PDA

View Full Version : Teens accused of torturing disabled woman

LiberalNation
02-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Lock em both up for life. Twisted people like that shouldn't get out at 18.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080226/ap_on_re_us/disabled_woman_beaten;_ylt=AtNwFCoMSC5G2MAAXt2C06V vzwcF

CINCINNATI - Two teenagers hid overnight in a house and spent more than six hours torturing a disabled woman after her mother left in the morning, authorities said.

Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones said the teenage boy and girl tied up the 18-year-old woman, clubbed her, kicked her, shaved her head and soaked her with water before making her walk barefoot outside in the snow.

They also ignored pleas from the woman, who had undergone brain surgery, not to hit her in the head, investigators said.

"This is one of the worst crimes I've ever seen," Jones said Monday. "They are sick animals, apparently just doing this for kicks and no other reason."

Cheyenne Blanton, 17, and Joseph Nagle, 16, both of Hamilton, were arraigned Monday on juvenile delinquency charges that include aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery, kidnapping, felonious assault and vandalism, according to juvenile court officials.

They were ordered held in the county's juvenile detention center pending a court appearance later this week. Neither entered a plea, and both requested court-appointed attorneys. Those attorneys had not been named Monday.

The teens are accused of physically abusing Ashley Clark, 18, for more than six hours Friday at her home in Hanover Township, about 35 miles northwest of Cincinnati.

Both Jones and the woman's mother, Sheila Clark, want the teenagers tried as adults, and Jones said the two could get 75 years to life in prison if tried and convicted as adults.

"I want full justice for my daughter," Clark said Monday. "Those two never need to walk the streets again."

Clark would not comment on details of the case or provide specifics on her daughter's disabilities or injuries, other than to say that her daughter was doing as well as possible.

"I can't understand how anyone could do this to anyone, but especially to someone with such a beautiful, loving heart," Sheila Clark said.

Messages seeking comment on whether adult charges would be pursued were left at the prosecutor's office Monday. There was no answer at telephone listing for a Joseph Nagel in Hamilton. There was no listing for Cheyenne Blanton.

Jones said the teenagers hid overnight in the basement of the Clark home, intending to steal the car and leave town before an upcoming juvenile court appearance date for one of the suspects.

They apparently missed their chance to get the car when Sheila Clark left the house in it Friday morning, and they went into the kitchen to get something to eat before going upstairs and waking her daughter, Jones said. The pair then spent the next six to eight hours torturing Ashley Clark, he said.

Nukeman
02-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Lock em both up for life. Twisted people like that shouldn't get out at 18.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080226/ap_on_re_us/disabled_woman_beaten;_ylt=AtNwFCoMSC5G2MAAXt2C06V vzwcF
Well looky there you found a story about "teenagers" doing bad stuff instead fo the military. Whoo wudda thunk it!!!!!!:poke:

hjmick
02-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Well looky there you found a story about "teenagers" doing bad stuff instead fo the military. Whoo wudda thunk it!!!!!!:poke:

Their parents are probably Republicans...

:coffee:

Nukeman
02-26-2008, 03:03 PM

Naw progressive liberals that don't believe in spanking or even timeout.

You know only "positive" reinforcement, that line of crap that never teaches CONSEQUENCES for your actions!!!!!!!!!!:coffee:

manu1959
02-26-2008, 03:04 PM

if only thier parents had aborted them.....

Nukeman
02-26-2008, 03:08 PM
if only their parents had aborted them.....
That would have definitely made them liberal!!!!!!!!!!

Monkeybone
02-26-2008, 03:09 PM

You know only "positive" reinforcement, that line of crap that never teaches CONSEQUENCES for your actions!!!!!!!!!!:coffee:

what like just expressing themselves?

it makes me sad that there are people out there that would do this sorta thing. and humans are supposed to be "inherently good" BS

Trinity
02-27-2008, 07:05 AM

Here is another part of that story. This took place not to far from where I live so I probably get more coverage on it then LN

Torture Suspect's Father Hopes Justice 'Swift And Severe'
Teens Make Court Appearance, Ask For Lawyers
Reported by Karin Johnson // E-mail

POSTED: 1:53 pm EST February 25, 2008

HAMILTON -- The father of a teen accused of torturing a disabled woman in her home came to court Monday to show support for the victim, not his son.

Deputies said Cheyenne Blanton, 17, and Joseph Nagle, 16, both of Hamilton, intended to steal a woman's car, but when they missed their chance, bound and gagged the woman's 18-year-old daughter, kicked and beat her then shaved her head.

