PDA

View Full Version : Middle-name calling is way over the line

stephanie
02-28-2008, 06:10 PM
This is going beyond STUPID....Call him anything else you want, but don't call out his middle name...:puke3:

Eric Zorn | Change of Subject
February 28, 2008
How bad -- how ugly, how far over the line of decency -- is it to invoke Barack Obama's middle name in attacking him?

It's so ugly and so far over the line that not even Alan Keyes in his most overwrought, spittle-flecked moments did it during his 2004 Senate run against Obama in Illinois.

Keyes, the banty Republican imported from Maryland to heap invective on Obama, seemed to have few limits. He called his opponent a "hard-line Marxist" and a supporter of infanticide. He said Obama was "absolutely determined to make the world safe for criminals" and openly doubted Obama's Christian faith. But he never publicly snarled the words "Barack Hussein Obama." He warned him away from using the middle name," replied Bill Pascoe, Keyes' former campaign manager, when I checked with him to see if my colleagues and I had missed something when coming up empty after plumbing our memories and the news archives. Pascoe told me he and former top Keyes consultant Dan Proft had steered him away with the admonishment that such a gambit would be "rude, uncivil, needlessly provocative and incendiary."

It's so ugly and so far over the line that Mr. Bare Knuckles himself, Karl Rove, reportedly warned fellow Republicans against it as they contemplated the prospect of Obama being the Democratic presidential candidate this fall. According to an online report by Marc Ambinder, associate editor of the Atlantic, Rove cautioned a private gathering of Republican state executive directors last month that "Barack Hussein Obama" would sound like a rallying cry for bigots.

read the rest and comments...
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-zorn_28feb28,1,2137587.column

Gaffer
02-28-2008, 06:21 PM
How about I just call him hussein? I personally have no problem with being called a bigot. I am bigoted against stupid liberal politicians and islam. And proud of it.

stephanie
02-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Someone at another site I'm looking at.. said Obambam should just change his middle name to a symbol like Prince did....:laugh2:

diuretic
02-28-2008, 06:30 PM
It's a tactic that plays on ignorance. And there's plenty of ignorance. Remember the case of the bloke who shot dead a Sikh after 9/11? That's the kind of ignorance I'm referring to.

Obama's father was a Kenyan Muslim right? Looks like his father got naming rights so he gave his son HIS name - Barack Hussein Obama - when the little fellow was born in Honolulu. Well fancy that, a father giving his own names to his son. Someone should pass a law against it.

The use of Hussein of course is like a red rag to a bull to the ignorant. The same folks who refer to the former Iraqi dictator by his first name (Hussein) when they really mean to use his family name (Saddam) will be unthinkingly inflamed by the name Hussein and won't begin to think about its origin.

Dirty politics but it will have an effect among the ignorant. That means it will have a huge effect.

stephanie
02-28-2008, 06:38 PM
It's a tactic that plays on ignorance. And there's plenty of ignorance. Remember the case of the bloke who shot dead a Sikh after 9/11? That's the kind of ignorance I'm referring to.

Obama's father was a Kenyan Muslim right? Looks like his father got naming rights so he gave his son HIS name - Barack Hussein Obama - when the little fellow was born in Honolulu. Well fancy that, a father giving his own names to his son. Someone should pass a law against it.

The use of Hussein of course is like a red rag to a bull to the ignorant. The same folks who refer to the former Iraqi dictator by his first name (Hussein) when they really mean to use his family name (Saddam) will be unthinkingly inflamed by the name Hussein and won't begin to think about its origin.

Dirty politics but it will have an effect among the ignorant. That means it will have a huge effect.

Pfeeeeeeesh..

Microcosmos
02-28-2008, 06:49 PM
I think (hope) you overestimate the power of stupid in this election!

diuretic
02-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Pfeeeeeeesh..

I can't translate Arabic :laugh2:

stephanie
02-28-2008, 09:09 PM
I can't translate Arabic :laugh2:

can you translate this...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/facepull-vi.gif

:laugh2:

trobinett
02-28-2008, 09:45 PM

Your handlers are proud, I'm sure.

