PDA

View Full Version : Rant of the week

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

LiberalNation
12-09-2007, 12:33 PM
lol do get over yourself. I've never known a person in the army who was a saint.

Abbey Marie
12-09-2007, 12:38 PM
So no libs came in here to tell her it's wrong to steal and blame the school? Or would we just hear the "Kids will do it anyway" speech, as with sexual activity? :>)

Mr. P
12-09-2007, 01:45 PM
lol do get over yourself. I've never known a person in the army who was a saint.

You were right...you don't have a clue. It's true no one is a saint. It's ALSO true that for you to be commissioned you'll undergo a background investigation. This is conducted by the FBI. They will visit your HS, talk to teachers, friends and neighbors...anyone is fair game for this investigation. No pass, No clearance, No commission.

LiberalNation
12-09-2007, 01:47 PM
No worries, everyone thinks I'm a great kid.

I'm a good girl, hardly party or drink at all. Don't steal either, why risk getting caught and in a lot of trouble when you have the cash to pay for what you want anyway.

LiberalNation
12-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Um, no. Stealing is stealing, no matter how you want to rationalize it. Talk about ethically challenged....
Never said it wasn't stealing. I'm just not gona set in judgment of some stealing is all. I'd have done what my clasmates did in that situation.

Abbey Marie
12-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Never said it wasn't stealing. I'm just not gona set in judgment of some stealing is all. I'd have done what my clasmates did in that situation.

I'm curious- what would you consider worthy of judgment?

Mr. P
12-09-2007, 10:07 PM

So yer a lemming?

LiberalNation
12-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Lemming- The act of following the crowd into an investment that will inevitably head for disaster.

Had to look the word up but anyway. Who knows, it's better to go down with company. It also means less problems. Individuals can be really punished but not large groups, they get bail outs.

manu1959
12-09-2007, 10:13 PM
i had a really good week...........again......

we caught a guy that was stealing copy paper, pens, checks, etc... from the copy room .... he had stolen enough that he is doing felony time ..... we also took his house ....

yes we could afford the loss......not sure he could though

Mr. P
12-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Lemming- The act of following the crowd into an investment that will inevitably head for disaster.

Had to look the word up but anyway. Who knows, it's better to go down with company. It also means less problems. Individuals can be really punished but not large groups, they get bail outs.

Criminal charges are NOT for a 'group' kiddo...but for an individual.

LiberalNation
12-10-2007, 11:50 AM
:puke: Had to help give an enema today. Stunk so bad. That woman wasn't right in the head either. :puke:

LiberalNation
12-11-2007, 11:28 AM
and they raise the price of cokes by a quarter. They're a dollar 25 now and oh the drama in class today over it.

Mr. P
12-11-2007, 11:58 AM
and they raise the price of cokes by a quarter. They're a dollar 25 now and oh the drama in class today over it.

:laugh2: gotta cover the costs of theft. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
12-11-2007, 02:45 PM
:laugh2: gotta cover the costs of theft. :laugh2:

Hey it's a school- they are just teaching the rules of economics, and of crime and punishment. :laugh2:

LiberalNation
12-13-2007, 11:55 AM
Blah, bored out my mind. Think I'm gona skip school tomorrow in celebration of my 18th birthday.

Abbey Marie
12-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Blah, bored out my mind. Think I'm gona skip school tomorrow in celebration of my 18th birthday.

Senior-itis strikes!

LiberalNation
12-14-2007, 04:46 PM
lol man the parking nazi was towing someones car when I got to school after clinicals. They were having a hard time of it and was dragging it on the bumper. Fucked up both the front and back end of his car pluss a hundred bucks to get it out of impound. All for not having the right parking permit sticker to park in the front parking lot. I'd be pissed if that happened to my car.

Hagbard Celine
12-14-2007, 04:49 PM
:puke: Had to help give an enema today. Stunk so bad. That woman wasn't right in the head either. :puke:

Eewwwwwww. Poop juice. Blech.

Mr. P
12-14-2007, 05:14 PM
lol man the parking nazi was towing someones car when I got to school after clinicals. They were having a hard time of it and was dragging it on the bumper. Fucked up both the front and back end of his car pluss a hundred bucks to get it out of impound. All for not having the right parking permit sticker to park in the front parking lot. I'd be pissed if that happened to my car.

Awwwww...I wonder if the Bone-head will park in the front lot again, ya think?

What is it about rules/laws the yuts don't understand?

Hagbard Celine
12-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Awwwww...I wonder if the Bone-head will park in the front lot again, ya think?

What is it about rules/laws the yuts don't understand?

Parking in the wrong spot shouldn't entitle the towman to f*ck up someone's car.

Mr. P
12-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Parking in the wrong spot shouldn't entitle the towman to f*ck up someone's car.

Who said it does? Fuck-up an take yer chances.

LiberalNation
12-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Blah and yea, this is the last day till christmas break then I'm freeee for two weeks.

Some good news for this week.

I passed my math class with a C which is pretty good considering I never did any of that homework.

Got my acceptance letter to UofL so that's one big step out of the way.

Got my ROTC scholarship approval and put on the school list. I think the only thing I have left for that one is passing the medical exam.

Hagbard Celine
12-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Blah and yea, this is the last day till christmas break then I'm freeee for two weeks.

I passed my math class with a C which is pretty good considering I never did any of that homework.

Got my ROTC scholarship approval and put on the school list. I think the only thing I have left for that one is passing the medical exam.

There's not a drug test is there? :eek: :poke:

5stringJeff
12-21-2007, 10:35 AM

Did you tell your school that you're a lesbian?

LiberalNation
12-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Now of course not, why would I do something like that. Don't ask, don't tell.

5stringJeff
12-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Now of course not, why would I do something like that. Don't ask, don't tell.

The other part of that policy is "don't pursue," which means that you are still not allowed to participate in any homosexual activities while part of the Armed Forces.

LiberalNation
12-21-2007, 04:01 PM
What they don't know wont hurt them and all that.

Likewise while the ....... away the ....... will play.

Hagbard Celine
12-21-2007, 04:03 PM
The other part of that policy is "don't pursue," which means that you are still not allowed to participate in any homosexual activities while part of the Armed Forces.

Eh. I think what she does in her own time is her business. Criminal acts aside of course.

Mr. P
12-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Eh. I think what she does in her own time is her business. Criminal acts aside of course.

HAHAHAHA...don't you work for CNN? Is the no-smoking policy still in effect?

Even own your own time? that one.

AFbombloader
12-21-2007, 06:26 PM

I'm not sure if rotc students fall under the UCMJ, but if they do your statement is incorrect. As a member of the US armed forces, what you do on your own time is not her business.

And yes there is a drug test.

AF:salute:

Hagbard Celine
12-21-2007, 06:38 PM
HAHAHAHA...don't you work for CNN? Is the no-smoking policy still in effect?

Even own your own time? that one.

Yes I do. They don't let us smoke inside if that's what you mean. We have a smoking area outside for those who wish to partake in the sweet, sweet tobacco smoke. As far as my own time, yeah I own the hell out of it. Any time not spent working is spent playing hard.
Your post kinda peters-out at the end so I'm not really sure where you were going with "that one," but I'm sure you were making a genius point. :laugh:

Hagbard Celine
12-21-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm not sure if rotc students fall under the UCMJ, but if they do your statement is incorrect. As a member of the US armed forces, what you do on your own time is not her business.

And yes there is a drug test.

So do military personnel take a vow of celebacy when they enter the service?
Scratch that. I know that they don't so I guess what she does in her own time, criminal acts aside, really is her own business :dunno:

5stringJeff
12-21-2007, 07:36 PM

It's really not. UMCJ forbids both homosexual acts and adultery.

Mr. P
12-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Yes I do. They don't let us smoke inside if that's what you mean. We have a smoking area outside for those who wish to partake in the sweet, sweet tobacco smoke. As far as my own time, yeah I own the hell out of it. Any time not spent working is spent playing hard.
Your post kinda peters-out at the end so I'm not really sure where you were going with "that one," but I'm sure you were making a genius point. :laugh:

It was a Ted Turner policy when he controlled CNN and Turner enterprises.

NO one could smoke...ever..even independent contractors..That was the policy on the job or not.

LiberalNation
12-21-2007, 08:19 PM
It's really not. UMCJ forbids both homosexual acts and adultery.
and they don't enforce either too well. I know plenty of dykes in the military and plenty of guys who have cheated on and divorced wives.

Shit if they prosecuted every adulter they wouldn't have a military left.

Pale Rider
12-22-2007, 02:16 AM
and they don't enforce either too well. I know plenty of dykes in the military and plenty of guys who have cheated on and divorced wives.

Shit if they prosecuted every adulter they wouldn't have a military left.

Yaaaaaahh but you'll fuck it up. You'll just have to lick the wrong crack and that will be that. You're booted. Career shot. Your DD214 will say "Dishonorably Discharged for Lesbian Activity."

I'm sure your recruiter would also be very interested in how proud you were/are of your burning American flag avatar.

LiberalNation
12-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Yaaaaaahh but you'll fuck it up. You'll just have to lick the wrong crack and that will be that. You're booted. Career shot. Your DD214 will say "Dishonorably Discharged for Lesbian Activity."

Doubt it. You don't me but go on and get all hyped up talking to a mirage on the internet.

Pale Rider
12-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Doubt it. You don't me but go on and get all hyped up talking to a mirage on the internet.

I spent eight years active duty. I think I know a little more about how the military operates than you do at this point, and yes they will throw your split licking lesbo ass out, and your DD214 will say "Dishonorable Discharge." Think what you want, but that's what will happen. Try getting a job after that.

LiberalNation
12-22-2007, 02:11 PM
In nursing, yeah I can get a job after that. You may know the military somewhat but you don't know me. You think there ain't tons of lesbians in the military, LMFAO.

Pale Rider
12-22-2007, 02:15 PM
In nursing, yeah I can get a job after that. You may know the military somewhat but you don't know me. You think there ain't tons of lesbians in the military, LMFAO.

No... there "ain't" TONS of lesbians in the military, but the ones that are there are damn quit about it or they're fucking gone. Just like you'll be, because you won't be smart enough to keep your lesbo shit to yourself. You're too fucking stupid. You think it's cute. I guarantee the military won't.

