PDA

View Full Version : Twelve Reasons to Vote for Ralph Nader

Joe Steel
02-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Here are twelve reasons to vote for Ralph Nader.

Twelve Issues that Matter for 2008 (http://www.votenader.org/issues/)

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2008, 09:22 AM
I respect the hell outta ralph, but I have a better chance of winning then him :laugh2:

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Not a good candidate for the times.....maybe in an idealistic 50's environment, but not now....

Dilloduck
02-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Anyone here have an idea what his REAL agenda is ?

5stringJeff
02-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Ralph's 12 Issues, with translations:
---------------
Adopt single payer national health insurance Translation: "Expand federal government power"

Cut the huge, bloated, wasteful military budget Translation: "Leave America Defenseless"

No to nuclear power, solar energy first Translation: "Expand federal government power"

Aggressive crackdown on corporate crime and corporate welfare Translation: "Expand federal government power"

Open up the Presidential debates This one I agree with him on.

Adopt a carbon pollution tax Translation: "Expand federal government power"

Reverse U.S. policy in the Middle East Which policy? The Iraq War? Trying to bring peace to Israel/Palestine? Don't buy oil from Arabs?

Impeach Bush/Cheney Translation: "Expand the influence of the UN over America"

Repeal the Taft-Hartley anti-union law Translation: "Expand federal government power"

Adopt a Wall Street securities speculation tax Translation: "Expand federal government power"

Put an end to ballot access obstructionism Translation: "Expand federal government power"

Work to end corporate personhood Translation: "Expand federal government power"
----------------

1 for 12. Thanks, but no thanks.

Abbey Marie
02-24-2008, 02:51 PM
One reason to NOT vote for Ralph Nader:

Joe Steel likes him! :D ;)

Dilloduck
02-24-2008, 03:06 PM
One reason to NOT vote for Ralph Nader:

Joe Steel likes him! :D ;)

He surely doesn't expect to win----why in the hell is he running ?

Abbey Marie
02-24-2008, 03:14 PM

Attention-whore?

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-24-2008, 03:22 PM

As has been the case in the past, most 3rd party candidates only seek splinter the vote, and make folks feel like there is another alternative, when in reality, all they are doing is helping to ensure the more conservative candidate wins in the general election.

Dilloduck
02-24-2008, 03:27 PM
As has been the case in the past, most 3rd party candidates only seek splinter the vote, and make folks feel like there is another alternative, when in reality, all they are doing is helping to ensure the more conservative candidate wins in the general election.

That's all I can figure. Maybe he can extort some bucks from the liberal candidates ? :laugh2:

Sitarro
02-24-2008, 10:20 PM
I remember this clown, he lied about the Corvair and destroyed it. I believe he was working as a stooge for Ford at the time. He is an idiot and only idiots would consider voting for him......... Joey Steel?:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:More proof of your dimwit status.

02-25-2008, 03:24 AM
So Joe is a Nader supporter... Why doesn't that surprise me?

red states rule
02-25-2008, 06:01 AM
The liberal media has turned on Nader. After all, the left blames Nadar for Pres Bush winnning in 2000

CNN's Schneider: Nader 'Something of a Public Nuisance'
By Mark Finkelstein | February 24, 2008 - 15:34 ET
Might the MSM be miffed at the prospect of Ralph Nader making problems for the Dem candidate?

Ralph Nader will always have a place in Republicans' hearts for his yeoman work in Florida in 2000. But Democrats and the MSM apparently aren't looking so kindly on the hard-left crusader. Consider this comment from CNN senior political analyst Bill Schneider [file photo] on this morning's Late Edition, commenting on Nader's announcement on today's Meet the Press that he was again running for president.

JOHN KING: Is there a niche for Ralph Nader that could actually have an impact on the race?

BILL SCHNEIDER: It's a disappearing niche. In 2000 when he ran, he got about 2.8 million votes. In 2004, he got fewer than half a million votes. I imagine anyone left who's going to vote for Ralph Nader are probably people who wouldn't vote if Ralph Nader weren't running. They're the real die-hard. He really has gone over the past eight years, back in 1996 as a green candidate. He's gone from being a revered, national icon to something of a public nuisance.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/02/24/cnns-schneider-nader-public-nuisance

glockmail
02-25-2008, 09:25 AM

Go Ralph! Steal some ultra left votes away from the Democrats. :lol:

retiredman
02-25-2008, 10:13 AM
The liberal media has turned on Nader. After all, the left blames Nadar for Pres Bush winnning in 2000

CNN's Schneider: Nader 'Something of a Public Nuisance'
By Mark Finkelstein | February 24, 2008 - 15:34 ET
Might the MSM be miffed at the prospect of Ralph Nader making problems for the Dem candidate?

Ralph Nader will always have a place in Republicans' hearts for his yeoman work in Florida in 2000. But Democrats and the MSM apparently aren't looking so kindly on the hard-left crusader. Consider this comment from CNN senior political analyst Bill Schneider [file photo] on this morning's Late Edition, commenting on Nader's announcement on today's Meet the Press that he was again running for president.

JOHN KING: Is there a niche for Ralph Nader that could actually have an impact on the race?

BILL SCHNEIDER: It's a disappearing niche. In 2000 when he ran, he got about 2.8 million votes. In 2004, he got fewer than half a million votes. I imagine anyone left who's going to vote for Ralph Nader are probably people who wouldn't vote if Ralph Nader weren't running. They're the real die-hard. He really has gone over the past eight years, back in 1996 as a green candidate. He's gone from being a revered, national icon to something of a public nuisance.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2008/02/24/cnns-schneider-nader-public-nuisance

can you think of any states that Bush won in 2000 where Nader might have siphoned off enough votes from Gore to make that happen?

Hobbit
02-25-2008, 10:21 AM
can you think of any states that Bush won in 2000 where Nader might have siphoned off enough votes from Gore to make that happen?

Florida

Sitarro
02-25-2008, 11:51 AM

Can you think of any way that clown from Arkansas with the awful accent would of had a chance of beating President Bush if it wasn't for that little rich shit Perrot?

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Ralph Nader running for president again reminds me of this old concert line:

This is an old one, from back in the 70's
Was anyone here alive in the 70s?
Does anyone remember the 70s?
Does anyone still think it's the 70s?

MtnBiker
02-25-2008, 02:24 PM

Hobbit is right, Florida and also New Hampshire.

Florida; Bush 2,912790 Gore 2,912253 Nader 97,488

New Hampshire; Bush 27559 Gore 266348 Nader 22,198

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0876793.html

So yes, Nader did siphon off enough votes from Gore to allow Bush to win the electoral votes and the Presidency.

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Florida was decided by Katherine Harris, not Ralph Nader.

MtnBiker
02-25-2008, 02:46 PM
2000 just called and it wants its failed argument back.

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Tell 2000 to ask Ralph Nader. :)

glockmail
02-25-2008, 04:41 PM

So yes, Nader did siphon off enough votes from Gore to allow Bush to win the electoral votes and the Presidency. You gotta love that Nader! :lol:

02-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Florida was decided by Katherine Harris, not Ralph Nader.

Actually, it was decided for the people who voted for President Bush who beat out Al Gore.

Election's aren't that complicated. It's all about the math.

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 05:08 PM
I respect the hell outta ralph, but I have a better chance of winning then him :laugh2:

:slap::slap::slap::slap::slap::slap:

Nader is, was and always had been a tool.