had both, but prefer 10. I would rather drink The Famous Grouse than any other scotch I have tried at any price.

retiredman
03-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Cause that is where Hanson is now writing? You think you are brighter than he?

brighter? oh probably not. I am pretty bright, though!

the political philosophy of the publication was what I found rather predictable.

Yurt
03-19-2008, 11:50 PM
brighter? oh probably not. I am pretty bright, though!

the political philosophy of the publication was what I found rather predictable.

you're pretty?

retiredman
03-19-2008, 11:52 PM
you're pretty?

I have a face only a wife could love.

Yurt
03-19-2008, 11:53 PM

:lol:

Yurt
03-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Long before the blowup over Barack Obama's pastor, I wrote about this angry, "Afrocentric" church in my new book, "Stupid Black Men: How to Play the Race Card — and Lose."

"Barack Obama," I wrote, "attends Chicago's popular Trinity United Church of Christ. He described its minister, Reverend Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., as his 'spiritual mentor.' On its Web site, Trinity United Church of Christ describes itself: 'We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. … It is G-d who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in G-d through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.'

"Consider the grief President George W. Bush attracted when he gave a speech at Bob Jones University, an institution that formerly banned interracial dating. Imagine a Republican attending a church that professed 'Caucasian-centric' Bible readings. According to an article in Rolling Stone, Reverend Wright said, 'Racism is how this country was founded and this country is still run! … We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns and the training of professional KILLERS. … We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in G-d. … We conducted radiation experiments on our own people. … We care nothing about human life if the ends justify the means! And. And. And! GAWD! Has GOT! To be SICK! OF THIS SH-T!'

Complete opinion... (http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/elder032008.php3)

we can thank hjmick for this wonderful tidbit. though i fear that MFM will not sleep well knowing that a black person agreed with Yurt.

Pale Rider
03-23-2008, 04:43 AM

But you've got to tie a pork chop around your neck to get the dog to play with you right?

Juuuust joking.... couldn't resist.

Sitarro
03-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Obama's run for the presidency has nothing to do with his church, and I disagree with your suggestion that his church is racist. As to what MY church is doing to uplift people of african descent? We are doing nothing in support of that mission... my particular church has chosen homelessness and poverty as our mission. We don't have a large african american population in need of care... we do have plenty of poor and homeless people living in the urban area of our church and we are ministering to them.

Ministering to them? In other words you are bothering them will meaningless little stories and ignoring the fact that the only reason they put up with your crap is to get a free meal. That's hilarious.

Excuse me for being so naive but why doesn't that piece of shit wright take the money he stole from the "congregation" and take his black ass back to the homeland? He could go "minister" in the jungle where he obviously belongs.

retiredman
03-23-2008, 10:47 AM
you are not naive, you are mean spirited. And your insults fall on deaf ears. Oh, and Rev. Wright never stole a dime.

Sitarro
03-23-2008, 11:06 AM
you are not naive, you are mean spirited. And your insults fall on deaf ears. Oh, and Rev. Wright never stole a dime.

Bullshit, he collected plenty for his rants, that is stealing in it's worst form.

How about the golf match, 100 a hole, 100 for longest drive and 100 for closest to the hole on the par 3s.

retiredman
03-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Bullshit, he collected plenty for his rants, that is stealing in it's worst form.

How about the golf match, 100 a hole, 100 for longest drive and 100 for closest to the hole on the par 3s.

I would not enjoy golf at those stakes. How about a simple 18 hole match for 100.

what is your HDCP, by the way?

Sitarro
03-23-2008, 05:51 PM
I would not enjoy golf at those stakes. How about a simple 18 hole match for 100.

what is your HDCP, by the way?

I don't play enough to have an official handicap....... I usually play between a 6 and a 10. I haven't played in a while, shot 75 last time I did.

retiredman
03-23-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't play enough to have an official handicap....... I usually play between a 6 and a 10. I haven't played in a while, shot 75 last time I did.

It would be a good match.

Yurt
03-27-2008, 09:41 PM
It really is amazing how racist this church is. If this was truly a church of Christ, why focus on one continent? If you were to focus on one place, why not where Christ ministered? He told us to go into all the world....never a command to commit ourselves to a continent.

African-centered thought, unlike Eurocentrism, does not assume superiority and look at everyone else as being inferior.

statement alone is ignorant. what and who exactly practice eurocentrism worship? is there a EUCC?

