PDA

View Full Version : Obama photo stirrs up some heat in Dem race.

theHawk
02-25-2008, 01:57 PM
The Clinton camp isn't denying that they released it.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Behold, your next President!

02-25-2008, 01:59 PM
I can't see the photo well. I can't even tell if that's Obama.

02-25-2008, 02:00 PM

went to the website. So it is Obama. But what's the context of the picture?

I don't see anything specifically wrong with wearing foreign attire.

MtnBiker
02-25-2008, 02:01 PM
a bigger one

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/02_04/BaracKOsamaAP_468x789.jpg

retiredman
02-25-2008, 02:16 PM

go look at the nancyboy in the pretty blue dress at the bottom of this article:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashoa.htm

Behold your CURRENT President!!!! :laugh2:

hjmick
02-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Non issue. He was a guest, it was a gift, he was being gracious. It was during a visit to his father's homeland of Kenya in 2006. No big deal.

theHawk
02-25-2008, 02:35 PM

LOL, I never seen that one of Bill Clinton. He looks like the Pope.

diuretic
02-25-2008, 02:38 PM
LOL, I never seen that one of Bill Clinton. He looks like the Pope.

Clinton...........Pope............Clinton......... .....Pope

Pope - celibate

Clinton - nope doesn't work for me! :laugh2:

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 02:41 PM
I also don't see anything wrong with dressing in foreign attire during a goodwill trip.
Me thinks the Clinton camp is getting desperate.

DragonStryk72
02-25-2008, 02:56 PM
I also don't see anything wrong with dressing in foreign attire during a goodwill trip.
Me thinks the Clinton camp is getting desperate.

Yeah, I mean, you might as well put up a photo of him wearing a Hawaiian shirt while on vacation in Honolulu.

Yurt
02-25-2008, 03:38 PM
why is obama's camp upset about this? if there is nothing wrong with the pic, why get upset?

Monkeybone
02-25-2008, 03:44 PM
now if there was dynamite around his middle, i think that we could have something to worry about.

i am worried more about that it looks like he stole that old man's cane! :eek:

manu1959
02-25-2008, 03:45 PM

so is your argument he is just as big an idiot as bush......btw which head of state was obama meeting with in that pic .....

02-25-2008, 04:59 PM
I think President Clinton's outfit was the best... i like the cloak.

theHawk
02-25-2008, 05:21 PM
why is obama's camp upset about this? if there is nothing wrong with the pic, why get upset?

Well, he does look like a bastard Osama son.

retiredman
02-25-2008, 05:26 PM
so is your argument he is just as big an idiot as bush......btw which head of state was obama meeting with in that pic .....

no argument at all. I see nothing wrong with being sensitive to foreign cultures. Wearing native garb is a sign of respect. Lots of leaders and dignitaries do it all the time. Does it look silly, sometimes, when viewed through the lens of OUR culture? Certainly.

manu1959
02-25-2008, 05:42 PM
no argument at all. I see nothing wrong with being sensitive to foreign cultures. Wearing native garb is a sign of respect. Lots of leaders and dignitaries do it all the time. Does it look silly, sometimes, when viewed through the lens of OUR culture? Certainly.

sensitive to foreign cultures huh....any particular reason that people that come to our foreign land are not respectful of our foreign culture......seems they get to keep theirs and we get to give up ours.....

retiredman
02-25-2008, 05:46 PM
sensitive to foreign cultures huh....any particular reason that people that come to our foreign land are not respectful of our foreign culture......seems they get to keep theirs and we get to give up ours.....

he was in Kenya.

lots of dignitaries do it... find something of substance to bitch about. This is really silly of you.

manu1959
02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
he was in Kenya.

lots of dignitaries do it... find something of substance to bitch about. This is really silly of you.

shall i expect foreign dignitarys that come here to dress in a suit rather than their native garb.....i am bored....how about when the move here for good....should i expect them to embrace and respect our culture and tradition and style of dress....

retiredman
02-25-2008, 05:59 PM
shall i expect foreign dignitarys that come here to dress in a suit rather than their native garb.....i am bored....how about when the move here for good....should i expect them to embrace and respect our culture and tradition and style of dress....

expect whatever the fuck you want to. I don't care one way or the other.

manu1959
02-25-2008, 06:18 PM
expect whatever the fuck you want to. I don't care one way or the other.

yes you do .... you want me to agree with you and say it isn't a big deal for american culture to become well....replaced by all the other cultures of the world all in the name of tollerance and acceptance.....well of all the cultures except the american one....

red states rule
02-25-2008, 06:29 PM

So Obama is willing ro be seneitive to foreign cultures - but he not willing to wear a small US flag lapel pin to show support for his own country

That tells me - and others - alot

manu1959
02-25-2008, 06:54 PM
So Obama is willing ro be seneitive to foreign cultures - but he not willing to wear a small US flag lapel pin to show support for his own country

like i said ... all cultures are to be accepted and tollerated except the american one......britian and france are under fire as well....they are fighting back.....

Dilloduck
02-25-2008, 07:39 PM

I bet he didn't make it outta that hut with his watch ! :lmao:

manu1959
02-25-2008, 07:41 PM
I bet he didn't make it outta that hut with his watch ! :lmao:

looked to me like he was stealing the olde man's cane and was going to fight his way out.....:laugh2:

retiredman
02-25-2008, 08:12 PM

I would suggest that he shows his support for his own country by serving in the United States Senate.

I bet you have one of those cute yellow bumper magnets on your car, don't you? the ones made in china with slave labor. that tells me - and others - a lot.

Yurt
02-25-2008, 08:36 PM

why are you and obama ramma so upset? are you saying there is something wrong with what he did?

retiredman
02-25-2008, 08:42 PM
why are you and obama ramma so upset? are you saying there is something wrong with what he did?

no. I am upset because this photo will be used, without proper documentation or attribution, to attempt to sully Obama by implying he is a muslim.

and don't for a moment suggest that such a thing is unheard of.

Yurt
02-25-2008, 08:47 PM
no. I am upset because this photo will be used, without proper documentation or attribution, to attempt to sully Obama by implying he is a muslim.

proof? has it happened?

retiredman
02-25-2008, 08:52 PM
proof? has it happened?

has what happened? attempts to tie Obama to Islam? you can't be serious.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rls=HPIC,HPIC:2005-22,HPIC:en&q=obama+muslim+rumor

Yurt
02-25-2008, 08:54 PM
has what happened? attempts to tie Obama to Islam? you can't be serious.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rls=HPIC,HPIC:2005-22,HPIC:en&q=obama+muslim+rumor

from THAT picture? :poke:

retiredman
02-25-2008, 08:58 PM
from THAT picture? :poke:

give it a week. I'd bet on it.

Yurt
02-25-2008, 09:00 PM
give it a week. I'd bet on it.

IOW, once again MFM has been proven wrong :laugh2:

tis amazing coming from one who so staunchly supports "innocent until guilty"

retiredman
02-25-2008, 09:05 PM
IOW, once again MFM has been proven wrong :laugh2:

tis amazing coming from one who so staunchly supports "innocent until guilty"

Where have I been proven wrong?

you asked why I was upset about the picture that just came out today... I told you why. I am confident it will be circulated around the internet with cute captions that suggest it is Obama in his real outfit as a card carrying muslim extremist. There is a wealth of information that shows that such rumors are started and restarted constantly. Drudge already discussed it earlier today.

Yurt
02-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Where have I been proven wrong?

you asked why I was upset about the picture that just came out today... I told you why. I am confident it will be circulated around the internet with cute captions that suggest it is Obama in his real outfit as a card carrying muslim extremist. There is a wealth of information that shows that such rumors are started and restarted constantly. Drudge already discussed it earlier today.

you gave a link to back up your assertion that it "has" happened. you then recanted that it has not. you're wrong. its ok.

the very fact that people already think he is muslim further shows that you have no reason to be upset by the photo. think it about before replying.

retiredman
02-25-2008, 09:16 PM
you gave a link to back up your assertion that it "has" happened. you then recanted that it has not. you're wrong. its ok.

the very fact that people already think he is muslim further shows that you have no reason to be upset by the photo. think it about before replying.

MFM:
"and don't for a moment suggest that such a thing is unheard of."

Yurt:
"proof? has it happened?"

(MFM thinks, "has just such a thing happened? Of course it has"...so I replied)

"has what happened? attempts to tie Obama to Islam? you can't be serious."

and then I gave a link which described JUST SUCH A THING.

You then asked:

"from THAT picture?"

and I said:

"Give it a week."

you didn't prove anything wrong. We had a discussion. I told you why I was mad, what I was worried about, showed how it had happened before and predicted it would happen again. And, as I said, it is already being discussed on ABCNew's blog linked at Drudge.

retiredman
02-25-2008, 09:20 PM

so.... if John Kerry makes one announcement that disproves a swift boat ad, he really doesn't need to be worried about any more ads coming out. he should have no reason to be upset once he refuted their initial allegation?

