PDA

View Full Version : Rant of the week

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

LiberalNation
06-03-2008, 01:46 PM
So had my college orientation. It sucked, bunch of crap, the first day we did nothing of substance but had to stay all day and sleep at one of the residence halls, the second day, today, we got to register for classes. Just finished up. WHy couldn't they have just let us register without all the crap but anyway.

So the classes I'll be taking fall semester are.

Nursing 101 on mondays 4p to 5p.

Military science 101 wens 3 to 5p & tue 1 to 2p.

Military physical fitness Mon, wen, fri at 6:30 to 7:30 in the morning.

Biology 102 tue and thur 11a to 12p.

English 101 mon, wen, fri 9 to 10a

and math pre-algebra tue and thur 7 to 8p. Which really sucks, doesn't even count, a remedial class but they wouldn't let me take college algebra cuz i scored a 16 on the math part of the ACT. I'm gona have a year and a half of remiedial math before they'll let me take the one math class I need for my degree program. Assholes.

LiberalNation
06-03-2008, 03:48 PM
also joined amenesty international on campus since they were advertising.

Abbey Marie
06-03-2008, 03:53 PM
So had my college orientation. It sucked, bunch of crap, the first day we did nothing of substance but had to stay all day and sleep at one of the residence halls, the second day, today, we got to register for classes. Just finished up. WHy couldn't they have just let us register without all the crap but anyway.

So the classes I'll be taking fall semester are.

Nursing 101 on mondays 4p to 5p.

Military science 101 wens 3 to 5p & tue 1 to 2p.

Military physical fitness Mon, wen, fri at 6:30 to 7:30 in the morning.

Biology 102 tue and thur 11a to 12p.

English 101 mon, wen, fri 9 to 10a

and math pre-algebra tue and thur 7 to 8p. Which really sucks, doesn't even count, a remedial class but they wouldn't let me take college algebra cuz i scored a 16 on the math part of the ACT. I'm gona have a year and a half of remiedial math before they'll let me take the one math class I need for my degree program. Assholes.

LN, if I my give you some friendly advice? Many people look back on college as a wonderful time of their life. Try to think positive and enjoy the time. It will go by quickly, then you will be in the work force, and you may really have some things to complain about. Try not to see the glass as half-empty so much of the time.

jackass
06-03-2008, 04:01 PM
LN, if I my give you some friendly advice? Many people look back on college as a wonderful time of their life. Try to think positive and enjoy the time. It will go by quickly, then you will be in the work force, and you may really have some things to complain about. Try not to see the glass as half-empty so much of the time.

I agree with Abbey......and think of all the new puntang there!!! :laugh2:

gabosaurus
06-03-2008, 04:11 PM
College is more than four years of taking classes. It is a preparation for life.
Most classes are boring and appear meaningless. When you get out, you will find that many jobs are the same way. :p

LiberalNation
06-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Try not to see the glass as half-empty so much of the time.

lol that's just me. You'd think it sucked too if you had to pay for classes that don't even count.

LiberalNation
06-03-2008, 08:39 PM
I agree with Abbey......and think of all the new puntang there!!! :laugh2:

lol yeah there did seem a lot more options just glancing around. :cheers2:

LiberalNation
06-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Man, somebody ran over my cats tail with a bike. Mean people, why are they always trying to kill my cat. She doesn't hurt nobody.

Silver
06-05-2008, 08:04 PM
We scheduled for next years classes today. They changed a lot of stuff, now you don't get to pick between regular, honors, and AP classes the consolers do that by looking at your grades and test scores. You don't get a choice. The assholes have me slotted for honors English 4 instead of regular. I find this very annoying because English isn't one of my better subjects. I made A's in the classes two years in a role only because the classes were easy. They are gona go and cause me way more work to keep my all A's and B's with this crap next year. What bull. I wouldn’t have done so well on those standardized tests if I knew they were going to do this to me for it.

Haha...you're a liberal and you complain about being led around by the nose by those that think THEY know whats good for you, better than you do....

You're and idiot that supports liberals and don't realize what the hell you support??? Is that really the case.....?

You support the party that makes believe the people elect the nominee for President while its obvious its the "super" delegates that actually do the electing...:laugh2:

LiberalNation
06-15-2008, 10:06 AM
I just wrecked my pretty motorcycle in my own driveway. Didn't feel good, was just starting off, ran off the edge of the driveway, dumped the bike on it's side, it looks worse then me, I just have a skinned knee, shoulder, and hip plus a big bruise on me hip. Was going like 15 mph. Helmet saved my face. I shouldn't have tried to ride, I was sick a dizzy all day yesterday, I was dizzy this morning but my dad wanted me to ride with him and I thought it would make me feel better. Well I do feel better now, amazing what a little excitment can do.

Pics from my tumble on the concrete

Bike got scratched up.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture1169.jpg

and me, lot more bruised now and it's only been a few minutes.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture1164.jpg

LiberalNation
06-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Sore this morning, must have hit my shoulder harder then I figured when I landed. It's killing me, plus road rash it stinging. WHy I hafta get it on my stomach. Terrible place, if my pants aren't rubbing my shirt is.

LiberalNation
06-22-2008, 08:07 PM
My parents just signed a lease for my apartment downtown. :cheers2:

So cool, not gona move in till august but they wanted to make sure they had a place for me that was halfway decent. Pretty cool, two bedrooms, 1 bath, my cousins gona room with me since we'll both be going to school. It's in this old 1800s built house but it's been renovated and was nice and clean compared of some of those places. Only 1/4 of a mile from campus, I could walk or ride a bike.

:dance:

Abbey Marie
07-10-2008, 04:11 PM
No rants for a while- life must be good. :)

Mr. P
07-10-2008, 04:34 PM
No rants for a while- life must be good. :)

Maybe she discovered boys?

LiberalNation
07-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Life is boring, I sit at home doing nothing all day and night then repeat. My biggest excitment is waking my mother up every morning at 6am to take a daily walk and do some hand weights in my quest for more toned arms and the ability to do 19 pushups.

Abbey Marie
07-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Life is boring, I sit at home doing nothing all day and night then repeat. My biggest excitment is waking my mother up every morning at 6am to take a daily walk and do some hand weights in my quest for more toned arms and the ability to do 19 pushups.

When does school start?

Abbey Marie
08-19-2008, 03:11 PM
We seem to have lost our LN. :(

Mr. P
08-19-2008, 04:13 PM

And Karlmarx too.

Kathianne
08-19-2008, 04:24 PM

A serious loss imho.

Abbey Marie
08-19-2008, 04:25 PM
A serious loss imho.

I know! I enjoyed her youthful prespective, and her ability to surprise me every now and then.

Kathianne
08-19-2008, 04:29 PM
I know! I enjoyed her youthful prespective, and her ability to surprise me every now and then.

Not to mention that she was often spot on, just the problem of gender for some posters. I've never understood that.

Mr. P
08-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Not to mention that she was often spot on, just the problem of gender for some posters. I've never understood that.

That's cuz yer a girl! AND you have cooties too! :poke:

Kathianne
08-19-2008, 04:57 PM
That's cuz yer a girl! AND you have cooties too! :poke:

Right you pretend dunderhead.

jackass
08-19-2008, 05:41 PM

And she was a lesbian! All lesbians are cool! :laugh2:

Kathianne
08-19-2008, 05:45 PM
And she was a lesbian! All lesbians are cool! :laugh2:

Fool! I wouldn't go that far! :laugh2:

KitchenKitten99
08-19-2008, 09:40 PM
She's probably getting ready for school and getting settled. She'll be back, I'm sure.

Mr. P
08-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Right you pretend dunderhead.

Girl COOTIES are NOT pretend! So there! :poke:

LiberalNation
10-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Wow, did see this. Well I'm back for better or worse. Plenty of new rants.

So I'm living on my own a UofL. Worst part is no close parking and lots of walking wherever you want to go. I paid $80 for a parking permit that is farther from campus then my house. Wouldn't have got it if I had known that but they said you needed one.

Biology test tomorrow. Online, shouldn't be too bad. Your whole grade is based on just 4 exams so you can't screw up on even one.

I've been doing the rotc thing. I like some aspects but like many here predicted I prolly wont keep it up. PT at 6 in the morning three mornings a week is killing me. To lazy for that if my parents are willing to pay for my college. Dropping next semester but you atleast got to wear and cool army uniform and do fun things like repelling and shooting a m16 for this one.

LiberalNation
10-17-2008, 05:14 PM
So just found out the University is going to require every student to purchase a $500 meal plan per semester even if you don't want it and don't even eat on campus. In this way they are going to force people to eat on campus for more than $5 a day. Such bullshit but that's the way it goes. They're dining service sucks, just fast food joints like wendys and subway and papa johns.

LiberalNation
10-20-2008, 11:48 PM
sigh, plain white rice for supper, well late night meal, again. Need to get to the store, it was about the only thing I have left besides some eggs and a few cans of coke.

Found out today I have to go to two mandatory seminars, one on study skills, the other critical thinking or some such. Waste of time but I wont pass my actual class without going and may have to skip another class just to make. These are the last two left and they only let in 30 people so better be early.

My advisor wont email me back, I can't register for next semester classes until she meets with me and the sign up book for a 30 minute time slot with her was completly full.

Abbey Marie
10-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Are these annoyances because you go to a very big school? (Assuming it is big).

PostmodernProphet
10-21-2008, 03:17 PM
the other critical thinking

we've given you lots of practice on that......lol, I have to laugh at what Pale Rider would have thought about you in the ROTC......

LiberalNation
10-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Are these annoyances because you go to a very big school? (Assuming it is big).

I don't know, most universities are like this tho. Difficult, bad admin, no customer service for what you're paying them.