Oh, the effect is quite evident, just look in the mirror.:slap:

82Marine89
02-28-2008, 10:03 PM
How about we just call him B.O.?

manu1959
02-28-2008, 10:54 PM
husseins white american mom married two muslims......

ya there was no muslim influence in his life it was a wholesome christian upbringing.......

he is a religious christin zelot......just like shrub.....

JohnDoe
02-28-2008, 10:59 PM
his natural born father from kenya became a Christian, and then later went on to become a non practicing Muslim, more of an agnostic is what i just read on the front page of my aol..... :)

http://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/obama-fights-false-links-to-islam/20080228092609990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

stephanie
02-28-2008, 11:07 PM
So now he's tried all the different religions...

He decided that a black separatist church is where he should be....

How comforting...

Pale Rider
02-28-2008, 11:13 PM
So we have to call faggots, gay. And we have to call illegal aliens, undocumented immigrants. And we have to call black people, African Americans. And we have to, and we have to, and we have to.... and now we can't call B. Hussein Obama his name.

How can this shit get ANY fucking dumber? When will this PC bull crap be done? When we can't say ANYTHING AT ALL???!!!

Well ya know what? Just because the liberal bitchers and whiners are making a big deal out of this and want me shut up and not speak obama's middle name, now I'm going to use every single time I speak of him. These morons that think this outrageous PC horse dung up have to be some of the stupidest sons a bitches I've ever encountered in my life. I have only one thing to say to them.... BLOW ME!

manu1959
02-28-2008, 11:15 PM
So we have to call faggots, gay. And we have to call illegal aliens, undocumented immigrants. And we have to call black people, African Americans. And we have to, and we have to, and we have to.... and now we can't call B. Hussein Obama his name.

How can this shit get ANY fucking dumber? When will this PC bull crap be done? When we can't say ANYTHING AT ALL???!!!

Well ya know what? Just because the liberal bitchers and whiners are making a big deal out of this and want me shut up and not speak obama's middle name, now I'm going to use every single time I speak of him. These morons that think this outrageous PC horse dung up have to be some of the stupidest sons a bitches I've ever encountered in my life. I have only one thing to say to them.... BLOW ME!

i call him hussein....

JohnDoe
02-28-2008, 11:23 PM
For whatever reasons you all deem...you can call him hussein, no one is stopping you...all they are doing is voicing their opinion about what you all are doing imo....no biggie....unless of course... if you are the type of person to cave in to peer pressure easily.

manu1959
02-28-2008, 11:29 PM
For whatever reasons you all deem...you can call him hussein, no one is stopping you...all they are doing is voicing their opinion about what you all are doing imo....no biggie....unless of course... if you are the type of person to cave in to peer pressure easily.

i like the name hussein.....obama.....nah .....barak....nah.....hussein....very ethnic .... it should work to unite the east and the west ...... hussein is a uniter not a divider.....

stephanie
02-28-2008, 11:40 PM
I prefer to call him Obambam, because for some reason he reminds me of Barney Rubbles son from the Flintstones...:laugh2:

JohnDoe
02-29-2008, 12:20 AM
i like the name hussein.....obama.....nah .....barak....nah.....hussein....very ethnic .... it should work to unite the east and the west ...... hussein is a uniter not a divider.....yah, as the rummor goes....

President Bush was a uniter also, can't be any worse than his performance with it I would suppose, so I am not really worried about that aspect of Obama... nor am i worried about his middle name or the "middle name calling", i think it is silly and childish and don't see why you all don't just come right out and say what your concerns are that makes you think calling his middle name out is important.... but, whatever! This is so miniscule and petty, that i really shouldn't have wasted my time posting to this thread...but i did, so guess I am in to silliness and pettiness more than i thought? hahahahaha!

jd

manu1959
02-29-2008, 12:23 AM
yah, as the rummor goes....

President Bush was a uniter also, can't be any worse than his performance with it I would suppose, so I am not really worried about that aspect of Obama... nor am i worried about his middle name or the "middle name calling", i think it is silly and childish and don't see why you all don't just come right out and say what your concerns are that makes you think calling his middle name out is important.... but, whatever! This is so miniscule and petty, that i really shouldn't have wasted my time posting to this thread...but i did, so guess I am in to silliness and pettiness more than i thought? hahahahaha!

jd

there will be plenty of people that president hussein will not be able to unite ....he is really only interested in uniting everyone......just ....51%......

JohnDoe
02-29-2008, 12:27 AM
there will be plenty of people that president hussein will not be able to unite ....he is really only interested in uniting everyone......just ....51%......IF he follows the trend of his presidential predecessor and is all "talk" regarding the uniting, you'll be right!

:poke:

jd

manu1959
02-29-2008, 12:32 AM
IF he follows the trend of his presidential predecessor and is all "talk" regarding the uniting, you'll be right!

:poke:

jd

once he taxes the competent to give to the incompetant.....

once he withdraws all the troops from iraq only to deploy them in afganistan ....

once he says one can only own a gun to hunt or target shoot and requires a licenses to do so....

it will be 51 49 and drop from there.....

diuretic
02-29-2008, 12:39 AM
can you translate this...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/facepull-vi.gif

:laugh2:

Yep, that's universal :laugh2:

diuretic
02-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Your handlers are proud, I'm sure.

Oh, the effect is quite evident, just look in the mirror.:slap:

Apart from that - anything of substance to add? Or is it just the usual piss and wind? :laugh2:

One day, perhaps, just maybe, I'll read a post of yours that makes me say, "now that's got some substance to it."

Not this time though :coffee:

diuretic
02-29-2008, 12:48 AM
I prefer to call him Obambam, because for some reason he reminds me of Barney Rubbles son from the Flintstones...:laugh2:

Make it O'bambam and that ties up the Irish vote in NY and Boston :laugh2:

JohnDoe
02-29-2008, 12:52 AM
once he taxes the competent to give to the incompetant.....

once he withdraws all the troops from iraq only to deploy them in afganistan ....

once he says one can only own a gun to hunt or target shoot and requires a licenses to do so....

it will be 51 49 and drop from there.....
None of that can be done without Congress and even if the dems went along with it, there is no doubt the repubs in the senate would filibuster it...

no worries.

I am not an obama supporter, so i am not saying this in support of him, it is just how I see it.

jd

PostmodernProphet
02-29-2008, 05:15 AM
I think (hope) you overestimate the power of stupid in this election!

I don't think it's possible to overestimate the power of "stupid".......

Gaffer
02-29-2008, 10:33 AM
If my calling him hussein gets stupid people to vote against him then I have achieved my goal.

Stupid people against hussein.

Hagbard Celine
02-29-2008, 11:09 AM
It's sophomoric and it plays to the lowest common denominator. I mean you guys got a kick out of it didn't you? That should be the first red flag.

Monkeybone
02-29-2008, 11:12 AM
It's sophomoric and it plays to the lowest common denominator. I mean you guys got a kick out of it didn't you? That should be the first red flag.

and calling the currnet one "Chimpy" isn't?:poke:

Hag..what happened. your replies used to make me laugh and think. now it's just like you've given up and turned bitter. no humour...why man? why? :cheers2:

hjmick
02-29-2008, 11:16 AM

Dude, that's different. He's a Republican. Duh!

theHawk
02-29-2008, 11:21 AM
How about we just call him B.O.?

:lol:
Classic!!! :laugh2:

theHawk
02-29-2008, 11:23 AM
If my calling him hussein gets stupid people to vote against him then I have achieved my goal.

Stupid people against hussein.

True. After all, B.O. has a whole following of stupid people that can't even name one accomplishment of his.

Hell, most Obama followers believe he voted against the war...when point of fact he wasn't even in the Senate at the time the war started and all of his Democratic buds voted to authorize.

Monkeybone
02-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Dude, that's different. He's a Republican. Duh!

ooohhhhh, my bad HJ. i forgots. must be my young sophomoric mind. curse me for laughing at farts and the word "boobies"

Hagbard Celine
02-29-2008, 11:47 AM

Hag..what happened. your replies used to make me laugh and think. now it's just like you've given up and turned bitter. no humour...why man? why? :cheers2:

No because "chimpy" is not a superficial moniker. It's based on a lifetime of foolhearty and chimp-like gaffes as well as the fact that he physically resembles a chimp. If he made great decisions and his presidency had been a shining example of how to run a country instead the dismal failure that it is then calling him "chimpy" solely based on his appearance would be sophomoric. See how that works?
Wow. Obama's middle name is "Hussein" and hey! That dead dictator was also named Hussein! Despite that fact that the name "Hussen" to the Arab world is like "Smith" is to the Western world, this is the best that conservatives can come up with to attack him? It's pathetic.
And to answer your question, I have lost my sense of humor when it comes to politics. America is turning into the personification of the movie "Idiocracy"--a nation of fat ignorant rednecks too lazy to educate themselves and too dull-witted to form rational conclusions based on something other than a spiffy catchphrase rattled-off by their equally idiotic pundit of choice. Why are we even talking about Obama's middle name? It has nothing to do with his policies. Does he even have policies? He talks a lot of hot sh*t about "change" and a "new direction," but does he even have a detailed plan? The same goes for Sen. Mc-no nuts-Cain and Hillary-faker-Clinton. How are they going to enact change? So far all we have is a vague understanding of their positions on inconsequential wedge issues (abortion and gay marriage). Who cares?!?! I want to know how they're going to fix the stock market and why the f*ck I'm paying almost $4 per gallon for gas because those Saudi f*ckers have our nuts in a vice! I want to know how they're going to stablize Iraq. I want to know how they're going to reverse NAFTA and keep good, skilled jobs in the US.
But no. Instead we're having a national debate about Obama's middle-f*cking-name.

JohnDoe
02-29-2008, 01:29 PM
No because "chimpy" is not a superficial moniker. It's based on a lifetime of foolhearty and chimp-like gaffes as well as the fact that he physically resembles a chimp. If he made great decisions and his presidency had been a shining example of how to run a country instead the dismal failure that it is then calling him "chimpy" solely based on his appearance would be sophomoric. See how that works?
Wow. Obama's middle name is "Hussein" and hey! That dead dictator was also named Hussein! Despite that fact that the name "Hussen" to the Arab world is like "Smith" is to the Western world, this is the best that conservatives can come up with to attack him? It's pathetic.
And to answer your question, I have lost my sense of humor when it comes to politics. America is turning into the personification of the movie "Idiocracy"--a nation of fat ignorant rednecks too lazy to educate themselves and too dull-witted to form rational conclusions based on something other than a spiffy catchphrase rattled-off by their equally idiotic pundit of choice. Why are we even talking about Obama's middle name? It has nothing to do with his policies. Does he even have policies? He talks a lot of hot sh*t about "change" and a "new direction," but does he even have a detailed plan? The same goes for Sen. Mc-no nuts-Cain and Hillary-faker-Clinton. How are they going to enact change? So far all we have is a vague understanding of their positions on inconsequential wedge issues (abortion and gay marriage). Who cares?!?! I want to know how they're going to fix the stock market and why the f*ck I'm paying almost $4 per gallon for gas because those Saudi f*ckers have our nuts in a vice! I want to know how they're going to stablize Iraq. I want to know how they're going to reverse NAFTA and keep good, skilled jobs in the US.
But no. Instead we're having a national debate about Obama's middle-f*cking-name.

damn! gotta spread some rep around!

i think many people feel the same way on this.....i know i do!

jd

theHawk
02-29-2008, 01:35 PM
No because "chimpy" is not a superficial moniker. It's based on a lifetime of foolhearty and chimp-like gaffes as well as the fact that he physically resembles a chimp.

I think B.O. looks more like a chimp with his stupid grin and big ears. Should we start calling him "chimpy"? :laugh2:

glockmail
02-29-2008, 01:40 PM
I've been calling our president W (his middle name) for some time now so I choose to call this candidate by his, except to be fair I should differentiate from Saddam, so I'll call him B. Hussein. :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
02-29-2008, 01:43 PM
I've been calling our president W (his middle name) for some time now so I choose to call this candidate by his, except to be fair I should differentiate from Saddam, so I'll call him B. Hussein. :laugh2:

I've been calling the current prez by his middle initial as well but I pronounce it "Dubya." :poke:

JohnDoe
02-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Damn, too late to add an edited message on my post to HAG...

well, i don't necessarily agree with you regarding Chimpy, but i do agree with you that we are spending time discussing middle names while the candidates get by with never giving us anything of real substance regarding real issues.

jd

theHawk
02-29-2008, 01:45 PM
I've been calling the current prez by his middle initial as well but I pronounce it "Dubya." :poke:

Good point. Alot of people have called him "Dubya" since he was in office. So I really don't see the big stink about calling B.O. "Hussein." If people have a problem with it, take it up with his parents.

