PDA

View Full Version : Rant of the week

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

LiberalNation
02-23-2007, 03:17 PM
We scheduled for next years classes today. They changed a lot of stuff, now you don't get to pick between regular, honors, and AP classes the consolers do that by looking at your grades and test scores. You don't get a choice. The assholes have me slotted for honors English 4 instead of regular. I find this very annoying because English isn't one of my better subjects. I made A's in the classes two years in a role only because the classes were easy. They are gona go and cause me way more work to keep my all A's and B's with this crap next year. What bull. I wouldn’t have done so well on those standardized tests if I knew they were going to do this to me for it.

Abbey Marie
02-23-2007, 03:24 PM
We scheduled for next years classes today. They changed a lot of stuff, now you don't get to pick between regular, honors, and AP classes the consolers do that by looking at your grades and test scores. You don't get a choice. The assholes have me slotted for honors English 4 instead of regular. I find this very annoying because English isn't one of my better subjects. I made A's in the classes two years in a role only because the classes were easy. They are gona go and cause me way more work to keep my all A's and B's with this crap next year. What bull. I wouldn’t have done so well on those standardized tests if I knew they were going to do this to me for it.

I can see the benefits of both ways.
Our district allows the students to choose (as long as they have the pre-requisites for the particular course), and we like that too. The downside to that is that some kids think they can handle classes that they cannot, and it can drag down the whole class. My daughter has a friend in Honor's Algebra 2 with her, who just can't keep up and is failing. Everyone would be better off if she was placed in the correct level. :dunno:

glockmail
02-23-2007, 03:28 PM

But isn't this what liberalism strives for? Having guv'mint experts make choices for you?
I'd think you'd be happy.

darin
02-23-2007, 03:30 PM

You made 'A's with THAT grammar? :)

:D

Ask yourself this question: Is this problem/situation REALLY going to adversely affect my life? If the answer is 'no' then let it play out, aight? Wait and see how things unfold.

LiberalNation
02-23-2007, 03:30 PM
No and liberal is way to broad of brush to paint on everyone and every issues.
Republicans are just has big government and anti-choice.

LiberalNation
02-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Yep, I can read and remember things I've read. Or atleast read the side margins where they explain what the hell the story is talking about if not. Even the "big" words and vocab tests are half the class.

glockmail
02-23-2007, 03:34 PM
No and liberal is way to broad of brush to paint on everyone and every issues.
Republicans are just has big government and anti-choice. WTF? I thought you said you got an "A" in english?

LiberalNation
02-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Ask yourself this question: Is this problem/situation REALLY going to adversely affect my life? If the answer is 'no' then let it play out, aight? Wait and see how things unfold
No you bitch about it, making yourself feel better in the process.

OCA
02-23-2007, 03:37 PM
WTF? I thought you said you got an "A" in english?

LMAO I was just thinking the same thing, totally unreadable. I think remedial English is a better fit or English as a second language.

LiberalNation
02-23-2007, 03:38 PM
WTF? I thought you said you got an "A" in english?
What, you have never make a typo.

Like I said, grammer/english isn't my best subject. That's why I don't want to be stuck in that class.

glockmail
02-23-2007, 03:48 PM
What, you have never make a typo.

Like I said, grammer/english isn't my best subject. That's why I don't want to be stuck in that class.

I make plenny of typos, but I have no idea what you were trying to say.

LiberalNation
02-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Really, then how did you reply?

make just be made in that last posts but besides that it is readable

glockmail
02-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Really, then how did you reply?

make just be made in that last posts but besides that it is readable :bang3: :bang3: :bang3:

CockySOB
02-23-2007, 04:01 PM

Actually LN, all that work isn't a bad thing. Yeah, it'll suck rocks when you're trying to get all the homework done in that class and your others, but guess what? It's good preparation for the real world where we ALL have to pretty much take the work assignments as they come, and just grin and bear it.

Besides, if you aren't fully challenged, you'll never find out just how much you ARE capable of. And girl, I have faith in you!

02-23-2007, 04:11 PM

Yeah, heaven forbid they actually teach you how to work hard to get your grades...

Sorry i dont have much sympathy. Especially since going through both college and grad school and realizing how crappy the high schools prepare you for the real world. I wish they would have given me more work.

02-23-2007, 04:13 PM

:D

Ask yourself this question: Is this problem/situation REALLY going to adversely affect my life? If the answer is 'no' then let it play out, aight? Wait and see how things unfold.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. More work in English isnt a bad thing. I wish I did more in english. But then my skills have vastly improved since then.

darin
02-23-2007, 04:19 PM
make just be made in that last posts but besides that it is readable

Is your Grandfather names Walt? Archangel?

Abbey Marie
02-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Is your Grandfather names Walt? Archangel?

Lordy! Has LN talked about romantic boat rides with Grampa?

LiberalNation
02-23-2007, 04:36 PM
I distinctly remember that conversation.

Abbey Marie
02-23-2007, 04:37 PM
I distinctly remember that conversation.

Which conversation?

LiberalNation
02-23-2007, 04:39 PM
:dunno:

manu1959
02-23-2007, 04:46 PM
the point of school is to get out.....grades only serve that purpose

shattered
02-23-2007, 05:51 PM
We scheduled for next years classes today. They changed a lot of stuff, now you don't get to pick between regular, honors, and AP classes the consolers do that by looking at your grades and test scores. You don't get a choice. The assholes have me slotted for honors English 4 instead of regular. I find this very annoying because English isn't one of my better subjects. <b>I made A's in the classes two years in a <u>role</u></b> only because the classes were easy. They are gona go and cause me way more work to keep my all A's and B's with this crap next year. What bull. I wouldn’t have done so well on those standardized tests if I knew they were going to do this to me for it.

How?

shattered
02-23-2007, 05:52 PM
Oh. Nevermind. Guess someone else already covered that subject. :)

Mr. P
02-23-2007, 06:00 PM
All-Clad! :poke:

manu1959
02-23-2007, 06:00 PM

looks a lot like english only different...........

dan
02-23-2007, 06:01 PM
You got something against English as a subject? HUH????? ;) (PS: I just graduated college with an English degree).

Actually, I'm finding that quite a few job markets appreciate knowledge of the English language. No matter what job you end up with, at least 70% of that job will involve communication, and with a good knowledge of English, you can impress very quickly.

shattered
02-23-2007, 06:07 PM
looks a lot like english only different...........

*pinch* "Regular" is actually spelled right. :D

<font size=0>Calphalon, dammit!</font>

LiberalNation
02-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Cool so we agree I should be able to go into regular English instead of honors. What you see here is my political board speak. I type whatever my mind is thinking and get a lot of sound a like words wrong. Don’t know why but I can’t even see my mistakes until they’re pointed out sometimes. I see the word I was thinking and thought I typed.

Except Cocky, thanks man but the extra work would really suck.

manu1959
02-23-2007, 06:41 PM
*pinch* "Regular" is actually spelled right. :D

<font size=0>Calphalon, dammit!</font>

i am aware of that.....that is how you would end that phrase?....regular what? gas...

jimnyc
02-23-2007, 06:46 PM

I understand where you're coming from, to an extent. When I got out of HS and went to my first college in NJ, they wouldn't allow me to take the computer science courses I applied for. I feel since I'm paying, I should have the right to go to the courses I choose. If I fail, it's my own damn fault. Then again, they're the educational system and likely know more about what's best for our future education than us. I'm sure they have the students best interest in mind when deciding the proper avenue for courses.

Or just do what I do, leave college and enter a school that gears their courses directly at your field of study. I went to Cittone institute after my first college to get a direct education in computers so that I could start making the dough quicker! Unfortunately, the system knew best, and I ended up going to St. Johns a few years later! :)

CockySOB
02-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Except Cocky, thanks man but the extra work would really suck.

I'll clue ya in on something LN, the better your English skills, the more money you'll be able to earn. These days, everything boils down to good communication skills, and the written word has regained the lead as the most important of these.

And as much as it may suck right now, the rewards will be nice in the long term.

MtnBiker
02-23-2007, 07:08 PM

Welcome to government bureaucracy.

Sitarro
02-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Welcome to government bureaucracy.

She'll just love government run health care,.:laugh2:

manu1959
02-23-2007, 07:23 PM
She'll just love government run health care,.:laugh2:

depends which govt. .... the health care i got in sweden, danmark and finland was amazing ..... or maybe it was just the sponge baths by the hot blonde nurses .....

LiberalNation
02-23-2007, 07:31 PM
She'll just love government run health care
Read my list of views, newsspeak thread, lounge. I don't support government run health or big government in many cases.

Gaffer
02-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Read my list of views, newsspeak thread, lounge. I don't support government run health or big government in many cases.

well you better change your name because those are exactly the thing libs want.

jackass
02-23-2007, 07:46 PM

I wish you guys would all get off her case! Gosh! Didnt you read her post? Geez!! She does well in English..but now that she is in college prep English she is gonna have to do like alot more work and stuff. Gosh! Liek I get its al that tests fault. Like I bet if you didnt like do good on it and stuff then you could have slacked all through school! Gosh!!

LiberalNation
02-23-2007, 07:48 PM
lol jackass gets it.

manu1959
02-23-2007, 07:51 PM
I wish you guys would all get off her case! Gosh! Didnt you read her post? Geez!! She does well in English..but now that she is in college prep English she is gonna have to do like alot more work and stuff. Gosh! Liek I get its al that tests fault. Like I bet if you didnt like do good on it and stuff then you could have slacked all through school! Gosh!!

like oh my god...i totally took ap classes and worked my ass off...now i sit at work and do this and make lots of money..........

shattered
02-23-2007, 07:58 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/mmlnt/whack.gif

Gaffer
02-23-2007, 08:00 PM
well LN based on what all you have said on here I would not hire you for a job because your a slakard. Your not willing to apply yourself to your full potential. But as you get older that may change.

LiberalNation
02-23-2007, 08:09 PM
I am willing to apply myself to my full potential in things that interest me. A bunch of English homework isn't one of those things. Just something I "have" to do to get through high school. Why not want it to be as painless as possible.

I already take honors history and science classes and have throughout high school. I don’t need anymore. I have to work my butt off taking them.

MtnBiker
02-23-2007, 08:09 PM
How is she a slacker?

MtnBiker
02-23-2007, 08:13 PM
I wish I had studied english more thoroughly in school. I am constantly checking my grammar. It is just my belief that using correct grammar will attribute more creditablity to myself.

shattered
02-23-2007, 08:14 PM
I am willing to apply myself to my full potential in things that interest me. A bunch of English homework isn't one of those things. Just something I "have" to do to get through high school. Why not want it to be as painless as possible.

I already take honors history and science classes and have throughout high school. I don’t need anymore. I have to work my butt off taking them.

The English homework will give you the skills required to fill out a job application, as well as put together a resume that's not one giant run-on sentence littered with "typos", and stupid mistakes.

Given your grammar skills just on this board, I think you need all the help you can get "forced" upon you.

Gaffer
02-23-2007, 08:18 PM

OK I can understand that if you already are carrying a full load of other honor classes. From your other posts it just sounded like you wanted to get out of work. But if you are planning to go to college the english class will be a big help. Without it you could end up in a remedial english class do the same things your doing now and that will be REALLY boring. It's a lot of extra work put on you but it will pay off in the long run.

So I'll retract the slakard comment.

LiberalNation
02-23-2007, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't mind taking it if it wouldn't hurt my GPA when I get a lower grade in it than I have in the past. As for grammer, they stopped teaching it freshman year. Now it's more towards reading and understanding what you read which I'm better at. I just get other people to help me proof my papers of the mistakes I can't always see when I need it. I actually turned in a paper last year that my teacher likes so well she gave me an A even though the entire thing was covered with red because of the sloppy grammer I didn't have the time to proof out.

02-23-2007, 08:23 PM
You got something against English as a subject? HUH????? ;) (PS: I just graduated college with an English degree).

Actually, I'm finding that quite a few job markets appreciate knowledge of the English language. No matter what job you end up with, at least 70% of that job will involve communication, and with a good knowledge of English, you can impress very quickly.

I figured out in college that if you want to be great you either have to have technical/scientific know how or you have to know how to communicate. I figured I'd focus on communication skills cause i didnt want to do technilogical stuff.

Mr. P
02-23-2007, 08:55 PM
I wish I had studied english more thoroughly in school. I am constantly checking my grammar. It is just my belief that using correct grammar will attribute more creditablity to myself.

Same here, but I got Southern English down real good.

CockySOB
02-23-2007, 11:13 PM

That's the truth. And as I already pointed out, written communication has come to the forefront of communications skills again. For a short while it was supplanted by the immediacy of spoken communication (when cell-phone technology really shot to prominence).

BTW Mtn, the correct word choice would be "credibility" and "English" should be capitalized as it is a proper name. But I won't hold it against you. :laugh2:

MtnBiker
02-23-2007, 11:42 PM
BTW Mtn, the correct word choice would be "credibility" and "English" should be capitalized as it is a proper name. But I won't hold it against you. :laugh2:

A-ha, noted, thanks for the help. :D

Gaffer
02-24-2007, 10:43 AM
That's the truth. And as I already pointed out, written communication has come to the forefront of communications skills again. For a short while it was supplanted by the immediacy of spoken communication (when cell-phone technology really shot to prominence).

Sometimes I miss capitalizing. either by typo or just typing too fast. But in most cases where I don't capitalize a name its done on purpose. Shows my distain for them or the place as the case may be.

LiberalNation
03-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Still pissed about this. I am not good in english they are gona lower my GPA with this shit.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2007/mar/18/honors-classes-to-be-required-for-some-at-hchs/?gleaner=1/

Starting next school year, the bar will be raised for high-performing students at County High School.

Students who score 66 percent or higher on the spring Measures of Academic Progress, a new nationally normed test that is assessed three times per year, will be placed in honors classes starting this August. A score of 66 percent or above is considered in the high or gifted range.

"It is an expectation that those who have the ability to learn and perform at high levels -- given instruction and support -- will do so," said Kim Marshall, assistant principal of curriculum and instruction at County High.

While provisions will be made for students on a case-by-case basis, students will not be able to drop an honors class unless they get the approval of administrators at the high school, said Robin Thacker, director of secondary education for the school district.

Officials at County High made the decision in early February in order to address what they said is a common problem.

According to Superintendent Thomas Richey, students sometimes "shop around' for classes where they can obtain the best grades. If a higher level class is not giving the student the grade he or she wants, that student sometimes drops that class.

This means that high numbers of students who were in honors classes but drop those classes because they are displeased with their grade then overwhelm more basic classes, inflating the student-teacher ratio. Teachers then must deal with more students than they are prepared to handle based on a class schedule that is created before the start of school in August, officials said.

Specific figures about how high the student-teacher ratio becomes as a result of grade shopping was not available.

Students will be allowed to take advanced placement courses, which are more difficult than honors classes, if they meet certain prerequisites, but AP classes will not be mandatory. Marshall said that while there are always students who choose to take honors classes instead of AP classes, the school does not anticipate a decline in its AP enrollment as a result of the new policy.

"As more students experience success in our honors program, it should help expand our AP program," Marshall said.

Also starting next year, students who meet the prerequisites and enroll in advanced placement courses will be required to take the AP exam, a test that may determine whether students receive college credit. AP students will be required to pay the AP test fee at the time book fees are due. Previously, students would take AP classes but were not required to take the AP exam.

Meanwhile, students who receive a score of between 50 and 65 percent on the spring Measures of Academic Progress test or who meet other criteria including other standardized test scores can petition to enroll in honors classes with parent permission, officials said. But if they elect to take the honors classes, they will also be required to remain in those classes regardless of their grades.

Richey said a long-term benefit of requiring students to take higher level classes is that they will be better prepared for life after high school, regardless of whether they get a job, enter the military or go to college.

Nationally in higher education, 63 percent of public two-year institutions and 38 percent of public four-year institutions reported that their students averaged a year or more of remedial course-taking, according to a 2004 study by the National Center for Education Statistics that was based on figures from fall in 2000.

In Kentucky, 37 percent of students at four-year public universities took remedial courses and 50 percent of students at four-year independent colleges and universities took remedial classes. Also, 59 percent of students at two-year colleges took a remedial course of some kind.

This is according to the 2002 High School Feedback Report put together by the Council on Post-Secondary Education and the Kentucky Department of Education, said Lisa Gross, spokeswoman for the state department of education.

Local officials said the new policy should go a long way in encouraging students to perform at a higher level. They also do not expect the new requirement to increase the high school's drop-out rate.

SassyLady
03-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Still pissed about this. I am not good in english they are gona lower my GPA with this shit.

Welcome to the world the rest of us live in Libby......where we are measured on our knowledge, experience and skills.

If your boss gave you a few projects to complete, do you think they will let you toss out the one that you might not complete .... and say, "hey, we won't count it as part of your review process"???

Give me a break. You should be thanking your school for trying to educate you to survive in the real world.:boohoo: :boohoo:

LiberalNation
03-19-2007, 07:40 PM
New rant, freakin anal ass school admin/teachers whatever piss me off.

