PDA

View Full Version : Tax plan for businesses

The Reverend
02-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Only tax business at the local (city) level and no taxes for businesses at the state and federal levels. This only applies to businesses that keep jobs here and do not outsource. Jobs that outsource get a penalty tax applied to them.

Also eliminate all government aid to businesses. Let them either live or die, that is the way capitalism works.

The Reverend
02-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Just wanted to run an idea by y'all for a new tax sytem

First Americans as individuals are not to pay taxes to the Federal Government.

Instead they pay taxes to their each individual state.

Each state would choose its own tax system (fair, progressive, flat, or etc)

Then from the taxes each state collects they (they states) pay the Federal government a percentage (based on population, etc)

Further instead of states getting money from the Federal government the have it themselves.
If a state needs extra money it then can get a loan from the Federal government or another state that has to be paid back.

Of now time for y'all to tear these apart.

Mr. P
02-29-2008, 11:28 PM
http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer

The Reverend
03-01-2008, 09:11 AM
See my plan would allow the people of each state to choose how their taxes are handled.
Be it fair, flat, or progressive.

The Federal tax for the states would be a flat tax.

Joe Steel
03-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Just wanted to run an idea by y'all for a new tax sytem

First Americans as individuals are not to pay taxes to the Federal Government.

Instead they pay taxes to their each individual state.

Each state would choose its own tax system (fair, progressive, flat, or etc)

Then from the taxes each state collects they (they states) pay the Federal government a percentage (based on population, etc)

Further instead of states getting money from the Federal government the have it themselves.
If a state needs extra money it then can get a loan from the Federal government or another state that has to be paid back.

Of now time for y'all to tear these apart.

This is a terrible idea.

State legislatures are too easily manipulated by special interests. The NRA, ALEC and a host of other virtually dictate legislation to states. Relying on their good faith would be foolhardy.

Nukeman
03-01-2008, 09:54 AM
This is a terrible idea.

State legislatures are too easily manipulated by special interests. The NRA, ALEC and a host of other virtually dictate legislation to states. Relying on their good faith would be foolhardy.And federal level legislatures are not??? Give me a break the Feds have a higher percentage of corruption than the state level.

I am not saying I agree with his plan but the very first statement you made is so ridiculous!!!!

The Reverend
03-01-2008, 10:14 AM
And federal level legislatures are not??? Give me a break the Feds have a higher percentage of corruption than the state level.

I am not saying I agree with his plan but the very first statement you made is so ridiculous!!!!

Thank you

JohnDoe
03-01-2008, 11:20 AM
well, i think that no matter the changes that we make to our tax structure for corporations in reducing their taxes even further than we already have over the last century, it still WILL NOT keep them from off shoring their businesses....no matter the tax break, it will not keep their jobs here because the labor costs overseas, outweighs any benefit from a miniscule tax cut....imho. :(

The Reverend
03-01-2008, 12:09 PM
well, i think that no matter the changes that we make to our tax structure for corporations in reducing their taxes even further than we already have over the last century, it still WILL NOT keep them from off shoring their businesses....no matter the tax break, it will not keep their jobs here because the labor costs overseas, outweighs any benefit from a miniscule tax cut....imho. :(

No taxes is not a miniscule amount. Putting in place a 30 or 40% penalty tax for those that out source is a strong deterent as well.

82Marine89
03-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Only tax business at the local (city) level and no taxes for businesses at the state and federal levels. This only applies to businesses that keep jobs here and do not outsource. Jobs that outsource get a penalty tax applied to them.

Also eliminate all government aid to businesses. Let them either live or die, that is the way capitalism works.

No taxes is not a miniscule amount. Putting in place a 30 or 40% penalty tax for those that out source is a strong deterent as well.

That is not how Capitalism works.

The Reverend
03-01-2008, 12:35 PM
That keep businesses HERE. That keeps work HERE.

manu1959
03-01-2008, 12:37 PM
who here owns part or all of a corporation and actually employees anyone and actually outsources work to foreign employees.....

82Marine89
03-01-2008, 01:06 PM
That keep businesses HERE. That keeps work HERE.

So you believe in limited capitalism?

The Reverend
03-01-2008, 01:34 PM
I am for preserving America. Taxes are not anti-capitalism. Sorry. In that tax system the business has a choice stay and have no taxes or leave and pay them. That is not limiting capitalism.

Capitalism refers to an economic and social system in which the means of production are predominantly private[1][2] owned and operated, and in which investments, distribution, income, production and pricing of goods and services are determined through the operation of a market economy. It is usually considered to involve the right of individuals and groups of individuals acting as "legal persons" or corporations to trade capital goods, labor, land and money (see finance and credit).

manu1959
03-01-2008, 01:41 PM
I am for preserving America. Taxes are not anti-capitalism. Sorry. In that tax system the business has a choice stay and have no taxes or leave and pay them. That is not limiting capitalism.

or take the entire company and move it to a nation that allows international bussiness....thus the entire employee base is lost....

or they can simply hire all local people at an increased wag rate and then just pass those costs along in the form of higher prices.....then watch their market share drop to the foreign international companies unless the federal government impose tarriffs on foreign products which will in turn cause foreign govts to impose tarriffs on us products......so where are you then....a closed economy .....