To have a church whose theological perspective starts from the vantage point of Black liberation theology being its center, is not to say that African or African American people are superior to any one else.

uh, then why have human epidermis at the center of anything? i think white skin should be at the center of my perspective, not that i'm superior or anything.....:rolleyes:

Yurt
03-31-2008, 09:09 PM
truth that obama, despite saying the opposite, knew about pastor wrights racism and the virulent racism of this church:

and one of obama's lies:

Obama wrote that he had known of similar statements by Wright over the years, which he strongly condemned. He wrote that he chose to remain in the church because “Rev. Wright was on the verge of retirement, and because of my strong links to the Trinity faith community.”

oops, thought he didn't know......

retiredman
03-31-2008, 09:29 PM
truth that obama, despite saying the opposite, knew about pastor wrights racism and the virulent racism of this church:

and one of obama's lies:

oops, thought he didn't know......

oops. he said he hadn't heard the pieces that had been broadcast. apples and oranges.

Yurt
03-31-2008, 09:37 PM
oops. he said he hadn't heard the pieces that had been broadcast. apples and oranges.

only to ignorant cult followers....he has changed his story....first he never knew...wait, then he was "aware"... and now you are saying he never heard "specifically" those pieces....who cares, he KNEW and admits it....or what other controversial topics was he referring to?

none, you cult has brainwashed you

manu1959
03-31-2008, 09:45 PM
only to ignorant cult followers....he has changed his story....first he never knew...wait, then he was "aware"... and now you are saying he never heard "specifically" those pieces....who cares, he KNEW and admits it....or what other controversial topics was he referring to?

he goes to a church for 20 years was married by the guy and had his kids baptized by him....and had no clue the dude was less than pc......

and they say bush is clueless......

retiredman
03-31-2008, 09:53 PM

There is a difference between black liberation theology in general, and uttering the phrase "god damn america".

and you should probably not suggest that I am brainwashed in one post and then ask me to play nice in another, got it?

Yurt
03-31-2008, 09:59 PM
There is a difference between black liberation theology in general, and uttering the phrase "god damn america".

and you should probably not suggest that I am brainwashed in one post and then ask me to play nice in another, got it?

just trying to unbrainwash you :laugh2:

and that is different than continuing the jewish schtick and you know it, don't play stupid, its too hard to tell if you're playing or not

retiredman
03-31-2008, 10:03 PM
just trying to unbrainwash you :laugh2:

and that is different than continuing the jewish schtick and you know it, don't play stupid, its too hard to tell if you're playing or not

insult my intelligence and don't be surprised if I find some way to insult you back.

Yurt
03-31-2008, 10:05 PM
insult my intelligence and don't be surprised if I find some way to insult you back.

i don't care if you try to insult my intelligence, that is part and fun of debating, but the jew thing....no place, no way, no how...simple, got it.

retiredman
03-31-2008, 10:10 PM
i don't care if you try to insult my intelligence, that is part and fun of debating, but the jew thing....no place, no way, no how...simple, got it.

I DO care if you insult my intelligence. no place, no way, no how... simple. got it?

manu1959
03-31-2008, 10:18 PM
I DO care if you insult my intelligence. no place, no way, no how... simple. got it?

how do you insult an imaginary thing......remember some people just deserve to be treated a certain way....

Yurt
03-31-2008, 10:28 PM

i said you were brainwashed....not insulting your intelligence and:

you said manu's questions were stupid, you insulted his intelligence....

Sometimes, people deserve how they are treated

you go around insulting many on this forum and cry like a baby when i tease you? :boohoo:

guess you just deserve it...

Yurt
04-07-2008, 02:51 PM
i missed this thread :coffee:

westcoast
04-07-2008, 03:37 PM
i missed this thread :coffee:

And I missed the racism you claim exists in the thread. There is nothing wrong with black power as describe by that church, nothing. You're probably white and now you want to deny people of african origin again?

Yurt
04-07-2008, 04:00 PM
And I missed the racism you claim exists in the thread. There is nothing wrong with black power as describe by that church, nothing. You're probably white and now you want to deny people of african origin again?

so you pop in here all whitey and mitey? read the OP. and you have no problem with black power? do you go the same church as MFM?

Yurt
04-07-2008, 04:48 PM
so you pop in here all whitey and mitey? read the OP. and you have no problem with black power? do you go the same church as MFM?

silence as usual....

Pale Rider
04-07-2008, 04:54 PM

Yeah... well how about this? You got a problem with that?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3222/2296500845_659348c74a_o.jpg

Yurt
04-07-2008, 04:56 PM
white power is racist pale. mfm admits it.

retiredman
04-07-2008, 06:50 PM
whitey has the lion's share of the power already...and always has.

you guys who want to believe that the minute that Abe Lincoln signed the Emancipation proclamation that blacks instantaneously all had access to the same power structure that whites had ...or that the minute that the Civil Rights Act was signed into law that the legacy of Jim Crow just magically disappeared... that the whites only centuries old power structure and social network just immediately evaporated... I don't buy it. sorry.

