PDA

View Full Version : McCain's character

flaja
02-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Is there anyone on this board, aside from me, who is willing to condemn John McCain’s history of adultery?

hjmick
02-25-2008, 09:00 PM
You would need to define this "history" of adultery before I consider condemnation. He has only admitted to extramarital affairs during his first marriage and there is no evidence that there have been any during his second. The circumstances surrounding those instances of infidelity were addressed by McCain himself, he accepted full responsibility saying, ""My marriage's collapse was attributable to my own selfishness and immaturity more than it was to Vietnam, and I cannot escape blame by pointing a finger at the war. The blame was entirely mine." With none of the facts being public coupled with McCain's admission of responsibilty, I am of the opinion that there is really nothing to your question.

Therefore, I would would to think twice before I condemn his infidelity. I did not condemn Clinton's dalliances, of which there were many, more than one well documented, so I would be hesitant to condemn McCain.

His willingness to admit and accept the responsibility for his failed marriage speaks well of his character as it applies to his personal life.

flaja
02-25-2008, 09:44 PM
You would need to define this "history" of adultery before I consider condemnation. He has only admitted to extramarital affairs during his first marriage and there is no evidence that there have been any during his second.

And you approve of the adultery that broke up this marriage?

The circumstances surrounding those instances of infidelity were addressed by McCain himself, he accepted full responsibility saying, ""My marriage's collapse was attributable to my own selfishness and immaturity

At age 44?

more than it was to Vietnam, and I cannot escape blame by pointing a finger at the war.

I’ll remember this the next time one of his supporters blames his adultery on post traumatic stress disorder.

Therefore, I would would to think twice before I condemn his infidelity. I did not condemn Clinton's dalliances, of which there were many, more than one well documented, so I would be hesitant to condemn McCain.

If you justify adultery in others, how often do you commit it yourself?

manu1959
02-25-2008, 09:48 PM
At age 44?
I’ll remember this the next time one of his supporters blames his adultery on post traumatic stress disorder.

i can accept and tollerate your stupidity but don't partake......

glockmail
02-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Is there anyone on this board, aside from me, who is willing to condemn John McCain’s history of adultery? Are you willing to condemn Bill Clinton on his? Putting up with it and hiding as much as possible from the public also makes Hillary an accomplice.

Abbey Marie
02-25-2008, 09:58 PM

He has admitted his wrongdoing, taken responsibility, and moved on to be better person, as far as we all know. That's more than most people do.
What would you have us do- hang him?

Remember what I told you in the other thread about losing credibility? I think you're already there.

manu1959
02-25-2008, 10:01 PM
He has admitted his wrongdoing, taken repsonsibility, and moved on to be better person, as far as we all know. That's more than most people do.

Remember what I told you in the other thread about losing credibility? I think you're already there.

he loves the dirty hands argument......once guilty always guilty....everyone is beyond redemption.....they tend to be the biggest sinners.....all high and mighty like x smokers....

hjmick
02-25-2008, 10:03 PM

No, I do not approve and I never claimed to approve. Hell, I don't even approve of his candidacy. I said I would not condemn it. I do not know him, his first wife, or the circumstances that led to his infidelity. It is something he has to live with. Not me.

As I stated, I did not condemn Clinton, I will not condemn McCain.

At age 44?

He was 40. His first wife's comment on the failure of their marriage, "I attribute the breakup of our marriage more to John turning 40 and wanting to be 25 again than I do to anything else." Can you say "mid-life crisis?"

I've never heard anyone blame McCain's infidelity on PTSD. Even McCain himself stated the he and he alone was to blame, not Vietnam

If you read carefully, I justified nothing, absolutely nothing. I simply declined to condemn something I know nothing about. Where was you fucking moral outrage when B.J. Clinton was raping and feeling up women? Where was it when he was commiting adultery in Arkansas and the Oval Office? There is no justification for marital infidelity in my opinion.

And for the record, not that it is any of your business, I have never been unfaithful to my wife. It is not my nature.

How about you? You gettin' some strange on the side?

Said1
02-25-2008, 10:23 PM
he loves the dirty hands argument......once guilty always guilty....everyone is beyond redemption.....they tend to be the biggest sinners.....all high and mighty like x smokers....

I think she likes strawmen better. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
02-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Who said McCain had any credibility? He is an adulterer and violated his bond of matrimony.
Not exactly on the moral high ground. No wonder the religious right is against him.

flaja
02-26-2008, 08:03 AM
Are you willing to condemn Bill Clinton on his?