The Reverend
03-01-2008, 02:41 PM
or take the entire company and move it to a nation that allows international bussiness....thus the entire employee base is lost....

or they can simply hire all local people at an increased wag rate and then just pass those costs along in the form of higher prices.....then watch their market share drop to the foreign international companies unless the federal government impose tarriffs on foreign products which will in turn cause foreign govts to impose tarriffs on us products......so where are you then....a closed economy .....

Hmm I see your point.

82Marine89
03-01-2008, 04:09 PM

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/howsmart.jpg

PostmodernProphet
03-01-2008, 04:37 PM
This is a terrible idea.

State legislatures are too easily manipulated by special interests. The NRA, ALEC and a host of other virtually dictate legislation to states. Relying on their good faith would be foolhardy.

just the opposite....businesses would have to manipulate 50 legislatures instead of only one.....thus, fifty times harder.......

PostmodernProphet
03-01-2008, 04:39 PM
So you believe in limited capitalism?

as opposed to laisse faire captalism?.....capitalism does not have to be completely unregulated to still be capitalism.....

PostmodernProphet
03-01-2008, 04:41 PM

or, you could increase immigration so they could find a cheaper workforce HERE, so the jobs and the employees and the money stay here......

Mr. P
03-01-2008, 04:56 PM
or, you could increase immigration so they could find a cheaper workforce HERE, so the jobs and the employees and the money stay here......

Even at minimum wage labor costs would be higher than the third world.

I think costs after wages are around 35-40% of wages, additional per employee, for a company in the form of tax to cover mandatory stuff..ssi, workers comp, unemployment insurance...etc.

manu1959
03-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Even at minimum wage labor costs would be higher than the third world.

I think costs after wages are around 35-40% of wages, additional per employee, for a company in the form of tax to cover mandatory stuff..ssi, workers comp, unemployment insurance...etc.

don't forget the cost of health care....

Mr. P
03-01-2008, 05:02 PM
don't forget the cost of health care....

I know..I was just tossing out the mandatory stuff.

manu1959
03-01-2008, 05:07 PM
I know..I was just tossing out the mandatory stuff.

california it is....for companies over ...i think it is .... 50....

Mr. P
03-01-2008, 05:33 PM
california it is....for companies over ...i think it is .... 50....

Doesn't surprise me a bit...I do recall a national effort to require health coverage a few years back..I don't know how that came out. I know with one of the retirement programs for sub-s corps, I forget which plan it was, it must also be offered to the employees for the owner to use it.

With all the requirements that cost over the wage payed we are damn lucky we have any companies left in the US. Most folks have no idea how expensive it is to employ folks here. All they see is wages. Now so many want to tax the hell outta em? Negative incentive will do nothing but accelerate the exodus..IMO.

Joe Steel
03-02-2008, 10:23 AM
And federal level legislatures are not??? Give me a break the Feds have a higher percentage of corruption than the state level.

Try again, dumbass.

Start with Federalist 10.

DragonStryk72
03-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Doesn't surprise me a bit...I do recall a national effort to require health coverage a few years back..I don't know how that came out. I know with one of the retirement programs for sub-s corps, I forget which plan it was, it must also be offered to the employees for the owner to use it.

With all the requirements that cost over the wage payed we are damn lucky we have any companies left in the US. Most folks have no idea how expensive it is to employ folks here. All they see is wages. Now so many want to tax the hell outta em? Negative incentive will do nothing but accelerate the exodus..IMO.

I agree. It will never matter how much you tax businesses, they will simply raise prices, meaning that, by taxing business, they're just taxing us, the consumers. Do you really believe Wal-Mart to be so benevolent as to simply suck it up on all the tax money they pay out?

Every single dime our businesses pay we pay, plus the salaries of the new accountants they need, plus the payroll taxes of every employee in their company. See, each time they take your federal withholding tax out of your paycheck, they also have pay a payroll tax equal to what was taken out of your paycheck. Now, once they've done that, they still have property taxes on all their properties, capital gains tax on any investments or savings that they have, and getting their product about, with its own taxes attached to it from the other businesses.

If you have a corporation, then you get one lucky bit of news: Your regular taxes only effect what you have left over at the end, after all expenses are paid. This however creates the difficulty that basically, profits are punished. Now, if you aren't a corp, say like a mom & pop shop, you don't get that protection, and thus, you're getting hit a deal harder.