Yurt
04-07-2008, 09:02 PM

you guys who want to believe that the minute that Abe Lincoln signed the Emancipation proclamation that blacks instantaneously all had access to the same power structure that whites had ...or that the minute that the Civil Rights Act was signed into law that the legacy of Jim Crow just magically disappeared... that the whites only centuries old power structure and social network just immediately evaporated... I don't buy it. sorry.

white power is racist pale. mfm admits it.

told you....only black power is kosher with mfm

Kathianne
04-07-2008, 09:14 PM

For me, I think Blacks got an honest leg up with Brown V Bd of Ed. Escalated in the 60's and 70's, they haven't looked back. Some however were harmed by the policies of welfare and 'general welfare' of the same time period. It's been a mixed bag, having more to do in likelihood with nurture than nature.

retiredman
04-07-2008, 10:57 PM
told you....only black power is kosher with mfm

black empowerment is up against white power.

whites have it, blacks want some. If my people had been owned and systematically disenfranchised, I'd want some too.

retiredman
04-07-2008, 10:59 PM
For me, I think Blacks got an honest leg up with Brown V Bd of Ed. Escalated in the 60's and 70's, they haven't looked back. Some however were harmed by the policies of welfare and 'general welfare' of the same time period. It's been a mixed bag, having more to do in likelihood with nurture than nature.
a "leg up"???? going from "separate but equal" to getting a chance to send your kids to the same schools as white kids is somehow a "leg UP"????

Kathianne
04-07-2008, 11:05 PM
a "leg up"???? going from "separate but equal" to getting a chance to send your kids to the same schools as white kids is somehow a "leg UP"????

Spin away, you know what I meant. Not going there.

retiredman
04-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Spin away, you know what I meant. Not going there.

how am I to know that you meant something other than "leg up" when you typed "leg up"? AM I supposed to be clairvoyant????

Kathianne
04-07-2008, 11:13 PM
how am I to know that you meant something other than "leg up" when you typed "leg up"? AM I supposed to be clairvoyant????

In all respect, pound sand. You are not an idiot, though you try hard to present yourself as one.

retiredman
04-07-2008, 11:17 PM
In all respect, pound sand. You are not an idiot, though you try hard to present yourself as one.

you are the one who said that Brown v. Board of Education gave blacks a "leg up". Either defend the statement or retract it, but don't run away from it all the while blaming me for pointing your little gaffe out in the first place.

manu1959
04-07-2008, 11:31 PM
you are the one who said that Brown v. Board of Education gave blacks a "leg up". Either defend the statement or retract it, but don't run away from it all the while blaming me for pointing your little gaffe out in the first place.

did brown v board of ed ....not help blacks.....

retiredman
04-07-2008, 11:42 PM
did brown v board of ed ....not help blacks.....

oh...it gave them a leg up. Just ask kathianne. by going to the same schools as whites, they got a leg up.... not just even...they got a leg up, ergo an "advantage or an edge".

How DARE those uppity black folks demand such an advantage!

Yurt
04-08-2008, 12:04 AM
oh...it gave them a leg up. Just ask kathianne. by going to the same schools as whites, they got a leg up.... not just even...they got a leg up, ergo an "advantage or an edge".

How DARE those uppity black folks demand such an advantage!

black power! amazing you defend such a racist ideology...well, not really...typical white liberal

glockmail
04-08-2008, 05:46 AM

you guys who want to believe that the minute that Abe Lincoln signed the Emancipation proclamation that blacks instantaneously all had access to the same power structure that whites had ...or that the minute that the Civil Rights Act was signed into law that the legacy of Jim Crow just magically disappeared... that the whites only centuries old power structure and social network just immediately evaporated... I don't buy it. sorry. Oh that's right. The Democrats brought the war underground with their terrorist wing, the KKK. Then the Jim Crow laws, then fought against civil rights, then fought against desegregation.... Thanks for reminding me. :coffee:

retiredman
04-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Oh that's right. The Democrats brought the war underground with their terrorist wing, the KKK. Then the Jim Crow laws, then fought against civil rights, then fought against desegregation.... Thanks for reminding me. :coffee:

so... you will admit that there has not been any real level playing fields for blacks simply because of the emancipation proclamation and the civil arights acts?

thanks for clearing that up.

glockmail
04-08-2008, 10:33 AM
so... you will admit that there has not been any real level playing fields for blacks simply because of the emancipation proclamation and the civil arights acts?

thanks for clearing that up. What I'm saying is that you Democrats have put exemplary effort into keeping the black man in his place, starting with slavery, then terrorism, then segregation, and now Affirmative Action and Welfare. Obama is simply part of the latest two movements, and whining about the first three, which had no impact on him or his ancestry.