PDA

View Full Version : This will make you think twice...

jackass
02-23-2008, 07:07 PM
As a beef lover I have to say....YIKES!!!

Why Our Burgers Still Aren't Safe
The agency charged with safeguarding our food supply has a dirty little secret: It tests just 0.05 percent of the nation's ground beef for bacteria that could kill you. Sure you want to eat that burger?

It's a Friday night in Missoula, Montana, when my buddy Eric and I walk into the Oxford Café. We make our way through the usual crowd of gamblers, pool players, drinkers, and drunks, and take a seat against the far wall. The waitress looks weary, and we look like work to her. "What'll you have?" she asks. Eric orders a hamburger. I point at the laminated menu and order scrambled eggs and brains, nicknamed "He Needs 'Em."

"Impossible," the waitress says flatly. "Since mad cow disease, the USDA won't let us serve that."

"I don't know why you'd want to eat brains," Eric says. This from a guy who thinks nothing of gutting an elk.

I've eaten calf testicles and cow hearts and all sorts of things, but I'd never eaten brains before. I'd heard about the Oxford's fabled dish and figured this would be my chance to try something new, to taste something considered a delicacy in many parts of the world. It didn't seem particularly risky. In fact, no one in Missoula (or anywhere else in the United States) had ever been sickened from eating mad-cow-contaminated meat.

http://health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100194418&page=1

Said1
02-23-2008, 07:19 PM
My mother STILL eats blood pudding. Whatever that is.

Ew.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/Said1/bloodew.jpg

retiredman
02-23-2008, 07:21 PM
that looks like the handiwork of Lorena Bobbit!

Yurt
02-23-2008, 07:34 PM
this is why my wife and i have been going back to being mostly vegetarians. actually started a while back with some other red meat scare. here's the rub though:

i love eggs -- dead baby chickens

i love chicken -- at least they made it to chickenhood

chickens are in worse condition than cows

protein

good lord, tofu makes me fart like, well........

am trying to eat more legumes, still.....

fish is good, wild. the farm thing, cheaper, but you never know. i have seen the salmon farms in canada, not bad, however, the issue is them "swimming" around and around in their excretions. not healthy.

eff it, i'll just eat grass. though my mom has this SDA cookbooks from the 70s that show you how you can completely live without meat/diary. looks scary. i'm a poet. back when i was in shape in undergrad, worked out occasionally with a girl who was vegan. will tell you this --> it is true, her skin was flawless and so was she. my favorite, she had the japenese exchange students over for "dinner" one night -- pizza. I speak some japanese (very little) and they were dying, LOL. Pizza, no cheese, huh?

she was healthy. takes commitment though. hmmmmm......

jackass
02-23-2008, 08:01 PM
If I Cant have a nice juicy red hunk of meat...just shoot me!

Said1
02-23-2008, 08:03 PM
that looks like the handiwork of Lorena Bobbit!

I always wondered what the inside of a penis looked like. Google rocks!