The father released a written statement to the media on Monday:
sponsor

"We are here today not to show support for Joe and Cheyenne but for Miss Clark and her family. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. We pray that they are all able to heal from this horrific ordeal and put their lives back together."

"As parents, we have done everything in our power to turn Joseph around, including mental health counseling, family therapy, incarceration and commitment to the Butler County Juvenile Behavioral Rehabilitation Program."

"It is our hope that justice for Joseph and Cheyenne is swift and severe."

The other's teen suspect's mother agreed.

"Something needs to happen. They definitely don't need to be walking the streets, that's for sure," Wendy Blanton said. "I'm still in shock. I'm still wanting to wake up I guess. It's like a big nightmare to me."

The teens did not enter a plea on Monday, but asked for court-appointed attorneys. Their next appearance will be Thursday.

http://www.wlwt.com/newsarchive/15403663/detail.html

JohnDoe
02-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Here is another part of that story. This took place not to far from where I live so I probably get more coverage on it then LN

HAMILTON -- The father of a teen accused of torturing a disabled woman in her home came to court Monday to show support for the victim, not his son.

Deputies said Cheyenne Blanton, 17, and Joseph Nagle, 16, both of Hamilton, intended to steal a woman's car, but when they missed their chance, bound and gagged the woman's 18-year-old daughter, kicked and beat her then shaved her head.

sponsor

"We are here today not to show support for Joe and Cheyenne but for Miss Clark and her family. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. We pray that they are all able to heal from this horrific ordeal and put their lives back together."

"As parents, we have done everything in our power to turn Joseph around, including mental health counseling, family therapy, incarceration and commitment to the Butler County Juvenile Behavioral Rehabilitation Program."

"Something needs to happen. They definitely don't need to be walking the streets, that's for sure," Wendy Blanton said. "I'm still in shock. I'm still wanting to wake up I guess. It's like a big nightmare to me."

The teens did not enter a plea on Monday, but asked for court-appointed attorneys. Their next appearance will be Thursday.

:clap:
Bravo! Good to see their parents acting in this manner!

jd

stephanie
02-27-2008, 07:20 AM
These little pricks better be glad they didn't do this in my neck of the woods..

We'd just take them out in the woods, tie them to trees and leave them for wolf and bear bait..

Then see how they like beating up old and disabled people after that....:coffee:

hjmick
02-27-2008, 10:19 AM

sponsor

Speaking from experience, sometimes that's all a parent has left in their arsenal. Hope that doing time will change the mindset of their kid. All too often parents don't take this type of attitude, it's refreshing when they do.

Trinity
03-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Community Helps Make Teen's Prom Dream Come True

Last Update: 6:38 pm
Print Story | Email Story

An 18-year-old Butler County teenager was bound, gagged and attacked inside her home this winter by two other teenagers. Ashley Clark's friends, family and neighbors have helped the young woman make it through the toughest month of her life. Today, many watched as her tears of sadness turned to tears of joy.

Local 12's Sasha Rionda shows us who is helping make Ashley's fairy tail senior prom celebration a reality.

It was a girly day for Ashley. Friends and family wore shirts in her honor, helping her pick the perfect dress for prom night.

Sheila Clark, Ashley's Mother: "I'm so happy for her. She's been looking forward to her prom. She is so excited."

Ashley's friend, Shelby Crouch, works at David's Bridal. When she found out Ashley's prom dress was cut up in the crime, she called her boss.

Shelby Crouch, David's Bridal: "They opened the store early. They have all of their employees here to accommodate Ashley and make everything perfect for her."

Sasha Rionda: "Ashley tried on most of these dresses and picked a winner. Not only is she taking the dress, she is taking the purse, jewelery, a tiara and shoes, so she can look just like a princess on senior prom night."

"You see the worst in humans, and since that point, we have not seen anything but the absolute best. Just overwhelming love, we've gotten flowers from California, phone calls from Arkansas, Florida, everywhere."

Angela Parrett, Educational Assistant: "It's something so beautiful that has come out of this for her. I'm just so proud of her to hold up like she has been."

"This is something that she'll definitely remember. I'm sure we'll all remember this forever."

Sasha Rionda, Local 12.

A 16-year-old boy and 17-year-old girl are charged with felonious assault, aggravated burglary and kidnapping for the incident in February. While Ashley invited us to be there as she tried on prom dresses, her family asked us not to show her face because of what she's been through. David's Bridal gave Ashley everything free.

5stringJeff
03-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Great update on a horrible story.