PDA

View Full Version : Louis Farrakhan The Head Of The Nation Of Islam Endorses Obama

nevadamedic
02-27-2008, 01:14 AM
Farrakhan, the head of the Nation of Islam, recently made positive statements about Obama’s candidacy. The controversial leader has made many remarks that have been deemed anti-Semitic, including calling Judaism a "gutter religion." Asked tonight if he accepted Farrakhan's endorsement, Obama denounced those statements.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Muslim's support their own, so this doesn't come as a surprise to me.

Yurt
02-27-2008, 01:39 AM
old news, old hat, move on.............

Yurt
02-27-2008, 01:40 AM
try being a man answering some real news:

Then explain why you repped another member and in your comment you ask for rep back so you (yourself and the other member) can rule the board?

And later the same member repped you and the comment was "shoot me some back and we will soon own the board"?

Explain that.

:laugh2:

02-27-2008, 02:03 AM
You expecting him maybe to endorse McCain? Is this honestly a surprise to anyone?

Psychoblues
02-27-2008, 02:33 AM
Obama rejects the notions of Louis Farakhan. Did you see the Dem debate on MSNBC tonight? Obama wants nothing to do with the hatred and prejudices of Farakhan or his followers. But, ya'll have fun in your ignorance anyway!!!!!!!!!!!

Pale Rider
02-27-2008, 02:35 AM
Obama rejects the notions of Louis Farakhan. Did you see the Dem debate on MSNBC tonight? Obama wants nothing to do with the hatred and prejudices of Farakhan or his followers. But, ya'll have fun in your ignorance anyway!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah.... that's what he says.... ppphhhtt.

02-27-2008, 02:37 AM

Yeah, we know that. Even Nevada who is incredible antagonistic to Obama pointed out the fact that Obama denounced Farakhan's hatred and prejudices.

Since you are agreeing with what everyone has already said, who exactly is ignorant?

Psychoblues
02-27-2008, 02:57 AM
Just for starters,,,,,,,,

Yeah, we know that. Even Nevada who is incredible antagonistic to Obama pointed out the fact that Obama denounced Farakhan's hatred and prejudices.

Since you are agreeing with what everyone has already said, who exactly is ignorant?

I think you are ignorant and you prove it almost daily. Comment?

02-27-2008, 04:49 AM
Just for starters,,,,,,,,

I think you are ignorant and you prove it almost daily. Comment?

yes. please stick to the topic of the thread rather than insulting people who were agreeing with you.

Psychoblues
02-27-2008, 04:54 AM
What a proud patriot you are.

yes. please stick to the topic of the thread rather than insulting people who were agreeing with you.

Do you support Farakhan or Obama? Is that a fair question?

nevadamedic
02-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Yeah.... that's what he says.... ppphhhtt.

That's why he tripped over himself and looked like an idiot?

hjmick
02-27-2008, 11:28 AM

He did so very, very reluctantly and only after being pressed to do so. Until last night, he hadn't said a God damn word out of fear of offending Farrakhan's followers and possibly losing their votes. Not one word.

retiredman
02-27-2008, 11:29 AM
That's why he tripped over himself and looked like an idiot?

if the leader of the KKK came out and said that he thought that McCain was a great American and would be good for America, should McCain publicly announce that anyone who was a member of the KKK or was sympathetic to the KKK should NOT vote for him but vote for the democrat, instead? of course not.

How is Obama supposed to "reject" the positive comments of someone who he has previously and repeately denounced?

hjmick
02-27-2008, 11:35 AM
if the leader of the KKK came out and said that he thought that McCain was a great American and would be good for America, should McCain publicly announce that anyone who was a member of the KKK or was sympathetic to the KKK should NOT vote for him but vote for the democrat, instead? of course not.

Yes, he should, IMO. Any candidate should distance themselves as much as possible from any semblance of racism, regardless of the consequences.

How is Obama supposed to "reject" the positive comments of someone who he has previously and repeately denounced?

By immediately coming out and saying it again, and again, and again, until every major news outlet is reporting his unequivocal rejection.

nevadamedic
02-27-2008, 11:36 AM

I would.............. Especially if it was a Terrorist supporting group like Louis's group.

retiredman
02-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Yes, he should, IMO. Any candidate should distance themselves as much as possible from any semblance of racism, regardless of the consequences.

By immediately coming out and saying it again, and again, and again, until every major news outlet is reporting his unequivocal rejection.

saying it in a nationally televised debate isn't good enough?

