PDA

View Full Version : The Hillary Clinton Myth Unravels At Last

82Marine89
02-28-2008, 10:00 PM
It may be just a wee bit early to say that Hillary Clinton has blown her chance at the Democratic presidential nomination, but it’s not too late to address the exploding amazement of the political pundit class over the ineptness of her campaign. Rarely has a storyline been, in such equal parts, so dominant and fun to read.

How did the Clinton people manage to run such an embarrassingly bad campaign? Inquiring minds want to know.

But it’s really not that hard to figure out. In truth, they had nothing to work with – a problem that was only exacerbated by the fact that they were so thoroughly convinced of the opposite.

With the spectacular flop that has been her presidential campaign, the myth of Hillary Clinton at last unravels. She was none of the things that so many people seemed convinced she was. She was really not all that smart. She was certainly not all that tough. And as much as she and her true believers wanted to think otherwise, she wasn’t popular – not even among Democrats.

Think back to when Hillary first burst upon the scene. The first thing we heard about Hillary was that she wouldn’t be like other first ladies. She wouldn’t bake cookies. She wouldn’t do traditional first lady stuff like literacy campaigns. That was for weak, submissive, June Cleaver types. Hillary was too good for that.

She was a lawyer, you know! She was her own woman.

Fine, then. Way to go on becoming a lawyer. Without in any way detracting from the accomplishment of becoming a lawyer, which I probably couldn’t do, there are hundreds of thousands of them. It’s a noteworthy achievement, but let’s not get carried away with ourselves here. Just because you’re Grace van Owen and not June Cleaver doesn’t mean you’re qualified to, say, redesign the entire country’s health care system.

But try telling that to Hillary. She was as assured of her ability to do it as she was demonstrably incompetent for the task. It was as if the lawyer/first lady could only get her due by getting a shot at this and whatever other foray into public policy she wanted. To deny her a seat at the table would be to make her like – good God – Nancy Reagan or Barbara Bush.

That wouldn’t do.

You could see, even then, where this was heading. Hillary couldn’t experience the fullness of her self-actualization if she had to remain Bill’s less-than-equal partner.

The Monica thing only further etched the deal in stone. For her to bail him out of that one – oh man, the price would be high. But there were lots of people willing to enable her. Charles Rangel told her she should carpetbag her way to New York and run for the Senate.

Once she got there, the jockeying began in earnest. All politicians are self-serving to a degree, but Hillary seemed determined to take it to a high art form. Nothing exemplified it better than her vote to authorize the Iraq war. Everyone understood the key to her affirmative vote. Much like cattle futures speculation, she was guessing that the nation’s pro-war mood of the time would resonate into 2008, and she didn’t think she could afford to be criticized as weak on national security.

Click for full text... (http://www.northstarwriters.com/dc155.htm)

02-29-2008, 03:13 AM
i remember saying in 2004 that i didnt think she would win when she ran.

But i think the writer is being too hard on himself. it's not really that hard to become a lawyer. Heck i did it.

PostmodernProphet
02-29-2008, 05:11 AM
it's not really that hard to become a lawyer. Heck i did it.

lol....four years of college to enable you to take three years of graduate school to enable you to take six weeks of prep class to enable you to take three days of tests to decide if you get to work for a living.....piece of cake.....

glockmail
02-29-2008, 08:54 AM

How did the Clinton people manage to run such an embarrassingly bad campaign? Inquiring minds want to know.

But it’s really not that hard to figure out. In truth, they had nothing to work with – ....[/URL] Doesn't that go even more so for B. Hussein? Yet he was able to pull it off.

02-29-2008, 10:27 AM
lol....four years of college to enable you to take three years of graduate school to enable you to take six weeks of prep class to enable you to take three days of tests to decide if you get to work for a living.....piece of cake.....

i never said you didn't have to put in the work. but as long as you do its really not that tough.

Roadrunner
02-29-2008, 03:08 PM

Her screw up of the Health Care Task Force during her husband's first term as President should have been the tip off to Hillary's management skills and experience in getting things done. It is so amusing to hear her go on and on and on about her "35 years of experience", but she is totally in the dark on how to overcome a competitor who has even less experience than she has.

theHawk
02-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Her screw up of the Health Care Task Force during her husband's first term as President should have been the tip off to Hillary's management skills and experience in getting things done. It is so amusing to hear her go on and on and on about her "35 years of experience", but she is totally in the dark on how to overcome a competitor who has even less experience than she has.

And the sad part is she is way more experienced than B.O.

moon
03-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Perhaps Hillary regrets having said that she'd move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, despite UN Resolution that Israeli law was void there. I sure hope so.