LiberalNation
10-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Plain white rice for supper again. Going to that store as soon as I finish.

LiberalNation
10-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Advisor finally emailed me back and said she would lift my flag since I met with her an extra time earlier in the year and I can register but need to sign the book which she will add more pages to and meet with her later.

LiberalNation
10-21-2008, 09:28 PM
There are a lot of armed robberies in and around campus. Got my parents worried, trying to forbid me from walking around at night. The student activities center got robbed by two black men with a gun last night. 3 stick-ups/purse snatches in the last two weeks and my cars been gotten into twice with people rummaging around. Don't keep anything in it so no harm.

Mr. P
10-21-2008, 09:52 PM
There are a lot of armed robberies in and around campus. Got my parents worried, trying to forbid me from walking around at night. The student activities center got robbed by two black men with a gun last night. 3 stick-ups/purse snatches in the last two weeks and my cars been gotten into twice with people rummaging around. Don't keep anything in it so no harm.

The house across from my daughter was robbed yesterday...she's not on campus, but close.

LiberalNation
10-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Man this is the worst week to start my period. Have a gyno appointment friday and they wont do a pap or anything else if you're bleeding. I really need a new birth control prescription, I wouldn't be having a period right now if they would have just given me an extra refill but no you have to have an appointment and I'll prolly need two now because of this before I get more than one refill.

My systems all off now.

LiberalNation
10-29-2008, 02:45 PM
So last night my roomate got the radio jacked out of his truck which is parked right beside mine. Didn't lock it, said he had nothing to steal, now really does. Tore the whole thing out. Something like that can't be worth anything it's an old truck and old system.

Next I finally got the hole taken off my account and can register for classes next. They gave me $3000 extra bucks on my account by mistake that I had to pay back. Lucky I didn't spend it when it magically showed up in my account. Plus a $100 late for not knowing about it and paying them back immediately. Plus another $50 in transaction fees all for a mistake they made. So I ended up paying back more than they accidently gave me. Didn't have time to fight them tho or I wouldn't have been able to register on time.

In some good news. I'm going out to a concert tonight with some friends. Only ten dollars. This band. http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=s-_Cstkk6Jc

Mr. P
10-29-2008, 03:36 PM
So last night my roomate got the radio jacked out of his truck which is parked right beside mine. Didn't lock it, said he had nothing to steal, now really does. Tore the whole thing out. Something like that can't be worth anything it's an old truck and old system.

Next I finally got the hole taken off my account and can register for classes next. They gave me $3000 extra bucks on my account by mistake that I had to pay back. Lucky I didn't spend it when it magically showed up in my account. Plus a $100 late for not knowing about it and paying them back immediately. Plus another $50 in transaction fees all for a mistake they made. So I ended up paying back more than they accidently gave me. Didn't have time to fight them tho or I wouldn't have been able to register on time.

In some good news. I'm going out to a concert tonight with some friends. Only ten dollars. This band. http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=s-_Cstkk6Jc

Roommate? a "He"? Off campus? I thought you were gay? Or is he?

LiberalNation
10-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Off campus, roomate is my first cousin, family. Parents idea, thought I'd be safer in the "big city" if I was living with a male relative. I'm gay (not that he or my parents know), he's straight.

Bad news in math tonight. Failed another quiz that I thought I had aced. Need at least a 75 to pass this class. I don't know what I have, only that I've failed nearly every quiz and got As and every test but there are more quizes then tests. Professors gona copute my grade for me monday to tell me where I'm at. I was hoping for B (84 to 93) but I prolly gona have to just be satisfied passing.

Bombed an military science tests as well. It was easy, I just didn't study, only 2 tests the whole year in there. Fingers crossed on passing now. Going to study math tonight instead of going out.

LiberalNation
10-29-2008, 08:22 PM
and besides, just because you are sharing an apartment with a guy doesn't mean you're sleeping with him. People do it all the time.

Feel a little better, mom came for a visit since she had to drive the brother up here for a requetball match. He doesn't drive yet. Went over all my grades and paper work. Organized and figure out what I had left to do this semester.

The General UofL class is pass or fail, need atleast 22 out of 27 to pass, I already have 22 so even if I did nothing else I've passed it. So check that off the list.

Biology is a 4 exam class. Your entire grade is based solely on four test you take. I've taken 2 so far scoring a 94, and a 90. So 94, 90, ??, ??. Just have to do well on two more and I'm done there.

Math, I've taken 3 exams so far scoring 95, 86, 96. There are two more exams left and a final exam. Done poorly on all but a few of the quizes and not gotten full points for homework. Goal, do all the homework that is left, don't fail another quiz, pass all the coming exams with an 84 or higher.

English, 4 essay class which makes up 80% of your total grade, the rest is attendence, class perticipation, and class work. 2 essays graded so far, scoring 88 and 86 but can be revised and turned in for a better grade. Next essay due this friday, done it. 1 more to go. Attendence I'm doing really bad on, miss 6 classes you lose a letter grade, I think I've missed 5, so no more of that and pray I'm counting right. Emailed her twice, she wont respond with my current attendence.

Military science, no clue, skipped some classes, bombed the mid-term I think. Going to actually study for the final. I just wana pass this class and move on.

Okay organized now to work. I'm stressed now but that's how it goes, stress motivates me, I'm a procrastinator who likes to skirt the edge. Actual is easier than high school but harder in that aspect. You don't really know exactly where you are so can't properly caculate how much you can screw off.

Mr. P
10-29-2008, 09:43 PM
and besides, just because you are sharing an apartment with a guy doesn't mean you're sleeping with him. People do it all the time.

Feel a little better, mom came for a visit since she had to drive the brother up here for a requetball match. He doesn't drive yet. Went over all my grades and paper work. Organized and figure out what I had left to do this semester.

The General UofL class is pass or fail, need atleast 22 out of 27 to pass, I already have 22 so even if I did nothing else I've passed it. So check that off the list.

Biology is a 4 exam class. Your entire grade is based solely on four test you take. I've taken 2 so far scoring a 94, and a 90. So 94, 90, ??, ??. Just have to do well on two more and I'm done there.

Math, I've taken 3 exams so far scoring 95, 86, 96. There are two more exams left and a final exam. Done poorly on all but a few of the quizes and not gotten full points for homework. Goal, do all the homework that is left, don't fail another quiz, pass all the coming exams with an 84 or higher.

English, 4 essay class which makes up 80% of your total grade, the rest is attendence, class perticipation, and class work. 2 essays graded so far, scoring 88 and 86 but can be revised and turned in for a better grade. Next essay due this friday, done it. 1 more to go. Attendence I'm doing really bad on, miss 6 classes you lose a letter grade, I think I've missed 5, so no more of that and pray I'm counting right. Emailed her twice, she wont respond with my current attendence.

Military science, no clue, skipped some classes, bombed the mid-term I think. Going to actually study for the final. I just wana pass this class and move on.

Okay organized now to work. I'm stressed now but that's how it goes, stress motivates me, I'm a procrastinator who likes to skirt the edge. Actual is easier than high school but harder in that aspect. You don't really know exactly where you are so can't properly caculate how much you can screw off.

I think yer a good kid, LN, and I think you'll be fine. NOW GET yer ass to class. Don't make me come up there!

LiberalNation
10-31-2008, 01:30 AM
Yeah I skipped biology today. Maybe I subconcially want to fail. Made up for it to my self by going to the suplemental study class for the course. Attendence doesn't count in that class, only the tests, so if I manage another A I will feel good about it all again.

Plan on staying up all night/morning, it's 2:30am now, one class is at 9 tomorrow. I'll sleep afterwards.

Abbey Marie
10-31-2008, 12:07 PM
First year can be a tough adjustment. Hang in there, LN.

Sitarro
10-31-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't know, most universities are like this tho. Difficult, bad admin, no customer service for what you're paying them.

You do realize the type of people who are responsible for the way the University is run don't you? Everything about college that you dislike is the way it is because of liberals. They have an overwhelming presence on campus, from faculty to administration and run the University the same way they would like to force American businesses to run........ not a good thing. Pay attention and see who is being spoken about across your campus, who gets the negative comments, who gets the positive comments.

It's not conservatives that are forcing you to pay for plain rice to eat.

Sitarro
10-31-2008, 12:53 PM

At least get some mace but better yet would be a taser. Get your dad to help you out with that. You do realize that those robbers are Obammmmma supporters don't you? They would never vote for a law and order guy like McCain.

http://www.securityprousa.com/newtac2preor.html

LiberalNation
10-31-2008, 05:05 PM
They prolly don't vote at all. I was thinken about mace for the keychain since I'll have night classes next semester.

I think I'll do a lot better even tho the classes will be harder. Sit up my schedule a lot better.

LiberalNation
11-03-2008, 04:52 PM
:yawn, so tired. Feel like I could sleep for days if I let myself. Been like this since last saturday and spent most of the weekend in bed. Have to drive home in rush hour traffic after math class around 6:45 today.

LiberalNation
11-05-2008, 12:41 PM
I keep turning my alarm off in my sleep. Going to have to move it further away from me so I have to actually get up. Was late for english but made it. Biology test 3 tomorrow.

Grades are looking up, I found out I have an 88 in math which is a high B and could turn into an A if I do well on the last few tests and quizes. All in all it looks like I'll get all high Bs to As this semester.

Register for next semester classes today. My spring 09 schedule is.

CHEM 105 - CHEM FOR HEALTH PROFESSN & LAB- 4 credit class

ENGL 102 - INTERMED COLL WRITNG- 3 credit class

HIST 101 - HIST-CIVILIZATIONS I- 3 credit class

MT 80 - INTERMEDIATE ALGEBRA- 4 credit remdiel class they forced me to take

SOC 202 - SOCIAL PROBLEMS- 3 credit class

I was hoping for race studies instead of social problems to fill my cultural divirsity requirment but that class didn't have the right time. In total taking 17 hours, 18 is the max allowed for undergrads so I definintly going to have a full load.