McCain might very well condemn the KKK - as Obama has repeatedly condemned Farrakhan - and all politicians should.... but no politician is going to say "IF you belong to the KKK or sympathize with them in any way, do NOT vote for me". Won't happen. All votes taste alike and count alike.

nevadamedic
02-27-2008, 11:48 AM

McCain might very well condemn the KKK - as Obama has repeatedly condemned Farrakhan - and all politicians should.... but no politician is going to say "IF you belong to the KKK or sympathize with them in any way, do NOT vote for me". Won't happen. All votes taste alike and count alike.

Obama wouldn't completly turn on old Louis, he played his words and got caught.

retiredman
02-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Obama wouldn't completly turn on old Louis, he played his words and got caught.

he already has completely turned on him. numerous times.

I am gonna put you back on ignore.

Dilloduck
02-27-2008, 11:51 AM
All votes taste alike and count alike.

Exactly. Everything pouring out of the candidates mouths now is bullshit.
One has to read between the lines and look way deeper to determine anything that may represent the truth about them and how they would act in the role of President. The rest is all marketing gimmicks.

hjmick
02-27-2008, 11:53 AM

Again, having watched every minute of the debate last night, his rejection came across as reluctant and wishy washy, and only after he was pressed by Hillary. He avoided the word "reject" until he was pushed. In the end, I suppose it is good enough, but I would have preferred he come out on his own, not long after Farrakhan's endorsement, and said something.

I guess I'm just hardcore when it comes to racism, I would have great respect for the politician who did take this stance. I do, however, completely understand your point, though I do not like the reality.

02-27-2008, 11:54 AM

I'm agreeing here. I think it's absurd to do that.

I also think it's absurd to think Farrakhan was going to endorse anyone else.

hjmick
02-27-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm agreeing here. I think it's absurd to do that.

I also think it's absurd to think Farrakhan was going to endorse anyone else.

Yeah, sometimes reality sucks.

retiredman
02-27-2008, 11:59 AM
again..vigorously condemning Farrakhan is all he can do. What exactly is he supposed to "reject"? Farrakhan's compliments? He's condemned the guy numerous times previously.

Now, if Farrakhan had offered his support or urged his followers to work on Obama's campaign, there would be something to "reject".... until them, condemnation is really all he can do.

hjmick
02-27-2008, 12:06 PM
again..vigorously condemning Farrakhan is all he can do. What exactly is he supposed to "reject"? Farrakhan's compliments? He's condemned the guy numerous times previously.

Now, if Farrakhan had offered his support or urged his followers to work on Obama's campaign, there would be something to "reject".... until them, condemnation is really all he can do.

I hear you. Ultimately you are right. I guess I just would have liked to have heard him denounce the endorsement earlier. I felt he tacitly approved by not saying anything at all. The politician's way, I suppose. Not just him, all politicians.

Monkeybone
02-27-2008, 01:07 PM
unless i missed it, he never really said that he rejected him and every thing. just that he renounced what he said about jews. nothing about the man or his racism at all. just what he publically said. and i agree with HJ, he only did it when pressured and Clinton gave the example where she rejected the endorsement from a whit activist person. not renounced what he said, but rejected the support.

atleast that is what she says.

retiredman
02-27-2008, 01:20 PM
unless i missed it, he never really said that he rejected him and every thing. just that he renounced what he said about jews. nothing about the man or his racism at all. just what he publically said. and i agree with HJ, he only did it when pressured and Clinton gave the example where she rejected the endorsement from a whit activist person. not renounced what he said, but rejected the support.

Farrakhan didn't OFFER any support. Tough to reject what isn't there.

nevadamedic
02-27-2008, 01:43 PM

Exactly.

Abbey Marie
02-27-2008, 01:57 PM
I think the interesting question is, what is it about Hussein Obama that a racist jerk like Farrakhan finds so appealing? He must see some commonalities of their policies and values.

DrJohn
02-27-2008, 04:50 PM
I think the interesting question is, what is it about Hussein Obama that a racist jerk like Farrakhan finds so appealing? He must see some commonalties of their policies and values.

Maybe the color of his skin???

retiredman
02-27-2008, 04:53 PM
I think the interesting question is, what is it about Hussein Obama that a racist jerk like Farrakhan finds so appealing? He must see some commonalties of their policies and values.

I would say Farrakhan appreciates how Obama has energized the black community and the white community as well.

Abbey Marie
02-27-2008, 05:17 PM
I would say Farrakhan appreciates how Obama has energized the black community and the white community as well.

Oh yeah, Farrakhan just loves the white community. His outstretched arms and concern are touching.

So, which of Obama's values and policies appeal to the minister of racism?

02-27-2008, 05:20 PM

Is there anyway to just ask Farrakhan?

