PDA

View Full Version : School teaches students how to grow pot

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Of course, it's in the Bay Area. :laugh2:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bizarre/5568202.html

Pale Rider
02-25-2008, 04:22 PM
The feds should just legalize pot and be done with it. It's no more dangerous than alcohol.

hjmick
02-25-2008, 04:25 PM
The feds should just legalize pot and be done with it. It's no more dangerous than alcohol.

Even the "It's a gateway drug" argument is baseless. Cigarettes are much more of a "gateway drug" than pot, they just have better lobbyists.

02-25-2008, 04:46 PM
Maybe they should spend more time teaching people to read and write. That would be a far better use of their time.

hjmick
02-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Maybe they should spend more time teaching people to read and write. That would be a far better use of their time.

Killjoy. :laugh2:

manu1959
02-25-2008, 05:01 PM

really how are going to buy grow lights and potting soil and track profits if you can't read and write.....

02-25-2008, 05:19 PM
really how are going to buy grow lights and potting soil and track profits if you can't read and write.....

well that's easy, they do the manual labor. someone else tracks the profits... and keeps more for himself.

diuretic
02-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Self-sufficiency - I like it! :laugh2:

manu1959
02-25-2008, 05:57 PM
well that's easy, they do the manual labor. someone else tracks the profits... and keeps more for himself.

they should get a tax credit they just created a job......and if they hire an undocumented worker they can make even more....hell they should just outsource the whole thing to columbia.....oh wait.....nevermind

Yurt
02-25-2008, 08:58 PM
somebody's pipe dream is coming true

manu1959
02-25-2008, 09:16 PM
somebody's pipe dream is coming true

i prefered a bong....

Yurt
02-26-2008, 01:10 AM
i prefered a bong....

you mean "water pipe" .... riiiiight, can't say that word when you buy it, or so i've been told :laugh2:

JohnDoe
02-26-2008, 01:17 AM
Did you know that Hemp(Marijuanna) was the number one crop grown in America at one time?

And that Hemp was even mandated as a crop by the usa gvt for anyone that had a farm for a while? Even if they were a cotton grower or corn grower or tobacco grower they had to grow a few acres of Hemp....for paper...and Rope

Turns out Randolf Hearst not only owned Newpapers but the paper mills that produced the paper from trees.... he didn't like the fact that paper could be made from Hemp and had alot of friends in Congress and high places....that killed the Hemp business for him....

Interesting story if you ever get the chance to google how and why marijuanna became illegal in our country...

jd

Yurt
02-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Did you know that Hemp(Marijuanna) was the number one crop grown in America at one time?

And that Hemp was even mandated as a crop by the usa gvt for anyone that had a farm for a while? Even if they were a cotton grower or corn grower or tobacco grower they had to grow a few acres of Hemp....for paper...and Rope

Turns out Randolf Hearst not only owned Newpapers but the paper mills that produced the paper from trees.... he didn't like the fact that paper could be made from Hemp and had alot of friends in Congress and high places....that killed the Hemp business for him....

Interesting story if you ever get the chance to google how and why marijuanna became illegal in our country...

jd

all true. i debated this in college and wrote a paper on it.

JohnDoe
02-26-2008, 01:40 AM
all true. i debated this in college and wrote a paper on it.

I was watching a History Channel Special on it, which then lead me to google it....

Very interesting....

jd

nevadamedic
02-26-2008, 02:41 AM
Even the "It's a gateway drug" argument is baseless. Cigarettes are much more of a "gateway drug" than pot, they just have better lobbyists.

It is very much a gateway drug and is extremly dangerous. In Nevada it is a Felony and for good reason.

DragonStryk72
02-26-2008, 04:04 AM
It is very much a gateway drug and is extremly dangerous. In Nevada it is a Felony and for good reason.

Right, that's why both cigs and alcohol have the highest fatality rates in america. It always confounds me just how much people are willing to believe these BS reports that it's "gateway drug", I mean, it's not like anyone ever just becomes an alcoholic, they would have to go through pot first, oh... no, wait, they can. If a person has an addictive personality, they are going to get addicted to something. I've known plenty of people who've done pot, who never moved onto other drugs (aside from alcohol or cigarettes), just as I know chain smokers, and raging alcoholics. You can't possibly tell me, that if pot is a "gateway", that cigs and alcohol are not even more of a gateway.

Prosecuting all the pot smokers in the country won't do anything but waste time, energy, and police resources. We should just go ahead, regulate it, and tax it, just like we do liquor and tobacco.

Now, the teacher certainly shouldn't have been teaching it in class, this much is true. That is crossing the line there, and while I understand it was quite likely and attention grabber for his students, that doesn't make it any more right.

hjmick
02-26-2008, 10:48 AM

Oh please, gateway drug my ass. Cigarettes are much more addictive and, when used properly, fatal. Alcohol is legal and kills more people every year than pot ever will. Those two substances alone are gateway drugs more than pot will ever be. What do you suppose is the number one substance that young people first use when exploring illicit substances? I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts it's either alcohol or cigarettes or both, not pot. Why? Because they are readily available in nearly every household. There is no good reason that pot is a felony in Nevada or anywhere else. One of the biggest driving forces for making pot illegal? The Depression. It was used as a tool to deport Mexicans seeking work in the U.S., taking jobs from Americans. Up until then it had been legal. And let's not even get started on it's medicinal benefits.

Yurt
02-26-2008, 12:09 PM

which is more addictive and when abused causes more damage:

A. ganja

B. morphine

Little-Acorn
02-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Wow, listen to all these news reports.

Beautiful high school teachers having sex with male students, and getting busted for it.

Schools teaching kids how to grow pot.

Where were all these schools and teachers when I was in High School???

gabosaurus
02-26-2008, 12:24 PM
When I was in high school, there weren't many teachers worthy of having sex with.
There were some teachers that were known pot smokers, though.

I would rather hang with someone who smoked pot that smoked tobacco cigs. At least the pot smokers didn't smell like shit all the time.

Trigg
02-26-2008, 01:06 PM
I would rather hang with someone who smoked pot that smoked tobacco cigs. At least the pot smokers didn't smell like shit all the time.

They also have better things to munch on :laugh2:

Yurt
02-26-2008, 03:54 PM
When I was in high school, there weren't many teachers worthy of having sex with.
There were some teachers that were known pot smokers, though.

i wanted my 8th grade english teacher

Hagbard Celine
02-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Killjoy. :laugh2:

No sh*t. Who invited Ebenezer to the thread?

jimnyc
02-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Sure wish they would have taught me back in school, I could have probably saved about $20-30k over the years, maybe more!

While any drug or alcohol is not 'good' for you, I don't think pot is a gateway drug. I sampled the buffet line in my years but never took a liking to anything other than my smoke and it was never a result of being a smoker.

I've smoked cigarettes for about 20 years now and smoked the glorious herb for about 15 years or so. I can honestly say that the cigarettes I think are worse. Hell, I wish I could take a few drags of my cigarette and be cool for 6 hours or so, and build my appetite in the process!