Absolutely.

flaja
02-26-2008, 08:05 AM
He has admitted his wrongdoing, taken responsibility, and moved on to be better person, as far as we all know. That's more than most people do.

Yep. Adultery is unpardonable in my view.

flaja
02-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Who said McCain had any credibility? He is an adulterer and violated his bond of matrimony.
Not exactly on the moral high ground. No wonder the religious right is against him.

It seems that you and I are the only ones here who see McCain for what he is. You are I are hopelessly outnumbered by the libertines on this board, but I wouldn’t count on us having much in common otherwise. That being said, I see no point in discussing issues here any further. My week here has been like banging my head against a brick wall so I will move on.

glockmail
02-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Absolutely. Putting up with it and hiding as much as possible from the public also makes Hillary an accomplice.

Gaffer
02-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Who said McCain had any credibility? He is a liberal and violated the trust of his constituents.

There I fixed it for you.

manu1959
02-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Yep. Adultery is unpardonable in my view.

god forgives why can't you.....

hjmick
02-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Another example of McCain's shoddy and questionable character:

McCain Disavows Comments About Obama
Feb 26 01:49 PM US/Eastern
By LIZ SIDOTI

CINCINNATI (AP) - Republican John McCain quickly denounced the comments of a radio talk show host who while warming up a campaign crowd referred repeatedly to Barack Hussein Obama and called the Democrat a "hack, Chicago-style" politician.

Hussein is Obama's middle name, but talk show host Bill Cunningham used it three times as he addressed the crowd before the likely Republican nominee's appearance.

"Now we have a hack, Chicago-style Daley politician who is picturing himself as change. When he gets done with you, all you're going to have in your pocket is change," Cunningham said as the audience roared.

McCain wasn't on stage nor in the building when Cunningham made the comments, but he quickly distanced himself from them and the talk show host after finishing his speech. McCain spoke to a couple hundred people at Memorial Hall in downtown Cincinnati.

"I apologize for it," McCain told reporters, addressing the issue before they had a chance to ask the Arizona senator about Cunningham's comments.

"I did not know about these remarks but I take responsibility for them. I repudiate them," he said. "My entire campaign I have treated Senator Obama and Senator (Hillary Rodham) Clinton with respect. I will continue to do that throughout this campaign.

Asked whether the use of Obama's middle name—the same as former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein—is proper, McCain said: "No, it is not. Any comment that is disparaging of either Senator Clinton or Senator Obama is totally inappropriate."

McCain said he didn't know who decided to allow Cunningham to speak but said he was sure it was in coordination with his campaign. He said he didn't hear the comments and has never met Cunningham, but "I will certainly make sure that nothing like that happens again."

Full Story... (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8V25VQ80&show_article=1)

What a fucking prick...

02-26-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm not going to condemn him for something he did years ago when he has admitted it and taken responsibility for it. I believe in Redemption. Those who live without forgiveness in their heart are guilty of the greater sin.

There are enough things to criticize McCain over. I don't see why this is one we should focus on

02-26-2008, 06:54 PM
god forgives why can't you.....

Pride.

manu1959
02-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Pride.

you may be right but with this dude it seems more like arrogance to me.....

Yurt
02-26-2008, 10:24 PM

..... as well as ignorance

Mr. P
02-26-2008, 10:28 PM

BINGO!! I agree. He was the same way on the Heath care thread. This one doesn't have any interest in conversation he just wants to prove he's right and everyone else is wrong. Without proof. A legend in his own mind.

manu1959
02-26-2008, 10:33 PM
BINGO!! I agree. He was the same way on the Heath care thread. This one doesn't have any interest in conversation he just wants to prove he's right and everyone else is wrong. Without proof. A legend in his own mind.

he has 40 history credits.....and a biology degree

Mr. P
02-26-2008, 10:41 PM
he has 40 history credits.....and a biology degree

That an $1.39 will get em a cup of coffee at Mc Ds. Doesn't get him far here, I think he found that out. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
02-26-2008, 10:52 PM
That an $1.39 will get em a cup of coffee at Mc Ds. Doesn't get him far here, I think he found that out. :laugh2:

I warned him about persisiting with a weak, losing argument, but he just kept on going. :dunno:

hjmick
02-26-2008, 10:55 PM
It was one of the quickest flame outs and subsequent departures from a message board that I have seen in quite some time.

Yurt
02-26-2008, 10:58 PM
It was one of the quickest flame outs and subsequent departures from a message board that I have seen in quite some time.

he might be trying to get more history credits

02-27-2008, 01:58 AM

Arrogance is a symtom of pride. Pride is is all about emnity between the individual and God and/or others.