PDA

View Full Version : Critiquing needed!

jimnyc
03-01-2008, 06:01 PM
I've been spending almost every bit of spare time I have on a new venture of mine. This is a site/blog about blogging, and how one can make money by doing so. Discussion also about other sites, things that work, things that don't... A little bit of everything for anyone who would want to better their chances of being successful online.

I'm still in the losing stages of my "business". It's costing me more to run things than I make, which is nothing at this point! But I'm hoping this one will gain in popularity.

http://www.infodoorway.com/

pegwinn
03-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Been there, seen it. Filled out the contact form.

I mentioned some things I use on my blog that I think would help yours.

HTH.

-Phil

Psychoblues
03-03-2008, 02:05 AM
Maybe you need to think about earning money the old fashioned way, jimnyc. Work for it. Do you think all of us in this non-profit owe you something other than our comments?

jimnyc
03-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Maybe you need to think about earning money the old fashioned way, jimnyc. Work for it. Do you think all of us in this non-profit owe you something other than our comments?

I went to 3 different schools to learn about technology, 1 certified technical school and 2 universities. I worked in the corporate industry for 15 years. I've been involved with online ventures now for about 5 years. I am usually up daily by 4am and am working on various sites almost immediately, THEN I go get my coffee, only to return and finish where I left off. On an average day I will put in between 8-12 hours worth of work dedicated to my sites - updating, advertising, researching, networking... Many times I find myself eating at my computer as I'm in the middle of something important and don't want to lose my train of thought. The last thing I do nightly is check on my sites, update some more & take notes on what to do the following day.

I never use dirty tricks or scams to move along in the business. I am always up front and honest with everything I do. I invested a lot of money that I don't have just to stay afloat and give myself an opportunity to move forward in the hopes of eventually being successful. Some of the ventures I am hopeful will someday give me a return, others I invest a decent chunk into just because I get enjoyment out of it and like to see others enjoy it as well (like here!).

So you may not consider what I do to be "work", but tell that to my wife who constantly nags me for becoming one with my projects. Tell that to my aching fingers and endless keyboard replacements from non-stop "work". Tell that to the hundreds of other webmasters that I have sought out for advice and also dished out much in return. Tell that to the many that I have built projects for without anything in return, just so they can move forward and I can learn in the process.

I don't think anyone owes me a damn thing! I only expect returns on my investment the legitimate way - when a user will get something in return. My only expectations for ROI in the future is based on my efforts in building sites and/or advertising.

Yes, sometimes I have sought out donations from the board here to help with the hosting bills. But when I go into the negative to leverage my future, I'm sometimes hopeful that members here will want to contribute to not only help me, but to keep this place open for everyone to enjoy.

I asked for NOTHING here other than some critiquing on my site. What might appear good to me might not be appeasing to others. I always try to get perspective from readers to improve my sites.

Am I wasting my time explaining this to you? Are you seriously trying to tell me that what I do can't be considered "work", or are you just drunk?