PDA

View Full Version : RIP William F. Buckley

JackDaniels
02-27-2008, 05:08 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8V2PN3O0&show_article=1

"William F. Buckley Jr., the erudite Ivy Leaguer and conservative herald who showered huge and scornful words on liberalism as he observed, abetted and cheered on the right's post-World War II rise from the fringes to the White House, died Wednesday. He was 82.

His assistant Linda Bridges said Buckley was found dead by his cook at his home in Stamford, Conn. The cause of death was unknown, but he had been ill with emphysema, she said...."

Gadget (fmr Marine)
02-27-2008, 06:12 PM
RIP, indeed...........

<____________________________________________>

Mr. P
02-27-2008, 06:31 PM
I loved listening to this mans ideas, thoughts and solutions. It's a lose for us all IMO.

typomaniac
02-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Good riddance.

MtnBiker
02-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Rest in Peace Mr Buckley

http://www.salon.com/people/feature/1999/09/03/wfb/cov_wfb.jpg

http://www.nationalreview.com/

April15
02-27-2008, 10:07 PM
I enjoyed his speaking even when I disagreed. He took the high road always.

Abbey Marie
02-28-2008, 01:00 AM
Good riddance.

You should take some time off and concentrate on trying to grow up into a man. And in the meantime, best to remove the "warm and caring" part of your sig.

typomaniac
02-28-2008, 01:17 AM
You should take some time off and concentrate on trying to grow up into a man. And in the meantime, best to remove the "warm and caring" part of your sig.

In case you weren't aware, a rather famous man admitted to reading lots of obituaries with pleasure. :slap:

5stringJeff
02-28-2008, 08:51 AM
RIP, Mr. Buckley. He was certainly one of the great intellectuals of our time.

bullypulpit
02-28-2008, 09:41 AM
To paraphrase Shakespeare, "William F. Buckley was a man whose like we shall not see again..."

As the father of modern conservatism he brought a breath of fresh air to American conservatism with his intellect and wit. He drove the lunatic fringe elements of the conservative movement into the wilderness and back to the fringes where they belong.

Unfortunately, with the Republican take-over of Congress in 1994, they returned like a hidden cancer which metasticized into the Bush administration and its misguided, misbegotten policies. Buckley ended his days critical of the Bush administration, the war, and the conservative movement as it now stands.

Hugh Lincoln
03-02-2008, 10:02 AM
As the father of modern conservatism he brought a breath of fresh air to American conservatism with his intellect and wit. He drove the lunatic fringe elements of the conservative movement into the wilderness and back to the fringes where they belong.

The "lunatic fringe elements" of the conservative movement weren't the fringe before Buckle-knee -- they were the heart. What Buckley ushered in was a multicultural, Jew-first globalist "conservatism" that didn't offend liberals because it wasn't truly conservative. What needs "conserving" is the white race, and how.

Psychoblues
03-03-2008, 01:45 AM
William F. Buckley was and remains in my heart a friend of America. I will miss him.

bullypulpit
03-04-2008, 08:43 PM
The "lunatic fringe elements" of the conservative movement weren't the fringe before Buckle-knee -- they were the heart. What Buckley ushered in was a multicultural, Jew-first globalist "conservatism" that didn't offend liberals because it wasn't truly conservative. What needs "conserving" is the white race, and how.

Indeed...The slack-jawed, mouth-breathing, no-forehead, eyes-set-too-close-together, inbred-freak heart of the American conservative movement.

MtnBiker
03-05-2008, 02:26 PM
A Liberal's Praise for William F. Buckley

by Katrina vanden Heuvel

http://www.newsweek.com/id/117855

Hagbard Celine
03-05-2008, 02:28 PM
He was a smart dude.

Kathianne
03-05-2008, 06:37 PM
He was a smart dude.

Yep, one of my top heroes! Ability to stay true to core, but see larger picture. A very devout Catholic, who challenged the problem of birth control.