Monkeybone
02-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Damn, too late to add an edited message on my post to HAG...

well, i don't necessarily agree with you regarding Chimpy, but i do agree with you that we are spending time discussing middle names while the candidates get by with never giving us anything of real substance regarding real issues.

jd

that's with just this election? :laugh2:

no really, i never paid attention before in my young and carefree days ;)

glockmail
02-29-2008, 02:00 PM
I've been calling the current prez by his middle initial as well but I pronounce it "Dubya." :poke: Great, so what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

JohnDoe
02-29-2008, 02:19 PM
that's with just this election? :laugh2:

no really, i never paid attention before in my young and carefree days ;)

nahhh, they have been that way for a while, not just this election!

Honestly, i couldn't give a hoot about obama being called hussein....i know why people are calling him that and giving emphasis to it and i really don't care that they are doing such...they have that right....and for goodness sakes, if obama can't handle a little razzing about his middle name then he certainly wouldn;t be able to handle the presidency!

all of this is a ho hum of nothing....

but hey! I contributed :eek: a bunch of posts to the thread count so I am guilty of my own complaint!!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!

:salute:

jd

Immanuel
02-29-2008, 02:24 PM

Call me Mr. Obvious, but I think what the article was trying to say was not that we can't use Hussein in reference to him, but that doing so would be nothing but trouble. Both Alan Keyes and Karl Rove said this. Using his middle name to cast dispersion upon him will only unite those who support him with those in the middle who think he's being bad-mouthed or swiftboated. In other words, this was a warning not to use it because doing so will hurt your cause rather than help it.

Sort of like if we were to attack Hillary with something like... "She's just a stupid woman who belongs barefoot and pregnant" (not my feelings just an example). Using that to campaign against her would only unite women behind her.

I'm just pointing this out because the whole discussion seems to be rooted in whether or not we CAN use the middle name rather than what the point of the article seems to have been about.

Immie

BTW: love the avatar!

Hagbard Celine
02-29-2008, 02:25 PM
nahhh, they have been that way for a while, not just this election!

Honestly, i couldn't give a hoot about obama being called hussein....i know why people are calling him that and giving emphasis to it and i really don't care that they are doing such...they have that right....and for goodness sakes, if obama can't handle a little razzing about his middle name then he certainly wouldn;t be able to handle the presidency!

all of this is a ho hum of nothing....

but hey! I contributed :eek: a bunch of posts to the thread count so I am guilty of my own complaint!!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!

:salute:

jd

I doubt Obama cares that people are calling him by his middle name. That's not the point. The point is that the conservatives who are doing so are proving how asinine and sophomoric they are. If you have a genuine protest about his policies then voice it but leave-out the childish insults about the name he was given when he was born.

Pale Rider
02-29-2008, 02:29 PM
I doubt Obama cares that people are calling him by his middle name. That's not the point. The point is that the conservatives who are doing so are proving how asinine and sophomoric they are. If you have a genuine protest about his policies then voice it but leave-out the childish insults about the name he was given when he was born.

I can assure you, the only reason conservatives are doing it is because a "LIBERAL" made an ISSUE out of it.

Who's sophomoric now?

stephanie

Oh the double standards ARE SO GLARING in this statement....

I still like calling him Obambam...:laugh2:

manu1959

we are just trying to be as intelligent as the blue state, bush, shrub, chimppy, hitler crowd......

hjmick
02-29-2008, 02:31 PM

I believe we have yet to see how truly asinine and sophomoric this election is going to get, on both sides of the political fence.

Hagbard Celine
02-29-2008, 02:50 PM
I can assure you, the only reason conservatives are doing it is because a "LIBERAL" made an ISSUE out of it.

Who's sophomoric now?

Yeah. It's in the interest of the Democrats to point out that he shares a name with the former leader of Iraq. :rolleyes: Keep 'em coming Pale. You're hilarious every time.
Atleast "shrub" is a semi-clever play on words. All these idiots are doing is saying his middle name as if it has meaning simply because it's the same as a bad guy's name. It's sad. You can't even muster a proper insult! Can conservatives do anything other than be mediocre?

Oh the double standards ARE SO GLARING in this statement....

I still like calling him Obambam...