LiberalNation
11-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Dammit, got an 88 on my biology test. Had really hope for a 90, missed it by one missed question. This means I'll have to get atleast get a 96 on the next one to get my goal of an A for the class. Don't know how possible that is but I plan to make every class, every si session, and study my ass off to try.

LiberalNation
11-11-2008, 06:53 PM
well not that high now. The curve is lower than I expected, I just need another 88 to 90 to average out to a 90 which will be an A.

This last friday I went to the humane society and picked out a new cat. I get to pick her up this friday. She needs a good bath and some fattening up but looks like a good cat. Lets you hold her and purs. Can't wait had to wait so long because they have to spay her. Some rescued cats can be screwed up so fingers crossed.

Abbey Marie
11-11-2008, 09:22 PM
well not that high now. The curve is lower than I expected, I just need another 88 to 90 to average out to a 90 which will be an A.

This last friday I went to the humane society and picked out a new cat. I get to pick her up this friday. She needs a good bath and some fattening up but looks like a good cat. Lets you hold her and purs. Can't wait had to wait so long because they have to spay her. Some rescued cats can be screwed up so fingers crossed.

Good for you, LN. Only the best people adopt shelter cats.

LiberalNation
11-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Yeah and don't know about the best tho. Some people can't afford $50 bucks for a cat they could easily get for free. If I find an apartment that allows pets next year when this lease is up I'll get 2 more to live with me. My mom is keeping this one and the other cat we have.

No new rants yet today except I'm bored and can't wait for this week to end.

LiberalNation
11-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Just got a call saying the cat is ready to be picked up. She was supposed to be spayed yesterday but turns out she already was and didn't need to have the surgery. So no recovery time = I can go get her now. Perfect reason to skip out of math class tonight tho I'm sure I'll catch hell for it from my mother when she gets home. Doesn't matter, the math is a remedial that doesn't count towards anything even your gpa, you just need a 75 to pass it to move on. I have an A right now.

LiberalNation
11-12-2008, 07:54 PM
So cats home, she is really loving but scared and skittish. Any loud niose send her running. She Has spent most the time hiding but if you sit by her hiding spot she'll come out and sit in your lap. She watching tv with my mom now getting brushed, took her upstairs. Smells, needs a good bath but didn't want freak her out till she settled in here. There were a lot of cuter cats there but I liked this ones calm and the fact she would let you hold her.

Pics

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture168.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture167.jpg

LiberalNation
11-12-2008, 07:55 PM
My other cat

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/GermanyTrip006.jpg

Abbey Marie
11-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I think your new kitty is beautiful!

AlbumAddict
11-12-2008, 10:15 PM
You made 'A's with THAT grammar? :)

In defense...I didn't learn English grammar until my third year of Spanish.

You might want to try a Spanish class, Lib.

Yurt
11-12-2008, 10:22 PM
iz arm wrezle..... u luze

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/GermanyTrip006.jpg

:laugh2:

Immanuel
11-12-2008, 10:28 PM
I think your new kitty is beautiful!

I think her new kitty is flipping us off!

Immie

Abbey Marie
11-12-2008, 10:36 PM
I think her new kitty is flipping us off!

Immie

That's the old kitty, anmd after all he''s been through, he has a right! :salute:

LiberalNation
11-12-2008, 10:50 PM
In defense...I didn't learn English grammar until my third year of Spanish.

You might want to try a Spanish class, Lib.

I don't know, I actually got a D in the one spanish class I took. I'm suprised I'm getting good grades considering my papers come back marked up but still with 89%.

Only one more english class to go, engl 102 and I'm thru. Think I'll just scrape by. You don't need good grammar to be a nurse, most of what you write out is in medical abrevations and acronyms.

LiberalNation
11-17-2008, 12:23 PM
So locked myself out of my apartment on accident. Went to take out the trash, thought my keys were in my pocket, turns out they weren't. So now I'm stuck, no one availble to let me in. Walked in the cold to the library. This is really gona mess up my day, I need to go to the store but can't without my car keys.

LiberalNation
11-17-2008, 01:10 PM
finally got in, lucky me. Cousin came home from work for lunch, he normally doesn't.

LiberalNation
11-18-2008, 02:53 AM
freezing my ass off walking to class now and in the apartment. Landlady only has one thermostat for the whole building and it's in her place. She keeps it on like 60 and it's even colder up here. On the one hand it's free on the other that's wayyy to cold. Gona get an electric heater I guess. I can't take this all winter.

Only got to see the new cat this weekend but she's exactly what I wanted. A lap cat that likes to be loved on. The white one is friendly but she'll walk away if you pet and wont sit with you. Wild too, well not so much anymore since we let her outside everyday to hunt.

LiberalNation
11-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Only 6 more english classes for this semester and one more paper to write which I'll finish tonight. Topic way gay marriage should be legal nationwide. I figured it would be easy to write because I can just copy a lot of stuff I've written before on these type boards. Planning a B in that class for final grade.

Only 2 more biology lectures and one exam left for the semester. I'm confident I will get an A in there.

Math remedial, one more test, one more quiz, final exam, and about 9 more classes. This doesn't count toward your gpa or anything, you juts need a 75 to pass it which I'm confident I will get unless I completly blow that last test or final.

Can't wait for thanksgiving break next wen, thur, fri, then christmas break, my birthday, christmas, then start of a new semester with some classes I will actually enjoy taking. If only it wasn't so cold......

LiberalNation
11-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Okay some grammar help.

Things are beginning to change however.

Is the above sentence a fragment. Word isn't highlighting it but word gets things wrong and I'm thinkin it is.

Mr. P
11-21-2008, 12:56 AM
Okay some grammar help.

Things are beginning to change however.

Is the above sentence a fragment. Word isn't highlighting it but word gets things wrong and I'm thinkin it is.

Things are beginning to change however. When, where, how, what?

Not an English scholar but it seems like an incomplete sentence to me.

LiberalNation
11-27-2008, 01:33 AM
Happy turkey day. Got ews that a great aunt died a few hours ago. Sucks cuz that means a funeral and we'll have to stay down at the relatives an extra two days because they want my dad to be a pall bearer. Wanted to come home friday.

LiberalNation
11-28-2008, 01:35 AM
4 more hours till black friday shopping at 4am. Should be interesting. Watch for me on the news in the stampedes, well if they have them this year.

Trigg
11-28-2008, 01:12 PM
4 more hours till black friday shopping at 4am. Should be interesting. Watch for me on the news in the stampedes, well if they have them this year.

hope you had fun.

I've only shopped on this day one other year and that was when the Wii first came out.

I had to have my son at an early wrestling practice and decided to run into Wal-mart. I actually found some good prices and everyone was calm and polite. The workers looked a little stressed, I felt sorry for them.

Mr. P
11-28-2008, 01:21 PM
hope you had fun.

I've only shopped on this day one other year and that was when the Wii first came out.

I had to have my son at an early wrestling practice and decided to run into Wal-mart. I actually found some good prices and everyone was calm and polite. The workers looked a little stressed, I felt sorry for them.

Heard a Wal-mart employee on Long Island was trampled by the crowd this morning and killed when he/she opened the doors. This "black" Friday stuff is insane..IMO

Kathianne
11-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Heard a Wal-mart employee on Long Island was trampled by the crowd this morning and killed when he/she opened the doors. This "black" Friday stuff is insane..IMO

Two of my kids left dinner party last evening at 10pm, to wait in line at Aurora Outlet Mall. This morning my son told me he got a $150 sweater for $15. I'm guessing the Ann Taylor outlet. ;) The mall opened at midnight. He said people were making coffee/hot chocolate runs, saving places and basically having a good time. I know he bought himself a pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans for under $30. It seems the bargains were good, but the stores are outlets for higher end stores, does that make a difference?

Walmarts seem to have a problem with their early bird specials, that they have yet to turn to armed guards rather than clerks is wrong on so many levels.

Mr. P
11-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Two of my kids left dinner party last evening at 10pm, to wait in line at Aurora Outlet Mall. This morning my son told me he got a $150 sweater for $15. I'm guessing the Ann Taylor outlet. ;) The mall opened at midnight. He said people were making coffee/hot chocolate runs, saving places and basically having a good time. I know he bought himself a pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans for under $30. It seems the bargains were good, but the stores are outlets for higher end stores, does that make a difference?

Walmarts seem to have a problem with their early bird specials, that they have yet to turn to armed guards rather than clerks is wrong on so many levels.

You've heard "If you build it they will come"..right?

My position is "If you don't show in the middle of the damn night, they'll drop their prices anyway". Just me? :dunno:

Kathianne
11-28-2008, 01:57 PM
You've heard "If you build it they will come"..right?

My position is "If you don't show in the middle of the damn night, they'll drop their prices anyway". Just me? :dunno:

Well I've not shopped a 'Black Friday' since the 1970's, but heck I used to work them too. There was a time-jr. high and high school, that my best friend and I would get on the Northwestern train and head for the city. State Street was festooned with beautiful windows and we'd have lunch under the tree at Marshall Field's, waiting in line for up to three hours. But that was then, we had the time and the ambiance was great.

Today, Macy's is not MF & Co. There is no Carson's, nor any tenant in that beautiful Louis Sullivan building. Even if there was, I haven't the desire to spend those kind of $$'s. Now kids, yeah they can. They have the time and disposable income, even in 'hard times.'

Mr. P
11-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Well I've not shopped a 'Black Friday' since the 1970's, but heck I used to work them too. There was a time-jr. high and high school, that my best friend and I would get on the Northwestern train and head for the city. State Street was festooned with beautiful windows and we'd have lunch under the tree at Marshall Field's, waiting in line for up to three hours. But that was then, we had the time and the ambiance was great.

Today, Macy's is not MF & Co. There is no Carson's, nor any tenant in that beautiful Louis Sullivan building. Even if there was, I haven't the desire to spend those kind of $$'s. Now kids, yeah they can. They have the time and disposable income, even in 'hard times.'

Yeah, my own daughter did it this morning...Donno if it's about $$ to them though...I think it about being wild an crazy..now adults that do it? Geeezzzzzzzz.

Kathianne
11-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah, my own daughter did it this morning...Donno if it's about $$ to them though...I think it about being wild an crazy..now adults that do it? Geeezzzzzzzz.

It was great fun back then, I know my son got a kick out of the Outlet Mall, something I've not discovered much fun at, certainly not enough to wait in line over 2 hours to enter! But I'm old. ;) Those shopping excursions with my friend, priceless as Mastercard would say.

Trigg
11-28-2008, 03:27 PM

I agree, my mother in law goes every year with her sisters and they love it.

Personally the pushing, shoving and general rudeness that seems to go along with it clashes with the reason for the season IMHO.

On that note here are some pictures of the wal-mart accident. That crowd is huge, and is jam packed together. If I remember right there were a couple of deaths last year because of unruly crowds. People are just animals sometimes.

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/galleries/walmart_stampede_captured_in_pictures/walmart_stampede_captured_in_pictures.html

Abbey Marie
11-28-2008, 04:53 PM
We were just getting our daughter a new phone in a very crowded Verizon store.

What recession?!

Btw, this is the one she wanted/we got; the LG Voyager

http://www.lgmobilephones.com/uploadedImages/LG_Mobile/PhoneAssets/VX10000_Voyager_Titanium/vx10000_titanium_3.jpg

http://www.lgmobilephones.com/uploadedImages/LG_Mobile/PhoneAssets/VX10000_Voyager_Titanium/vx10000_titanium_2.jpg

Said1
11-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Not very Christmasy up here. A few ho, ho, hold the payment commercials but no Canadian Tire "spend like Santa, save like scrooge' commercials yet! And it jsut isn't Christmas without them!

LiberalNation
11-28-2008, 10:48 PM
that they have yet to turn to armed guards rather than clerks is wrong on so many levels
oh there are cops there. Even in the small town wal-mart I was in. One guy was ringed by two to make sure no one pushed him out of the way, they had one tv for a great deal but only one.

LiberalNation
11-29-2008, 03:00 PM
just gave the cat a bath, she was good, didn't hiss or even try to get away. Never seen a cat that well behaved by water.

LiberalNation
12-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Only one more week of classes left then 5 count it 5 weeks off. Maybe I can find a temp job for break, gona try but it would be pure luck if I landed one.

Kathianne
12-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Only one more week of classes left then 5 count it 5 weeks off. Maybe I can find a temp job for break, gona try but it would be pure luck if I landed one.

My son applied for Christmas jobs over Thanksgiving, he had 4 calls before he left on Sunday morning, two messages today.

LiberalNation
12-01-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm plan to hit all the retail stores in town for applications and try the temp service as well. We'll see, I have to atleast make the effort or my mom will be pissed at me all break.

LiberalNation
12-02-2008, 04:26 AM
Applied to the local Wal-mart online. Thinking of volunteering to deliver meals once a week to the old people. They keep advertising saying they need people desperately. Hope it was a free ad cuz if they can pay to advertise they should be able to pay for peoples gas.

LiberalNation
12-09-2008, 09:53 AM
So just two more finals and I'm done with this semester, final grades coming tho I'm sure it will take forever for the professor to actually post them.

Know I got a B final in biology which is kinda upsetting, I missed an A by just two questions on the last test. I had first put the right answers to those questions but then started to doubt myself and changed them to the wrong ones before submitting the last test.

LiberalNation
12-11-2008, 04:10 PM
I am so pissed off right now I can barely see straight. My teenage brother just threw my cat as hard and far as he could on conrete just to be mean and now she can't walk on her leg.

Abbey Marie
12-11-2008, 05:56 PM
I am so pissed off right now I can barely see straight. My teenage brother just threw my cat as hard and far as he could on conrete just to be mean and now she can't walk on her leg.

Your brother should be arrested. Or better yet, some huge guy should do to him exactly what he did to your cat.

LiberalNation
12-11-2008, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't go that far. The cats walking now, just a little limp, think she will be fine.

Abbey Marie
12-11-2008, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't go that far. The cats walking now, just a little limp, think she will be fine.

So, how far would you go? What he did was sick. Will there be any repercussions for him?

Btw, even if her leg heals, she will be far from fine.

Kathianne
12-11-2008, 08:12 PM
So, how far would you go? What he did was sick. Will there be any repercussions for him?

Btw, even if her leg heals, she will be far from fine.

I agree. It's one thing for a sibling to abuse an inanimate object, (brother I've never forgotten what you did to my Barbie wardrobe case. I'm glad I wrecked your Slinky), and taking their temper out on a live creature.

LN, your brother has serious problems.

Abbey Marie
12-11-2008, 08:14 PM
I agree. It's one thing for a sibling to abuse an inanimate object, (brother I've never forgotten what you did to my Barbie wardrobe case. I'm glad I wrecked your Slinky), and taking their temper out on a live creature.

Thank you, Kath. I feel a little better when someone I respect a lot "gets it".

(Tried to rep you- get you next time)

manu1959
12-11-2008, 08:24 PM

that is how jeffery dahmer and all the rest got started.....

LiberalNation
12-11-2008, 08:25 PM

maybe, maybe not, he's still my brother and just a dumb guy who didn't really mean to hurt the cat. Not everyone see's animals the same way.

Abbey Marie
12-11-2008, 08:30 PM
maybe, maybe not, he's still my brother and just a dumb guy who didn't really mean to hurt the cat. Not everyone see's animals the same way.

You said he threw the poor thing as hard as he could at the concrete.
Unless he is mentally retarded, he knew what he was doing would hurt the cat, and in fact could easily have killed it.

I also find it disturbing that you now defend him.

LiberalNation
12-11-2008, 08:36 PM
I may have exaggerated in my anger. He's big for a 15 yo and would have killed it had he thrown it as hard as he could.

He was just being stupid, playing around and assuming if he saw how far he could throw it outside into the air it would land on it's feet with no injury. Outside happened to be the concrete porch.

manu1959
12-11-2008, 08:39 PM
You said he threw the poor thing as hard as he could at the concrete.
Unless he is mentally retarded, he knew what he was doing would hurt the cat, and in fact could easily have killed it.

I also find it disturbing that you now defend him.

kind of like battered wife syndrom.....

LiberalNation
12-11-2008, 08:42 PM
kinda like I've seen worse from people, like relatives shooting stray cats they find annoying or trying to hit the animal running across the road. Like i said, not every one views animals the same way. They're not valued as people.

manu1959
12-11-2008, 08:44 PM
kinda like I've seen worse from people, like relatives shooting stray cats they find annoying or trying to hit the animal running across the road. Like i said, not every one views animals the same way. They're not valued as people.

justifying bad behaviour with bad behaviour.......

LiberalNation
12-11-2008, 08:46 PM
putting things into perspective.

manu1959
12-11-2008, 08:51 PM
putting things into perspective.

so when he starts bulling younger kids you will put that in perspective

LiberalNation
12-11-2008, 08:55 PM
clearly I gave a bad impression of him intentionally because I was pissed. Either way, water under the bridge and the cats gona be fine.

Kathianne
12-11-2008, 08:58 PM

There are posts below this I've not read. Let me tell you LN, if you love your brother, report him. Abusing animals is a signpost (http://students.kennesaw.edu/~bpatch/index_files/page0001.htm) of serious problems and he's pretty 'old' if a teen.

Abbey Marie
12-11-2008, 09:17 PM
There are posts below this I've not read. Let me tell you LN, if you love your brother, report him. Abusing animals is a signpost (http://students.kennesaw.edu/~bpatch/index_files/page0001.htm) of serious problems and he's pretty 'old' if a teen.

Great advice Kath, and manu too. How sad that this kind of behavior is considered acceptable, and will apparently have zero repercussions.

LN, I tell you as straight up as possible, if I could, I would report your brother for animal cruelty, and be sure the animal cops took that cat away. Your suggestion that "not everyone sees animals the same" is a poor attempt at jusitification. I don't care how any people "see it", it is what it is. Has your entire family no compassion for the weak and defenseless?

Kathianne
12-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Great advice Kath, and manu too. How sad that this kind of behavior is considered acceptable, and will apparently have zero repercussions.

LN, I tell you as straight up as possible, if I could, I would report your brother for animal cruelty, and be sure the animal cops took that cat away. Your suggestion that "not everyone sees animals the same" is a poor attempt at jusitification. I don't care how any people "see it", it is what it is. Has your entire family no compassion for the weak and defenseless?

I doubt we'll see her post herein, but you are correct. I'm very glad I didn't ignore my 3 year old pouring alcohol onto a gerbil, that my daughter had brought home from kindergarten to care for over Christmas holidays.

He was 3, not 15, but there were other warnings of problems. He did such, then came crying to me that the gerbil was not moving. I grabbed the poor thing and doused it under water, then blew into its mouth, to no avail. We buried it in the yard, wrote a farewell.

I called a pediatric psychologist the same day. He was in therapy until 14, today is doing wonderfully. Did I mention there was a time he started a shoplifting ring?

LiberalNation
12-11-2008, 09:53 PM
one, animal crualty would do nothing as the cat is not injured. Two, he could have murdered the cat and I wouldn't bring the law into what is a family matter.

Has your entire family no compassion for the weak and defenseless?
animals, nope.

Said1
12-11-2008, 09:59 PM
so when he starts bulling younger kids you will put that in perspective

Animal cruelty carried out by children often indicates family violence.

Just saying.

manu1959
12-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Animal cruelty carried out by children often indicates family violence.
Just saying.

yep.......

Mr. P
12-11-2008, 10:09 PM

Animal cruelty is considered one of the diagnostic criteria of conduct disorder by the American Psychiatric Association. According to FBI Supervisory Special Allen Brantley, “Animal cruelty...is not harmless venting of emotion in a healthy individual; this is a warning sign…” Analysis from the FBI over the past 25+ years has suggested most serial killers start off by killing or torturing animals as children, but serial killers are not the only ones abusing animals. Many times the same reasons people abuse animals are the same reasons they abuse humans: “to find power, joy or fulfillment through the torture of a victim they know cannot defend itself.”

Thanks for that, K...just the thing I was going to post.

This IS a very serious issue. At 15, my guess is it's NOT the first time something like this has happened.

LiberalNation
12-11-2008, 10:13 PM
wow, my thread is finally on the top thread lists. W00t, my life must be interesting to people.

LiberalNation
12-12-2008, 05:53 PM
no compassion for the weak and defenseless?
and along those lines I'm taking him coon hunting tonight. Hunting equals killing weak and defenseless animals and personally don't like it either but theres's sposed to be a nice full moon tonight and I do like walking in the cold.

Kathianne
12-12-2008, 06:15 PM
and along those lines I'm taking him coon hunting tonight. Hunting equals killing weak and defenseless animals and personally don't like it either but theres's sposed to be a nice full moon tonight and I do like walking in the cold.

You are confusing hunting with animal abuse, I don't think any of us are wishing bad things for your brother, on the contrary.

LiberalNation
12-12-2008, 06:25 PM
in the end it's the same for the animal and sport for the people.

Kathianne
12-12-2008, 06:27 PM

No. It's not.

LiberalNation
12-12-2008, 06:28 PM
yes it is, shooting a stray cat is the same as shooting a coyote, is the same as shooting a possume, is the same as shooting a deer, is the same as shooting a rabbit when you get down to it.

Kathianne
12-12-2008, 06:40 PM
yes it is, shooting a stray cat is the same as shooting a coyote, is the same as shooting a possume, is the same as shooting a deer, is the same as shooting a rabbit when you get down to it.

Throwing, scalding, torturing is NOT the same as shooting.

LiberalNation
12-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Oh so shootings okay, just not throwing that doesn't result in injury.

Kathianne
12-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh so shootings okay, just not throwing that doesn't result in injury.

You think throwing, scalding, torturing an animal is ok?

Yurt
12-12-2008, 07:25 PM
LN:

do you believe that torturing an animal is the same as using a mouse trap to rid your home of mice? do you believe that torturing a cat is the same as using raid to rid your home of bugs?

Said1
12-12-2008, 07:29 PM
why do people protect abusers? I know, I know, you don't want them to get in trouble, so you justify their behavior.

Personally, unless your life is threatened, I'm of the opinion that it is all the same. I don't kill bugs, nor do I use mouse traps that that kill mice. I don't eat meat either.

Mr. P
12-12-2008, 07:33 PM

Better check the regulations first..from what I read on the state DNR site the season ain't open. The site does lack a lot though..

Other than that, if he kills a coon tonight will it be Sunday dinner or just a killing?

I support hunting IF the animal will be consumed. It's quit different than killing weak and defenseless domestic animals just for fun.

LiberalNation
12-12-2008, 07:33 PM
why do people protect abusers?
perspective, you'd think he lit the cat on fire by some of these reactions. You people seem to mind more than the cat did.

LiberalNation
12-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Better check the regulations first..from what I read on the state DNR site the season ain't open. The site does lack a lot though..

Other than that, if he kills a coon tonight will it be Sunday dinner or just a killing?

I support hunting IF the animal will be consumed. It's quit different than killing weak and defenseless domestic animals just for fun.

WHo eats raccoon, he's killing it for the pelt. I didn't know raccoon had a season hafta talk to him about that before I drive him down there.

Most hunters don't even eat 5% of the meat from an animal they kill. Personally I don't like game meat even tho we always have it, squirrles seems to be my famlies favorite followed by rabbit, deer, dove, frogs.

LiberalNation
12-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Brother says it's in.

http://fw.ky.gov/default.aspx

Raccoon and Opossum Season: Nov. 1, 2008 - Feb. 28, 2009

crin63
12-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Does that mean shooting the stray cat that pissed on the headrest in my truck with a .458 Win. mag was wrong at age 20ish?

LiberalNation
12-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Oh and he says only n**ers eat coon.:dunno:

Mr. P
12-12-2008, 07:46 PM
WHo eats raccoon, he's killing it for the pelt. I didn't know raccoon had a season hafta talk to him about that before I drive him down there.

Most hunters don't even eat 5% of the meat from an animal they kill. Personally I don't like game meat even tho we always have it, squirrles seems to be my famlies favorite followed by rabbit, deer, dove, frogs.

You are about to take your brother on a hunt, you don't even know the season regulations AND your going to tell me MOST hunters don't eat 5% of what they kill? :laugh2:

Mr. P
12-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Brother says it's in.

http://fw.ky.gov/default.aspx

Raccoon and Opossum Season: Nov. 1, 2008 - Feb. 28, 2009

Better read more, LN.

Raccoon & Opossum hunting

Nov. 1, 2008 - noon Feb. 28, 2009; hunting only at night during Modern Gun Deer Season.

DEER Modern Gun

Zone 1: Nov. 8-23, 2008 (either sex)

Zone 2: Nov. 8-23, 2008 (either sex)

Zone 3: Nov. 8-17, 2008 (either sex)

Zone 4: Nov. 8-17, 2008 (antlered only)

LiberalNation
12-12-2008, 07:55 PM
which means you can only be out at night during gun season so you don't get your ass shot by a deer hunter. Right now you can coon hunt in the day if you want as well as night.

Mr. P
12-12-2008, 08:00 PM
which means you can only be out at night during gun season so you don't get your ass shot by a deer hunter. Right now you can coon hunt in the day if you want as well as night.

No, LN. If he hunts coon tonight he'll be illegal.

Nov. 1, 2008 - noon Feb. 28, 2009; hunting only at night during Modern Gun Deer Season.

Raccoon & Opossum trapping

Noon Nov. 10, 2008 - noon Feb. 28, 2009

http://fw.ky.gov/deerguide08smallgame.asp

LiberalNation
12-12-2008, 08:02 PM
No your reading it wrong. Call the game warden and have him explain it to you.

It is Dec 2008. In season.

Mr. P
12-12-2008, 08:09 PM
No your reading it wrong. Call the game warden and have him explain it to you.

It is Dec 2008. In season.

Afraid not, yer just not reading nor very aware of DNR regs.

This goes with it to give you the BIG picture.

SEASON DATES

Modern Gun

Zone 1: Nov. 8-23, 2008 (either sex)

Zone 2: Nov. 8-23, 2008 (either sex)

Zone 3: Nov. 8-17, 2008 (either sex)

Zone 4: Nov. 8-17, 2008 (antlered only)

http://fw.ky.gov/deerguide08deergen.asp

LiberalNation
12-12-2008, 08:11 PM
hunt only at night during modern gun season. As in don't hunt during the day, not you can only hunt coon during gun season.

Mr. P
12-12-2008, 08:14 PM
hunt only at night during modern gun season. As in don't hunt during the day, not you can only hunt coon during gun season.

Ok knuckle head..the arrest and fine won't be mine..have fun.

LiberalNation
12-12-2008, 08:19 PM
there wont be one because you are wrong..........

Look at the dates dude.

Abbey Marie
12-12-2008, 11:54 PM

No. Taking a domesticated animal into your home as a pet, getting it to trust you, and then so treating it so cruelly that you could have easily killed it, is not the same as hunting. Not that I like hunting either, but there is a difference. At least to people with a conscience there is. This is starting to sound almost sociopathic.

LiberalNation
12-13-2008, 12:26 AM
So the hunting trip in the middle of the night was fun. Didn't see a single coon, too bright but the moon was beutiful, lots of shimering ice crystals everywhere, and we saw two otters in the creek. Brother wanted to shoot the one on shore, said they were worth a lot of money. Told him unless he planned on swimming when he just wounded it and it ran into the water he better not and I won. Looked like a big water rat but I didn't want to see him kill the thing. Not a very good person to hunt with.

So anyway, two hours later we walk back to the truck and it wont start. Battery died, apparently my dad knew it was going so I didn't get blamed for it tho I think I may have left the inside truck lights ons. He had to come pick us up.

LiberalNation
12-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me, I'm now 19.

LiberalNation
12-15-2008, 10:36 PM
My brother

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture044.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture042.jpg

No1tovote4
12-15-2008, 11:25 PM
You should put the pug in front of the tree, then zoom in from below and make him look like a giant...

:D

Cute.

You remind me of an ex of mine. She was an Irish girl... *sigh* memories...

LiberalNation
12-16-2008, 02:10 PM

surfing the web on a playstation with only a game controller for keyboard really bites.

LiberalNation
12-16-2008, 07:05 PM
the mods here come of a mite hypocritical over allowed images when they are fine with and endorse smilies that are just as bad. :ssex::pee::upyours::fart::boobies::suck::gives:

Kathianne
12-16-2008, 07:07 PM
the mods here come of a mite hypocritical over allowed images when they are fine with and endorse smilies that are just as bad. :ssex::pee::upyours::fart::boobies::suck::gives:

Got to stop with the mods, take it to pm. Removed from thread.

Little-Acorn
12-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Got to stop with the mods, take it to pm. Removed from thread.

A mod can remove someone (or, I guess, block them) from a thread?

Psychoblues
12-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Absofreakinglutely, LA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ain't it a hoot?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!????!?!?!?!

Can I offer you a cool one to think it over with?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

Mr. P
12-16-2008, 08:41 PM

LOL...reminds me of a conversation I had with a U.S. Trustee last week.
I called for an update on some stuff because the client was being a pain in the ass. I mentioned that the client wanted to call the trustee..He said "Let em, I'll light his ass on fire and I know how to do it!" :laugh2:

Kinda like a mod, I guess.

Yurt
12-16-2008, 10:13 PM
LN is removed from this thread.....um....yeah

Mr. P
12-16-2008, 10:21 PM
LN is removed from this thread.....um....yeah

Really is funny...she let her mouth overloaded her ass... one time too many. She'll learn...as she gets older.

Psychoblues
12-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Different strokes for different folks. Some get it and some don't. Isn't this a general "rant" thread?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I would think some leeway would be offered at least in the abstract.

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

jimnyc
12-17-2008, 08:50 AM
LN has been reinstated to this thread. It would be a shame to allow a 40+ page thread to go to waste. LN - please keep moving along as you did for the first 40 pages. I don't want to ruin your thread but there's a proper place for venting, and there's a proper place for venting about things that don't belong in the chat section.

remie
12-17-2008, 12:59 PM

Before you go talking out your ass, please provide a link that substantiates the 5% assertion. And oh by the way, your brother is a sick fu**er for torturing pets and if you defend it you are a sick fu**er too.

LiberalNation
12-17-2008, 04:19 PM
No ones torturing pets.

No one eats the bones or hide or blood (normally) or organs and that makes up a good precent of the animal, and no one eats the bad areas of meat like the head. I'd say that covers more than 50% of the animal.

Trigg
12-18-2008, 09:32 AM
No ones torturing pets.

No one eats the bones or hide or blood (normally) or organs and that makes up a good precent of the animal, and no one eats the bad areas of meat like the head. I'd say that covers more than 50% of the animal.

You said hunters "don't even eat 5% of the meat". Bones, hide and blood aren't meat. :slap:

You'd be surprised who eats raccoon. My father in law used to sell the meat to the black guys he worked with.

It's not something I could imagine eating, but I doubt it taste much different than rabbit or squirrel.

LiberalNation
12-18-2008, 01:11 PM
My misspeak, animal then.

Mr. P
12-18-2008, 01:14 PM
My misspeak, animal then.

So you eat bones an stuff?

LiberalNation
12-18-2008, 01:24 PM
You'd be surprised who eats raccoon. My father in law used to sell the meat to the black guys he worked with.

guess that's where he got this, was wondering.

Oh and he says only ni**ers eat coon

LiberalNation
12-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Feakin awsome man, all grades are in and they are all As. I'll end my first semester with 4.0 gpa.

BIOL 102 INTRO BIOLOGICAL SYSTEMS-A
ENGL 101 INTRO COLLEGE WRITNG- A
MILS 101 LEADERSHIP&ADVENTURE I- A
NURS 101 S.T.A.T. FOR NURSING- P (it was a pass or fail only class, I passed)
MT 65 BASIC ALGEBRA-A

Yurt
12-19-2008, 03:32 PM
nerd :laugh2:

LiberalNation
12-19-2008, 05:56 PM
lol, oh well.

PostmodernProphet
12-19-2008, 08:54 PM
gratz, LN....keep up the good work and we'll let you empty our bedpans....

Yurt
12-19-2008, 09:41 PM
gratz, LN....keep up the good work and we'll let you empty our bedpans....

they give you bedpans?

LiberalNation
12-23-2008, 05:18 PM
So decided to start working out again after taking like 4 weeks off. Can still do over 53 regular sit-ups and 20 push ups which means I ain't lost anything there but te running kicked my ass, got a cramp in my side so stopped at like half a mile. God I hate exercising even if it doe make you feel better in the long run.

I realize I hated it so much doing the rotc class. Decided on an easier path to get my college paid for. Unfortunately it still involves the army, they have a nurse program that will pay for all your schooling, $1000 live off money per semester, $10,000 cash bonus and a commission upon graduation into the nurse corps but with no classes or evil pt while you’re still in school and ya only hafta serve active duty as a nurse the years they paid for (2) instead of 4 years.

LiberalNation
12-23-2008, 05:36 PM
I don't look too bad in uniform.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture1255.jpg

LiberalNation
12-24-2008, 10:49 AM
We opened christmas gifts this morning. Got just what I wanted and posting from it now.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/156.jpg

Sitarro
12-24-2008, 12:54 PM
We opened christmas gifts this morning. Got just what I wanted and posting from it now.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/156.jpg

Why not a MAC?

LiberalNation
12-24-2008, 12:56 PM
cuz I just like messing around with crappy windows vista. I'm happy enough tho, never had a mac before. This was on sale, a good deal.

Sitarro
12-24-2008, 01:10 PM
cuz I just like messing around with crappy windows vista. I'm happy enough tho, never had a mac before. This was on sale, a good deal.

That's fine, just kidding around, Windows works fine for those that have never used a MAC.

You look good in camo, you should feel very proud to wear them. I know that when I see anyone in those, walking around the airport, my opinion of them instantly soars.:salute:

An Army nurse is a very big deal, very important position. You could learn a huge amount in a very short time.:salute:

Yurt
12-24-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't look too bad in uniform.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Picture1255.jpg

what uniform, all i see is a couch...

LiberalNation
12-24-2008, 01:55 PM
lol yep, u can't see me, nah, nah.

LiberalNation
12-24-2008, 03:44 PM
sigh, church, gona be packed, two hours long, wouldn't go but mothers insistent.

LiberalNation
12-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Just got back from visiting family. Pretty fun, got $20 and a abercrombie hoodie from one aunt.

Yurt
12-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Just got back from visiting family. Pretty fun, got $20 and a abercrombie hoodie from one aunt.

i love hoodies, love them! if don't own a hoodie on the central coast, no one talks to you...

LiberalNation
01-01-2009, 10:29 PM
brother just killed an 11 point buck a bow today. No pics of the actual animal he just brought back the bloody skull cap and antlers.

Yurt
01-01-2009, 10:44 PM
lesbians rule!

LiberalNation
01-01-2009, 10:46 PM
lol I agree.

Mr. P
01-02-2009, 12:13 AM
brother just killed an 11 point buck a bow today. No pics of the actual animal he just brought back the bloody skull cap and antlers.

Wow! He can mount that on the wall next to the cat he slammed on the concrete. Or is that the 5% he'll eat?

LiberalNation
01-02-2009, 12:16 AM
who would want to mount a cat and I said he cut the antlers off, so no mounting.

LiberalNation
01-02-2009, 06:38 PM
pics of the deer antlers from the buck my brother just killed.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/002.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/004.jpg

LiberalNation
01-03-2009, 02:48 PM
school starts back this comin wen. my first class is thur. Got to get some books, stupid school doesn't give you the kees money till after class starts so can't use that for it.

LiberalNation
01-04-2009, 07:26 PM
bored, family is annoying me, can't wait to go back to school wen.

LiberalNation
01-05-2009, 06:22 PM
the cat brought home another poor baby mouse. She's found a nest and get's one every few weeks or so. Moms happy tho, mice are a real pain if they get inside and so the cats are doing a service outside.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/003-1.jpg

can you see me?

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/007-1.jpg

LiberalNation
01-06-2009, 09:23 PM
new rant, my history says it requires 4 books for just one class, that is bullshit and extremly expensive.

LiberalNation
01-07-2009, 04:31 PM
got all my books, cheaper than expected of course all used, just $400. Heavy as anything packing them all the quarter mile walk in the cold back to my apartment.

LiberalNation
01-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Just found out my roommate cousin is lyin to the family about grades (got on his computer account because he asked me to print out his schedule)

Said he passed history with a D but instead withdrew. Only took four classes W, D, B-, B as a junior and has much harder basic classes this semster, engl 102 and biology. Stupid boy, it doesn't matter to me but he isn't going to finish in a year an a half like he plans doing that. If he couldn't pass history it seems immposible he'll pass biology.

Sitarro
01-07-2009, 08:50 PM
the cat brought home another poor baby mouse. She's found a nest and get's one every few weeks or so. Moms happy tho, mice are a real pain if they get inside and so the cats are doing a service outside.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/003-1.jpg

can you see me?........ I hope you're seasoning them and putting them in freezer bags. Get about 20 of them and you could make a great Wild Mice Gumbo but be sure to rip that fur off, the seasoning doesn't stick to fur.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/007-1.jpg

Is that a Moose Head I see?

LiberalNation
01-09-2009, 12:57 AM
I'll pass on the mice.

I enjoyed all classes and my professor. think I will like all but one. Didn't get to meet the guy (history professor), he was out at a conference, but then is syllabus said you could miss no more than 2 classes yourself before being dropped a letter no excuses, all the while the hypocrit ain't even in class. Hate professors like that but he may turn out to be a fine teacher.

Chemistry for health professionals will be my most difficult class. it's basically two chemistry classes rolled into one semester so a lot of material and fast moving but if i work hard I'm sure I will succede.

manu1959
01-09-2009, 01:13 AM
new rant, my history says it requires 4 books for just one class, that is bullshit and extremly expensive.

all the books are in the library....never bought books at university......

LiberalNation
01-09-2009, 01:43 AM
they require you to take them to class and you can't checkout the textbooks at the library.

Yurt
01-09-2009, 01:56 AM
all the books are in the library....never bought books at university......

most of the profs make money off the books or deals for the books...hence why you need the "extra" knowledge...total crap and a total scam, love it when they are the author of said book and the book is required for the class....

what is the british term i love....oh yea....bollocks

LiberalNation
01-09-2009, 02:07 AM
yeah the history professor is the author of 3 of the 4 books he required......

scam, the math teacher was cool, said this book is the same as the cheaper other book, they told us they were rewriting it to make itg cheaper but it costs $20 more so in math class you can use the exact same older versian that doesn't come with the cd he wont be using anyway.

Yurt
01-09-2009, 03:20 PM
yeah the history professor is the author of 3 of the 4 books he required......

scam, the math teacher was cool, said this book is the same as the cheaper other book, they told us they were rewriting it to make itg cheaper but it costs $20 more so in math class you can use the exact same older versian that doesn't come with the cd he wont be using anyway.

what really upset me was when the prof wrote the book, had you order the book as required reading and never once discussed the book, had a few classes like that...

manu1959
01-09-2009, 03:47 PM
they require you to take them to class and you can't checkout the textbooks at the library.

yea so......

LiberalNation
01-09-2009, 03:50 PM
so you ain't seen professor kick people out of class for not having the book have you.

manu1959
01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
so you ain't seen professor kick people out of class for not having the book have you.

actually i have....and i went and complained to the dean and was allowed to attend class without the book.....two reasons.....no where was it written that i had to bring anything to class and i was paying to be in the class....unless they wanted to pay for the book and pay the fee for me to be there they had no right to dictate the terms of my attendance.....

or you could accuse them of discriminating against you because you are poor and can not afford the book.....and say that you take notes then go to the library and read the passages there.....

LiberalNation
01-09-2009, 04:23 PM
wow, that took balls, i don't need the stress, my parents pick up the tab.

manu1959
01-09-2009, 04:26 PM
wow, that took balls, i don't need the stress, my parents pick up the tab.

yes.....i do love a good argument......as for having balls.....i never have decided if i am brave or stupid....

Abbey Marie
01-09-2009, 04:28 PM
actually i have....and i went and complained to the dean and was allowed to attend class without the book.....two reasons.....no where was it written that i had to bring anything to class and i was paying to be in the class....unless they wanted to pay for the book and pay the fee for me to be there they had no right to dictate the terms of my attendance.....

or you could accuse them of discriminating against you because you are poor and can not afford the book.....and say that you take notes then go to the library and read the passages there.....

I always figured that Profs can set the classroom requirements, and we could either meet them or drop the course. Including bringing books to class.

However, the crying poor route never fails.

LiberalNation
01-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Nah it has to be in their syllubus or you can file a grievence with the deen if you think they're being unfair to you.

Yurt
01-10-2009, 08:56 PM
yes.....i do love a good argument......as for having balls.....i never have decided if i am brave or stupid....

anybody ever hold something and tell you to cough?

jimnyc
01-11-2009, 09:12 AM
anybody ever hold something and tell you to cough?

Holy crap, that reminds me of a funny story. I was working in NYC at the time and had a lunch time doctors appointment. Off to the Dr. and find out he wants a full physical workup and he'll have his nurse perform all the tests. She was about 45, not hot as hell but no plain jane either. I think it was discussing medical stuff or law, since I was working at a law firm at the time, but her maturity and intelligence made me like her (the boobies didn't hurt the cause). Well, we got to the hold and cough part and I think she enjoyed it too much as it seemed she woke up "little jimmy". The funny thing is that I really wasn't embarrassed and I just kinda laughed. She laughed as well and told me it happens quite often. I was tempted to tell her it felt funny and to check it out some more, but I really did need results and not dragged out by police. I did feel some embarrassment after the fact and never returned to that office again. I figure with my co-pay I paid $10 to get felt up. :beer:

Yurt
01-11-2009, 04:17 PM
thats funny

Abbey Marie
01-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Holy crap, that reminds me of a funny story. I was working in NYC at the time and had a lunch time doctors appointment. Off to the Dr. and find out he wants a full physical workup and he'll have his nurse perform all the tests. She was about 45, not hot as hell but no plain jane either. I think it was discussing medical stuff or law, since I was working at a law firm at the time, but her maturity and intelligence made me like her (the boobies didn't hurt the cause). Well, we got to the hold and cough part and I think she enjoyed it too much as it seemed she woke up "little jimmy". The funny thing is that I really wasn't embarrassed and I just kinda laughed. She laughed as well and told me it happens quite often. I was tempted to tell her it felt funny and to check it out some more, but I really did need results and not dragged out by police. I did feel some embarrassment after the fact and never returned to that office again. I figure with my co-pay I paid $10 to get felt up. :beer:

Jim, did that story end with: "And then I woke up" ? :laugh2:

LiberalNation
01-12-2009, 02:38 PM
don't try out the free credit report free trial it's nearly impossible to cancle. First they keep ya on hold for thirty minutes, then you hafta listen to their other offers before cancling which I kinda expected would happen when I signed up. Almost easier to cancle the credit card. Anyway my credit score was pretty good, nearly 800.

LiberalNation
01-12-2009, 08:10 PM
so i went to my sociology class. Think it will be tough but fun. The professor looks like a flaming lesbian. Boots, jeens, facial piercings, short spiky bleach blond hair.

Nukeman
01-13-2009, 06:46 AM
Maybe she is just a "social experiment". to see how everyone reacts to the new Sociology class......

LiberalNation
01-13-2009, 07:09 PM
such a boring day, the math i did in highschool along with the chem so learned nothin new there. english is a group paper and this teacher is big on the enviroment and green so we hafta write a green paper, the most boring of subjects besides economics. History a star treck episode, page on what history means to us, and I left early so hope there were no questions at the end of the video or I missed. Freezing my ass off in this cold. Okay day tho I guess, i didn't out an out skip any class.

Yurt
01-13-2009, 08:23 PM
such a boring day, the math i did in highschool along with the chem so learned nothin new there. english is a group paper and this teacher is big on the enviroment and green so we hafta write a green paper, the most boring of subjects besides economics. History a star treck episode, page on what history means to us, and I left early so hope there were no questions at the end of the video or I missed. Freezing my ass off in this cold. Okay day tho I guess, i didn't out an out skip any class.

maybe you could explailn to the prof how not all the world is green :laugh2:

LiberalNation
01-14-2009, 12:04 AM
of course I could but i value my grade wayyy to much for that.

Mr. P
01-14-2009, 12:11 AM
of course I could but i value my grade wayyy to much for that.

Do a paper on the color Green..:thumb:

LiberalNation
01-15-2009, 12:42 PM
so, so, cold outside, even with double layers you then hafta strip off in hot classrooms.

english done, before class history reading done, next stop history class.

I'm gona miss the obama inauguration i think, I have class all that day.

Trigg
01-15-2009, 04:41 PM
so, so, cold outside, even with double layers you then hafta strip off in hot classrooms.

english done, before class history reading done, next stop history class.

I'm gona miss the obama inauguration i think, I have class all that day.

Is the sun out down there???? Just sit by the window with the sun shinning on your face....close your eyes.... and imagine your on the beach.

It works for me. I don't mind the winter as long as the sun is shinning.

Kathianne
01-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Is the sun out down there???? Just sit by the window with the sun shinning on your face....close your eyes.... and imagine your on the beach.

It works for me. I don't mind the winter as long as the sun is shinning.

Mostly I can agree with this, but not today. It's now -16 on my thermometer and the winds are still blowing between 15-20mph. Even having the heat in my car set at 90F didn't warm it up enough to keep my hands from chilling to the bone, with gloves on!

LiberalNation
01-15-2009, 04:54 PM
lol unfort only concrete walls and synthetic light where I am most of the time.

finally met the history professor, seems cool. I like all my professor this year, you hear so many professor horror stories but I've only had pretty good ones so I wonder if it is just talk. you just need to be flexible and been to their individual styles of doing things.

Kathianne
01-15-2009, 04:55 PM
lol unfort only concrete walls and synthetic light where I am most of the time.

finally met the history professor, seems cool. I like all my professor this year, you hear so many professor horror stories but I've only had pretty good ones so I wonder if it is just talk. you just need to be flexible and been to their individual styles of doing things.

In 6 years undergrad work and a year of post-grad work, I had 2 'bad' professors. Bad cause they were lazy and boring.

Trigg
01-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Mostly I can agree with this, but not today. It's now -16 on my thermometer and the winds are still blowing between 15-20mph. Even having the heat in my car set at 90F didn't warm it up enough to keep my hands from chilling to the bone, with gloves on!

I think I read that your making records in Chicago for the most consecutive days with snowfall. GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!

We don't have much wind, that's the only thing we have going for us at this point. If the wind starts blowing and we get drifts we'lll be showed in.

We're having Chili for dinner, always great for a cold day.

Kathianne
01-15-2009, 05:13 PM
I think I read that your making records in Chicago for the most consecutive days with snowfall. GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!

We don't have much wind, that's the only thing we have going for us at this point. If the wind starts blowing and we get drifts we'lll be showed in.

We're having Chili for dinner, always great for a cold day.

Well broke the snow record deal today, no snow! Drier than one would think possible out there, just ice crystals! :laugh2: It's SOOOO cold. Tomorrow we are supposed to get up to 1 or maybe 2F. Sunday is looking in the 20's though, time to grill!

Trigg
01-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Well broke the snow record deal today, no snow! Drier than one would think possible out there, just ice crystals! :laugh2: It's SOOOO cold. Tomorrow we are supposed to get up to 1 or maybe 2F. Sunday is looking in the 20's though, time to grill!

yep, just pull that sucker into the garage and start her up. It's never to cold to grill!!

A black friend of my husbands used to say that he could tell the white peoples house, they were the ones grilling in the winter. :laugh2:

It was -6 when they canceled cub scouts at 5:00. I don't even want to know what it is outside with windchill.

Kathianne
01-16-2009, 05:12 AM
yep, just pull that sucker into the garage and start her up. It's never to cold to grill!!

A black friend of my husbands used to say that he could tell the white peoples house, they were the ones grilling in the winter. :laugh2:

It was -6 when they canceled cub scouts at 5:00. I don't even want to know what it is outside with windchill.

It's 4:15 am. On Yahoo they say the temp is -22, which would be O'Hare. Being 30 miles west of there, outside the warming 'lake effect', my thermometer reads -33. I sure hope it's warmer by 6. ;)

Sitarro
01-16-2009, 06:10 AM
It's 4:15 am. On Yahoo they say the temp is -22, which would be O'Hare. Being 30 miles west of there, outside the warming 'lake effect', my thermometer reads -33. I sure hope it's warmer by 6. ;)

You think you've got it bad, it's going to rain Sunday........ my day off!:uhoh:

Kathianne
01-16-2009, 06:26 AM
You think you've got it bad, it's going to rain Sunday........ my day off!:uhoh:

Oh my! :laugh2: Sorry 'bout dat!

LiberalNation
01-20-2009, 04:31 PM
you know that history professor the first time i asked said no we couldn't get off for the inauguration then he comes back today with well you could have but since you're all here anyway.

emmett
01-20-2009, 04:38 PM
you know that history professor the first time i asked said no we couldn't get off for the inauguration then he comes back today with well you could have but since you're all here anyway.

Don't worry, you will be able to see it 125,000 times in the near future just as if you were there. I would think a copy will come free with your Barack Obama official commerative coins you purchased on the internet!

LiberalNation
01-30-2009, 12:21 AM
okay, trees should never be allowed to grow near or over powerlines, ever. Would save a lot of problems in times like this. Any one notice the plight of kentucky in all this big political news. It's cold and people are inconvienced. My brother made 40 bucks scooping driveways atleast. (split between four boys, they were making about 100 a driveway)

manu1959
01-30-2009, 12:43 AM

-33........you all live there on purpose........

LiberalNation
02-02-2009, 04:27 PM
so I took my cat to the vet to get groomed and get some tapeworm medicine. Look how they gave her back. Should have been more specific, only wanted her rear shaved. Can't believe they shaved off nearly all of that beutifull tail plume.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg256/Nikki6103/Shaved20Cat202.jpg (not my cat but that be the cut.)

Sitarro
02-02-2009, 06:42 PM
okay, trees should never be allowed to grow near or over powerlines, ever. Would save a lot of problems in times like this. Any one notice the plight of kentucky in all this big political news. It's cold and people are inconvienced. My brother made 40 bucks scooping driveways atleast. (split between four boys, they were making about 100 a driveway)

Our transmission lines are all buried........ works well and is much nicer looking and saves trees......... Yea, that's right Texas, we're pretty progressive here and we don't even have the snow problem.

LiberalNation
02-05-2009, 03:26 AM
power company here said it would be too exspensive to do the grid like that.

must. not. fail. college.

Chem and algebra, currently kicking my ass, got a 37% on the math quiz which I can get away with cuz there's like 12 more but chem is only 4 tests total so must pass all of them with a B or higher.

Jeff
02-05-2009, 06:03 PM

Wow that's cold, makes me feel guilty complaining about our 17 degree's here tonight , at least during the day it warms a bit .

But I 'am suppose to go to the Doc's Monday , Hopefully they will cut me loose to go back to work then , so it will be back up to the North twice a week, back to feeling real cold :eek:

Kathianne
02-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Wow that's cold, makes me feel guilty complaining about our 17 degree's here tonight , at least during the day it warms a bit .

But I 'am suppose to go to the Doc's Monday , Hopefully they will cut me loose to go back to work then , so it will be back up to the North twice a week, back to feeling real cold :eek:

That was a couple weeks ago, it's warmer now. This morning it was -2F, but went all the way up to 24 today. Tomorrow we're closing in on 50! (So they say!)

Funny story, yesterday morning, around 7:00 another teacher and I said 'it didn't feel so bad', it was 13F. That's what happens when you go through several way sub-zero days! :laugh2:

Yurt
02-05-2009, 06:13 PM
That was a couple weeks ago, it's warmer now. This morning it was -2F, but went all the way up to 24 today. Tomorrow we're closing in on 50! (So they say!)

Funny story, yesterday morning, around 7:00 another teacher and I said 'it didn't feel so bad', it was 13F. That's what happens when you go through several way sub-zero days! :laugh2:

i don't relish your weather, but man, you have great pizza and hotdogs!

i'll stay out here and make my own hotdogs and dream that pizza here is as good, actually, woodstocks has improved their pizza and very good now.

Kathianne
02-05-2009, 06:25 PM
i don't relish your weather, but man, you have great pizza and hotdogs!

i'll stay out here and make my own hotdogs and dream that pizza here is as good, actually, woodstocks has improved their pizza and very good now.

I don't think hot dogs travel well, but check out this and when feeling like 'splurging' order up:

http://www.loumalnatis.com/

You'll see the link to 'ship anywhere.' ;)

Jeff
02-05-2009, 06:34 PM
I don't think hot dogs travel well, but check out this and when feeling like 'splurging' order up:

http://www.loumalnatis.com/

You'll see the link to 'ship anywhere.' ;)

Dang I 'am getting ready to order, lol. actually I need NJ pizza , can't get good it Italian food here . Well it has gotten better but nothing like the real thing !!!!

hjmick
02-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Hot dogs,Yurt? One word: Sabretts.

Jeff
02-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Hot dogs,Yurt? One word: Sabretts.

Dang I'm getting hungry , lol, I get up into Long Island every now and then and there is a hot dog vendor off ever exit ( or so it seems) I have to stop and get me a couple ever time, lol

LiberalNation
02-10-2009, 07:28 PM
So I spent all last night pucking my guts up. Real thick puke. not sure what made me sick. Haven't any anything since last night, over 12 hours and as woozzy as my stomach is I don't expect to eat tonight either. Had a big chem exam an hour ago, it was brutal, just hope I got a C or higher.

Trigg
02-12-2009, 02:15 PM
So I spent all last night pucking my guts up. Real thick puke. not sure what made me sick. Haven't any anything since last night, over 12 hours and as woozzy as my stomach is I don't expect to eat tonight either. Had a big chem exam an hour ago, it was brutal, just hope I got a C or higher.

I did NOT need to read that.....gross. WAAAAAAYYYYYYY to much information

I do hope you're feeling better though.

Trigg
02-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Since summer is never going to get here I'm walking on my treadmill. I'd much rather walk outside, but it's to cold and damp.

On the up side I was listening to the classics, Mas Tequila and Bohemian rhapsody so the miles went quicker. I managed to do 3 miles in 30 minutes not to bad. If summer ever gets here at least I'll look ok in my bikini.

LiberalNation
02-13-2009, 03:17 PM
I don't mind walking in the cold. I do it anyway, quarter mile to campusand back wth a 40 pound pack on my back.

Frustration. I can still recover the chemistry but Algebra is my main concern now. I am on the cusp of having to drop it or risk a failing grade on my transcripts. I failed the first test, spent all these last two weeks relearning it and then the next test rolled around with me just finishing the last chapter test material. Seems a hopless cause now, I can't recover from two failed tests.

My parents are gona be pissed when they find I wasted $500 on a class I didn't pass. If I had just stayed on my game those first two weeks and hadn't slacked.

Abbey Marie
02-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Didn't you take Algebra in HS?

LiberalNation
02-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Yes, 3 years of it. My last high school class in it I made a D, barely passed and learned nothing.

I also had a semester of remedial algebra in college last fall which I made a B. I just have a hard time getting it.

Abbey Marie
02-13-2009, 11:55 PM
The only Math I was very good at was geometry.

Kathianne
02-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Yes, 3 years of it. My last high school class in it I made a D, barely passed and learned nothing.

I also had a semester of remedial algebra in college last fall which I made a B. I just have a hard time getting it.

Oh I hear you. I got a 36 on my verbal and a 10 on math. My counselor, was like, wtf? Repeat. Scored another 36 and went up to 11 in math. Went to state school my first year, transfered to U of C second. ;)

LiberalNation
02-14-2009, 11:01 PM
I may still have a chance in math. I left during the test when my professor left the room because I knew I couldn't do it. Just told him i got sick and now he says to meet him so I can make it up. If when I do this makeup and pass I can still pass. Just need 80s on all the future tests to end with a passing grade. Wish me luck, I am going to spend all monday in math tutoring learning the stuff. Test either tue. or later.

LiberalNation
02-15-2009, 10:39 PM
I got to file taxes for the first time in my life today and got all of my $100 back I paid in minus the $13 easy tax fee. Prolly wont file again next year though, unless I somehow get a job.

LiberalNation
02-16-2009, 06:28 PM
Sigh, I am clearly persacuted. I don't know why I continue to fight. :(

LiberalNation
02-22-2009, 08:16 PM
bored, bored, wish tomorrow would get here so I would have something to do.

LiberalNation
02-26-2009, 10:49 AM
chills, cough, sore throat, headache, bodyache, I think I have the flu. My brother had it last week. So miserable and I’m missing class.

LiberalNation
03-22-2009, 09:41 PM
last day of spring break. So sad, I like doing nothing.