Mr. P
12-22-2007, 03:40 PM
She'll need to keep in quite through 4 years of school too before she ever receives a commission...fail that task and she gets to repay Sam for the loan.

Pale Rider
12-22-2007, 03:44 PM
She'll need to keep in quite through 4 years of school too before she ever receives a commission...fail that task and she gets to repay Sam for the loan.

Maybe she can put up a burning American flag picture in her room like she loves to do too. I'm sure they'd think that was real cute at ROTC.

She's doomed to fail, period. She sooner she realizes it, the better off she and the military will be.

LiberalNation
12-22-2007, 04:28 PM
lol well I do love a challenge with the deck stacked against me, but fail, doubt it. If I stop it will because I decided it wasn't for me not because I failed.

Pale Rider
12-22-2007, 04:31 PM
lol well I do love a challenge with the deck stacked against me, but fail, doubt it. If I stop it will because I decided it wasn't for me not because I failed.

That's right... start making excuses now. It'll make easier to make more later.

LiberalNation
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Well of course you're the expert on failure.......

Pale Rider
12-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Well of course you're the expert on failure.......

Is that why I made through eight years of active duty, and have a DD214 in hand with "Honorable Discharge" on it? Guess again...

Pale Rider
12-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Ya know what LN... what would be amazing to hear from you is something like... "I really so love my country, and even though I used a picture of the American flag burning as an avatar, I think it's wrong to burn our flag, because it's an insult to all our veterans, and active duty military which I'm thinking of pursuing." But I don't think you're capable of saying that, and that's why I stay on your case. Frankly, I can't imagine why you want to join the military and still think burning our flag is a good thing. It's like you claiming you're a lesbian but hating women. I can't figure you out, other than thinking you're just fucked up.

AFbombloader
12-22-2007, 10:45 PM
So do military personnel take a vow of celebacy when they enter the service?
Scratch that. I know that they don't so I guess what she does in her own time, criminal acts aside, really is her own business :dunno:

No, you are wrong. What she does on or off duty reflects on her and the branch she serves in. Criminal or not, she can be prosecuted for violating the UCMJ. I do believe I know what I am talking about since I am still in the Air Force.

LiberalNation
12-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Blah hafta go to church today. Mom wants me to become a confirmed catholic so been going to class every thursday night and mass every sunday. Sucks.

LiberalNation
01-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Back to school tomorrow. :(

Only a week or two tho, then I move to the Louisville area. Already contacted the school in Taylorsville and they're gona send me the paper work I need to fill out to enroll.

dan
01-02-2008, 08:28 PM
:popcorn:

LiberalNation
01-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Burrrrr........it was a whole 13 degrees out this morning, was nearly late waiting on my car window to unfreeze. Now this building is freezing cold, their having heating problems. My fingers are going numb punching the keyboard as I type. :(

LiberalNation
01-03-2008, 09:25 AM

Don't be post whorin my thread boy........

dan
01-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Don't be post whorin my thread boy........

:salute:

LiberalNation
01-07-2008, 01:58 AM
My last day here. Moving to the louisville area. Taylorsville, small lil hick town, smaller than this one, no wal-mart or pizza delivery, but a nice house and nice scenery. Dry county but I can't buy booze anyway, 1 grocery store. Should be okay tho, I'm tired of where I am. Lots of packing to do, I'm movin ahead of the family so I'll have two weeks of independence in a big house and plenty of cash from my parents.

Only half a year left till I graduate. Got acceptence letters from UofL and UK so I can pick which one I wana go to.

Abbey Marie
01-07-2008, 12:33 PM
LN, you are leaving the high school you attended for 3.5 years, to graduate elsewhere, and you are happy about it? I can't imagine that. I had to move at the end of my Junior year of HS, and I was devastated to leave my friends and everything I knew.

Pale Rider
01-07-2008, 01:00 PM

LiberalNation
01-07-2008, 02:14 PM
LN, you are leaving the high school you attended for 3.5 years, to graduate elsewhere, and you are happy about it? I can't imagine that. I had to move at the end of my Junior year of HS, and I was devastated to leave my friends and everything I knew.

I wouldn't say I'm devasted. I'm actually excited now after I got over a bit of shock. I like and need a change, this place is stale. Sure it's leaving in the middle of my senior year and that ruins prom and graduating with friends but besides that a diploma is a diploma. I have no strings here.

LiberalNation
01-07-2008, 02:51 PM
and just skipped out of school early. They can't do anything to me now and I had nothing to do the rest of the day. I done said all the goodbyes I needed to and my last two classes suck.

LiberalNation
01-08-2008, 02:34 PM
at the new place, got the new school the stuff they needed to get me set up, and got the computer hooked up and internet working, nothing to do now till the school calls me back in a few days. Free to explore and chill.

Abbey Marie
01-08-2008, 02:45 PM
at the new place, got the new school the stuff they needed to get me set up, and got the computer hooked up and internet working, nothing to do now till the school calls me back in a few days. Free to explore and chill.

Remember what they say LN: Idle hands are the Devil's workshop. :coffee:

LiberalNation
01-08-2008, 02:49 PM
lol well I shouldn't be ableto get into too much trouble in this lil town. There is a like nothing here, I'd go into louisville but don't think I could find my way homewithout directions. So that leaves going to the grocery store and getting some thigs I need there, playin on the internet and watchin tv

nevadamedic
01-08-2008, 03:20 PM
My last day here. Moving to the louisville area. Taylorsville, small lil hick town, smaller than this one, no wal-mart or pizza delivery, but a nice house and nice scenery. Dry county but I can't buy booze anyway, 1 grocery store. Should be okay tho, I'm tired of where I am. Lots of packing to do, I'm movin ahead of the family so I'll have two weeks of independence in a big house and plenty of cash from my parents.

Only half a year left till I graduate. Got acceptence letters from UofL and UK so I can pick which one I wana go to.

You should apply at UNR(University of Nevada Reno), it's an awesome school!

Ummmmm, you were going to goto prom?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

LiberalNation
01-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Yep.

Grocery shopping done.Think I'll hook the other compter up now.

LiberalNation
01-09-2008, 11:20 PM
I can see why my parents were happy enough to let me move earlier. Having me do all the crap jobs. Set the wireless up to day so back on my own computer now. Brought one of the smaller tvs to my room and hooked it up, plu store again for some essentials I forgot yesterday.

On the docket tomorrow, call the trash pickup people and get that set up. Go to wal-mart and get a shower curtain for the basement bathroom. Go to the library and get a library card. Ect.

Abbey Marie
01-09-2008, 11:29 PM
I can see why my parents were happy enough to let me move earlier. Having me do all the crap jobs. Set the wireless up to day so back on my own computer now. Brought one of the smaller tvs to my room and hooked it up, plu store again for some essentials I forgot yesterday.

On the docket tomorrow, call the trash pickup people and get that set up. Go to wal-mart and get a shower curtain for the basement bathroom. Go to the library and get a library card. Ect.

And don't open the door to strangers!

nevadamedic
01-10-2008, 12:39 AM
And don't open the door to strangers!

Unless it's a gorgeous woman, then send her my way! :laugh2:

LiberalNation
01-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Choices, choices, just been thinking about my options.

Right now I have been accepted into both colleges I was interested in and enrolled in their nursing programs for the fall semester.

I've been offered an Army ROTC Scholarship, pending medical qualification from Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board at both as well. Done the interview and all that. Basically got it cuz now, I know I can pass the medical exam, just ain't got around to doing it.

My concern, is nursing something I really want to do. I picked it simply because I know I can do it if I do the work. I've always been good in being able to understand and remember what I read. Ace anatomy and all that from 3 years of health sciences in highschool. I enjoyed my clinical experiences at the hospitial and think it's a job I could handle and be content enough with but it really isn't my dream job or all I could be.

As for the ROTC thing, the military has always kinda interested me. It will be a neat experience and I could probably travel more but I don't know if I want the commitment. 4 years I could handle but with a war it could be 8.

I could go a different route get a 4 year degree and then try for medical school but that's a lot of work, time, and money. An MD makes more money and has more prestige but is the medical field really where I want to go.

I could do political science and then apply for law school but do I really want to be a lawyer. I really enjoy political science thom would love to work like in a candidates campaign but there are a lot of job option for it. History, government, civics, sociology, are by far my best subjects in school. It's just something that really interests me. A lawyer is about equal to a doc in money and prestige.

Journalism is something that also slightly interests me cuz I like the new but hate writing with a passion so it's probably not for me.

Lots of thinking. Lots of option, my parents will support me on all of them. They could pay for most of my education and would but I really don't want them to if I can get scholarships. Nursing I can get any dozen of scholarships that's why I kind picked it.

Abbey Marie
01-10-2008, 01:49 PM
If you hate writing, skip the law school idea.

And if you hate a lot of studying and work, skip both the med school and law school ideas.

They both require an extremely high level of work and ambition.

LiberalNation
01-10-2008, 01:51 PM
I know, nursing is challenging but not that challenging and there is plenty of stable employment after you get your degree. That's why I'm doing it first but I still kinda want the option if I want to go further after getting my 4 year nursing degree.

LiberalNation
01-11-2008, 01:56 AM
Yea kitty is comin up to live with me when mom brings her tomorrow. She's a lil crazy cat and I'm glad she's declawed but still love and missed her.

Sitarro
01-11-2008, 02:25 AM
Choices, choices, just been thinking about my options.

My concern, is nursing something I really want to do. I picked it simply because I know I can do it if I do the work. I've always been good in being able to understand and remember what I read. Ace anatomy and all that from 3 years of health sciences in highschool. I enjoyed my clinical experiences at the hospitial and think it's a job I could handle and be content enough with but it really isn't my dream job or all I could be.

I could go a different route get a 4 year degree and then try for medical school but that's a lot of work, time, and money. An MD makes more money and has more prestige but is the medical field really where I want to go.

If you get Hillary care voted in, this will no longer be the case.

LiberalNation
01-11-2008, 02:51 AM
Shrugs, maybe, maybe not. If the money isn't there, there will be a shortage of doctors nationwide. No ones gona work that hard if they aren't going to get a good return from it.

KitchenKitten99
01-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Shrugs, maybe, maybe not. If the money isn't there, there will be a shortage of doctors nationwide. No ones gona work that hard if they aren't going to get a good return from it.

careful...you're starting to sound like a conservative! :laugh:

LiberalNation
01-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Heard back from the school, they want me to start tue. Sigh, all my free time is about to end.

Mr. P
01-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Heard back from the school, they want me to start tue. Sigh, all my free time is about to end.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Just wait until you're out on yer own with a real job..You ain't seen nuttin yet.

LiberalNation
01-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Some house pics since I was bored and wanted somethin to do.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture528.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture529-1.jpg

basement
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture516.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture522.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture520.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture533.jpg

Mr. P
01-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey, you have a swing set now, with a slide too! :poke:

Kathianne
01-13-2008, 05:46 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Just wait until you're out on yer own with a real job..You ain't seen nuttin yet.

Well unless she goes into teaching! ;)

LiberalNation
01-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Start my first full day at the new school tomorrow. No more sleepin all the time. Got lucky tho, since I didn't have a class that meshed for 1st period I don't hafta come to school till 2nd peirod. That good news, that freakin school starts at 7:30 in the morning.

LiberalNation
01-15-2008, 09:52 PM
1ST Period 7:35 - 8:40
2nd Period 8:45 - 9:35
3rd Period 9:40 - 10:30
4th Period 10:35 – 12:30
5th Period 12:35 -1:30
6th Period 1:35 - 2:25

1st lunch 10:35 – 11:00
2nd lunch 11:05 – 11:30
3rd lunch 11:35 – 12:00
4th lunch 12:05 – 12:30

manu1959
01-15-2008, 10:07 PM
poor baby five hours of school ...... wait till you have to work 10 12 hours days for the rest of your life......

LiberalNation
01-15-2008, 10:08 PM
I know.......

LiberalNation
01-16-2008, 11:30 PM
A tiny chance of snow late tonight and early tomorrow. Fingers crossed, even a little accumulation that doesn't melt will cancel school. It's gona be like 30 so it may be rain or melt on the roads but anyway. The little shreds of hope…….

Snow come thisaway.

2 am Chance of Snow 31
5 am Chance of Snow 30°
8 am Chance of Snow 29°
11 am Chance of Snow 32°

Mr. P
01-16-2008, 11:50 PM
A tiny chance of snow late tonight and early tomorrow. Fingers crossed, even a little accumulation that doesn't melt will cancel school. It's gona be like 30 so it may be rain or melt on the roads but anyway. The little shreds of hope…….

Snow come thisaway.

2 am Chance of Snow 31
5 am Chance of Snow 30°
8 am Chance of Snow 29°
11 am Chance of Snow 32°

Snow here early this afternoon..mostly freezing rain now.

LiberalNation
01-16-2008, 11:51 PM
I know, you guys are in the big system. It's missin us.

All the news has different temp readings and predictions. Assholes. I should really go to bed.

dan
01-16-2008, 11:53 PM
We got snow here tonight! Not very much, but enough to have a short snowball fight.:laugh2:

KitchenKitten99
01-17-2008, 10:53 AM
We got snow here tonight! Not very much, but enough to have a short snowball fight.:laugh2:

I would be happy to send you some of ours... you just have to pay for shipping though...

dan
01-17-2008, 01:05 PM
I would be happy to send you some of ours... you just have to pay for shipping though...

I would've liked it this morning, so I wouldn't have had to come to work. Alas, our white winter lasted all of 2 hours.

LiberalNation
01-17-2008, 02:32 PM
No snow, in school.

I need a proxy really bad. It wont let me access my email and I need to egt in touch with my mom about school stuff.

Things are messed up right now.

They have me in two classes then being bussed to a vocational school, problem this class doesn't mesh with the health sciences I had taken. I've already had the mna class and the 2 week work experience I just haven't tested off and got my CNA license. So I can't get credit for this class because I've already had it and would be doing what I already did. They want me to set up to take the test on my own and then either get to go home or work out some co-oping or whatever. So that means I'd just be going to school for two classes. 2nd and 3rd period.

All good but there's another problem. I need more credits then that to graduate to this new schools standards. They require 27. I need 4 more elective classes to get that. My other school only required 21. So I'm gona see if they take into account my transfer. They refuse to put me in a new class the middle of the way through because it's halfway done and why should I get a full credit for half a year in the class. Mess. I don't give a shit what they do really. I just want a diploma in may.

LiberalNation
01-17-2008, 10:03 PM
hmmm, rotc guy called and asked if I had recieved my acceptence letter and other info. Missed it, he left a message, hafta call him back. No I haven't got anything. We've changed adresses twice since I filled out that application. It's prolly lost somewhere.

Mr. P
01-17-2008, 10:19 PM
hmmm, rotc guy called and asked if I had recieved my acceptence letter and other info. Missed it, he left a message, hafta call him back. No I haven't got anything. We've changed adresses twice since I filled out that application. It's prolly lost somewhere.

But...he's got yer number. :slap:

LiberalNation
01-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Think I should call and make sure they know the knew address. Prolly a good idea, I like email a lot better than calling tho.

LiberalNation
01-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Got the ROTC thing. Accepted the scholarship pending the medical stuff.

Still working on the highschool schedule. I'm going to set up to take the CNA (certified nurse aid) test. Once I pass and since I'm only taking two classes I get credit for they said they planned on letting me leave early to get a nurse aid job and work. Cool, that means I actually get a paycheck. Can't be worse then going to class all day.

LiberalNation
01-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Mom and I met with the counsolor, got things with the schedule set. I have the kentucky min for graduation at 23 and 1/2 credits so there gona let me be a partial student with two classes a day then get a job and work the rest. There's a nursing home right here in town I could prolly get hired on at for part time work and if not the paper is full of CNA wanted adds. Lots of hospitals and nursing homes in this area.

LiberalNation
01-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Okay set up the MNA test to get my certification. Gona happen feb. 5, I need to get to studying. I have 26 skills to practice, they test you over 5 or 6.

LiberalNation
01-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Moving all the stuff into the new house today. Icky work.

Here's most of the guns we have sides the 3 pistols.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture543.jpg

Gald I'm not doing the heavy stuff. Brother and dad.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture539.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture540.jpg

Too much stuff.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture541.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture542.jpg

Yurt
01-26-2008, 07:59 PM
where do you live again? big yards and big houses. we don't see dem tings round these parts....

LiberalNation
01-26-2008, 08:04 PM
Kentucky. Yeah, lots of big yards and houses. Are house is just kinda medium. People build huge houses on pretty good sized lots near the roads so everybody can see.

Yurt
01-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Nice, I pay 1000/mo for a one bedroom downtown apt in SLO. Admittedly, I am on the top floor (2nd, wow, big in SLO) and have all four walls with windows. And I get to stomp the hell out of the poly students living underneath me....LOL. Idiots thought they had a "system" until I turned my up....hahahaha

LiberalNation
01-27-2008, 12:21 PM
So today I got to unload a bunch of kitchen crap and canned goods. To a pic of liquor for ya.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture544.jpg

Don't I just look so dangerous in a house coat with a crw bar. ;)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture546.jpg

LiberalNation
01-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Man no one does this exactly how it’s laid out. Again making things too complicated, easy stuff but they break it into what 22 separate steps that you hafta repeat back to them word for word as you actually do the skill and have to do all the stuff in the exact order laid out. An example of a skill we might be tested on and your gona do if you’re working a nursing home. I'm typin them all up to practice memorizing word for word since their gona be all perticulier about it.

Male perineal care.

1.knock, identify, greet, and all that.
2.raise the bed for good body mechanics
3.position resident on his back, remove the linens
4.fill a wash basin with warm water
5.put on gloves
6.place water proof pad under buttocks
7.retract the foreskin if the person is uncircumcised
8.grasp the penis
9.clean the tip, use circular motions, repeat as needed using clean part of washcloth each time.
10.rinse area with another washcloth
11.return foreskin to it’s natural position
12.clean the shaft of the penis, use firm downward strokes, rinse the area
13.Help person to flex knees and spread legs.
14.Clean the scrotum, rinse well, observe for redness and irritation in skin folds. ( by the way how exactly am I sposed to know what an old mans ball sack is supposed to normally look right barring serious stuff)
15.Pat penis and scrotum dry
16.help him lower legs, cover him and have him turn onto his side away from you, fold the bath blanket back between legs.
17.wash, rinse, and pat dry the anal area, wash from scrotum to anus with one stroke.
18.remove waterproof pad
19.remove/discard gloves
20.cover the resident with linens, remove the bath blanket.
21.lower bed, signal light in reach of resident.
22.Wash hands, report and record observations.

Mr. P
01-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Man no one does this exactly how it’s laid out. Again making things too complicated, easy stuff but they break it into what 22 separate steps that you hafta repeat back to them word for word as you actually do the skill and have to do all the stuff in the exact order laid out. An example of a skill we might be tested on and your gona do if you’re working a nursing home. I'm typin them all up to practice memorizing word for word since their gona be all perticulier about it.

Male perineal care.

1.knock, identify, greet, and all that.
2.raise the bed for good body mechanics
3.position resident on his back, remove the linens
4.fill a wash basin with warm water
5.put on gloves
6.place water proof pad under buttocks
7.retract the foreskin if the person is uncircumcised
8.grasp the penis
9.clean the tip, use circular motions, repeat as needed using clean part of washcloth each time.
10.rinse area with another washcloth
11.return foreskin to it’s natural position
12.clean the shaft of the penis, use firm downward strokes, rinse the area
13.Help person to flex knees and spread legs.
14.Clean the scrotum, rinse well, observe for redness and irritation in skin folds. ( by the way how exactly am I sposed to know what an old mans ball sack is supposed to normally look right barring serious stuff)
16.help him lower legs, cover him and have him turn onto his side away from you, fold the bath blanket back between legs.
17.wash, rinse, and pat dry the anal area, wash from scrotum to anus with one stroke.
18.remove waterproof pad
19.remove/discard gloves
20.cover the resident with linens, remove the bath blanket.
21.lower bed, signal light in reach of resident.
22.Wash hands, report and record observations.

A good example of why I want to die at home.

Classact
01-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Is this where you go to bitch... the complaints department? Well yesterday was my wives birthday but she had to go to school and had to wake up at 6:00AM. When she returned we decided it was family time and a great excuse to go do something together and then have dinner out. We almost didn't make it out of our community because the politicians were having a rally on the main route out of town. So we finally get out of town and go to this place http://escape.topuertorico.com/pr-bin/brow.cgi?ecard=MS0663

it is a park that was created following the destruction of a coastline railroad... the place is pretty cool with lots of tunnels to walk through. The afternoon was very nice and there was live music, people dancing and the food vendors were offering up lobster pinchos (shish kabobs) but our sons couldn't agree on eating lobster... so off to the restaurant we go after our trek on the beach with a great appetite. The restaurant was pretty full and they had the thermostat turned down to 68F and before our food came my wife and youngest son caught a chill and had to go outside to warm up... the food arrived as they returned to the table and as they finished their meal they were chattering and ready to leave.

All and all the meal was very good and my wife had a nice birthday and we were ready to go home. As we approached our town there were long lines of traffic... many cars were doing K turns giving up and turning around... the damned political rally... thousands of people with flags and blaring music had filled the road and in one stretch had parked in one lane of traffic causing a major traffic jam... the police set up a defile and was alternating traffic right through the middle of the crowd that had formed on both sides of the street and in the street... an hour later we were parting the sea of people at 3MPH and my son tells me, did you know you almost ran over a woman's hand? It seems she had dropped her flag along the side of our car and picked it up just in front of the back tires rubbing her shoulder on the car doing it.

No more outings on the weekend for the rest of the year... politics just make it too difficult.

LiberalNation
01-28-2008, 10:35 AM
That sucks, we don't have any rallies here really. Not even political commercial, haven't seen but one all year. Yeah this is where I got to bitch but you can come bitch too if ya want.

jimnyc
01-28-2008, 10:40 AM
What's with the crow bar there, baby dyke? :coffee:

You gonna kick some ass cause you were getting your picture taken? And is that your alcohol? Who drinks the Kentucky whiskey?

LiberalNation
01-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Well it's the alcohol in the house. I don't drink the whiskey, sometimes a lil tequila but that's about it. Don't hardly drink compared to most teens.

jimnyc
01-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Well it's the alcohol in the house. I don't drink the whiskey, sometimes a lil tequila but that's about it. Don't hardly drink compared to most teens.

Wuss!! Drink some more, maybe you'll get beer goggles and find us men more attractive!

dan
01-28-2008, 11:20 AM

You know, I didn't dry off too well when I got out of the shower today, I'd be more than happy to let you train for this step on me.:dance:

Mr. P
01-28-2008, 11:56 AM
You know, I didn't dry off too well when I got out of the shower today, I'd be more than happy to let you train for this step on me.:dance:

A pat may hurt...I choose the blow dry!

LiberalNation
01-28-2008, 01:31 PM
lol

Two more hours to go before I'm home. Hate school, so boring.

LiberalNation
01-28-2008, 02:07 PM
1 more hour. Can't wait till they let me sign out of school and work. At least your doing something and earning some cash.

LiberalNation
01-29-2008, 09:15 AM
God my abs are sore. Did set ups yesterday when my brother convinced me to work out with him since he got the weight bench set up. Arms and shoulders are sore too but there's nothing worse then sore abs.

Classact
01-29-2008, 01:14 PM
God my abs are sore. Did set ups yesterday when my brother convinced me to work out with him since he got the weight bench set up. Arms and shoulders are sore too but there's nothing worse then sore abs.This is a link to the Army field manual for physical training and it contains tons of info that could help you and your brother as you work out. http://www.physicallytrained.com/info/handbook-6-the-road-to-fitness.shtml

I was in charge of PT for out of shape soldiers at Ft. Lee VA and we started out with very low reps and worked up over time. The key to increasing reps without getting too sore is to do different exercises every other day, this allows your muscles time to exhaust the broken cells... for examples work on stomach on M-W-F and legs or arms on the odd days until you are in shape. Add only one or two reps each cycle. Once you are in shape you can work your body completely every day. Most people who work dead weights use the alternating days with other gym machines that work completely different muscles even when they are in great shape.

LiberalNation
01-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Yeah I alternate days, today I'm running and not doing any weights or sit ups. I'll hafta take the physical fitness test for ROTC in a few months. 2 mile run, sit ups and push ups. I read the standards of what I need, almost got enough sit ups, they only make females hafta do 19 in two minutes I think. Running I have only done a mile so far but I really just started and hate running with a passion, sit ups, I'm working on and will be there soon also.

Classact
01-29-2008, 01:36 PM
Yeah I alternate days, today I'm running and not doing any weights or sit ups. I'll hafta take the physical fitness test for ROTC in a few months. 2 mile run, sit ups and push ups. I read the standards of what I need, almost got enough sit ups, they only make females hafta do 19 in two minutes I think. Running I have only done a mile so far but I really just started and hate running with a passion, sit ups, I'm working on and will be there soon also.Go swimming as often as you can, you can get in shape accidentally if you swim regularly... it just makes every exercise from stretching to push ups and running easier... guess because you never feel you are sweating or heat up as much as other forms of exercise.

LiberalNation
01-29-2008, 05:37 PM
That might work if there's a pool close, the Y's a long drive.

My brother joined the highschool football team today. He's and 8th grader will be a a freshman next football season, 4years younger than me. They do weightlifting in the fall, they kicked his ass with sprints and squats in practice today but he loves the lifting. Pretty big guy for just being 14, taller and quite a bit bigger than. Few more inches and he'll reach 6 foot. Thinks he's all that now that he's growing a bit, likes to lift me up and carry me over his shoulder when I pick on him. I'm only 115 pounds and 5"6 or 7.

Classact
01-30-2008, 04:50 AM
We usually wake at 6:10AM to start the day and yesterday I went to bed early because I was pissed at the FL voting results... anyway I woke up at what I thought was 6:00 when the grandfather chimed... guess I can't count early in the morning... made coffee and woke the wife and asked her if she had the day off or what? I was turning the washing machine on and waking my youngest son for school when she stumbled out and informed me it was 5:15AM... Guess I didn't make any points today.

LiberalNation
01-30-2008, 10:49 AM
LOL I've done that before but normally it's like 6 at night, and I think it's morning after waking up from a nap.

Blah, boring day, and still have 5 more hours to go at least. My abs are still sore. So bothersome cuz your always usin your stomach muscles from stretching to yawning to bending.

Classact
01-30-2008, 12:22 PM
LOL I've done that before but normally it's like 6 at night, and I think it's morning after waking up from a nap.

Blah, boring day, and still have 5 more hours to go at least. My abs are still sore. So bothersome cuz your always usin your stomach muscles from stretching to yawning to bending.I'm so out of shape and I walk every morning so to transition into pushups and doing squats I stop at the parallel bars on the track and do leaning pushups on one of the pipes and then do deep knee bends supporting myself on the rib high pipe. There a a number of stations with different exercising platforms and I alternate them every other day.

The weather is great here this time of year usually around 70F at 7:30 when I start and then not hotter than 82F in the afternoon. In the fall it can be 85F and humid at the same time of day so I take advantage of this wonderful weather so I can have endurance for the muggy weather. Good luck with your sore muscles... maybe some of those over the counter pills, Aleve may help so you can continue.

LiberalNation
01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Not hurting that bad that it slows me down any. Being slightly sore is just annoying. Home free for the day.

Mr. P
01-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Not hurting that bad that it slows me down any. Being slightly sore is just annoying. Home free for the day.

The soreness is caused by lactic acid accumulation in the muscles. Two ways to get rid of it: 1. Time..for the body to just naturally do it. 2. easy exercise...to expedite the process.

Classact
01-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Not hurting that bad that it slows me down any. Being slightly sore is just annoying. Home free for the day.then get on down and give me twenty! :lol:

Do some light workouts like lifting your heals two inches...

Holding your arms out horizontally in front and then to your sides doing small circles in different directions... then large circles and then over your head strait up doing the same... then wait an hour and do it again in the opposite direction...

Do the heal lifts on a stair step after you do it on a flat floor for a few days... you will find new muscles.

LiberalNation
02-07-2008, 12:08 PM
So I told ya I only have two classes a day. Well I turned in an application for a local nursing hometoday and they gave me an interview right away which was a suprise. Tough one too, but anyway I think I may have landed mysef a job which will bring my break time to an end. 9 dollars an hour and ten on weekends with working every other weekend required. Pretty good money but workng as a nursing aid is hard work.

Took my test ysterday to be certified, don't know if I passed, results back in 3 to 4 weeks.

LiberalNation
02-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Hey I just ran a mile and a quarter not counting the walking time. Pretty sad but it's my best so far. I call this ever so slowly building up.

LiberalNation
02-11-2008, 12:39 PM
News is saying a good chance of snow tonight. Everybodies doin their snow dance and sayin snow prayers. The weather guy ought to be shot if he's wrong again after getting all our hopes up.

Snow...........come thisaway.

dan
02-11-2008, 01:21 PM
News is saying a good chance of snow tonight. Everybodies doin their snow dance and sayin snow prayers. The weather guy ought to be shot if he's wrong again after getting all our hopes up.

Snow...........come thisaway.

:gives:

:D

LiberalNation
02-11-2008, 01:25 PM
:gives:

Me of course.

dan
02-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Me of course.

Fair enough! :)

Classact
02-11-2008, 01:37 PM
I caught a cold yesterday afternoon and was going from room to room closing windows since I felt cold. No one said a thing and then I closed the door at 9:00PM and my wife looks at me and says, your sick aren't you? I responded, no, it's just cool tonight and she says, let me go mark the calendar that you said it was cold. Anyway, I woke up in the middle of the night with a stuffy nose and raspy throat. I bitched all morning and then went out and cut the freaking grass pissing and moaning the whole time. Monday's suck!

LiberalNation
02-11-2008, 04:50 PM
It's starting to snow. Nothing much right now but give it a few hours.

jimnyc
02-11-2008, 04:53 PM
It's starting to snow. Nothing much right now but give it a few hours.

Do you shovel when you get a lot of snow?

LiberalNation
02-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Like we never get a lot of snow. Probably get 1 or two inches tonight.

jimnyc
02-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Like we never get a lot of snow. Probably get 1 or two inches tonight.

Try moving to the Northeast. When you get a few storms of 10 or more inches per year and have to spend 3 hours shoveling that crap, you'll change your mind! I just pay the little bastards that walk around with shovels now. $20 and no backache the next day!

LiberalNation
02-11-2008, 09:06 PM
lol well may be some shovelin. Snows really coming down. We have almost 3 inches now, school will be closed tomorrow and if we get real lucky the day after.

Classact
02-12-2008, 10:26 AM
When I was stationed at Ft Carson Colorado we had a blizzard on April 15th and my neighbor decided to park his car between the apartments out of the wind and the next day the snow was ten feet deep between the apartments. He had to dig a ditch through the snow some forty yards to uncover his car... he had to carry the snow away because it was too deep to throw out of the ditch. I left my car on the street and only had to shovel the snow plow snow away to be free to drive... days later the neighbor finally had his car free.

LiberalNation
02-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Got the job at the close nursing home. Part-time too, $9 an hour, go for my drug test tomorrow, start the 24.

LiberalNation
02-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Last night was terrible. Went to bed, woke up about two with the chills and my throat on fire. Got up and fell back in bed, then finally got up and got some water, walking back I fainted in the kitchen floor, then spent thirty minutes calling for the family for someone to help me back to bed, mom took my temp, 103.8. Then I got hot, felt like I was on fire for about and hour before I fell back to sleep. Woke up again at 4 soaked in sweat, like my shirt was literly dripping so I changed and went back to sleep. Woke up this morning and the fever broke, feeling a lot better. Was gona have a physical today and they went ahead and did some blood work and throat swab for the flu and mono. Strep throat was negative.

Kathianne
02-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Last night was terrible. Went to bed, woke up about two with the chills and my throat on fire. Got up and fell back in bed, then finally got up and got some water, walking back I fainted in the kitchen floor, then spent thirty minutes calling for the family for someone to help me back to bed, mom took my temp, 103.8. Then I got hot, felt like I was on fire for about and hour before I fell back to sleep. Woke up again at 4 soaked in sweat, like my shirt was literly dripping so I changed and went back to sleep. Woke up this morning and the fever broke, feeling a lot better. Was gona have a physical today and they went ahead and did some blood work and throat swab for the flu and mono. Strep throat was negative.

Sounds like mono. Are your glands swollen? My daughter had that in senior year of high school, missed 3 weeks of school.

LiberalNation
02-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Yeah glands are swollen. Had a sore throat and snot in my throat for about 4 weeks now. First time I spiked a temp tho.

Kathianne
02-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah glands are swollen. Had a sore throat and snot in my throat for about 4 weeks now. First time I spiked a temp tho.

She had been feeling 'tired', but kept up her hectic pace, till, collapse. Then when doc said, "Mono, bedrest", she literally slept for days-waking up for juice and soup. After a week, she was could stay awake a couple hours, then back to sleep. Her's was bad, sounds like yours may be too. Good luck!

LiberalNation
02-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Hope not, I've been worn out but had plenty of time to rest when my parents weren't yellin at me to "get my ass outa that bed". I don't try and keep a hard schedule.

DragonStryk72
02-18-2008, 05:06 PM
But isn't this what liberalism strives for? Having guv'mint experts make choices for you?
I'd think you'd be happy.

Except that this is a part of No Child Left Behind, Glock, a major Bush item from his first campaign, so yeah, not so much with the liberal thing

LiberalNation
02-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Man my fever just came back.

Back started aching and I got chilled, only 100 tho and I just took some tylonal. Now I can't take a hot bath for the aching muscles. What's with fevers and coming on worse at night.

Kathianne
02-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Man my fever just came back.

Back started aching and I got chilled, only 100 tho and I just took some tylonal. Now I can't take a hot bath for the aching muscles. What's with fevers and coming on worse at night.

When do you get the results? I'm feeling for you. It was the sickest I've ever seen my daughter.

LiberalNation
02-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Next wen or thursday she said.

Kathianne
02-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Next wen or thursday she said.

Well now just get in bed, drink juice and sleep. My guess is the guess is right. If not strep, sure sounds like mono.

LiberalNation
02-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Went to school today sick but mom wanted to talk to the principle and I done missed too many days. He said I skipped 2 days in a row, I said I didn't, wouldn't tell my mom anything cuz I'm 18 and she ain't allowed to know anymore. Pissed my mom off and she kinda told him off saying they'd been jerking me around. Wish she hadn't made him mad, he thinks I'm a liar and is going to come down hard on me now because of it. Basic school prick. I wouldn't have skipped two days in a row, I don't think I'm lying, I honestly don't remember just not coming to school two days in a row. 12 more weeks of hell now, their gona be out to prove anyway I'm a bad kid and they're right. Lucky mom could get ahold of my dad when she was mad and piss him off, he'd want to tell the principle a thing or two and their personalities would clash.

LiberalNation
02-19-2008, 08:48 PM
God my chest and back hurt everytime I breath.

Kathianne
02-19-2008, 08:51 PM
God my chest and back hurt everytime I breath.

I'm not trying to be judgmental here, but why weren't you at home today, sleeping? Temp last night, rule of thumb is 24 hours without temperature relievers?

LiberalNation
02-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Mom made me and read post 389. I'm already dealing with a principle my mom pissed off who thinks I'm a liar and a skipper. Stress on top of being sick, could be nerves making my breathing difficult, I don't know. Never had trouble in school before. Kept asking what i was doing skipping those days when I don't no anybody to be riding around with while staring me down.

Going to start work tomorrow at the nursing home. Can't put it off.

Kathianne
02-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Mom made me and read post 389. I'm already dealing with a principle my mom pissed off who thinks I'm a liar and a skipper. Stress on top of being sick, could be nerves making my breathing difficult, I don't know. Never had trouble in school before. Kept asking what i was doing skipping those days when I don't no anybody to be riding around with while staring me down.

Going to start work tomorrow at the nursing home. Can't put it off.

I can understand your thinking. If it IS mono, you'll be out, not matter how strong your will.

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/infections/common/viral/077.html

Does mono have any complications?
Sometimes. The main serious concern with mono is that the spleen will enlarge and even rupture (tear open). The spleen is like a large gland. It's located in the upper part of your abdomen on the left side. It helps filter your blood.

Although a ruptured spleen is rare in people with mono, it's wise to be aware of the signs and call your doctor right away if you notice any of them. Signs of a ruptured spleen include pain in the left upper part of your abdomen (under the left chest), feeling lightheaded, feeling like your heart is beating fast and hard, bleeding more easily than usual and having trouble breathing.

Can mono be cured?
No. But mono will go away on its own. Symptoms usually last about 4 weeks.

Return to top
How is mono treated?
The main point of treatment is to relieve your symptoms. The following list includes tips on treatment:

* Rest.
* Drink plenty of fluids.
* If you have a sore throat, gargle with salt water, or suck on throat
lozenges, hard candy or flavored frozen desserts (such as Popsicles).
* You may want to take acetaminophen (one brand name: Tylenol) or
ibuprofen (some brand names: Advil, Motrin, Nuprin) to relieve pain and
fever. Do not give aspirin to children. Aspirin should be avoided because
it has been associated with a disease called Reye's syndrome in
children. Reye's syndrome is a serious illness that can lead to death.

Antibiotics like penicillin are of no help in mono. Mono is caused by a virus, and antibiotics don't work against viruses. If you have a bacterial infection in addition to having mono, your doctor may give you an antibiotic.

Avoid sports, activities or exercise of any kind until your doctor tells you it's safe. Moving around too much puts you at risk of rupturing your spleen. You need to avoid physical activities for about 3 to 4 weeks after the infection starts.

LiberalNation
02-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Oh test did show I had mono about 6 weeks ago but it's not acute anymore. Feeling better now.

Ahhhh, home. My feets hurt and legs and back. Started my first real day on the job at the nursing home.

So what I did today. Passed out food trays which are heavy as anything, fed residents, gave one a shower and got soaked. Then when I was drying her off she had a BM on the floor and I had to clean that up and rewash her. Pulled people up in bed, used the maxi lift for the first time, emptied catheter bags, took out trash, cleaned shower room, more feeding, wheeling people around. Some of those chairs are freakin heavy and hard to push. Yes i think I'll bitch everyday from now on until I stop this job in the fall. 5 months, sheesh.

Kathianne
02-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Oh test did show I had mono about 6 weeks ago but it's not acute anymore. Feeling better now.

Ahhhh, home. My feets hurt and legs and back. Started my first real day on the job at the nursing home.

So what I did today. Passed out food trays which are heavy as anything, fed residents, gave one a shower and got soaked. Then when I was drying her off she had a BM on the floor and I had to clean that up and rewash her. Pulled people up in bed, used the maxi lift for the first time, emptied catheter bags, took out trash, cleaned shower room, more feeding, wheeling people around. Some of those chairs are freakin heavy and hard to push. Yes i think I'll bitch everyday from now on until I stop this job in the fall. 5 months, sheesh.
Glad to hear. Hope there are no repercussions.

dan
02-25-2008, 08:21 PM
she had a BM on the floor and I had to clean that up.

:lol:

Glad to hear you're feeling better, though.

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 10:10 PM

Have you been hanging around Dan again? :laugh2:

dan
02-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Have you been hanging around Dan again? :laugh2:

:hitit: :cool:

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 10:24 PM

You have the wrong plumbing................

nevadamedic
02-25-2008, 10:25 PM

And she is just a baby.

dan
02-25-2008, 10:44 PM
And she is just a baby.

She knows I'm just joking. ;)

LiberalNation
02-26-2008, 12:20 AM
Arms are so sore, I went to bed as soon as I got home at 8, just woke up. This is gona kill me, asking for part-time asap.

dan
02-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Arms are so sore, I went to bed as soon as I got home at 8, just woke up. This is gona kill me, asking for part-time asap.

Don't you have to complete a certain amount of hours? Switching to part-time would just prolong your having to do this, no? But, I guess it would be easier on the day-to-day.

LiberalNation
03-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Man I played in poop all day today, got real lucky on one tho. They brought her in from a shower when I was finishing making her bed, I walk out to get a fresh pillow-case and she diarheas all over everywhere. Both the aids in there had shit all over their shoes and bottom of their pants legs, if I had been in there i would got it too. Then they had to clean it all up off the floor, huge puddle, stunk so bad.

The Reverend
03-06-2008, 09:06 PM
It just gets to me how much society has changed and not for the better. Used to be when someone did something wrong people were suprised NOW people are suprised when someone does something honest.

Have we as people degenerated that much? I thought that as we grew in intelligence, knowledge, and as the human race we were supposed to get better. If this is better then I don't want it.

dan
03-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Man I played in poop all day today, got real lucky on one tho. They brought her in from a shower when I was finishing making her bed, I walk out to get a fresh pillow-case and she diarheas all over everywhere. Both the aids in there had shit all over their shoes and bottom of their pants legs, if I had been in there i would got it too. Then they had to clean it all up off the floor, huge puddle, stunk so bad.

This thread has taken a turn for the hot!

Giggity-goo!

LiberalNation
03-06-2008, 11:37 PM
lol, get shit on by some old lady and see if you still thinks it's hot. You can certainly come on and play with us in it. Rules tho, no gagging/puking/or turning away. Can't embaress the resident now.

Mr. P
03-06-2008, 11:47 PM
lol, get shit on by some old lady and see if you still thinks it's hot. You can certainly come on and play with us in it. Rules tho, no gagging/puking/or turning away. Can't embaress the resident now.

And they shouldn't. No need to tear away what little dignity these folks still have left. I have great respect for anyone that cares for our elderly with respect for who they are, who they were and who we will all be someday (if we're lucky).

dan
03-07-2008, 12:33 AM
lol, get shit on by some old lady and see if you still thinks it's hot.

I'm sure it's at least warm when it first comes out. BARF!

Seriously, I don't know how you do it, but I'm glad there are people like you who are willing to do it. You've definitely got my respect. For whatever that's worth.:laugh2:

LiberalNation
03-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Sigh more diarrhea today. This time I was cleaning up a guy who had got it all over, thru the brief, pad, and on the sheet & blanket, rolled him to wipe his butt and he went again all in my hand and all over the new pad and sheet, gross, you learn to breath solely out your mouth at this job. Couldn't help but gag this time when it happened. He didn't get totally clean but the best we (another aid was in with me) could do.

LiberalNation
03-10-2008, 07:53 PM
9 more weeks till I graduate highschool. Free at last, free at last, I am almost free at last.

Also got my first credit card today. Don't really need it with a debit card but my parents want me to use it to buy gas so i can build up some credit history.

CockySOB
03-10-2008, 08:05 PM
9 more weeks till I graduate highschool. Free at last, free at last, I am almost free at last.

Also got my first credit card today. Don't really need it with a debit card but my parents want me to use it to buy gas so i can build up some credit history.

Just pay it off religiously... and not just the minimum monthlies, the WHOLE thing.

Mr. P
03-10-2008, 08:13 PM

Just pay it off religiously... and not just the minimum monthlies, the WHOLE thing.

Get rid of the debit card and use the credit card. But, use it as a "charge" card not a "credit" card which goes with what Cocky said, pay it ALL off every month.

LiberalNation
03-20-2008, 08:10 PM
In shit up to my elbows today literally. Everybody had running bowls. Had to change this one mean old guy, he slapped my ass and grabbed at the other aids boobs while we were doing it. Plus cursing, we told the nurse and he cussed her too, always get the nurse when they're acting like that. Then church straight after work. Sigh, home now tho.

LiberalNation
03-23-2008, 09:49 AM
So spent like 9 hours in church yesterday. Sucked, got confirmed as a catholic and first communion tho. The Easter mass it's self was 3 and 1/2 hours, longest anybody had ever been too, They baptized like 20 people and took forever. I've had enough church to last me a good long time now. Wont be back anytime soon.

the church

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture748.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture747.jpg

the preist
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture750.jpg

Atleast we got to play with some fire.

Lighting of new fire out in the frigid cold, took forever.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture753.jpg

LN was ready to catch some people on fire with her lil candle.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture754.jpg

Here's me, I played with the camera thru half of it.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture764.jpg

LiberalNation
03-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Look what the cat brought home. Didn't figure her for a mouser till today, nice kill kitty. She done munched it down now.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture783.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture787.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture780.jpg

Mr. P
03-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Is that the cat that was shot? I don't remember reading how that came out.

LiberalNation
03-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Nah the cat that was shot is fine, snoozing on my bed right now. This pic is of an outside cat. Think it officially belongs to my neighbors but she spends a good amount of time at our house and I feed her treats and scraps sometimes.

Mr. P
03-23-2008, 02:22 PM
Nah the cat that was shot is fine, snoozing on my bed right now. This pic is of an outside cat. Think it officially belongs to my neighbors but she spends a good amount of time at our house and I feed her treats and scraps sometimes.

Glad to hear it.

LiberalNation
03-24-2008, 06:58 PM
lol that cat done caught her another mouse and is chowing it down now. Good cat, we'd be over run I'm guessin without her kills.

Abbey Marie
03-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Seems like there would be mouse-flavored cat food.

LiberalNation
03-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Hmmmmm, but then people buy the food and consider mice/rats dirty.

Signed up for for freshman college orientation june 2/3. $125 bucks but you get it all done in one swoop. Mandatory either way.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Freshman Orientation

Time Event
7:30 am Math Placement Testing
8:45 Welcome
9:45 – 10:05 First Year Initiatives
10:05 – 10:30 Financing Your Education/Metropolitan College
10:30 – 11:20 SOS groups and tour
11:30 – 12:15 Academic Expectations
12:30 – 1:30 Lunch
1:45 – 2:35 Your Choice Interest Sessions (Must pick 1)
Major Exploration, REACH, Career Track Talks (Health Professions, Social Sciences review,
Business Profession, Graduate School Prep, Engineering Careers), Non A & S Honors
Meeting, Student Advocate Services
2:45 – 3:35 Your Choice Interest Sessions (Must pick 1)
Why Go Greek, Service Learning & Leadership, Residence Life, Commuter Services,
Student Health, Making the Connection, REACH Ambassadors
3:45 – 4:20 SOS groups
4:30 – 4:45 Campus Security
4:45 – 5:00 What’s next this summer…what do we do after orientation?
5:00 Dismiss parents to campus tours
Students take “Letter” picture
5:30 – 6:45 Rolling Dinner (End of Parent Program)
7:15 – 8:30 Real World (Students Only)
8:30 Breakin’ it Down (Students Only)
9:00 – 10:45 Evening Entertainment (Student Participants Only)
10:45 – 11:15 SOS regroup and final prep for Academic Focus-Day 2

Day Two Students Only

7:30 am Final questions for Non A & S Honors students
8:00 Last round of testing-must have permission to use this opportunity
8:15 – 9:00 University Assessment
9:00 – 10:45 Group A-Academic Advising
Group B-Cardinal Challenge & SOS Advising Tips
11:00 – 12:45 Group B-Academic Advising
Group A-Cardinal Challenge & SOS Advising Wrap Up
12:45 – 1:30 Lunch-Student Organization Information Fair
1:45 – 2:15Final questions for SOSers and Academic Units
2:30 Cardinal Challenge Early Registration
2:45 All Student Registration

Mr. P
03-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Hmmmmm, but then people buy the food and consider mice/rats dirty.

Signed up for for freshman college orientation june 2/3. $125 bucks but you get it all done in one swoop. Mandatory either way.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Freshman Orientation

Time Event
7:30 am Math Placement Testing
8:45 Welcome
9:45 – 10:05 First Year Initiatives
10:05 – 10:30 Financing Your Education/Metropolitan College
10:30 – 11:20 SOS groups and tour
11:30 – 12:15 Academic Expectations
12:30 – 1:30 Lunch
1:45 – 2:35 Your Choice Interest Sessions (Must pick 1)
Major Exploration, REACH, Career Track Talks (Health Professions, Social Sciences review,
Business Profession, Graduate School Prep, Engineering Careers), Non A & S Honors
Meeting, Student Advocate Services
2:45 – 3:35 Your Choice Interest Sessions (Must pick 1)
Why Go Greek, Service Learning & Leadership, Residence Life, Commuter Services,
Student Health, Making the Connection, REACH Ambassadors
3:45 – 4:20 SOS groups
4:30 – 4:45 Campus Security
4:45 – 5:00 What’s next this summer…what do we do after orientation?
5:00 Dismiss parents to campus tours
Students take “Letter” picture
5:30 – 6:45 Rolling Dinner (End of Parent Program)
7:15 – 8:30 Real World (Students Only)
8:30 Breakin’ it Down (Students Only)
9:00 – 10:45 Evening Entertainment (Student Participants Only)
10:45 – 11:15 SOS regroup and final prep for Academic Focus-Day 2

Day Two Students Only

7:30 am Final questions for Non A & S Honors students
8:00 Last round of testing-must have permission to use this opportunity
8:15 – 9:00 University Assessment
9:00 – 10:45 Group A-Academic Advising
Group B-Cardinal Challenge & SOS Advising Tips
11:00 – 12:45 Group B-Academic Advising
Group A-Cardinal Challenge & SOS Advising Wrap Up
12:45 – 1:30 Lunch-Student Organization Information Fair
1:45 – 2:15Final questions for SOSers and Academic Units
2:30 Cardinal Challenge Early Registration
2:45 All Student Registration

Mr. P would never be at day 1 as a student or parent.

Day 2 is reasonable.

LiberalNation
03-24-2008, 11:05 PM
LOL, yeah I'd prefer not to have to do all the extra "crap" but you don't get a choice.

mrg666
03-24-2008, 11:50 PM
ive not looked at this for a while now , and have just caught up.
i gotta say it's very interesting im not sure if that makes me a sad act :laugh2:

Pale Rider
03-25-2008, 12:16 AM
So spent like 9 hours in church yesterday. Sucked, got confirmed as a catholic and first communion tho. The Easter mass it's self was 3 and 1/2 hours, longest anybody had ever been too, They baptized like 20 people and took forever. I've had enough church to last me a good long time now. Wont be back anytime soon.

the church

Now that you're this much closer to God, maybe this would be a good time to denounce your perverse sexual exploits and mend your ways... :dunno:

LiberalNation
03-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Man my right shoulder is killing me. At nursing homes they don't have the automatic beds, we have to crank them with a lever to move the head and foot up and down. Hard to do especially when you have someone heavy in the bed. Could be the lifting to I guess, lifted like 3 people from chair to bed by myself yesterday.

LiberalNation
04-26-2008, 10:49 PM
What a fuckin day at work.

Okay so we go in and everybody is arguing which hall they’ll work. I’m not but prolly should have, get stuck on the worst hall in the entire facility. We start out, getting people up for supper, call lights goin off left and right, everybody’s dirty cuz first shift didn’t get them changed, had a hell of a time with it all, lots of full bed changes cuz someone didn’t pad then enough, then supper ends hafta get them all back into bed and changed again, call lights still going off like crazy, lazy ass nurses who wont do shit to help, then we hafta give to of the worst people showers. Heavy as anything, stiff as boards, and wants a yeller. 250 pounds of dead wait is hard to lift, specially when the persons trying to hit you while your doing it. Lady screamed at the top of her lungs the whole time. You get soaked yourself doing showers and came out with soggy shoes. More rounds. We have half of another hall now cuz a girl went home. Go in to check on them on last rounds and a lady is bleeding like crazy, blood all over the bed, poop as well, hafta get the nurse then do a full bed change. Finally done and hafta take to garbage’s out to the dumpster by myself. They were too heavy, couldn’t heft them so had to lift at the bottom. Trash juice (piss, blood, bowel, puss) comes streaming out all down both my arms and right leg. Get soaked in the shit. Then I hafta go back and take the empty garbage can back to the hall. Clock out, 30 minutes late, then strip down outside my car and drive home with no pants or shoes. Just finished and good shower. Man fuck this job and this company. I’m giving my notice after next paycheck and finding another job like the rest of the aids around here.

Mr. P
04-26-2008, 11:21 PM
What a fuckin day at work.

Okay so we go in and everybody is arguing which hall they’ll work. I’m not but prolly should have, get stuck on the worst hall in the entire facility. We start out, getting people up for supper, call lights goin off left and right, everybody’s dirty cuz first shift didn’t get them changed, had a hell of a time with it all, lots of full bed changes cuz someone didn’t pad then enough, then supper ends hafta get them all back into bed and changed again, call lights still going off like crazy, lazy ass nurses who wont do shit to help, then we hafta give to of the worst people showers. Heavy as anything, stiff as boards, and wants a yeller. 250 pounds of dead wait is hard to lift, specially when the persons trying to hit you while your doing it. Lady screamed at the top of her lungs the whole time. You get soaked yourself doing showers and came out with soggy shoes. More rounds. We have half of another hall now cuz a girl went home. Go in to check on them on last rounds and a lady is bleeding like crazy, blood all over the bed, poop as well, hafta get the nurse then do a full bed change. Finally done and hafta take to garbage’s out to the dumpster by myself. They were too heavy, couldn’t heft them so had to lift at the bottom. Trash juice (piss, blood, bowel, puss) comes streaming out all down both my arms and right leg. Get soaked in the shit. Then I hafta go back and take the empty garbage can back to the hall. Clock out, 30 minutes late, then strip down outside my car and drive home with no pants or shoes. Just finished and good shower. Man fuck this job and this company. I’m giving my notice after next paycheck and finding another job like the rest of the aids around here.

I pray to die in my sleep at home.

LiberalNation
04-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Good idea, save someone the hassle of takin care of your most basic functions.

LiberalNation
04-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Got my graduation annoucements in today. Now I'm not actually going to my graduation but i thought I'd send them out and see if I could get any money back. Ya'll should all donate towards my college. LN needs a new laptop..........

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture1153.jpg

LiberalNation
04-29-2008, 07:21 PM
and in other news I finally went thru a bunch of phone calling and have gotten to the point where I can actually call and schedule my medical exam for the rotc thing. Put it off a long time and now I need to hurry up but should get it all finished by the deadline.

hjmick
04-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Got my graduation annoucements in today. Now I'm not actually going to my graduation but i thought I'd send them out and see if I could get any money back. Ya'll should all donate towards my college. LN needs a new laptop..........

Pffft...once Obama is elected the government will provide for you. :poke: :coffee: :lmao:

LiberalNation
04-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Job offered me a 500 dollar bonus if I would work till June 1. Me and three other girls on second shift quit at the same time, they got the offer too. Gossip spread like wildfire thru the facility.

Fuck I didn't want a offer, I wanted to quit, can't decide whether to take it or not.

Pale Rider
04-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Job offered me a 500 dollar bonus if I would work till June 1. Me and three other girls on second shift quit at the same time, they got the offer too. Gossip spread like wildfire thru the facility.

Fuck I didn't want a offer, I wanted to quit, can't decide whether to take it or not.

I don't know... judging by what you described above, the bonus to keep me working there would have to start out in the seven figure range...

Believe it or not, after I read that, I gathered some new respect for you.

LiberalNation
04-30-2008, 10:29 PM
work today was just as bad. Had the same two ladies for showers. they shit the whole time, then again on the floor of their rooms, we nearly dropped the 200 pound screamer, just made without getting covered in shit ourselves, everybody had dirrhea today, fuckin sucked. Got out on time tho, was working with a girl who works really fast.

I only got a lil shit on my arm from a diaper I was throwing away, nothing major bad today. I only have like 14 more full work days if I stay till june first. We'll see..........

Mr. P
04-30-2008, 10:29 PM

One month and there's yer puter. Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do.

LiberalNation
04-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Shit my parents would buy me it for a graduation gift if I asked enough. They just bought me a $6000 bike and pay my insurance for my car and it both. Money ain't that big of an issue.

Mr. P
04-30-2008, 10:34 PM
work today was just as bad. Had the same two ladies for showers. they shit the whole time, then again on the floor of their rooms, we nearly dropped the 200 pound screamer, just made without getting covered in shit ourselves, everybody had dirrhea today, fuckin sucked. Got out on time tho, was working with a girl who works really fast.

I only got a lil shit on my arm from a diaper I was throwing away, nothing major bad today. I only have like 14 more full work days if I stay till june first. We'll see..........

Yeah know, with all this diarrhea maybe there needs to be a look at the kitchen conditions in that place. A health inspection maybe?

Mr. P
04-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Shit my parents would buy me it for a graduation gift if I asked enough. They just bought me a $6000 bike and pay my insurance for my car and it both. Money ain't that big of an issue.

I was hoping you'd pay yer own way...oh well..another few years...maybe.

Pale Rider
04-30-2008, 11:04 PM

I'd have to be getting paid in the $100 an hour range to do something like that.

It makes my stomach turn to read it. I give you a lot of credit for doing such a 'shitty' job... :laugh: ... sorry, couldn't resist.

LiberalNation
05-01-2008, 02:06 AM
lol shitty job it is..........

Even cleaning shit is better than colostomy bags. When you open them to empty the gas rushes out all at once and the strongest shit smell you've ever smelt. Atleast with diapers as bad as they stink you don't get that rush of air.

Pale Rider
05-01-2008, 03:29 AM
lol shitty job it is..........

Even cleaning shit is better than colostomy bags. When you open them to empty the gas rushes out all at once and the strongest shit smell you've ever smelt. Atleast with diapers as bad as they stink you don't get that rush of air.

OK.... TMI.... :talk2hand:

My advice... QUIT! Ask mom and dad to buy you a laptop.

LiberalNation
05-03-2008, 04:09 AM
based on FASFA data you are not eligible for a college access grant or or any other government grants. Your expected family contribution exceeds the maximum allowed. Stupid government.

Abbey Marie
05-03-2008, 02:26 PM
based on FASFA data you are not eligible for a college access grant or or any other government grants. Your expected family contribution exceeds the maximum allowed. Stupid government.

Welcome to the real world, where your family pays taxes and the benefits go elsewhere.

Mr. P
05-03-2008, 06:10 PM

Hey, you could sell that $6000 bike they just bought you...WOW what a concept, HUH? :slap:

LiberalNation
05-03-2008, 06:18 PM
lol, toys first, as long as you can make the payments on your debt there's no worries.

Pale Rider
05-04-2008, 06:57 AM
lol, toys first, as long as you can make the payments on your debt there's no worries.

Don't sell the bike... not when it gets 55 mpg, not to mention it's fun to ride.

LiberalNation
05-04-2008, 01:35 PM
I will get about $1,432.00 in state merit aid tho based on act scores and grades.

LiberalNation
05-04-2008, 04:26 PM
man I hafta start working out to be ready to take my army physical fitness test for the scholorship to activated. Standards are_

Push-ups: 19 in 2 minutes
sit-ups: 53 in 2 minutes
2 mile run in 18:54 minutes

The only part i can do right now is the sit ups. Those are the female standards, males hafta do the run faster, in 16 minutes and 42 pushups. Thank god for double standards, no way I'm doing no 42 pushups in the time I have to be able to do this. Tho procrasinating till the last minute is always a nice incentive to work that much harder, for me atleast. I do better when my feet are over the fire and it's now or never.

Abbey Marie
05-04-2008, 04:58 PM
I will get about $1,432.00 in state merit aid tho based on act scores and grades.

How did you find that out? Is it a result of the FAFSA app?

LiberalNation
05-04-2008, 05:11 PM
They send you a letter. It isn't part of FASFA, well I think you hafta fill your fasfa out to get it like anything else, but it's a merit based system and something that all high schoolers in Kentucky earn upon graduation and enrollment into a kentucky college/university.

Abbey Marie
05-04-2008, 07:48 PM
They send you a letter. It isn't part of FASFA, well I think you hafta fill your fasfa out to get it like anything else, but it's a merit based system and something that all high schoolers in Kentucky earn upon graduation and enrollment into a kentucky college/university.

Thanks. I guess that won't help us...

LiberalNation
05-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Nah, not unless you went to highschool in kentucky and end up in a kentucky college. They wont even give you the money if you go to a college out of state.

Might check your state tho, some of them might have something similier. There is some merit based government money out there ie not all based on your family income just not as much.

LiberalNation
05-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Only 5 more days of school left. I hope it doesn't take them too long afterwards to send my diploma.

Got medically qualified for ROTC as well. Pretty easy exam, the doc didn't seem very interested and didn't do a full body exam.

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Only 5 more days of school left. I hope it doesn't take them too long afterwards to send my diploma.

Got medically qualified for ROTC as well. Pretty easy exam, the doc didn't seem very interested and didn't do a full body exam.

Ooh, but I'll bet you wanted him to didn't you you naughty girl?

LiberalNation
05-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Actually it was a lady doctor............

Mr. P
05-15-2008, 04:46 PM

Even more reason for YOU to want the full exam. Right?

Hagbard Celine
05-15-2008, 04:59 PM
"Women's Prison" starring LiberalNations as "Busty McGrath," the well-endowed inmate with a heart of gold.:dance:

LiberalNation
05-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Even more reason for YOU to want the full exam. Right?

medical exams aren't sexual in nature. It takes more than nudity to be turned on. I see old naked ladies and men all the time.

Mr. P
05-15-2008, 05:52 PM
medical exams aren't sexual in nature. It takes more than nudity to be turned on. I see old naked ladies and men all the time.

The Doc was naked? Wow, you lezbos are wild!

LiberalNation
05-15-2008, 06:00 PM
lol only in my mind.........

manu1959
05-15-2008, 06:40 PM

was she hot.....

LiberalNation
05-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Depends on what you consider hot. I thought so.

Pale Rider
05-16-2008, 04:45 AM
Depends on what you consider hot.
Back off... she's mine... :D

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2251/2496087349_7ace345cac_o.jpg

LiberalNation
05-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Bad, bad, bad, bad day.

Get to work, they put me on the worst hall witht he worst person to work with. I felt sick, so I said I quit and was gona leave, boss gets on my ass, says she's gona call state and it's patient neglect to just leave. I'm like whatever but they convince me to stay, so I stay and am put on another hall. All goes fine till after lunch, not enough help, I'm trying to put this heavey lady to bed by myself, I drop her, she hits her head and scrapes her elbow, got to get the nurse, then after she's back into bed I hafta change her all by myself, shit everywhere, all over leaked thru her diaper. Took me like 20 minutes to get her cleaned up, then I go on lunch, go home, tell mom what's happened, she tells dad, dads pissed and forbids me to go back, so here I am, he took my keys I can't go back.

Yurt
05-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Bad, bad, bad, bad day.

Get to work, they put me on the worst hall witht he worst person to work with. I felt sick, so I said I quit and was gona leave, boss gets on my ass, says she's gona call state and it's patient neglect to just leave. I'm like whatever but they convince me to stay, so I stay and am put on another hall. All goes fine till after lunch, not enough help, I'm trying to put this heavey lady to bed by myself, I drop her, she hits her head and scrapes her elbow, got to get the nurse, then after she's back into bed I hafta change her all by myself, shit everywhere, all over leaked thru her diaper. Took me like 20 minutes to get her cleaned up, then I go on lunch, go home, tell mom what's happened, she tells dad, dads pissed and forbids me to go back, so here I am, he took my keys I can't go back.

if the work is not for you, he is doing you a favor. it often hard to see the predicament we are in wehn we are in the middle of it.

is there something else you want to do for/with your life?

Noir
05-16-2008, 08:06 PM
if the work is not for you, he is doing you a favor. it often hard to see the predicament we are in wehn we are in the middle of it.

is there something else you want to do for/with your life?

Very true, God only knows how you've been in that job so long, i couldn't of done one day never mind weeks and months, for that you must be commended

LiberalNation
05-17-2008, 01:15 AM

yeah, I feel better now and am relieved. Hope they don't call me. Happy enough to forget the whole thing and job.

LiberalNation
05-19-2008, 08:28 AM
So today is senior field trip day at school. You were supossed to pay 12 dollars and go to the movies, iron mans, what they're seeing. Me, I'm trying to skip, why pay 12 bucks for a movie you could see by yourself for 8 and have all the hassle of doing it with teachers and people you don't like. My first attempt at escaping school went sour, I was standing outside, they hadn't left yet, teacher caught me and sent me back to my designated room to chill the day away in, so I walked myself instead to library where at I'm typing now. I checked outside again about 20 minutes later but could still here the rumbling of the idle bus and the voices of the teacher, seems it's gona take them all period just to get moving. Only 2 days of school left, don't know what drives me to risk screwing up with so little time left but I am and that's just that. Bell ringing, on to try again.

Pale Rider
05-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Bad, bad, bad, bad day.

Unless you signed some kind of contractual agreement saying you "couldn't quit," I'd have told that lady to call the fucking President... "I QUIT," and she could have fucked off and died.

God Lord... you've put up with more "SHIT" than most people could have ever. You should be proud of yourself. What a filthy, SHITTY job.

Find a better one, where people aren't SHITTING all over.

Abbey Marie
05-19-2008, 01:43 PM
If this is what old age has to look like, I think I'll pass, so to speak.

Seriously, why are all of these people unable to at least use a bed pan? Do they all have zero bowel control, or is it that the facility is way understaffed?

Monkeybone
05-19-2008, 02:51 PM
man I hafta start working out to be ready to take my army physical fitness test for the scholorship to activated. Standards are_

Push-ups: 19 in 2 minutes
sit-ups: 53 in 2 minutes
2 mile run in 18:54 minutes

The only part i can do right now is the sit ups. Those are the female standards, males hafta do the run faster, in 16 minutes and 42 pushups. Thank god for double standards, no way I'm doing no 42 pushups in the time I have to be able to do this. Tho procrasinating till the last minute is always a nice incentive to work that much harder, for me atleast. I do better when my feet are over the fire and it's now or never.

physical stuff isn't like school work LN. don't wait until the last minute. also the scores they put up like that are usually the minium scores that you have to get.

Pale Rider
05-19-2008, 03:14 PM
physical stuff isn't like school work LN. don't wait until the last minute. also the scores they put up like that are usually the minium scores that you have to get.

Anyway... push-ups are basically a chest exercise, they will make your bobbies stand up.

Silver
05-19-2008, 03:29 PM
We scheduled for next years classes today. They changed a lot of stuff, now you don't get to pick between regular, honors, and AP classes the consolers do that by looking at your grades and test scores. You don't get a choice. The assholes have me slotted for honors English 4 instead of regular. I find this very annoying because English isn't one of my better subjects. I made A's in the classes two years in a role only because the classes were easy. They are gona go and cause me way more work to keep my all A's and B's with this crap next year. What bull. I wouldn’t have done so well on those standardized tests if I knew they were going to do this to me for it.

As the liberal moron you are, you should be glad the powers that be will make this decisions for you...thats what liberals want, thats what they vote for...you want to live in a nanny world, start sucking it up....
What the hell makes you think your smart enough to make your own choices?

Your liberal nation motto will be..."Shut the hell up, we know what is best for you".......

LiberalNation
05-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Seriously, why are all of these people unable to at least use a bed pan? Do they all have zero bowel control, or is it that the facility is way understaffed?
No they are totally incontinent. Most don't even realize they are wet. There are a few who use urinals or bed pans but not many.

Abbey Marie
05-19-2008, 04:23 PM
No they are totally incontinent. Most don't even realize they are wet. There are a few who use urinals or bed pans but not many.

Geez, even infants know to cry when their diapers are wet. May God bless anyone who can stand to do this work.

Pale Rider
05-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Geez, even infants know to cry when their diapers are wet. May God bless anyone who can stand to do this work.

And I pray to God that I never have to live like that. I hope I die long before I'm bed ridden shitting on myself.

Abbey Marie
05-19-2008, 04:38 PM
And I pray to God that I never have to live like that. I hope I die long before I'm bed ridden shitting on myself.

As for me, one day before would be fine! :laugh2:

LiberalNation
05-19-2008, 04:47 PM
it prolly wont be up to you, their minds go, strokes and alzhiemers.

Abbey Marie
05-19-2008, 04:50 PM
it prolly wont be up to you, their minds go, strokes and alzhiemers.

Oh, well, the absence of a well-functioning brain explains it.

Pale, apparently you won't know what you're doing anyway!

Pale Rider
05-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Oh, well, the absence of a well-functioning brain explains it.

Pale, apparently you won't know what you're doing anyway!

What an absolutely HORRIBLE existance. I'll leave instructions with family to "pull the plug" on me.

LiberalNation
05-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Having a trach is worse then shitting all over yourself. They don't get suctioned enough, the fluids build up and they make terrible gurgling noises while you try and change them and pull the oxygen hose out of it which gets the goo all over themselves.

LiberalNation
05-19-2008, 05:34 PM

Yeah I know. Just hoping I can get the min. Ran today outside in the hills, cold and rainy, only did half a mile which is pretty sad. Cold air was killing my throat and chest. I will improve this summer tho, going to make myself. I'll never pass at where I'm at now.

Pale Rider
05-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Having a trach is worse then shitting all over yourself. They don't get suctioned enough, the fluids build up and they make terrible gurgling noises while you try and change them and pull the oxygen hose out of it which gets the goo all over themselves.
Are you just TRYING to make us all sick or now or what? :puke3:

Yeah I know. Just hoping I can get the min. Ran today outside in the hills, cold and rainy, only did half a mile which is pretty sad. Cold air was killing my throat and chest. I will improve this summer tho, going to make myself. I'll never pass at where I'm at now.
Push yourself, past your comfort zone. You'll never really know what you're capable of until you do.

LiberalNation
05-20-2008, 05:42 AM
Push yourself, past your comfort zone. You'll never really know what you're capable of until you do.

lol most any exercise is past my comfort zone.

So my first time voting today in the kentucky primaries. Went okay, old people running the show down there didn't even know how to work their own machines. Cast my vote for Hillary, and some local/state people.

Monkeybone
05-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Anyway... push-ups are basically a chest exercise, they will make your bobbies stand up.
yah for boobies! they make me smile :2up:

blah. working out does suck, but like Pale said, you have to push yourself past your comfort zone. and don't go all out at once, build up to that point. that is why you have to give yourself time and not last minute "oh-no's"

Pale Rider
05-20-2008, 12:50 PM
lol most any exercise is past my comfort zone.

So my first time voting today in the kentucky primaries. Went okay, old people running the show down there didn't even know how to work their own machines. Cast my vote for Hillary, and some local/state people.
Hillary is supposed to win huge today in Kentucky. As much as I hate both whamalamabambam and hillary, clinton is by far the lessor of those two evils.

yah for boobies! they make me smile :2up:
:laugh:

LiberalNation
05-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Free, I'm officially out of highschool forever.

Monkeybone
05-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Free, I'm officially out of highschool forever.

hate to be the bubble burster, but it should be 'free for now'. *sigh* just another step and then you're in college and work. weeeee...

Pale Rider
05-22-2008, 11:56 AM
hate to be the bubble burster, but it should be 'free for now'. *sigh* just another step and then you're in college and work. weeeee...

College is a lot more fun than H.S. though. Most people are there because they want to be, unlike H.S. where you have to be.