Okay its lunch, there’s long line so I decide to head to the library to get a book. Actually the lord of the flies that someone here suggested I read. Some guy stops me, asks for a pass, say I don't have one just going to the library which is a few steps away. He says no can't do it without a pass from the principle which would have took forever cuss first you have to find a principle, then you got to get him to write ya a note and get nasty looks cuss your bothering him to get it and I did want to eat that day. So being the disobedient person I am just walked a little ways back, wait till he left and got my book. Good book by the way which is nice since I went through so much trouble to get it. You don't have time between classes to go to the library and teachers won’t let you go. Lunch is really the only time I got and the librarians don’t even demand you have a pass. Just teachers if they’re in a bad mood and want to be anal that day.

LiberalNation
04-22-2007, 10:15 PM
New rant. State testing begins tomorrow for the junior class. Gona use us as guinea pigs this year and make us test in the gym. I personal think it's bullshit because their will be a ton of kids packed in there and when that happens it gets really hot. The place also carries sound extremely well and even footsteps can be noisy. Why can't we just test in homeroom like normal. Also gona make us all use the same closest bathroom that day and it's the suckiest nastiest ones there are in the entire school made even worse by the ton of kids.

But apparently they think doing it thisaway will somehow improve scores so anyway. I normally like testing, it’s real easy and no work but it wont be any fun if I have to test in the gym all day without excess to a computer to play on.

LiberalNation
04-22-2007, 10:31 PM
The freakin school automated system just called about and hour ago my mom just told me. I'm supposed to be getting a good night sleep and a hearty breakfast tomorrow.

But I'm not sleepy yet and it's ten. Guess i should go to bed and at least try to sleep.

Abbey Marie
04-23-2007, 12:55 AM
Good luck, LN! And stay out of those bathrooms. Yuck.

LiberalNation
04-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Morning testing is finally over. We will have 4th class and lunch then test for three more hours. Isn't too hard, math isn't my best subject but I think i knew about 60% of the questions.

LiberalNation
04-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Ahh testing is totally over now. Only a few more weeks of school left.

Anway new Rant.

So this guy got jumped two days ago by about 6 black guys and they beat the shit outa him. Busted nose, gash in the head that needed stitches, staples for another. Anyway this girl that liked him saw it and has been going on and on and on. I have to sit by her for 2 hours a day and normally wouldn't mind except it's gettin on my nerves now a bit. She's nearly had a panic attack yesterday when she fell asleep then dreamed about it and woke up. She saw him being out in the ambulance and all and he was her friend. So she doesn't care what she gona find those people and kick this one girls ass that was talkin about it tomorrow. SHe doesn't care if she has to bring a gun to school/use a weapon whatever. On and on, they were trying to look them up in the yearbook today. They were shakin mad.

Anyway it's talked about by some others in 6th too except that was a bit more interesting. People think it might turn into a race thing since the guy was white and all those other guys jumped him were black like last year when about 20 black dudes jumped a white dude. They also had weapons when they did it but then that other guy was a redneck and this guy isn't and it didn't start because of a race thing so hopefully no escalations gona happen.

glockmail
04-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Ahh testing is totally over now. Only a few more weeks of school left.

Anway new Rant.

So this guy got jumped two days ago by about 6 black guys and they beat the shit outa him. Busted nose, gash in the head that needed stitches, staples for another. Anyway this girl that liked him saw it and has been going on and on and on. I have to sit by her for 2 hours a day and normally wouldn't mind except it's gettin on my nerves now a bit. She's nearly had a panic attack yesterday when she fell asleep then dreamed about it and woke up. She saw him being out in the ambulance and all and he was her friend. So she doesn't care what she gona find those people and kick this one girls ass that was talkin about it tomorrow. SHe doesn't care if she has to bring a gun to school/use a weapon whatever. On and on, they were trying to look them up in the yearbook today. They were shakin mad.

Anyway it's talked about by some others in 6th too except that was a bit more interesting. People think it might turn into a race thing since the guy was white and all those other guys jumped him were black like last year when about 20 black dudes jumped a white dude. They also had weapons when they did it but then that other guy was a redneck and this guy isn't and it didn't start because of a race thing so hopefully no escalations gona happen.

Since its 6 blacks on one white guy it couldn't possibly be a hate crime. He musta deserved it.

LiberalNation
04-26-2007, 08:14 PM
I don't think it was a race thing.

LiberalNation
04-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Forgot my biggest rant of the day. After testing those assholes didn't give us our snack after we finished today cuz it was the last day and we wouldn't be testing again ever. That was a dirty trick to pull. They told us we'd get a snack after we finished morning testing every day and didn't say otherwise before we started today.

Yurt
04-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Forgot my biggest rant of the day. After testing those assholes didn't give us our snack after we finished today cuz it was the last day and we wouldn't be testing again ever. That was a dirty trick to pull. They told us we'd get a snack after we finished morning testing every day and didn't say otherwise before we started today.

boofrickin hoo. you are lucky to get another chance at a test. imagine your whole grade depending on just one test. no snacks.

Abbey Marie
04-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Snacks make you chubby. :coffee:

glockmail
04-27-2007, 06:03 AM
I don't think it was a race thing. Of course not. It would only be a race thing if 6 whites jumped a black. :pee:

glockmail
04-27-2007, 06:03 AM
Snacks make you chubby. :coffee: LN's a porker? :poke:

CockySOB
04-27-2007, 06:50 AM
LN's a porker? :poke:

Not very! She's model-thin....

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 06:52 AM
Of course not. It would only be a race thing if 6 whites jumped a black.

No it would be a race thing if race issues led to the fight but in this case it didn't.

glockmail
04-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Not very! She's model-thin.... Ouch! Show us some pics!!

glockmail
04-27-2007, 07:28 AM
No it would be a race thing if race issues led to the fight but in this case it didn't.
No, if whites attack a black they are automatically racists and rednecks.

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Not around here. If white are rednecks and attack blacks it could be a race thing. But if a white guy and a black guy get into a fight over a girl or some words said, prolly not.

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 07:45 AM
boofrickin hoo. you are lucky to get another chance at a test. imagine your whole grade depending on just one test. no snacks.

Imagine but that doesn't change what they said and how they didn't follow thru because they no longer needed us to make the school look good by doing well on a test that doesn't affect us.

glockmail
04-27-2007, 07:55 AM
Not around here. If white are rednecks and attack blacks it could be a race thing. But if a white guy and a black guy get into a fight over a girl or some words said, prolly not. Whites are always racist if they attack black, unless the guy is a liberal. But in that case the liberal would never attack anyone, physically.

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 12:17 PM
That thinkin is backassward and you know it. Just sayin it to be annoying but there was some race drama today.

Actually this has been a drama filled day. You can feel the tension. In 1st period two black guys were complaining to the teacher about why she hadn't got there grades in. there grades shouldn't be this low, ect. She totally went off on them. Said stop bitching, I being to good teacher let you make up stuff due 6 months ago so you can pass and all you want to do is complain about me. Of course they got smart so more yellin. Then she left the room and took a walk. It was a tense situation and stressfull in there. So when she leaves they claim racisim and how she can't talk to them thataway, gona get their mommas ect.

Then comes 2nd period, this other girl comes in late and she's pissed almost to tears. The sweapers that clear the halls after the bell went into the bathroom where she was doing her business and it made her mad. They have no right to look at me in the restroom I think was the word. Teacher didn't want to deal with it so sent her to the guidence office, she didn't want to go and fighted about that too but finally left. More tension and stress for everybody. Then the teacher made a comment about the only new student in the room when she let another girl chill in her class during lunch and how a cell phone was stolen and she got pissed. Sayin I didn't steal that fucking white girls shit. Teacher says watch the langauge and she can't wait to get out of this highschool when race is always being brought up and discrimination claimed.

3rd my honor class was calm and good.

Then comes 4th and the teachers on our ass yellin at people and we get a real mean lecture so more tension and I can't wait to get out of this freakin school. Early release so I'm leaving in 15 minutes. Supposed to be in lunch but I couldn't stand anymore drama and the library is a lot nicer.

Abbey Marie
04-27-2007, 02:41 PM
LN's a porker? :poke:

How would I know? She's probably thin and gorgeous!

glockmail
04-27-2007, 03:13 PM
That thinkin is backassward and you know it. Just sayin it to be annoying but there was some race drama today......

You just proved my point. Two black boys show disrespect to a white teacher and that makes her a racist.

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 03:14 PM
No it doesn't. They may claim she's racist but it wont fly with anyone so it's just bad mouthing that doesn't mean much.

glockmail
04-27-2007, 03:15 PM
How would I know? She's probably thin and gorgeous! Lesbians are only hot in movies. In the real world they look like Rosie O'Donell.

glockmail
04-27-2007, 03:16 PM
No it doesn't. They may claim she's racist but it wont fly with anyone so it's just bad mouthing that doesn't mean much. she's racist because she didn't give them everything they ax'd for.

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 03:17 PM
and your just bein annoying talkin shit.

glockmail
04-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Yes, but didn't I sum up the attitude perfectly? :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
04-27-2007, 04:29 PM
LN, what do you consider a redneck? You implied that when the fight was between the redneck(s) and the blacks, it was obviously based on race.

glockmail
04-27-2007, 04:36 PM
LN, what do you consider a redneck? You implied that when the fight was between the redneck(s) and the blacks, it was obviously based on race. A redneck is any white who disagrees with a black.

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 04:40 PM
LN, what do you consider a redneck? You implied that when the fight was between the redneck(s) and the blacks, it was obviously based on race.

You can just tell. It's just a group/clique, like goth or emo or rocker or black or asian or preps.

glockmail
04-27-2007, 04:42 PM
You are so judgemental! :poke:

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 04:43 PM
I am.

Abbey Marie
04-27-2007, 04:44 PM
You can just tell. It's just a group, like goth or emo or rocker or black or asian or preps.

Oh no. When I ask my daughter to describe emo, etc., she says the same thing, you just know them when you see them. So help me out here- how would you describe "scene"(sic)? And redneck? Surely you can find some words to describe them.

glockmail
04-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Typical of a lib. But you admit it. :clap:

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Rednecks, normally have a more pronounced southern accent. They're dress is different from say blacks or goths. Wear camo a lot. Many are in the FFA but not all. Drive trucks and go muddin and stuff like that. If your in high school you just recognize the different cliques and who is what.

There's also groups in the rednecks at my cousins school in a more rural area. Their you have the hunters & the ag. FFA people. Blacks and white girls that hang with them are normally in a group and the guys dress more ghetto but you can't really tell a difference with the girls.

Rednecks & blacks are opposing groups tho so if they fight or jump each others members it's normally a race thing.

Abbey Marie
04-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Any help on the "scene" kids?

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Scene kids are kinda a mix of emo with preppy. They dress in funky styles and get haircuts that are different. Dye their hair either black or bleach blond or two different colors at once half the time. A lot of the guys wear girl styled pants. Dark makeup sometimes but they don't normally wear all black and have as many chains as goths. They don't normally cut themselves like emo's do.

Abbey Marie
04-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Scene kids are kinda a mix of emo with preppy. They dress in funky styles and get haircuts that are different. Dye their hair either black or bleach blond or two different colors at once half the time. A lot of the guys wear girl styled pants. Dark makeup sometimes but they don't normally wear all black and have as many chains as goths.

Goth lite?

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Not really, it's different. Their style is funky not totally dark.

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Here's link that might explain things better.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scene+kid

Abbey Marie
04-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Here's link that might explain things better.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scene+kid

Thanks! In case anyone else is interested, here's a pic and a description from the site LN gave me:

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/scenekid-28059.jpg

scene kid = boy/girl. usually seen wearing neon colors w/ black. leopard and/or zebra print obsessed. hair colored at least 2 different colors and cut at different angles. male scene kids usually try to attain over 500 friends on myspace and post pictures up of themselves making out with other boys. female scene kids just ADORE neon colored eye shadow and wear one thousand layers of eyeliner. hair of both sexes is usually parted to the side.

Mr. P
04-27-2007, 05:19 PM
I see groups described, is anyone an 'Individual' these days? I'll bet they're called nerds.

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 05:22 PM
I'm an individual. Not sure what group I'm in.

glockmail
04-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I see groups described, is anyone an 'Individual' these days? I'll bet they're called nerds. Funny that by trying to express their individualism they all look the same.

glockmail
04-27-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm an individual. Not sure what group I'm in.
Libs.

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 05:26 PM
School groups aren't really political man.

Abbey Marie
04-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I see groups described, is anyone an 'Individual' these days? I'll bet they're called nerds.

The ones who aren't in groups end up like either Bill Gates or Cho. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
04-27-2007, 05:27 PM

I understand what you mean.

glockmail
04-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Social libs.

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Not really, most people are more conservative in this area compared to some places. Anti-abortion ect, then not even those in the different groups.

glockmail
04-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Not really, most people are more conservative. Anti-abortion ect, then not even those in the different groups.School groups aren't really political [wo]man.

Mr. P
04-27-2007, 05:57 PM
The ones who aren't in groups end up like either Bill Gates or Cho. :laugh2:

Most like Gates I think.

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 05:59 PM
School groups aren't really political [wo]man.
The groups are not based on politics man. Not that individual with in them don't have the rare political belief/thought.

Mr. P
04-27-2007, 06:09 PM

Of course they are, at their base anyway, but most kids don't see that far.
It's in there. Survey these groups, ask about social issues and see how they lean politically. I promise they lean one way or another. Many are to stupid to think or have an independent thought which is why they're in a group to start with. Have fun with it.

LiberalNation
04-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Yeah that wouldn't go over well. Just starting a weird conv with someone. Anyway if the rednecks smoke pot, ect. then you have the church kids that are real religious. Then you have the out there people who claim to be satanists or aitheist to get a rise outa people cuz this is a really christian place and all.

LiberalNation
05-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Lots for this week.

1. In a county beside mine they had their prom last weekend and the dress policy said tuxes, dresses or dress slacks and shirts was the dress code. Well a girl wore a tux and they wouldn't let her in and sent her home. That is total freakin bullshit. She was following dress code. Just a bunch of asshole. I think she sueing, hope she wins.

2. Some asshole dumped koolaid into the airconditioning units and broke them last night. It was freakin hot all day. There's a $500 dollar reward for their capture but doubt they will be.

3. Some other assholes slashed all 4 of the principles tires and fucked up his car. Now he's pissed and taken it out on everyone. Also a $500 reward.

4. Proms this weekend for us. Not gona go or maybe I will and wear a tux just for the hell of it. Not a senior tho so I'd hafta find someone to go with but will prolly just stay home.

Mr. P
05-03-2007, 05:22 PM
3. Some other assholes slashed all 4 of the principles tires and fucked up his car.
Not good..4 tires at least $350.

2. Some asshole dumped koolaid into the airconditioning units and broke them last night. It was freakin hot all day. There's a $500 dollar reward for their capture but doubt they will be.

800 kids hot as hell because of 4 slashed tires, sweet revenge. :laugh2:

LiberalNation
07-10-2007, 02:32 PM
New rant, so I've worked a week at they job I told ya'll about. Make $7, 6 hours, 5 days a week.

Now for the rant, the freakin heat is terrible. Been in the 90s and humid everyday I worked and I hafta stay outside all day long with just one 10 minute break. Also the job is boring as hell, I just stamp hands for people wanting to go in and out of the clubhouse after paying so they can get back in without paying again and make sure everyone that goes in has one. Wouldn't be too bad but it's so slow there sometimes and setting looking at nothing for hours on end int he end without a thing to do. Glad it's only a few month summer job. I'd rather work in fast food or a store, at least there it's air conditioned and you have something to do.

Abbey Marie
07-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Sounds like a great job for doing some reading? Get one of those cooling things you wear around your neck like a scarf.

LiberalNation
07-10-2007, 05:06 PM
It is that. I memorized the constitution amendments last sunday. Always wanted to read the bible and printed off like 10 pages of it from the net that I'll read tomorrow. Did that last tue. as well but it's a pretty dry an uninteresting read. Now I know why I've never read the bible thru.

nevadamedic
07-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Not good..4 tires at least $350.

800 kids hot as hell because of 4 slashed tires, sweet revenge. :laugh2:

I remember the good old days of High School Pranks. We would always go and trash our rivals school during Homecoming week before the big game, and they would do the same to out. Not saying I participated in it ;)

jimnyc
07-10-2007, 06:43 PM
New rant, so I've worked a week at they job I told ya'll about. Make $7, 6 hours, 5 days a week.

Now for the rant, the freakin heat is terrible. Been in the 90s and humid everyday I worked and I hafta stay outside all day long with just one 10 minute break. Also the job is boring as hell, I just stamp hands for people wanting to go in and out of the clubhouse after paying so they can get back in without paying again and make sure everyone that goes in has one. Wouldn't be too bad but it's so slow there sometimes and setting looking at nothing for hours on end int he end without a thing to do. Glad it's only a few month summer job. I'd rather work in fast food or a store, at least there it's air conditioned and you have something to do.

Look up "at will" employment. Use it to your advantage :)

LiberalNation
07-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Yeah but there are a lot of teenagers in this town and not enough jobs. You really hafta know someone to get hired like seconds cousins friend friend and all that crap. Small town politics and all. Only have this job cuz a freind of my moms went to work there as a supervisor.

remie
07-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Yeah but there are a lot of teenagers in this town and not enough jobs. You really hafta know someone to get hired like seconds cousins friend friend and all that crap. Small town politics and all. Only have this job cuz a freind of my moms went to work there as a supervisor.

Where is your job LN? Just curious.....sounds like a racetrack

dan
07-11-2007, 09:01 AM
I remember the good old days of High School Pranks. We would always go and trash our rivals school during Homecoming week before the big game, and they would do the same to out. Not saying I participated in it ;)

It was a tradition at my HS for the seniors to mess up the school the night before the last day of school (seniors didn't have to go that day). We kind of took it a little further than those before us, but nothing outrageous (for example, we put all the picnic tables on the roof).

Anyway, our disciplinarian was a big dick, and he actually had a sherriff staked out at the exit, waiting for us when we left. He stopped my friend BJ (luckily, he was one of the only ones who hadn't been drinking) and actually took him in. The cop told him to call everyone that was there to get us to come down and turn ourselves in. So, BJ called the one guy in our class that everyone hated and got him to come in!:laugh2:

Anyway, we didn't get in any trouble, but ours was the last year they had that tradition at our school. Also, we made the local paper, and one particular thing that I had personally done (running a bag of trash up the flagpole; stupid, I know) was mentioned, so that was cool.

LiberalNation
07-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Where is your job LN? Just curious.....sounds like a racetrack
Horse racetrack.

dan
07-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Horse racetrack.

I would think there'd be plenty of oddballs hanging out there to keep you busy, no? Or am I just the only one who likes to marvel at weirdos?

remie
07-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Horse racetrack.

I thought as much. Which one? If you are western KY gotta be Ellis or KY Downs.

remie
07-11-2007, 12:48 PM
I would think there'd be plenty of oddballs hanging out there to keep you busy, no? Or am I just the only one who likes to marvel at weirdos?

One of the joys of the racetrack. You see every social sector known to man. From the ultra rich to the guy betting his last two bucks. Its a great place to people watch.

jackass
07-11-2007, 02:34 PM

Who doesnt?!?!? One of the things I miss MOST about NYC!

LiberalNation
07-11-2007, 03:35 PM
I thought as much. Which one? If you are western KY gotta be Ellis or KY Downs.
Ellis Park. Not many weirdos, it's like an old folks home from wen. to fri. People with walkers and canes and oxygen tanks. Nearly everybody over 60.

jimnyc
07-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Horse racetrack.

Oh man, that's awesome! Put me down for $10 across the board on #7 in the 7th tonight! :)

I used to go to the Meadowlands and Freehold Raceway in NJ all the time. Prefer the harness racing myself.

nevadamedic
07-11-2007, 05:14 PM
It was a tradition at my HS for the seniors to mess up the school the night before the last day of school (seniors didn't have to go that day). We kind of took it a little further than those before us, but nothing outrageous (for example, we put all the picnic tables on the roof).

Anyway, our disciplinarian was a big dick, and he actually had a sherriff staked out at the exit, waiting for us when we left. He stopped my friend BJ (luckily, he was one of the only ones who hadn't been drinking) and actually took him in. The cop told him to call everyone that was there to get us to come down and turn ourselves in. So, BJ called the one guy in our class that everyone hated and got him to come in!:laugh2:

Anyway, we didn't get in any trouble, but ours was the last year they had that tradition at our school. Also, we made the local paper, and one particular thing that I had personally done (running a bag of trash up the flagpole; stupid, I know) was mentioned, so that was cool.

That reminds me of the good old days back at Scout camp. We always had a female Handy Craft Area Driector and we would sneak into her tent while she was working and take her Bra's and Underwear and run them up the flag pole at night so when we assembled at the Flag Poles to do the morning flags and pledge she would be imberrassed because it would be in front of clost to 15 troops and 25-30 staff members and of course they all knew who it was since she was the only female.

remie
07-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Oh man, that's awesome! Put me down for $10 across the board on #7 in the 7th tonight! :)

I used to go to the Meadowlands and Freehold Raceway in NJ all the time. Prefer the harness racing myself.

LOL on 7/7/07 number 7 won the 7th race. No shit. The ultimate hunch bet.

remie
07-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Ellis Park. Not many weirdos, it's like an old folks home from wen. to fri. People with walkers and canes and oxygen tanks. Nearly everybody over 60.

We run the occasional horse there. I will give you a shout next time I am there.

LiberalNation
07-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Cool, I'm outside right in front of the clubhouse doors.

Do you own horses that race or are you a trainer ect. The lady who workes the gate to get in doesn't like owners cuz they don't ever want to show their badges to get in cuz they think they own the place. She's supposed to check them tho.

It's been cooler and less boring since I been bringing my ipod and listening to it on low in one ear so not hating my job as much anymore.

LiberalNation
07-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Finally got my paycheck the rant part would be it ain't big enough but $164 for 25 hours of work is pretty good. Unfortunately I need to make at least a $1000 to get the new motorcycle I want but this jobs only gona last till September 5 and I’ll be working a lot less during August cuz schools gona start.

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Finally got my paycheck the rant part would be it ain't big enough but $164 for 25 hours of work is pretty good. Unfortunately I need to make at least a $1000 to get the new motorcycle I want but this jobs only gona last till September 5 and I’ll be working a lot less during August cuz schools gona start.

What do you do?

LiberalNation
07-20-2007, 04:26 PM
I hate my job, hate it. Aren't allowed to bring books to read anymore, well people still do but I can't cuz the boss can see me if she walks my way. I did nothing today. It wasn't hot but I sit and did nothing, no one to talk to, no work to do at all 95% of the time. Can't believe it'sd so hard to sit still and stare at a brick wall all day. Mind numbing is what it is. Even worse when I see pother workers talking and reading their books. Blah.

Abbey Marie
07-20-2007, 04:35 PM
I hate my job, hate it. Aren't allowed to bring books to read anymore, well people still do but I can't cuz the boss can see me if she walks my way. I did nothing today. It wasn't hot but I sit and did nothing, no one to talk to, no work to do at all 95% of the time. Can't believe it'sd so hard to sit still and stare at a brick wall all day. Mind numbing is what it is. Even worse when I see pother workers talking and reading their books. Blah.

Can't say that I blame you. Your boss should either give you other duties to occupy your time, or let you read.

jimnyc
07-20-2007, 04:36 PM

Download some e-books, get some inconspicuous earplugs and you're all set!

LiberalNation
07-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Download some e-books, get some inconspicuous earplugs and you're all set!
Good idea man. I already listen to my ipod and run the headphones under my shirt. Now I just need to download some things. :cheers2:

LiberalNation
07-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Can't say that I blame you. Your boss should either give you other duties to occupy your time, or let you read.
lol, I thought so to but wouldn't dare tell her that. My mom would be pissed if I got fired. She wont let me quit either.

LiberalNation
07-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Okay anybody have any book suggestions. Have Night on my ipod now. Can't decide what else I want.

The bibles like 50 hours long but I'm bettin it's boring and my goal is to eliminate the bordom.

jimnyc
07-21-2007, 06:13 AM
Okay anybody have any book suggestions. Have Night on my ipod now. Can't decide what else I want.

The bibles like 50 hours long but I'm bettin it's boring and my goal is to eliminate the bordom.

Here's a few sites to get you started:

http://www.free-books.org/
http://www.audiobooks.org/
http://www.freeclassicaudiobooks.com/

LiberalNation
07-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Cool, thanks for the links.

Pale Rider
07-21-2007, 10:45 AM
I'll clue ya in on something LN, the better your English skills, the more money you'll be able to earn. These days, everything boils down to good communication skills, and the written word has regained the lead as the most important of these.

And as much as it may suck right now, the rewards will be nice in the long term.

And the liberals that continue to educate, test, and allow aliens to become American citizens all using a foreign language don't understand that why?

LiberalNation
08-02-2007, 08:37 PM
So back to school tomorrow. :(

My senior year. Hoping to make the best of it. Taking a health science class that'll have me working outside school at clinical site 4 days a week, 3 periods a day. Two weeks of theory first which would be bad except the teachers terrible. I've had to put up with her for 2 years now to get in this class. Now I'll hafta be in her room 3 hours a day for the near future. Then I have chemistry, Algebra 2 advanced topics, English 4, and sociology.

CockySOB
08-02-2007, 10:49 PM
So back to school tomorrow. :(

My senior year. Hoping to make the best of it. Taking a health science class that'll have me working outside school at clinical site 4 days a week, 3 periods a day. Two weeks of theory first which would be bad except the teachers terrible. I've had to put up with her for 2 years now to get in this class. Now I'll hafta be in her room 3 hours a day for the near future. Then I have chemistry, Algebra 2 advanced topics, English 4, and sociology.

Enjoy it hon, 'cause real life is comin' up and lemme tell ya - she's a royal bitch!

Seriously though, enjoy your senior year!

nevadamedic
08-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Enjoy it hon, 'cause real life is comin' up and lemme tell ya - she's a royal bitch!

Seriously though, enjoy your senior year!

Senior year is just one big party. I really miss the Senior Pranks.

actsnoblemartin
08-03-2007, 02:41 AM
sorry about your job man, your boss is acting like a biznatch.

nevadamedic
08-03-2007, 02:45 AM
sorry about your job man, your boss is acting like a biznatch.

Actually LN is a female..........She is also underage..............

dan
08-03-2007, 07:37 AM
Actually LN is a female..........She is also underage..............

Just thought you'd throw that in there, eh?:laugh2:

LiberalNation
08-03-2007, 08:11 AM
In homeroom now. 8 more hours to go.

jimnyc
08-03-2007, 08:20 AM
In homeroom now. 8 more hours to go.

Damn, been in school for just a few short moments and you're already on the 'net? :laugh2:

LiberalNation
08-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Yep comps in homeroom free to use. Couldn't leave you all out of my first day. Just got my locker and comb.

jimnyc
08-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Yep comps in homeroom free to use. Couldn't leave you all out of my first day. Just got my locker and comb.

Cool, update us again when you get to the girls locker room, and please provide photo updates (only the legal ones of course!)

dan
08-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Cool, update us again when you get to the girls locker room, and please provide photo updates (only the legal ones of course!)

Speak for yourself, there, Jim. Bring on the underage boobies!:slap:

nevadamedic
08-03-2007, 12:15 PM

You need to have a talk with your brother!

dan
08-03-2007, 12:53 PM
You need to have a talk with your brother!
You do, cuz I'm so cool.:finger3:

nevadamedic
08-03-2007, 12:56 PM
You do, cuz I'm so cool.:finger3:

Anyway, what kind of drugs are you on? :laugh2:

dan
08-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Anyway, what kind of drugs are you on?
Whaddaya got?:cool:

LiberalNation
08-07-2007, 07:48 AM
Some jackass hall gaurd wouldn't let me back to the library this morning to check out a book. The librarians let me in yesterday. He said they were closed but that's bull. I swear the faculty in this school are pricks. They treat everyone like shit and are suprised when students don't give them any respect in return for it.

CockySOB
08-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Um, welcome back to school?!

I've got just under two more weeks before classes start - I'll think of ya while I'm doin' non-school stuff.

LiberalNation
08-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Sigh two more kids from school died. Horrible way to die, roll over car wreck. Knew the girl tho not that well.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2007/aug/09/sisters-die-six-minutes-apart/?gleaner=1/

Sisters die six minutes apart

Two sisters died Wednesday -- six minutes a part -- after succumbing to injuries they suffered in a vehicle accident Monday night on Kentucky 351 near the old Hebbardsville school.

According to the Vanderburgh County Coroner's Office, 17-year-old Sarah Durbin, who was a senior at Henderson County High School, died at 12:52 p.m. and her 14-year-old sister, Nina Durbin, an eighth-grader at North Middle School, died at 12:58 p.m., both at St. Mary's Medical Center in Evansville.

Their stepmother 41-year-old Henderson County resident Amy Durbin, who was driving the vehicle when it crashed, was also seriously injured. She was flown to the University of Louisville Hospital where on Wednesday night she was listed in serious but stable condition. This is an upgrade from her previous condition, which was critical.

Due to incorrect information provided to The Gleaner, it had previously been reported that Amy Durbin was the girls' mother.

The three Durbins were ejected from a Geo Tracker that they were riding in when it traveled off the road, went out of control and flipped, authorities said.

"This is a tragedy, and we at North Middle School are grieving with the family," said North Middle School Principal Scottie Long.

Nina's death was announced to the students Wednesday afternoon, Long said, and anyone wishing to speak with a counselor was given the opportunity.

"We're going to greatly miss her," he said.

Cynthia Farris, who was Nina's guidance counselor since the teen's sixth-grade year, described the 14-year-old as "a likable young lady."

"She had a lot of friends and she was close to her family," Farris said.

"It's been a hard day," she said. "(Nina) was friendly to everyone, and she always had a smile on her face."

Students at county high were also informed of Sarah's death Wednesday afternoon.

Two days into her senior year, Sarah, like her sister Nina, was described as an open and friendly person.

"She never met a stranger," said Vivian Tomblin, Sarah's guidance counselor at the high school. "She always made it a point to come by my office at least once a week" just to chat, she said.

Sarah is one of just a few females at county high to participate in the welding program, Tomblin said.

Students on Wednesday struggled with their grief over Sarah's death, and several stopped by to discuss their feelings with Tomblin.

"I had visitors, in groups, who were upset about this," she said. "When we had to tell them, it was very upsetting."

"(Sarah) was a sweet girl," Tomblin said. "It doesn't seem right to start another school year with a death."

An account has been set up for the Durbin family at Henderson National Bank, 208 N. Main, (270) 826-7700, to help with any expenses incurred in this tragedy.

Also, Long said that students at North Middle School would be trying to raise money this week to benefit the family.

Abbey Marie
08-09-2007, 07:52 AM
What a sad case.

It says they were ejected from the vehicle. Not wearing seat belts?

LiberalNation
08-09-2007, 11:38 AM
I don't know. They didn't die 6 minutes apart the tho the paper has that wrong.

LiberalNation
08-09-2007, 02:31 PM
New rant. Some of the rooms in this school are so cold you have goosebumps and nearly freeze to death. Others are so hot you sweat. More cold tho, those classes teachers have blankets in their rooms for students who are cold and it's cold enought he students use them. I wear a jacket everyday but have to take it off in the hot rooms and going out to my care. It's a 100 outside but freezing in here.

Mr. P
08-09-2007, 02:41 PM
New rant. Some of the rooms in this school are so cold you have goosebumps and nearly freeze to death. Others are so hot you sweat. More cold tho, those classes teachers have blankets in their rooms for students who are cold and it's cold enought he students use them. I wear a jacket everyday but have to take it off in the hot rooms and going out to my care. It's a 100 outside but freezing in here.

Stop bitching, it's COLDER where the two girls that just died are!

LiberalNation
08-09-2007, 02:43 PM
I like bitching. That's why I created my own thread just for that purpose.

Mr. P
08-09-2007, 02:47 PM

Most kids do I guess. When you mature you'll understand.

nevadamedic
08-09-2007, 02:54 PM

No way, you like bitching? :laugh2:

LiberalNation
08-10-2007, 11:38 AM
A water line busted and the schools are shut down. This is great, 3 day weekend and now I have plenty of time to get that work done.

LiberalNation
08-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Wow this was bigger than I thought.

Major water line rupture closes large section of Green Street

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2007/aug/10/major-water-line-rupture-closes-large-section-of/?gleaner=1/

Officials said that it may take several days to make repairs to a major water line that ruptured along Green Street on Thursday, resulting in a boil advisory for the entire city of Henderson as well as traffic detours off of one of the area's busiest thoroughfares.

A car trudges through the water on south Audubon Street as it turns onto Jefferson Street while traffic backs up after a water main broke at the intersection of Vine and Green, causing Green Street to be closed to thru traffic from Second Street all the way to Sand Lane Thursday afternoon.

Henderson Water Utility and street department personnel survey the water main break at the intersection of Vine and Green streets Thursday afternoon.
"Public health and public safety are of the utmost importance at this time," Henderson Mayor Tom Davis said at a press conference after a city water official estimated that repairs might take at least 36 hours. "Please conserve water and bare with us."

According to city water utility general manager Bruce Shipley, a city water employee happened across the bubbling leak on the corner of Vine and Green streets as he was driving by around 12:30 p.m. Thursday. He immediately notified the utility, which sent out a repair crew to shut down the 20-inch-diameter water line and initiate repairs to the 80-year-old cast iron main.

The line is the main supply line for several city storage tanks and a large portion of the city.

"The south and west ends (of the city) are more dramatically affected than the rest," Shipley said. He added that he was not certain how many homes and business were without water. Some do have water but are dealing with low pressure.

"Until we can get the water out of the hole and look at it, we don't know how far back underneath the pavement it's undermined," Shipley said.

To combat possible bacterial contamination, the utility issued a boil advisory, which recommends that residents boil water rapidly for at least three minutes before using the water. That alert will continue until further notice.

Residents in Henderson County are not directly affected by the leak, and the boil alert does not extend to them. The county water district receives its water from the city water utility, but Superintendent Allan VanMeter said pumping stations were shut off and county residents are getting water from county storage tanks. But he advised county residents to conserve water as well.

