PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Chesswarsnow

Sitarro
02-25-2008, 09:13 AM
I guess I should have started a thread just to ask you a few questions but I have never understood the whole "stick with the subject of the thread only!" mentality. It seems a bit formal and silly. I didn't want to start a separate thread just for my questions because it might invite rude comments about the subject when I was asking the questions with sincerity. As a designer I am naturally curious when I see something like your page layout and it is rare that I have the person that created the layout, why? I can't ask the layout ''designer'' of Maxxim magazine, why they choose to use both layout and typestyles that make it extremely tedious to even thumb through. So, with all of that being said, I have some questions for you Chesswarsnow.

Why do you post the way you do? Have you ever received anything positive responses about the way you post or the repetition of the "sorry bout that" line. Why do you leave the a off of about. Why the numbering of sentences and partial sentences. Why the avatar. Why do you finish with, what is usually a very insincere use of the word, regards. Do you realize how very difficult the "design" of your posts are to read...... Why don't you care?

I am not asking you this to be a jerk, I am truly curious. One of the numerous things I do for a living is graphic design. As a designer of page layout I try to make page design nice to look at but even more importantly, easy to look at. I understand that this is just a message board but what you do shows you are trying to do something else besides just post, why these choices? I don't understand and I would guess that most of the board doesn't understand either.

One other question, what made you decide to come back to Debatepolicy.com. Thanks in advance for your answers.

chesswarsnow
02-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well I am flattered that you would ask, but I suppose I do it out of practice.
2. I have been doing it so long, it comes natural for me now, also to stir debate, my method adds a ruffling of the feathers, which does help folks to think on the topic, and inspires them to post something they thought, and or think.
3. One reason is, it already has a built in *Sorry*, because the likelihood of you agreeing is in reality a 50/50 chance.
4. Which if that's the case you already have my apologies.
5. My *Regards* ending is just another example of posting a letter, maybe you might of received a *Regards* before, I kind of like that ending, so I use it, no other reason.
6. Not using an (a) in about is just slang, we use that here in Texas a lot.
7. My style promotes my side of the issue, and is rather difficult for others to defend against, kind like a perfect chess match.
8. Also this isn't a friendly online world, better to have a strong defense, so I use this method, works for me, I am not selling this as a graphic design, *Not Yet*,..hehehehe......
9. Also I was asked to come back, so I liked the management, so I did.
10. Anyway, those are the answers I know you were dieing to have, I hope this clears things up for you.

High Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

dan
02-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well I am flattered that you would ask, but I suppose I do it out of practice.
2. I have been doing it so long, it comes natural for me now, also to stir debate, my method adds a ruffling of the feathers, which does help folks to think on the topic, and inspires them to post something they thought, and or think.
3. One reason is, it already has a built in *Sorry*, because the likelihood of you agreeing is in reality a 50/50 chance.
4. Which if that's the case you already have my apologies.
5. My *Regards* ending is just another example of posting a letter, maybe you might of received a *Regards* before, I kind of like that ending, so I use it, no other reason.
6. Not using an (a) in about is just slang, we use that here in Texas a lot.
7. My style promotes my side of the issue, and is rather difficult for others to defend against, kind like a perfect chess match.
8. Also this isn't a friendly online world, better to have a strong defense, so I use this method, works for me, I am not selling this as a graphic design, *Not Yet*,..hehehehe......
9. Also I was asked to come back, so I liked the management, so I did.
10. Anyway, those are the answers I know you were dieing to have, I hope this clears things up for you.

High Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You shouldn't feel the need to apologize for anything you say, though. I think that makes you look a little weaker right off the bat.

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Sorry bout that

1. Asking CWN questions makes him think. So it is not advised.
2. You might ask him how many board he has been banned from
3. Because of his attitude and posting style
4. He came back because he has no where else to post
5. No other message board wants him
6. His posting style is annoying as hell
7. Next time he contributes to the discussion will be the first time
8. It's difficult to "defend" against someone who doesn't make any sense

Pale Rider
02-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Sorry bout that

1. Asking CWN questions makes him think. So it is not advised.
2. You might ask him how many board he has been banned from
3. Because of his attitude and posting style
4. He came back because he has no where else to post
5. No other message board wants him
6. His posting style is annoying as hell
7. Next time he contributes to the discussion will be the first time
8. It's difficult to "defend" against someone who doesn't make any sense

Gab... you forgot...

