PDA

View Full Version : $9.00 Air fares

Classact
02-24-2008, 07:40 AM
My wife has a coworker at work that tells her her brother flies regualarly from Puerto Rico to Miami for $9.00 one way. If anyone is interested I will get more details. I googled and found a site offering $9 one way fares but I'm not sure if it is the one he uses. This may be a cheap get-away to warm weather on a budget.

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 09:21 AM
what about from san diego to houston?

My wife has a coworker at work that tells her her brother flies regualarly from Puerto Rico to Miami for $9.00 one way. If anyone is interested I will get more details. I googled and found a site offering $9 one way fares but I'm not sure if it is the one he uses. This may be a cheap get-away to warm weather on a budget.

jackass
02-24-2008, 02:48 PM
I will fly just about anywhere for 9 bucks!!

dan
02-24-2008, 03:11 PM

The only downside: having to spend time in Puerto Rico and Miami! :D

Abbey Marie
02-24-2008, 03:17 PM
For $9.00, I think I'd be a little afraid that the planes aren't maintained too well!

manu1959
02-24-2008, 03:34 PM
For $9.00, I think I'd be a little afraid that the planes aren't maintained too well!

what makes you think all yall will be flying in the ariplane

Abbey Marie
02-24-2008, 03:37 PM

Human reverse thruster? :laugh2:

Classact
02-24-2008, 07:22 PM
I asked the wife and she says this is the site: http://www.spirit.com/ Perhaps there are some fine print and annual fees?

gabosaurus
02-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Make sure you look at the restrictions and fine print before you get too excited about it. This is not what it seems.

Classact
02-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Make sure you look at the restrictions and fine print before you get too excited about it. This is not what it seems.My wife says the coworkers cousin uses it regularly without problems. I think she said he works at Disney and likes to come home often and the airport is in our back yard... Maybe it is a deal where airline employees can sell their seats if they don't want to use them or something.

When I worked for a government contractor after retiring I traveled frequently to Europe and across America... I usually sold my frequent flyer miles every seven or eight months for over a thousand dollars through an agency that sold cheap tickets from CA to Hawaii.

Pale Rider
02-24-2008, 10:15 PM

Sure ya will... sitting right on top of all those bails of cannabis.

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 02:11 AM
I asked the wife and she says this is the site: http://www.spirit.com/ Perhaps there are some fine print and annual fees?

I've heard of this one actually. They are legit. The thing is that if you wan't a pillow, it will cost ya, if you want peanuts it will cost ya, if you want juice or drinks it will cost ya. Then they have catalogs that they try to sell you things while you fly.

jff.law
04-16-2008, 12:20 PM
That comapny flies international?

dan
04-16-2008, 02:09 PM
That comapny flies international?

Puerto Rico's part of the US.

PostmodernProphet
04-16-2008, 02:38 PM
I had a friend mention that his daughter flew for $9 on Spirit and when I flew out of Detroit on Northwest I saw the Spirit planes at the terminal......apart from the training wheels they looked okay (jk)......

Sitarro
04-16-2008, 03:00 PM
I had a friend mention that his daughter flew for $9 on Spirit and when I flew out of Detroit on Northwest I saw the Spirit planes at the terminal......apart from the training wheels they looked okay (jk)......

Amazingly, the pilots look a lot like the person in your avatar. At 9 bucks you aren't paying enough to take an express bus downtown, you can barely get out of Burger King for that price, how do they put fuel in the aircraft?

The pilots can't possibly be making enough to live on, tires aren't changed, brakes are allowed to go well past a safe time...... even with the added on amounts, this is too little to pay for a ride at 37,000 feet across the country or worse....WATER!

I wouldn't step into the concourse of this fly on a prayer "airline". I don't trust the children that fly Continental Express and they make 30 grand a year and are backed by a real airline that has rules and regulations.

PostmodernProphet
04-16-2008, 04:58 PM
you're error is in assuming ALL the seats are $9.....at that price you are, as a member of the club, taking unbooked seats at the last minute.....for example they may take one flight to Puerto Rico a day....if they have ten unsold seats they offer them to members for $9.....