PDA

View Full Version : Homosexuals & the Scripture: From Ham to the Palestinians

glockmail
02-23-2007, 08:31 AM
The rising tide of acceptance of homosexuality within some major Protestant denominations is demonstrable proof of the fact that church leaders within these denominations have totally lost touch – if in fact there ever was any – with the character and nature of Jesus Christ. Furthermore, these leaders have become what Jesus described as “the blind leading the blind.”
Minus a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, these “leaders” have resorted to philosophy, “cultural” change, and what I have come to classify as “sloppy agape.” (For those of you unfamiliar with this term, agape, it is the word used throughout the original New Testament Greek text to describe God’s love for us and through us.) Jesus was not a philosopher. He was, and is, the Son of God. He did not promote a philosophy: among other things, he came to redeem mankind from the enslavement to sin, and control of Satan. There was nothing philosophical or academic about Jesus’ teachings. He established THE baseline of Truth. He established the fundamental ground rules for freedom, liberty, peace, and deliverance from the perversion of Satan.
Since homosexuality perverts the design of Creation, and renders God’s purpose of procreation moot, we know that the claim of some homosexuals that they were “born homosexual” is a myth. God NEVER creates anything that interferes with His purpose and design. The only thing homosexuals were born with was the ability to decide to sin, and give way to a perverse lust, or to walk with the Lord.
Take a look at some of the foundations of Creation.
Genesis 1:11 says, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth; and it was so.” (Quotes are from the KJV)
Verse 12 reads, “And the earth brought forth grass, and the herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind; and God saw that it was good.”
Now we move to the creation of mankind. Genesis 1:26, 27 says, “And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.”
The foundational rule was everything reproducing “after his kind.” Nowhere was there a suggestion of any variance in this rule. Homosexuals do not reproduce. They kill the whole reproductive process.
Following the fall of Adam and Eve, and their removal from the Garden of Eden, Satan began perverting the purposes of God in the human race. The very first reference to a homosexual act in Scripture occurs when Ham, the son of Noah, went into his father’s tent while Noah was in a drunken stupor, and “saw the nakedness of his father.” (see Genesis 9:22)
While somewhat euphemistic, this phrase is a Hebrew metaphor which literally means to engage in illicit sex with. The phrase appears other places in Scripture, but this incidence is quite telling.
Verse 24 of the same chapter says, “And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him.”
This was not a case of Ham simply stumbling into his father’s tent and accidentally finding him naked. His act toward his father had lifetime consequences that extended to every generation that came forth from his loins.
Since Ham already had a son, Canaan, Noah could not cut off the seed coming forth from his son, so he said, “Cursed be Canaan: a servant of servants shall he be to his brethren.” (verse 25)
The further consequence of Ham’s sin of homosexuality is illustrated in the fact that the seven sons of Canaan each fathered tribes that became nations occupying all of what generally became known as the land of Canaan. Those seven nations were identified as the Hittites, the Jebusites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, the Girgashites, the Amorites, and the Canaanites. The curse of Noah upon Ham’s seed was, in reality, God’s curse; and in Deuteronomy 7:1, 2, the Lord says to Moses, “When the Lord thy God shall bring thee into the land whiter thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou; And when the Lord thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them: thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them; Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son……”
God wasn’t playing games with this sin! He was out to wipe it from the face of the earth. It is a unique irony that ancient Israel, under the leadership of Joshua and his successors, failed to keep God’s commandment. The modern-day Palestinians, Jordanians, Iraqis and Iranians are descendants of these seven nations. Because Israel did not execute God’s judgment 3500 years ago, they are today plagued with peoples in the surrounding regions that are dedicated to their extermination.
God’s hatred and intolerance for the sin of homosexuality is illustrated in the Law he gave to Moses: “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” (see Leviticus 20:13)
Yesterday’s decision by the Episcopal bishops to ordain a homosexual bishop in their midst flies even in the face of Grace.
The excuse given that “we must show the grace of Jesus Christ to the homosexual and lesbian community, and demonstrate a spirit of inclusion rather than exclusion” is just so much pandering religious garbage. The grace of Jesus Christ provides forgiveness from the sin of homosexuality – so long as the homosexual repents and turns from his sin. That grace does NOT include acceptance of homosexuality as an “alternative lifestyle.”
Church leaders who pander to this new/(old?) political correctness open themselves to the judgment of the Lord. They ignore the very plain instruction of the apostle Paul, who wrote to the Romans, (see chapter 1) “21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. 24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet. 28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”
It is time that Christians everywhere rise up and say to leaders like this, “NO MORE ! ! !” We will no longer tolerate the acceptance of sin in the body of Christ!
Likewise, it is incumbent upon us as true conservatives, politically speaking, to say to our leaders in government (and to vote accordingly at election time) “We will not tolerate the acceptance of this kind of deviant behavior as a social norm, nor will we validate this as an acceptable lifestyle by legalizing homosexual or lesbian marriages or civil unions.”
When the righteous stand up and be counted, evil must flee!
-- Regner A. Capener