High Regards,
MissGabbyofCalifornia

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Sorry Pale. It was a blonde mistake and won't happen again. :cool:

Pale Rider
02-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Sorry Pale. It was a blonde mistake and won't happen again. :cool:

Why did I picture you as a brunette? :dunno:

chesswarsnow
02-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Just don't read what I write.
2. If you don't appreciate it, ignore it, I offer you to do it.
3. Its wide open, just go click something instead of bitching about it.
4. I have hundreds if not thousands who search the Internet to find where ever I am, and come and just *Read*.
5. You may be eating sour grapes, who knows, and who cares really?
6. I am like no other you have ever came across.
7. I am an original.
8. If I wanted to be bored to death like some of you appear to be, I would try to post like some of you.
9. Anyway, if your all unhappy by my posting style, go click a fucking button or something.
10. *KERPOW!*:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
02-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Sorry bout that,

You shouldn't feel the need to apologize for anything you say, though. I think that makes you look a little weaker right off the bat.

1. Its not really an apology, I know that and you do as well.
2. You do catch more bee's with a little honey thou.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

dan
02-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Its not really an apology, I know that and you do as well.
2. You do catch more bee's with a little honey thou.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yeah, I know, but it seemed like in your first post in this thread you were saying that you start with "sorry" to maybe level the playing field or something. I don't think you should do that. If you believe in what you're saying, no need to start with a sorry.

Also, I'm calling 'shenanigans' on this....

4. I have hundreds if not thousands who search the Internet to find where ever I am, and come and just *Read*.

82Marine89
02-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Why did I picture you as a brunette? :dunno:

So did I.

Kathianne
02-25-2008, 07:30 PM
I've never felt equal to Chessy, he's in a class of his own.

dan
02-25-2008, 08:19 PM
I've never felt equal to Chessy, he's in a class of his own.

Yeah, special ed. :dance:

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 08:24 PM
I've never felt equal to Chessy, he's in an ass of his own.

I must say, I totally agree with you.

chesswarsnow
02-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah, *Much higher*.
2. Yeah I know, how did hell did that happen?
3. He only has a 9th grade education and all.
4. There's a lot of things in life that aren't fair.
5. I say get used to it.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
02-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah, *Much higher*.
2. Yeah I know, how did hell did that happen?
3. He only has a 9th grade education and all.
4. There's a lot of things in life that aren't fair.
5. I say get used to it.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

you know, this whining crap about your lack of education is very telling on how insecure and feeble you are. my grandmother, rest her soul, did not even get to finish the ninth grade because she had to work in her parents store which saw hard times due to the depression. she never went around bragging about it like you. and that woman had some serious common sense smarts that put you under the table.

quit puffing yourself up and just accept who you are. stop trying to sell yourself to the world.

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 09:10 PM
you know, this whining crap about your lack of education is very telling on how insecure and feeble you are. my grandmother, rest her soul, did not even get to finish the ninth grade because she had to work in her parents store which saw hard times due to the depression. she never went around bragging about it like you. and that woman had some serious common sense smarts that put you under the table.

quit puffing yourself up and just accept who you are. stop trying to sell yourself to the world.

Oh hell, I have totally agreed with Yurt about something. Surely I will end up in hell for this...

:laugh2:

Yurt
02-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Oh hell, I have totally agreed with Yurt about something. Surely I will end up in hell for this...

:laugh2:

i told you that you shouldn't come to my bedroom :D

chesswarsnow
02-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I only do it out of fun.
2. Its fun to know that lawyers like you spent all that time in college.
3. And yet, you haven't really done anything.
4. Here or more than likely there.
5. What kind of lawyer do you say you are anyway?
6. I get reminded often that my education level isn't that high.
7. A certain Marine likes to bring it up to razz me.
8. So I also like to bring it up, makes for a peppery post.
9. Anyway, its your turn.:popcorn:
10. Oh and what did your granny accomplish anyways?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
02-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Sorry bout that,

i told you that you shouldn't come to my bedroom :D

1. Sorry Yurt, but chicks like smart guys.
2. To bad old chap!:laugh2:
3. Also knowing *God* always helps.
4. Yeah, I'm a chick magnate, chicks dig me.
5. I'm not on the market thou.
6. Seems you are, makes you wonder eh Yurt?
7. You know what I mean,...hehehehe,...................:poke:
8. Ten foot pole ring a bell?
9. What about all those *Lawyer* jokes?
10. Anyway, I am kidding, so don't get toooo upset,....hehehe,.....

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
02-26-2008, 10:30 PM
:lol:

cheeseyfries -- some advice, free of charge -- don't try to be funny and insulting, you fail miserably at both. my earlier advice to you was not an insult, it was the truth, if you can't handle it, thats your problem, not mine.

and btw, calling me not "smart" as compared to you, well, i guess i was wrong, you are "funny" :laugh2:

oh, yeah, my wife is hot... ooops, wrong again velveta :fu:

and what about them jokes? bring em on. is that all you have? chump

chesswarsnow
02-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Ahhhhahahaha,............:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas