PDA

View Full Version : The Coming ICE AGE?

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-25-2008, 02:20 PM
I can't make this stuff up.....

Scientists are rebuking the Global Warming Alarmists!

http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/columnists/story.html?id=332289

The U.S. National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) reported that many American cities and towns suffered record cold temperatures in January and early February. According to the NCDC, the average temperature in January "was -0.3 F cooler than the 1901-2000 (20th century) average."

MtnBiker
02-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Is there any doubt that this is caused by SUVs.

hjmick
02-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Is there any doubt that this is caused by SUVs.

Not by me. When I bought my FJ they specifically told me it would contribute to the next ice age. :coffee:

Hagbard Celine
02-25-2008, 02:28 PM
If the globe is warming AND cooling at the same time, the two fronts will eventually converge creating the biggest storm ever seen! It will unleash winds that will rival even the ones coming from the collective US rightwing! What'll we do?!?!?!? :eek:

Trigg
02-25-2008, 02:32 PM
If the globe is warming AND cooling at the same time, the two fronts will eventually converge creating the biggest storm ever seen! It will unleash winds that will rival even the ones coming from the collective US rightwing! What'll we do?!?!?!? :eek:

What will we do???

We wait for the fear mongers to scare the sheep, and then watch nothing happen.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-25-2008, 02:34 PM

Oh crap.....then old George Clooney will be back!

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Have we ever had Global Warming "refuted" by a non-right wing blog or news source?

diuretic
02-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Once more....it's now called "climate change" and the nice scientists can tell you all about it :coffee:

Trigg
02-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Have we ever had Global Warming "refuted" by a non-right wing blog or news source?

Yes

Unless you consider this right wing

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,176495.shtml

WASHINGTON, Sept. 12 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new analysis of peer-reviewed literature reveals that more than 500 scientists have published evidence refuting at least one element of current man-made global warming scares. More than 300 of the scientists found evidence that 1) a natural moderate 1,500-year climate cycle has produced more than a dozen global warmings similar to ours since the last Ice Age and/or that 2) our Modern Warming is linked strongly to variations in the sun's irradiance. "This data and the list of scientists make a mockery of recent claims that a scientific consensus blames humans as the primary cause of global temperature increases since 1850," said Hudson Institute Senior Fellow Dennis Avery.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Once more....it's now called "climate change" and the nice scientists can tell you all about it :coffee:

OH NO...say it isn't so....the climate changes? When did this start, and how much are those carbon credits going to cost me....I wonder if putting carbon fiber on my motorcycle can count toward the offsets.....Bueller? Bueller?

:dance: Its the Global Warming...errr....Climate Change jig!

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Can you watch this whole video and openly acknowledge the inconsistencies in the way the "debate" is being held?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_FI0U5JOtoo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_FI0U5JOtoo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

MtnBiker
02-25-2008, 03:33 PM
This is an interesting part of the article;

"We missed what was right in front of our eyes," says Prof. Russell. It's not ice melt but rather wind circulation that drives ocean currents northward from the tropics. Climate models until now have not properly accounted for the wind's effects on ocean circulation, so researchers have compensated by over-emphasizing the role of manmade warming on polar ice melt.

Jeff has already posted concerns about climate models;

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=170459#post170459

02-25-2008, 04:49 PM

take a day off from work. clean up. and go on with our lives.

glockmail
02-25-2008, 05:21 PM
What will we do???

We wait for the fear mongers to scare the sheep, and then watch nothing happen. Just like the 2000 computer bug. Remember that? :laugh2:

diuretic
02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Just like the 2000 computer bug. Remember that? :laugh2:

More like the coming influenza pandemic....no smiley here, I'm serious.

manu1959
02-25-2008, 05:54 PM

HOPE that it CHANGES

glockmail
02-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Its about time that we had a plaugue to get rid of the weaklings.

diuretic
02-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Its about time that we had a plaugue to get rid of the weaklings.

Be careful what you wish for ;)

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-26-2008, 01:45 AM

It may very well be mother earth's way of cleansing the planet of waste....no need to worry or despair. Some things we (human beings) are in control of, and those we are not, yet, we wish to influence, either through manipulation or other unnatural means. Some just consign it to their religious deity.

I believe Gaia knows what is sustainable, and will shrug off the rest, as she sees fit.

It is arrogant of MAN (as a species) to think that we can control the environment.....we can be stewards of what is available, but we are at the mercy of the winds, be them solar, nautical or the shifting breezes across the land.

glockmail
02-26-2008, 07:01 AM
Be careful what you wish for ;) As long as we got enogh diesel fuel to burn the bodies and run the earthmoving equipment to bury 'em I'm OK with it.

diuretic
02-26-2008, 06:43 PM
As long as we got enogh diesel fuel to burn the bodies and run the earthmoving equipment to bury 'em I'm OK with it.

And the last body will just rot away of course.

Little-Acorn
02-26-2008, 06:55 PM
If we may return to the original ICE AGE? question for a moment......

http://www.little-acorn.com/pics/globalwarmchart400k.jpg

hjmick
02-26-2008, 07:48 PM
From the science blog of Daily Tech
Temperature Monitors Report Widescale Global Cooling (http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Widescale+Global+Cooli ng/article10866.htm)

Over the past year, anecdotal evidence for a cooling planet has exploded. China has its coldest winter in 100 years. Baghdad sees its first snow in all recorded history. North America has the most snowcover in 50 years, with places like Wisconsin the highest since record-keeping began. Record levels of Antarctic sea ice, record cold in Minnesota, Texas, Florida, Mexico, Australia, Iran, Greece, South Africa, Greenland, Argentina, Chile -- the list goes on and on.

No more than anecdotal evidence, to be sure. But now, that evidence has been supplanted by hard scientific fact. All four major global temperature tracking outlets (Hadley, NASA's GISS, UAH, RSS) have released updated data. All show that over the past year, global temperatures have dropped precipitously.

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/7390_large_hadcrut.jpg

And here I just went out and stocked up on Bermuda shorts and tank tops...

Little-Acorn
02-26-2008, 08:03 PM
From the science blog of Daily Tech
Temperature Monitors Report Widescale Global Cooling (http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Widescale+Global+Cooli ng/article10866.htm)

http://images.dailytech.com/nimage/7390_large_hadcrut.jpg

And here I just went out and stocked up on Bermuda shorts and tank tops...

And why???

Liberals finally stopped (or slowed down, anyway) their incessant whines about the 2000 and 2004 elections. And with the success of the surge in Iraq, their screeching about failed policy dropped dramatically.

The resulting decrease in hot air caused a drop in climactic temperatures seldom seen on earth.

Enjoy it while it lasts, though. There's an election coming, and the most likely Dem candidate is - you guessed it - a talkative uber-liberal.

glockmail
02-26-2008, 08:45 PM
And the last body will just rot away of course. Most of the population will develop an immunity, maybe get sick for a day or a week. It is the weak that will die and make more room for the rest of humanity.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-27-2008, 11:07 AM
And why???

Liberals finally stopped (or slowed down, anyway) their incessant whines about the 2000 and 2004 elections. And with the success of the surge in Iraq, their screeching about failed policy dropped dramatically.

The resulting decrease in hot air caused a drop in climactic temperatures seldom seen on earth.

Enjoy it while it lasts, though. There's an election coming, and the most likely Dem candidate is - you guessed it - a talkative uber-liberal.

Now that is something I have not considered.....could it be some sort of reverse methane osmosis?

Little-Acorn
02-27-2008, 11:47 AM
Now that is something I have not considered.....could it be some sort of reverse methane osmosis?

You may have hit on something there.

Considering the consistent and repeated failures of liberal policies to deliver what they advertise, compared to the frequency with which the economy improves every time conservatives cut tax rates or reduce government, a strong case can be made that liberals are more full of it than conservatives.

Could that be the hidden cause of climate change? :laugh2:

gpp111
04-28-2010, 04:14 PM
The world has been in an ice age 85% of the last million years. We are in an interglacial period, at some time in the future, maybe tomorrow, maybe in a few thousand years, we will head back into another ice age, the ice will again be a mile thick at New York City.