I've already explained why "chimpy" is at least based on something other than superficialities. There is no double standard here. That's wishful thinking on your part. This middle name thing is the most childish thing I've seen in a while.
Huh, huh, huh, Hussein, huhhuh, huh, huh.
http://praxeology.net/beavis-butthead-expands.PNG

glockmail
02-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I doubt Obama cares that people are calling him by his middle name. That's not the point. The point is that the conservatives who are doing so are proving how asinine and sophomoric they are. .....

Nice consistency there fella. :rolleyes:

manu1959
02-29-2008, 03:15 PM

we would be happy to discuss mr smiths plans for hope and change ... but he has yet to articulate them .... so we are left to make fun of him ....

krisy
03-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Here is some video of Cincinnati's own Bill Cunningham's intro for John McCain. This is part of what sparked the controversy

http://www.700wlw.com/cc-common/mediaplayer/player.html?redir=yes&mps=wlw_news.php&mid=http://a1802.v302656.c30265.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1802/30265/v0001/cchannel.download.akamai.com/30265/1209/richmedia/WillieIntroducesMcCain.wmv?CCOMRRMID=11590676&CPROG=RICHMEDIA&MARKET=CINCINNATI-OH&NG_FORMAT=newstalk&NG_ID=wlw700am&OR_NEWSFORMAT=News/Talk&OWNER=1209&SERVER_NAME=www.700wlw.com&SITE_ID=1209&STATION_ID=WLW-AM&TRACK=Willie_introduces_McCain

I think it was a great speech. For some reason,John McCain felt the need to apologise and has now lost of lot of support in Southwestern Ohio from Bill Cunningham fans. He also denies knowing Bill Cunningham even tho they have had lunch twice,which isn't going over well here in Cincinnati,a very important part of Ohio for Republicans.

PostmodernProphet
03-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Good point. Alot of people have called him "Dubya" since he was in office. So I really don't see the big stink about calling B.O. "Hussein." If people have a problem with it, take it up with his parents.

so, call him Aitch......

jimnyc
03-01-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm constantly addressed by my middle name. My middle name is Richard, and I get called "dick" almost daily!

retiredman
03-01-2008, 08:00 PM
we would be happy to discuss mr smiths plans for hope and change ... but he has yet to articulate them .... so we are left to make fun of him ....

check his website.... lots of plans...lots of meat.... but you reallly don't WANT to read about it, because you have no desire to vote for him anyway.

http://www.barackobama.com/index.php

Hugh Lincoln
03-01-2008, 08:18 PM
You know what would mess with people's heads? If he changed his middle name to "Nigger." Barack Nigger Obama. Then nobody would say it. Instead, he would be called Barack N-Word Obama.

Remember that comedian's skit about "The Niggar Family"? Hilarious.

stephanie
03-01-2008, 08:23 PM
check his website.... lots of plans...lots of meat.... but you really don't WANT to read about it, because you have no desire to vote for him anyway.

lots of meat alright...taking other peoples money so he can dole it out to the lazy slobs who won't get off the ass to go find a job...

Oh won't he be the HERO then...

retiredman
03-01-2008, 08:27 PM
lots of meat alright...taking other peoples money so he can dole it out to the lazy slobs who won't get off the ass to go find a job...

Oh won't he be the HERO then...

you are certainly welcome to disagree with his plans, and vote against him, as I am sure you will...I only pointed out that for manu to suggest that he hasn't laid out the details is just an indication that manu is being willfully ignorant.

krisy
03-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Remember that comedian's skit about "The Niggar Family"? Hilarious.

Dave Chapel. That was hilarious!:laugh2:

trobinett
03-02-2008, 06:01 PM
check his website.... lots of plans...lots of meat.... but you reallly don't WANT to read about it, because you have no desire to vote for him anyway.

True, why the hell did you post it then?:poke:

retiredman
03-02-2008, 07:41 PM
True, why the hell did you post it then?:poke:

othyer, more open minded folks might be interested.

Dilloduck
03-02-2008, 10:38 PM
othyer, more open minded folks might be interested.

Oh I found it real interesting. I thought the dems thought religious people were silly.

Here, he found an attentive audience for his speech on faith and politics

http://www.barackobama.com/2008/03/01/obama_addresses_poverty_immigr.php