PDA

View Full Version : Operation Clambake

Microcosmos
02-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Heve you ever seen www.xenu.net? It is so very enlightening. I found the site right after I saw the South PArk episode about Scientology. I couldn't believe that people actually would willingly join such a religion! But the sad truth is, most Scientologists don't even know the full truth about their own religion, or what the outside world is really like.

02-23-2008, 11:18 PM
I am hesitant to make a claim that someone doesnt know about his/her religion. it screams arrogance and I don't particularly care when people try to claim that they know more about what I believe than I do.

My experience is that people usually believe they have logical reasons for believing what they do. My suggestion is you try to see things from their perspective. it's much more enlightening and condusive to conversation.

Microcosmos
02-24-2008, 12:04 AM
I'm just basing that statement on what the site says... I get the impression from there that the average Scientologist adherant wouldn't even have access to this site, let alone the one I linked to above. And the whole Xenu mythology is kept under wraps for most Scientologists, they have to pay for multiple sessions of having their Thetans removed before they can even get access to it. And after they read the Xenu story, they're supposed to what, turn their back on the religion that they've been sticking with doggedly for years? They would feel like they wasted their lives, so why not stick with it. And if they did decide, at any point, not to stick with it, they become "fair game", which means any Scientologist has permission to completely screw up their life, mostly using legal means but physical violence is allowed. And people who badmouth Scientology can have their lives ruined, so I gues I'd better shut up about it.