Proof of: "The modern-day Palestinians, Jordanians, Iraqis and Iranians are descendants of these seven nations."

I spent several years doing research on the history, the makeup, and the characteristics of the seven nations that occupied ancient Canaan. The reason for my study was a unique parallel that I stumbled across one day in reading the seven letters to the seven "Ekklesias" (not churches) in Revelation 2 & 3. Being an amateur Hebrew and Greek scholar -- at least a student of those languages -- I was interested in the makeup of the seven nations, and why God had pronounced such judgment on them. I began gathering every single piece of material I could -- from historical sources, the Library of Congress, archaeological references, etc. -- that dealt with the history, the economy, the military, and the spiritual emphasis within each of the seven. I can't even begin to get into all of it here because it is so lengthy, but let me give you a quick synopsis.
Each of the seven nations were descended from Canaan, the firstborn son of Ham (who was the son of Noah). Because of Ham's sin against his father ( a homosexual act) while his father was in a drunken state, Noah pronounced a curse upon Ham's generations. Following the great flood, because all of the people born into the world were of Noah's family, they pretty much tended to stay within the same region -- the Mesopotamian delta. When Nimrod rebelled against God and attempted to build his "tower reaching unto heaven" (the Tower of Babel), and God divided the people by dividing their languages, everyone began to spread abroad. Canaan's descendants took up occupancy throughout the eastern Mediterranean region, occupying the lands that presently make up present-day Israel, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, parts of Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt and Libya. The spread of those descendants is clearly documented through archaeological finds and historical references.
When God delivered the children of Israel from Egypt under Moses' leadership, he instructed Moses and Joshua to "utterly destroy" every trace of seven of those descendant nations: the Hittites, Hivites, Jebusites, Perizzites, Amorites, Girgashites, and Canaanites. We know that the Hittite nation was the fiercest of the seven, occupying what is now much of Turkey and Iraq, and extending into Iran. The Hivites occupied what we have come to know as Syria and Lebanon and parts of Jordan. The Amorites occupied what was once called the land of the Philistines -- the Gaza strip, and portions of the Sinai peninsula. We could go on, but you get the picture.
Instead of wiping out these nations, Joshua began his conquest of Canaan by compromising with the Girgashites, allowing them to live in their midst as slaves rather than wiping them out. Let's not forget, either, that the lands promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob included all of present-day Israel, much of the Sinai, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and a good portion of Jordan (and of course, all of the present-day Gaza strip). The Girgashite national characteristic is the principal characteristic we have come to identify with the Arabs, whose name in the Semitic language means "ambusher" (or "one who lies in wait"). NONE of those seven nations were eradicated by Israel. Throughout the centuries, until the Roman occupation and eventual --almost complete -- dispersion of the Jews throughout the world, the descendants of those nations continued to occupy those territories, marrying into each other, as well as the Jews, and eventually becoming the amalgam they presently are.
There are two major works by two 19th century historians that catalog the much of what I have just shared. The first is a six-volume work by Sir Henry Wilkinson titled, The Egyptians. It is out of print, but you mind find a copy of it in a library or a used book store (if you are incredibly fortunate). The second work is, The Two Babylons. I'm sorry that I've forgotten the name of the husband-wife team that wrote it, but I will find my copy and email their names to you. There is another major historical work in 12 volumes by another husband-wife team that I will get you the name of. It has been out of print for perhaps 20 or 30 years, but you should be able to find a copy in almost any decent library.

Gaffer
02-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Though I don't buy into the religous aspects of the post I do find the history part very interesting. Good read.