I see. that's moronic.

manu1959
02-25-2008, 09:25 PM

welcome to big league politics......bush has been shrub and chimpy for 7 years....obama wants to play with the big boys.....toughen up......seems a little too upset about this if you ask me....kinda like evryone claiming mccain must be guilty cuz he hired an attorney ....and hillary being a bitch cuz....well she is a bitch...

retiredman
02-25-2008, 09:30 PM
welcome to big league politics......bush has been shrub and chimpy for 7 years....obama wants to play with the big boys.....toughen up......seems a little too upset about this if you ask me....kinda like evryone claiming mccain must be guilty cuz he hired an attorney ....and hillary being a bitch cuz....well she is a bitch...

I guess the fact that we were attacked on 9/11 by muslim extremists makes the Obama case a little bit different that the other three...doncha think?

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 09:32 PM

He needs one of those red dots between his eyes. :laugh2:

It definatly is Obama, with a diaper on his head.

manu1959
02-25-2008, 09:36 PM
I guess the fact that we were attacked on 9/11 by muslim extremists makes the Obama case a little bit different that the other three...doncha think?

maybe he shuold be more careful then....you would think he would have known we were attacked by muslim extremists....then he dress up like one....given his heritage.....not thinking things thru....gotta question his cognitve skills.....unless he is doing it on purpose just to throw everyone off.....you know "if i was a rale muslim would i dress up like one and join a church pledging alegance to the fatherland"......

god i hope he gets elected this will be fun.....

Yurt
02-25-2008, 10:36 PM

c-o-n-t-e-x-t :poke:

retiredman
02-25-2008, 10:56 PM
c-o-n-t-e-x-t :poke:

"such a thing"

do you understand what that phrase means.... in c-o-n-t-e-x-t?

and also "will be used" Check that out in c-o-n-t-e-x-t

Yurt
02-25-2008, 11:16 PM
"such a thing"

do you understand what that phrase means.... in c-o-n-t-e-x-t?

and also "will be used" Check that out in c-o-n-t-e-x-t

this entire thread is about the photo. your entire post was about the photo. i specifically asked you about the photo. either you are now changing your tune because i called you on it or you honestly changed the subject in your head without properly referencing such a change in subject.

retiredman
02-25-2008, 11:22 PM
this entire thread is about the photo. your entire post was about the photo. i specifically asked you about the photo. either you are now changing your tune because i called you on it or you honestly changed the subject in your head without properly referencing such a change in subject.

did you read the post where I said that I was worried because THINGS LIKE THAT had happened already and that I thought that this photo WILL BE (future tense...in the future... at some time in the future...not now...not having happened already but sometime - in the future) used in a similar fashion. Did you MISS that??

retiredman
02-25-2008, 11:28 PM
proof? has it happened?

this post (post #29) probably starts the miscommunication and shows the dangers of using pronouns without antecedents clearly identified.

You, I suppose, used the word "it" to refer to rumors about his muslim allegiance based upon this photo.

I took the word, "it" to refer to "such a thing".

Let us move on.

Yurt
02-25-2008, 11:33 PM
this post (post #29) probably starts the miscommunication and shows the dangers of using pronouns without antecedents clearly identified.

You, I suppose, used the word "it" to refer to rumors about his muslim allegiance based upon this photo.

Let us move on.

given this entire thread and our entire conversation up to that point was about solely one subject -- the photo -- i apparently presumed to much in thinking you could follow along. mistake noted.

retiredman
02-25-2008, 11:45 PM
given this entire thread and our entire conversation up to that point was about solely one subject -- the photo -- i apparently presumed to much in thinking you could follow along. mistake noted.

I guess I thought you would be able to read and understand my c-o-n-t-e-x-t

"why are you and obama ramma so upset? are you saying there is something wrong with what he did?"

"no. I am upset because this photo will be used, without proper documentation or attribution, to attempt to sully Obama by implying he is a muslim.

and don't for a moment suggest that such a thing is unheard of. {the such a thing clearly being that it will be used to imply he is a muslim}

mistake noted.

Yurt
02-25-2008, 11:46 PM

Let us move on.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

diuretic
02-26-2008, 04:13 AM
Just thinking. What if Hillary is beaten? Anyone know if she has guns and things? Someone might want to start collecting them up if she does...

For the 2nd Amendment fetishists - it was a joke! :laugh2:

For the Clintonistas - :fu: