PDA

View Full Version : Guess I'm not allowed to retire...

typomaniac
02-25-2008, 06:01 PM
I just thought it would be nice to the 99.8% of DPers who'd wonder what happened to me after I was to disappear into lurker mode to explain what I'd be doing.

Unfortunately, my post wound up in the bit bucket somehow. Can't imagine why: it's not like it had a LINK to a rival site or anything. :poke: :poke: ;) ;) [say no more]....

PM me if you'd like to know where I've gone. Or ask Kathianne or Said1.

Gaffer
02-25-2008, 06:33 PM
I don't care where you go. If it's not here that's a plus.

jimnyc
02-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Sorry, Typo! Been under the weather a bit myself and a staff member placed your post on hold until I could review it. I've always had a policy of no advertising, especially for competing boards. But I've been fairly reasonable with people who have asked prior to placing links for self promotion. It's more to keep new members from joining and making 2-3 posts and throwing in links and never returning. You've got a solid reputation here and have been around quite long enough. Feel free to toss your URL back in this thread here if you like!

jimnyc
02-25-2008, 06:40 PM

I was trying to be nice in my reply, but must admit I still giggled a little when I read your reply! I always feel the "love in the air" when I come here! :laugh2:

typomaniac
02-25-2008, 06:48 PM
You've got a solid reputation here and have been around quite long enough. Feel free to toss your URL back in this thread here if you like!
I appreciate the gesture, Jim: thanks. It's http://www.dinnertablepolitics.com. Feel free to stop by any time.

You won't be missed on my site, either, trust me. :fu:

jimnyc
02-25-2008, 06:52 PM
I appreciate the gesture, Jim: thanks. It's http://www.dinnertablepolitics.com. Feel free to stop by any time.

I edited your link to make it clickable. I expect $1.00 for every referral you get from this board. If you fail to pay, I'll get our "rep crew" to ding you to oblivion! :poke:

manu1959
02-25-2008, 07:00 PM
I edited your link to make it clickable. I expect $1.00 for every referral you get from this board. If you fail to pay, I'll get our "rep crew" to ding you to oblivion! :poke:

"the rep crew" :clap::laugh2:

typomaniac
02-25-2008, 07:04 PM

I'll pay you in nachos: collect any time you're out on the West Coast. :laugh:

Kathianne
02-25-2008, 07:06 PM

And that is why Jim is successful. I wonder Typo, will you post a referral link back?

Said1
02-25-2008, 07:10 PM
I just thought it would be nice to the 99.8% of DPers who'd wonder what happened to me after I was to disappear into lurker mode to explain what I'd be doing.

Unfortunately, my post wound up in the bit bucket somehow. Can't imagine why: it's not like it had a LINK to a rival site or anything. :poke: :poke: ;) ;) [say no more]....

I don't know wtf he's talking about. The last I heard, he wasn't allowed to have a computer in that room - being sedated and all. :huh:

typomaniac
02-25-2008, 07:39 PM
And that is why Jim is successful. I wonder Typo, will you post a referral link back?

I'm willing to start a thread on my board that mentions other political sites that people find interesting: AND I'll start with this one. How does that sound?

Kathianne
02-25-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm willing to start a thread on my board that mentions other political sites that people find interesting: AND I'll start with this one. How does that sound?

Like a good idea.

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Typo, I have looked at your board. It seems a bit droll to me -- WAY too many rules. How do you expect to have an interesting board if people can't be snarky to each other?
But feel free to retire there. And good luck. You'll need it. :lmao:

5stringJeff
02-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Sorry, Typo, this one is a dealbreaker for me:

14. There is no guaranteed freedom of speech on this forum

Mr. P
02-25-2008, 09:14 PM
POSTING RULES

1. No hate speech

Posts that include hate speech risk being deleted immediately and without explanation. Hate speech includes the following:

Examples:
Unacceptable: Liberals are morons.

Since when is a fact hate speech?

BTW...yer table is set incorrectly. :poke:

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Mr. P is killing me today! :lmao:

hjmick
02-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Sorry, Typo, this one is a dealbreaker for me:

14. There is no guaranteed freedom of speech on this forum

That was the only one?

This is not intended as an insult typo, but, having read your rules, they strike me as a bit restrictive. As you may have noticed, I am not one who is prone to rhetoric, insults, threats, personal or ad hominem attacks, or even serious political partisanship, but I do believe that the healthy exchange of ideas and opinions stems from freedom of speech, all types. Especially speech we may find detestable. It seems to me that the restrictions you have in your rules could curtail some serious discussion.

I wish you luck in your endeavor and I will keep an eye on the evolution of your board. Perhaps one day I will apply and you will accept me as a member. Until then, vayan con Dios.

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 09:38 PM

:lol:

Abbey Marie
02-25-2008, 09:45 PM
I think Stripey already violated a rule.

Good luck, Typo! I wish you well...

Abbey

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 09:46 PM
I think Stripey already violated a rule.

Good luck, Typo! I wish you well...

Abbey

Stripey violate a rule? No way! :laugh2:

typomaniac
02-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Typo, I have looked at your board. It seems a bit droll to me -- WAY too many rules. How do you expect to have an interesting board if people can't be snarky to each other?
It's got a "Fight Club" forum where snarkiness (and a lot more) is A-okay. But you have to be registered and signed in to see it.

manu1959
02-25-2008, 09:53 PM
let us all join.....and see who can get banned the fastest......ready.......set........go.....

Yurt
02-25-2008, 11:29 PM
the brown color reminds of ..........

typomaniac
02-25-2008, 11:36 PM
let us all join.....and see who can get banned the fastest......ready.......set........go.....

Bring it on. :coffee:

Immanuel
02-25-2008, 11:43 PM

I didn't see your first post about leaving, but I hope this is a joke. I mean, come on, it's not like you can't post on more than one board at the same time!

If you are leaving... well, take care and come back and visit once in a while.

Immie

gabosaurus
02-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Thank you for registering, gabosaurus. Your account has been submitted for moderation by an administrator and will be activated shortly. You will be notified by email when this happens. To return to the forums, click here.

All your members have to be approved? What kind of shit is that?

Yurt
02-26-2008, 01:52 AM

he got skeeered

typomaniac
02-26-2008, 12:53 PM

To screen out the Russian spambots. Seriously. I automatically approve any registration that looks like it's from a real person.

typomaniac
02-26-2008, 12:54 PM
I didn't see your first post about leaving, but I hope this is a joke. I mean, come on, it's not like you can't post on more than one board at the same time!

If you are leaving... well, take care and come back and visit once in a while.

Immie

Don't worry, Immie: in my original post I said that it would be a semi-retirement: I'll still be lurking around here. Chances are I just won't post as often.

glockmail
02-26-2008, 01:08 PM

No I wasn't wondering. But now that you've told me, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.:pee:

Immanuel
02-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Don't worry, Immie: in my original post I said that it would be a semi-retirement: I'll still be lurking around here. Chances are I just won't post as often.

Okay, then I will have to continue to watch what I say about you as your back will be turned, but you'll be looking over your shoulder. :lol:

Immie