Pale Rider
02-27-2008, 05:37 PM

I wouldn't say that's much of an endorsement to harp about mfm... seeing how farrakhan is about as big of radical, muslim, racist as you'd ever want to meet.

retiredman
02-27-2008, 05:49 PM
I wouldn't say that's much of an endorsement to harp about mfm... seeing how farrakhan is about as big of radical, muslim, racist as you'd ever want to meet.

Hey...Obama had denounced him... I didn't say that it was an endorsement to "harp" about...

Abbey asked why Farrakhan would endorse Obama, and I offered my opinion. I think he is a jerk who undoubtedly had Malcolm X assassinated.

retiredman
02-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh yeah, Farrakhan just loves the white community. His outstretched arms and concern are touching.

So, which of Obama's values and policies appeal to the minister of racism?

now...if you could find a single sentence of mine that suggested that Louie liked any of Obama's values or policies, then maybe I'd understand why you would be ASKING ME that question!

retiredman
02-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Is there anyway to just ask Farrakhan?

actually...there is.... you go to Chicago... you walk up to his house... you knock on the door, and when he answers the door, you ask him.

That is a fairly good way, but, given the fact that I really don't CARE why Louie said something nice about Barack, I'll let you go to the Windy City and then you can report back on what he says. OK? :coffee:

02-27-2008, 06:02 PM
actually...there is.... you go to Chicago... you walk up to his house... you knock on the door, and when he answers the door, you ask him.

That is a fairly good way, but, given the fact that I really don't CARE why Louie said something nice about Barack, I'll let you go to the Windy City and then you can report back on what he says. OK? :coffee:

what? he lives in the dark ages? no email address?

Gaffer
02-27-2008, 06:42 PM

I dare your white ass to just walk down his street, let alone up to his house.

Pale Rider
02-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Hey...Obama had denounced him... I didn't say that it was an endorsement to "harp" about...

Abbey asked why Farrakhan would endorse Obama, and I offered my opinion. I think he is a jerk who undoubtedly had Malcolm X assassinated.

For all intents and purposes mfm, I'd say hussein's denunciation of farrakhan is hollow. It's all for show. It's what he wants you white boys to believe, when in secret, farrakhan is his buddy. He needs you whiteys to vote for him, so of course he's going to put on the charade. IMO, I believe it's all a lie.

Abbey Marie
02-27-2008, 07:01 PM
now...if you could find a single sentence of mine that suggested that Louie liked any of Obama's values or policies, then maybe I'd understand why you would be ASKING ME that question!

Please don't put words in my post. I never said that you said Farrakhan likes Obama's policies. I suggested, and quite logically at that, that if Farrakhan supports Obama, it would be interesting to know which policies and values of Obama's he identifies with. Whether you personally know the answer is irrelevant.

But since you are such an ardent Obama supporter, you might want to find out the answer. Or do you not care that Farrakhan identifies with your man? Personally, if he was my candidate, I would want to know exactly why.

Yurt
02-27-2008, 08:01 PM

he danced the dance and was let off easy by the moderators. the guy didn't even know there was a difference between "rejecting" and "denouncing." and this guy is supposed to be a harvard law grad?

further, when he finally capitulated or basically he knew hillary got em so he tried as fast as he could to sweep that under the rug, he only """denounced""" him in that well then rejection and denouncing are basically the same, THEN OK, i reject and denounce him.

it may fool most sheeple like MFM, but it doesn't pass muster for the rest of who were really listening with objective understanding, unlike those who have fallen in love with him blindly.

retiredman
02-27-2008, 09:16 PM
he danced the dance and was let off easy by the moderators. the guy didn't even know there was a difference between "rejecting" and "denouncing." and this guy is supposed to be a harvard law grad?

further, when he finally capitulated or basically he knew hillary got em so he tried as fast as he could to sweep that under the rug, he only """denounced""" him in that well then rejection and denouncing are basically the same, THEN OK, i reject and denounce him.

it may fool most sheeple like MFM, but it doesn't pass muster for the rest of who were really listening with objective understanding, unlike those who have fallen in love with him blindly.

what was he supposed to reject? nothing was offered. He denounced Reverend Farrakhan...

Yurt
02-27-2008, 09:45 PM
what was he supposed to reject? nothing was offered. He denounced Reverend Farrakhan...

nice try sheeple. all "nicey nice" in public and then potty mouth ..... in private.

sticks and stone lib sheeple :laugh2:

retiredman
02-27-2008, 09:46 PM
nice try sheeple. all "nicey nice" in public and then potty mouth ..... in private.

sticks and stone lib sheeple :laugh2:

answer the question.