The water leak left a large crater on Vine Street near the corner of Green Street and was deep enough for a Henderson Water Utility employee to stand in early Thursday evening. Water began running down the street toward Jefferson Elementary School, which was dismissed early along with South Middle School, Central Learning Center and South Heights Elementary. Holy Name School was also dismissed early.

It is unknown exactly how much water has been lost. But Shipley said the aged water line normally takes 2,500 or 3,000 gallons of water per minute during the afternoon and the leak had been going on since at least 12:30 p.m.

But also of concern is the stability of Green Street. About 27,000 vehicles use that section of Green Street on an average day. That's why traffic along Green Street has been closed to through-traffic from Sand Lane to Second Street as water utility employees work to fix the rupture.

Local residents are allowed to access their homes in those areas via South Main Street and Ingram or Adams streets on the other side of Green. Trucks are asked to take Second Street to U.S. 41 and Kentucky 425 to reconnect at U.S. 41-Alternate and U.S. 60, said Keith Todd, spokesman for the state Department of Highways.

Officials with the city fire department, Henderson Water Utility, city police and the city public works department are working together to continue to care for residents.

For instance, Henderson Fire Chief Terry Lewis said the city added access to an additional 9,800 gallons of water over its normal stock of 3,500 gallons in case of fire. It also brought on seven more firefighters for a total of 25 on duty Thursday, Lewis said.

That means that, in addition to its usual arsenal, the city fire department would have a tanker loaned from the city public works department, two trucks from the Henderson Water Utility, and a tanker loaned from the Zion Fire Department.

Earl Brandon, assistant city police chief, said some shifts were being held over as needed to cover rush hour traffic in the downtown area, which was heavier than usual because of the Bluegrass in the Park Festival.

Maj. Frank Williams said the intersections of Second and Green and First and Green are major concerns and city police were located there. State highway crews were also located at the corners of Sand Lane and Green and Second and Green.

"We just want to let people know that people should, if at all possible, avoid the area," Todd said. "Most people are pretty good about adapting and taking side streets."

When Green Street is repaired, Shipley said he expects the pavement work will probably be done by the city's asphalt contractor. State officials would also be on site to assess what needs to be done.

Funding for the emergency repair work and all the overtime will come out of the utility's contingency dollars, officials said.

"We will be working round the clock until it's done," Shipley said.

LiberalNation
08-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Got a freakin parking tocket today. Only $2 said I parked in the wrong area. Parked there all last year and they never said anything. Oh well. Worthless parking gaurd.

Angel Heart
08-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Got a freakin parking tocket today. Only $2 said I parked in the wrong area. Parked there all last year and they never said anything. Oh well. Worthless parking gaurd.

DH just got one in DT Portland for $60. You got off lucky.

LiberalNation
08-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Shit i can't pee in the cup with a teacher standing over me.

Mr. P
08-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Shit i can't pee in the cup with a teacher standing over me.

Caught again, huh?

LiberalNation
08-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Finally was able to, test came back clean. I'm free to go.

LiberalNation
08-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Man, cat pissed on the floor again. She'll hafta be an outside kitty if she keeps it up.

Mr. P
08-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Man, cat pissed on the floor again. She'll hafta be an outside kitty if she keeps it up.

Cats normally just don't do that..find out why before you take the easy way an toss her out.

Abbey Marie
08-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Cats normally just don't do that..find out why before you take the easy way an toss her out.

Yes, it can be urological. Or her box could be less clean than she'd like.

Mr. P
08-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Yes, it can be urological. Or her box could be less clean than she'd like.

The top two reasons for sure.

LiberalNation
08-22-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't want to toss her out. Wont have much choice in the matter, she's done it twice in front of my mom and we are trying to sell the house. Said she wouldn't have a cat in the house that pissed on the floor. Talked to the vet cuz she had to get stitches taken for where she was spayed. Said try changing the type of litter, and cleaning the box everyday cuz some cats wont go in a dirty one. I normally give her a week an half before changing the whole thing instead of scooping. So I'll try both those things. If not, she'll be happy enough outside.

LiberalNation
08-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Kitty pics

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8682/picture207oq8.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4861/picture205lg1.jpg

shattered
08-22-2007, 09:25 PM
(ah forget it)

LiberalNation
08-22-2007, 09:42 PM
forget what.

manu1959
08-22-2007, 10:16 PM
my rant.............i loathe complainers

Mr. P
08-22-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't want to toss her out. Wont have much choice in the matter, she's done it twice in front of my mom and we are trying to sell the house. Said she wouldn't have a cat in the house that pissed on the floor. Talked to the vet cuz she had to get stitches taken for where she was spayed. Said try changing the type of litter, and cleaning the box everyday cuz some cats wont go in a dirty one. I normally give her a week an half before changing the whole thing instead of scooping. So I'll try both those things. If not, she'll be happy enough outside.

:eek: Don't flush yer toilet for a week an a half. I'll bet you'll look for another place to pee too.

dan
08-23-2007, 06:44 AM
That's why I like dogs. They adjust to you, not vice versa. They pee inside, you pop them and take them out, a cat pees inside you have to bend over backwards to make sure their living conditions are good enough for them to poop where you'd like them to.

diuretic
08-23-2007, 06:48 AM
Cats are fastidious animals. I had one once that threw me out of the house because I was so untidy...okay I lied, but I swear she used to glare at me for leaving pizza boxes laying around with the empty beer cans.

Cats also nag you about your diet.

nevadamedic
08-23-2007, 06:49 AM
Cats are fastidious animals. I had one once that threw me out of the house because I was so untidy...okay I lied, but I swear she used to glare at me for leaving pizza boxes laying around with the empty beer cans.

Cats also nag you about your diet.

Cat's are great, they taste like Chicken! :laugh2:

diuretic
08-23-2007, 07:00 AM
Cat's are great, they taste like Chicken! :laugh2:

"Hello, yes is that the Nevada Air National Guard? It is? Oh good. Look I wonder if I can organise an air strike...yes....oh northern Nevada......you can? Great, look I'll just get the coordinates and feed them through to you over the net, is that okay? Good....oh I dunno...do you have cluster bombs? You do? But...sorry, what was that....oh, yes, collateral damage....yes, I see your point. Um AMRAAM? No? How the hell would I know if he has an active radar system at his house? What about a Maverick? You've run out? They're all in Iraq. Okay, sorry to bother you, have a lovely day though."

"Hello, is that Tony? Tony Soprano? Oh great, look a mutual friend gave me your number. I wonder if you could arrange for...yes, that's it...oh you're cat lover as well? Terrific? A discount even? You are so kind...Yes. Visa...you do take Visa don't you?....."

:laugh2:

LiberalNation
08-23-2007, 07:51 AM
:eek: Don't flush yer toilet for a week an a half. I'll bet you'll look for another place to pee too.
Shrugs the other cats I had didn't seem to mind. Guess this ones picky. More like 5 days between changes. Her litters in my bathroom and I don't like it to stink.

Mr. P
08-23-2007, 07:59 AM
"Hello, yes is that the Nevada Air National Guard? It is? Oh good. Look I wonder if I can organise an air strike...yes....oh northern Nevada......you can? Great, look I'll just get the coordinates and feed them through to you over the net, is that okay? Good....oh I dunno...do you have cluster bombs? You do? But...sorry, what was that....oh, yes, collateral damage....yes, I see your point. Um AMRAAM? No? How the hell would I know if he has an active radar system at his house? What about a Maverick? You've run out? They're all in Iraq. Okay, sorry to bother you, have a lovely day though."

"Hello, is that Tony? Tony Soprano? Oh great, look a mutual friend gave me your number. I wonder if you could arrange for...yes, that's it...oh you're cat lover as well? Terrific? A discount even? You are so kind...Yes. Visa...you do take Visa don't you?....."

:laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

LiberalNation
08-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Upstairs airconditioner went out. It's freakin hot up here now, 86. Wont be sleeping here, the downstairs is still working tho since they are seperate units so atleast not all the house is sweltering.

nevadamedic
08-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Upstairs airconditioner went out. It's freakin hot up here now, 86. Wont be sleeping here, the downstairs is still working tho since they are seperate units so atleast not all the house is sweltering.

Awwwwww, poor baby, can we say spoiled?

LiberalNation
08-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Awwww you come live in this heat an humidity. They shut one of the elementry schools for it cuz their air went out too.

nevadamedic
08-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Awwww you come live in this heat an humidity. They shut one of the elementry schools for it cuz their air went out too.

It's just as bad here if not worse.

LiberalNation
08-23-2007, 08:16 PM
You don't have the humidity and your house has air.

nevadamedic
08-23-2007, 09:11 PM
You don't have the humidity and your house has air.

The hell it does and the hell we dont.

LiberalNation
08-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Nevada looks pretty dry to me.