SpidermanTUba
04-28-2010, 09:04 PM
I can't make this stuff up.....

Scientists are rebuking the Global Warming Alarmists!

http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/columnists/story.html?id=332289

I love how the author basically admits his title is a lie.

OK, so one winter does not a climate make. It would be premature to claim an Ice Age is looming just because we have had one of our most brutal winters in decades.

What a shitty journalist.

HogTrash
04-28-2010, 10:17 PM
I love how the author basically admits his title is a lie.

What a shitty journalist.This must be a nightmare for you Spiderman.

Are you gonna be OK or are you still in denial?

HogTrash
04-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Dammit!...I was just getting use to the warm weather...Al Gore can kiss my ass!

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Are you gonna be OK or are you still in denial?

I think you're a bit confused. YOU are the denier, not I.

Binky
04-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Not by me. When I bought my FJ they specifically told me it would contribute to the next ice age. :coffee:

When can stop the next age by blowing all the hot air from worldwide politicians all thru the atmosphere, thus, warming it up and keeping the ice from forming......:laugh2::laugh2:

KarlMarx
04-29-2010, 06:07 PM

I remember when... I was about 12 years old hearing news casts that we only had 5 years left because of pollution.. that was 40 years ago

I remember when.. I was about 22 years old hearing news casts that we had only 5 years left because of the ozone hold.. that was 30 years ago

I remember when.. I was 32 years old hearing news casts that we only had 5 years left because of deforestation...

I remember when.. I was 42 years old hearing news casts that we only had 5 years left because AIDS was going to kill us all

and you wonder why I don't believe this crap?

The Left needs a crisis or else it's out of business.

The real damage is what you pinhead motherfuckers do to the public health. You are causing an epidemic of needless anxiety and depression... all because you assholes need a cause to rally around....

The pharmacutical companies ought to name their next anti-anxiety pill or anti-depressant "Al-Gore-a-tol"

SpidermanTUba
04-29-2010, 06:19 PM
I remember when... I was about 12 years old hearing news casts that we only had 5 years left because of pollution.. that was 40 years ago
I think you're wrong on that 5 year figure, you probably just made it up.
But what you are referring to is the reason for the clean air act.

I remember when.. I was about 22 years old hearing news casts that we had only 5 years left because of the ozone hold.. that was 30 years ago
But you shouldn't worry because thanks to a worldwide reduction in CFC emissions, the ozone hole is getting smaller. We fixed that problem.

I remember when.. I was 32 years old hearing news casts that we only had 5 years left because of deforestation...

I've never heard that. I think you just made it up.

I remember when.. I was 42 years old hearing news casts that we only had 5 years left because AIDS was going to kill us all

You made that up as well.

Uhh, you're the one who made most of the above up, and you yourself don't believe it?

You need a shrink buddy!

KarlMarx
04-29-2010, 07:27 PM
But what you are referring to is the reason for the clean air act.

But you shouldn't worry because thanks to a worldwide reduction in CFC emissions, the ozone hole is getting smaller. We fixed that problem.

I've never heard that. I think you just made it up.

You made that up as well.

Uhh, you're the one who made most of the above up, and you yourself don't believe it?

You need a shrink buddy!

I just remembered.. you used to be on my "ignore" list! Well, welcome back!

chesswarsnow
04-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. KM, I remember that shit too, pretty much in that order.
2. There's a play list that some MFer cranks out and passes it on to the media.
3. Thou FOX News don't play it!
4. They are in a world of shit now, we are on to the bastards!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

SpidermanTUba
04-30-2010, 01:39 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. KM, I remember that shit too, pretty much in that order.

Would you mind linking me to the story about AIDS killing us all in 5 years?

cat slave
04-30-2010, 07:26 PM

The Left needs a crisis or else it's out of business.

The real damage is what you pinhead motherfuckers do to the public health. You are causing an epidemic of needless anxiety and depression... all because you assholes need a cause to rally around....

The pharmacutical companies ought to name their next anti-anxiety pill or anti-depressant "Al-Gore-a-tol"

Love it!

Yeah, been there, done that...the environmental gig that is,then I got a clue.