PDA

View Full Version : New look? Changes?

jimnyc
02-26-2008, 08:43 PM
Would anyone like to chime in about the appearance of the board? Should I search for a new and/or official "logo" for the board or do you like what we have now? What about a different color scheme?

Additionally, in case anyone isn't aware, you can scroll all the way to the bottom left of the board to the drop down box where it states "default style" and change it to "lighter" and see if you like that one better. I know it's a bit bright but the banner for that one is a simple jpg file and is not transparent, so the background must remain white. The banner on the default theme is transparent, so it will automatically adapt to any background changes made.

Just curious about the overall happiness of the board with the appearance and if I should concentrate on making any changes in that department in the future.

glockmail
02-26-2008, 08:56 PM
I don't like change.

jackass
02-26-2008, 08:57 PM
I think everything is fine, but I am one of those...feels broken in tyoe of people :)

Mr. P
02-26-2008, 08:57 PM
I think the board is fine as is..maybe the blog banner could change or be repositioned.

hjmick
02-26-2008, 08:58 PM
More boobs.

jackass
02-26-2008, 09:13 PM
More boobs.

Can we PLEASE get this man a beer?!?!?! :cheers2:

:laugh2:

pegwinn
02-26-2008, 09:13 PM
More boobs.

What he said.......... :lol:

Mr. P
02-26-2008, 09:21 PM
More boobs.

Can we PLEASE get this man a beer?!?!?! :cheers2:

:laugh2:

What he said.......... :lol:

One on each side of the blog banner inside of the red and blue stuff? :cheers2:

manu1959
02-26-2008, 09:54 PM
i like it the way it is......

Yurt
02-26-2008, 10:38 PM
1. nasty brown color please

2. no free speech

3. background checks to join

..........oh wait, there is a board like that :laugh2:

love the blogs, just haven't made one yet

Abbey Marie
02-26-2008, 10:44 PM
i like it the way it is......

Yeah, what he said.

LiberalNation
02-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Change, well everyone seems to be talkin change why not buck the system and stay the same.

Tho if anyone wants to create a write school papers for ln that might work.

diuretic
02-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Right then. It comes in "default" and also "lighter"

Now, for the meek folks like me, have you got one that comes in "mild"?

That would be good because immediately OCA would start being nice and offering ouzo or raki to everyone instead of trying to kick the shit out of the innocents :coffee:

retiredman
02-27-2008, 12:29 AM
Would anyone like to chime in about the appearance of the board? Should I search for a new and/or official "logo" for the board or do you like what we have now? What about a different color scheme?

Additionally, in case anyone isn't aware, you can scroll all the way to the bottom left of the board to the drop down box where it states "default style" and change it to "lighter" and see if you like that one better. I know it's a bit bright but the banner for that one is a simple jpg file and is not transparent, so the background must remain white. The banner on the default theme is transparent, so it will automatically adapt to any background changes made.

Just curious about the overall happiness of the board with the appearance and if I should concentrate on making any changes in that department in the future.

the one feature on USMB that I like is the little check mark that shows up next to threads you have previously posted in. I find that helpful...other than that. this is awesome...and the blog is a great feature.

manu1959
02-27-2008, 12:31 AM
the one feature on USMB that I like is the little check mark that shows up next to threads you have previously posted in. I find that helpful...other than that. this is awesome...and the blog is a great feature.

to the left of each post is a little pice of mail if there is an arrow across it you have posted in it.....

Yurt
02-27-2008, 01:43 AM
to the left of each post is a little pice of mail if there is an arrow across it you have posted in it.....

?

the only diff i see is blue read, orange not

Abbey Marie
02-27-2008, 12:48 PM
?

the only diff i see is blue read, orange not

An arrow means you've posted in that thread, orange means there is a new post in the thread since you last logged out. The orange color appears whether or not you posted in the thread. An orange icon with an arrow means you've posted in it, and there are one or more new posts in it.

nevadamedic
02-27-2008, 12:59 PM
More boobs.

We've got plenty of boobs, there is Gabby, Manfrommaine, GW in Ohio and Joe Steel. Trust me we don't need anymore.

retiredman
02-27-2008, 01:33 PM
An arrow means you've posted in that thread, orange means there is a new post in the thread since you last logged out. The orange color appears whether or not you posted in the thread. An orange icon with an arrow means you posted in it and there are one or more new posts in it.

thank you and thank you manu.... I didn't KNOW dat!

Pale Rider
02-28-2008, 03:30 AM
We've got plenty of boobs, there is Gabby, Manfrommaine, GW in Ohio and Joe Steel. Trust me we don't need anymore.

Gabby? You calling *GABBY* a boob? Pppphhhtt.... the only BOOB I see here has a homo boxing PUSSY for an avatar.

Immanuel
02-28-2008, 08:37 AM
I just got a message about editing my posts. It seems that you have recently added a 10-minute time limit to the editing feature. I think that is great. I find it easier to read the post in full rather than the little boxes. I do use the "preview post" option for long posts, but sometimes I catch an error after posting.

I think 10 minutes is a bit short, 20 minutes would be better in my opinion, but I do like the idea that we can't go back and change our posts after too long of a time.

Or wait a minute! Are you singling me out so that I can't make those kinds of changes? :D

Immie