PDA

View Full Version : History could be made this November!

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 12:23 PM
My husband will likely cast the first-ever Democratic vote in his family. He refuses to vote for McCain.
He was telling me last night that, to his knowledge, no one in his family has ever voted for a non-Republican candidate.
Another indication that the GOP is going to hell. :lmao:

MtnBiker
02-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Why does he refuse to vote for McCain?

hjmick
02-25-2008, 12:59 PM
My husband will likely cast the first-ever Democratic vote in his family. He refuses to vote for McCain.
He was telling me last night that, to his knowledge, no one in his family has ever voted for a non-Republican candidate.
Another indication that the GOP is going to hell. :lmao:

Really? I've voted for a Democrat on more than one occasion, but then again I imagine that I am a bit older than your husband and have been afforded more opportunities to cast a ballot.

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 01:01 PM
My husband refuses to vote for McCain because he think McCain is too liberal. And because McCain supports further escalation of the war.
I don't think anyone in my husband's family has ever voted Democratic. They are pretty standard Orange County conservatives.

Classact
02-25-2008, 01:06 PM
My husband refuses to vote for McCain because he think McCain is too liberal. And because McCain supports further escalation of the war.
I don't think anyone in my husband's family has ever voted Democratic. They are pretty standard Orange County conservatives.All three candidates have the same position on the Iraq War. When put on the spot Clinton and Obama will admit that they will seek the advice of the military and then they will waffle until in office.

02-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I don't think anyone in my husband's family has ever voted Democratic. They are pretty standard Orange County conservatives.

so he votes for more liberal candidates because McCain is too liberal?

I could see going third party or something for a less liberal person. but that just doesnt make sense to me.

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Why does he refuse to vote for McCain?

Because he isn't that bright. Although I could of told you that, he did marry Gabby.

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 02:12 PM
All three candidates have the same position on the Iraq War. When put on the spot Clinton and Obama will admit that they will seek the advice of the military and then they will waffle until in office.

Ummmm are you dense? All three candidates do not have the same view on the war. Obama wants to throw up a white flag of defeat and Hillary cant even make her own mind up. McCain wants to fight this thing until it is over.

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Admitting that the war was a mistake and withdrawing forces is not exactly "admitting defeat."
The current administration fucked up by invading. Obama will solve that by getting out.

Pale Rider
02-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Admitting that the war was a mistake and withdrawing forces is not exactly "admitting defeat."
The current administration fucked up by invading. Obama will solve that by getting out.

Just think how much good we could have done in our own country with a TRILLION DOLLARS, (and still counting).

Yeah this war has been a fuck up on a grand scale since the beginning.

DrJohn
02-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Ummmm are you dense? All three candidates do not have the same view on the war. Obama wants to throw up a white flag of defeat and Hillary cant even make her own mind up. McCain wants to fight this thing until it is over.

Yep. old (and I mean OLD) John McLame wouldn't be bothered if we stayed in Iraq for 100 years.

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Because he isn't that bright. Although I could of told you that, he did marry Gabby.

I could always use advice. Nevada, tell me about your successful marriage. :)

02-25-2008, 04:54 PM

you aren't really one to talk here nevada...

02-25-2008, 04:57 PM

I don't see how eliminating a ruthless dictator bent on obtaining power to mass kill and allowing the people to have power is a mistake.

I think we have a responsibility to fix what we break.

PostmodernProphet
02-25-2008, 05:07 PM
so he votes for more liberal candidates because McCain is too liberal?

I thought that amusing too.....he must listen to gabby too much.....

glockmail
02-25-2008, 05:19 PM
I could always use advice. Nevada, tell me about your successful marriage. :) Marry within you're IQ range. :pee:

Classact
02-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Ummmm are you dense? All three candidates do not have the same view on the war. Obama wants to throw up a white flag of defeat and Hillary cant even make her own mind up. McCain wants to fight this thing until it is over.No,No,No,No,No,No,No,No, Obama, in a question answer session was asked specifically how he would proceed and he said I would ask the generals on the ground... and, based on all information bring our troops home in the quickest method possible. Bush says the same, Hillary says the same, McCain says the same thing...

One liners of I'll do it in 60 days is election fodder... I ask the generals within 60 days of being president what are my options. I would like to bring the troops home... Well all Americans want to bring them home but not from the top of the US embassy in Iraq as they left Vietnam.

Today the Senate will debate ending the war... May be interesting to see if there is an overwhelming majority voting to end war on a certain day... it hasn't happened in the past, do you think the minority will roll over as the Democrats scratch their belly today?

Gaffer
02-26-2008, 08:23 AM
I will not vote of a democrat. If I don't like either candidate I will either vote independent or not vote. Voting for obama because I don't like mccain is silly. Talk about cutting off you nose to spite your face.