Yurt
02-27-2008, 10:01 PM
he only renounced him after being put on the spot, and EVEN then, he equated it with "rejecting." they are very different words and apparently your harvard smarty pants doesn't know this. i just watched a group interview of dems on tv and even they said he didn't really denounce and danced around the whole issue. he saved face, thats all.

and why did it take him being put on the spot to do that? why not the day before? face it, he has already tacitly approved of the endorsement and by extension, the endorsor.

manu1959
02-27-2008, 10:06 PM
answer the question.

well if you really are against the endorsement of someone.....you would say...

"i do not want your endorsement and i do not want anyone that agrees with you to vote for me"

retiredman
02-27-2008, 10:09 PM
well if you really are against the endorsement of someone.....you would say...

"i do not want your endorsement and i do not want anyone that agrees with you to vote for me"

as you and I discussed in an earlier thread, I believe, that is silly.

Yurt
02-27-2008, 10:11 PM
as you and I discussed in an earlier thread, I believe, that is silly.

he only renounced him after being put on the spot, and EVEN then, he equated it with "rejecting." they are very different words and apparently your harvard smarty pants doesn't know this. i just watched a group interview of dems on tv and even they said he didn't really denounce and danced around the whole issue. he saved face, thats all.

and why did it take him being put on the spot to do that? why not the day before? face it, he has already tacitly approved of the endorsement and by extension, the endorsor.

retiredman
02-27-2008, 10:13 PM

no. he has renounced Farrakhan's racist anti-semitic positions consistently.
And you still have not answered my question: what is he supposed to "reject" if nothing of any substance has been offered?

If Anne Coulter were to say good things about Obama, should he somehow "reject" her compliments because he doesn't approve of her? How DO you REJECT someone saying something nice about you?

Yurt
02-27-2008, 10:21 PM
no. he has renounced Farrakhan's racist anti-semitic positions consistently.
And you still have not answered my question: what is he supposed to "reject" if nothing of any substance has been offered?

If Anne Coulter were to say good things about Obama, should he somehow "reject" her compliments because he doesn't approve of her? How DO you REJECT someone saying something nice about you?

give me a break, the leader of NOI gives his endorsement and you think "nothing" has been offered. are you that blinded by your love for him?

retiredman
02-27-2008, 10:25 PM
give me a break, the leader of NOI gives his endorsement and you think "nothing" has been offered. are you that blinded by your love for him?

stop it. Farrakhan complimented Obama. Obama has previously and repeatedly condemned and denounced Farrakhan as a racist and an anti-semite.

Just answer the question. How do you reject a compliment?

I'll wait

Yurt
02-27-2008, 10:26 PM
manfrommaine;209182]stop it.

:lol: what are you five...waaa stop it.

Farrakhan complimented Obama. Obama has previously and repeatedly condemned and denounced Farrakhan as a racist and an anti-semite.

I'll wait

just like hillary clinton told him to :laugh2:

retiredman
02-27-2008, 10:29 PM
:lol: what are you five...waaa stop it.

just like hillary clinton told him to :laugh2:

so...you can't answer. why not just say so?

Yurt
02-28-2008, 12:07 AM
so...you can't answer. why not just say so?

i've answered you no less than two times. stop it.

manu1959
02-28-2008, 12:09 AM
stop it. Farrakhan complimented Obama. Obama has previously and repeatedly condemned and denounced Farrakhan as a racist and an anti-semite.

I'll wait

you say i do not accept your compliment or endorsment and anyone that agrees with you ..... i do not want your vote .....

simple really ....

retiredman
02-28-2008, 07:22 AM
i've answered you no less than two times. stop it.

stop it? waaaa are you a baby?

retiredman
02-28-2008, 07:23 AM
you say i do not accept your compliment or endorsment and anyone that agrees with you ..... i do not want your vote .....

simple really ....

every presidential candidate in our history has dreamed or winning by unanimous vote. Every presidential candidate wants everyone to vote for him. Wake up. Get real.:coffee:

Dilloduck
02-28-2008, 07:46 AM
every presidential candidate in our history has dreamed or winning by unanimous vote.

You know the dreams of every presidential candidate in our history ?? :laugh2:

nevadamedic
02-28-2008, 11:01 AM

Actually Obama Bin Laden couldn't figure out what to do about this since he was getting caught up on his own lies.

retiredman
02-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Actually Obama Bin Laden couldn't figure out what to do about this since he was getting caught up on his own lies.
Who is this fellow you call Obama bin Laden? Speak with accuracy or not at all.

If you are referring to Barack Obama, was he lying when he said he had already vigorously denounced Farrakhan's anti-semitism and racism? what "lies" are you talking about?

Hugh Lincoln
03-01-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm curious. What were the exact words of his "denunciation" of Farrakhan?

And if Obama isn't a black nationalist, why does he remain a member of the Black Ku Klux Klan Church of Chicago?