LiberalNation
08-25-2007, 11:59 AM
My God that 5 hour energy drink is awful. Glad I didn't try to gulp it on an empty stomach or it would have definently come back up. Now I feel jittery, but it does work at giving you "energy". That is if you can swallow it. Poured it in a shot glass an took it thataway. You can only take tiny sips outa that little bottle. No way I'm ever doing it again tho.

Oh and the air is fixed, nice an cool in the house again.

jimnyc
08-25-2007, 06:08 PM
My God that 5 hour energy drink is awful. Glad I didn't try to gulp it on an empty stomach or it would have definently come back up. Now I feel jittery, but it does work at giving you "energy". That is if you can swallow it. Poured it in a shot glass an took it thataway. You can only take tiny sips outa that little bottle. No way I'm ever doing it again tho.

Oh and the air is fixed, nice an cool in the house again.

Made the same mistake as you once. I even bought "Stacker 2" once to try and lose a few pounds. States it will give you more energy and make you not want to eat. Yeah, sure, might as well have drank 90 cups of coffee or snorted a line or 50!

Stay away from that crap. It's nothing more than pure caffeine and I can't imagine it's any good for you!

So long as you have the shot glass handy, get some Southern Comfort or Absolut Citron!

LiberalNation
08-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Nearly got bit by this huge bloodhound a few minutes ago. Me an mom were walking pugs like most nights. This big ol dog always barks at us but he's normally behind an electric fence. Not today. He went after our dog. Mom had to pick her up and while she was doing that he went after me. I kicked it. It then trailed on our hills howling. Blood hounds don't really bark, they howl and growl. Still trying to get me and really the dog. Finally some neighbors that new it and it's owner were out an came to help. He ran off after that cuz he didn't want to be caught an taken home. Stupid dog, that thing is mean, he shouldn't be let to roam the neighborhood. It could kill a kid.

Atleast I didn't hafta carry our heavy dog the whole way like mom.

LiberalNation
08-27-2007, 08:11 PM
and I got a job interview this week. That sucks too.

dan
08-28-2007, 08:57 AM
What's the job?

LiberalNation
08-28-2007, 10:31 AM
In a shoe store.

dan
08-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Shouldn't be too hard to get. Don't over-pressure yourself over it.

LiberalNation
08-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Got a job, at a call center type place.

Rant, school is so boring and long. Can't wait for the three day weekend. Maybe lunch wont suck today.

LiberalNation
09-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Worked 15 hours today, gona be working 16 hour days when I get my regular schedule and off the training stuff. Hardly training, it's real simple, there a marketing agency, do surveys, we make the calls from comp generated #. Made atleast a hundred and was only on the comp an hour. All hangups, refuse to answer survey/hangups, disconnected #, and no answer. Glad are pay doesn't depend on anyone actually taking the survey. 20 people calling for an hour got 5 surveys total answered.

dan
09-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Worked 15 hours today, gona be working 16 hour days when I get my regular schedule and off the training stuff. Hardly training, it's real simple, there a marketing agency, do surveys, we make the calls from comp generated #. Made atleast a hundred and was only on the comp an hour. All hangups, refuse to answer survey/hangups, disconnected #, and no answer. Glad are pay doesn't depend on anyone actually taking the survey. 20 people calling for an hour got 5 surveys total answered.

Not sure how this is with your place, but with my job, which involves lots of calls, the computer keeps records of how many calls you make, but not how long they lasted. So, even if you're getting hangups or whatnot, you'll hopefully be getting credit for making the call. And, with a lot of people, a hangup is better than an uncomfortably long conversation.

LiberalNation
09-19-2007, 06:27 PM
I swear our school board sucks.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2007/sep/19/seniortrip-ideatabledfor-study/?gleaner=1/

dan
09-19-2007, 06:32 PM
That sucks! Guess where I went for my senior class trip? :D

LiberalNation
09-19-2007, 06:53 PM
where?

dan
09-19-2007, 07:13 PM
where?

Orlando! :finger3: IN YO FACE!

LiberalNation
09-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Ass. Maybe they'll change their mind after the study. They never do anything for us.

LiberalNation
11-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Blah today was shit. Go to my clinical site. It's a daycare, hate little kids, didn't want to do it but I was gona suck it up and go anyway since my teacher left me no other option. Well I'm there on the floor playing with the slobbering todlers, one went to hug me and got spit all over my pants. One of the ladies there asks me why I seem a little stand offish and I answer honestly, " I don't really like kids all that much." Then I asked if they had anything for me to do where I didn't have to interact with the lil kids. So she called her supervisor I guess and I was told to just go back to school. Get to school my teachers in a rage, who do "I" think I am, I embarrased there program, ashamed of me blah blah blah. Just really blessing me out. This after I told the woman to please not send me to a daycare because I'm not sure I could perform the way they are expecting.

So after an hour lecture, she wrote me up, gave me a zero for this clinical rotation, and now I have 4 days of inhouse and 4 three page papers to write if I want a 50 instead of a zero which is still a failing grade anyway. All because I said I didn't like kids, did nothing else. You know people who skip school, get in fights, ect, get lesser punishement then what I got.

Mr. P
11-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Blah today was shit. Go to my clinical site. It's a daycare, hate little kids, didn't want to do it but I was gona suck it up and go anyway since my teacher left me no other option. Well I'm there on the floor playing with the slobbering todlers, one went to hug me and got spit all over my pants. One of the ladies there asks me why I seem a little stand offish and I answer honestly, " I don't really like kids all that much." Then I asked if they had anything for me to do where I didn't have to interact with the lil kids. So she called her supervisor I guess and I was told to just go back to school. Get to school my teachers in a rage, who do "I" think I am, I embarrased there program, ashamed of me blah blah blah. Just really blessing me out. This after I told the woman to please not send me to a daycare because I'm not sure I could perform the way they are expecting.

So after an hour lecture, she wrote me up, gave me a zero for this clinical rotation, and now I have 4 days of inhouse and 4 three page papers to write if I want a 50 instead of a zero which is still a failing grade anyway. All because I said I didn't like kids, did nothing else. You know people who skip school, get in fights, ect, get lesser punishement then what I got.

Ln...learn this lesson well...many times in life you must cooperate to graduate...like it or not it will happen again.

LiberalNation
11-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Too bad, I ain't coperating with these people no more and guess what, I'll still graduate. I am only take 1 required class right now. The rest are just time fillers they force you to take.

Mr. P
11-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Too bad, I ain't coperating with these people no more and guess what, I'll still graduate. I am only take 1 required class right now. The rest are just time fillers they force you to take.

You don't understand...K, yer young...you will.

LiberalNation
11-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Haven't ranted in awile. Nothing bad today but how about some positives.

So I got accepted for an army ROTC nursing scholarship. Think the only thing I still need to do is an interview with the college guys and then pass a physical/test. It means 4 years min in the army upon graduation but it's also a full ride scholarship you don't have to be uber smart to get.

Have a new clinical. Vets office, so much better. I basically just do menial jobs, clean out the cages and change the litter boxes but I like. DOn't have to deal with kids, the people there are nice, and I get to play with the cats.

Tomorrows our last day before Thanksgiving break. Short weeks long weekend rock.

5stringJeff
11-19-2007, 10:13 PM
So I got accepted for an army ROTC nursing scholarship.

The Army doesn't take open lesbians. You might want to reconsider that one.

LiberalNation
11-19-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm not "open" and if anyone gets snoopy they can just kick me out. Don't hafta pay back the college if you get discharged before you serve your full term.

5stringJeff
11-19-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm not "open" and if anyone gets snoopy they can just kick me out. Don't hafta pay back the college if you get discharged before you serve your full term.

Wow... what a great attitude. Go to school on the Army's money, tell them you're gay, and get booted. You'll be a great addition to our armed forces. :rolleyes:

Mr. P
11-19-2007, 10:34 PM

Yeah that dishonorable discharge will do ya go too. Don't be a moron.

BTW..4 yrs? look into that...I would bet at least 6.. that's the last I heard anyway.

Said1
11-19-2007, 10:42 PM

Hahaha. That's funny. My mother-in-law had to take student nurses under her 'wing' when she was still nursing. She said they were more of a pain than anything. She made them do other stuff....type reports, clean etc, until her supervisor made her let them do other things.

I would have let you do other things......like clean barff off the floor and rinse shit rags. :laugh2:

LiberalNation
11-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Wow... what a great attitude. Go to school on the Army's money, tell them you're gay, and get booted. You'll be a great addition to our armed forces. :rolleyes:
Not planning on telling them I'm gay. If i get booted I get booted but it wont be because I flat out told them I was gay.

LiberalNation
11-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah that dishonorable discharge will do ya go too. Don't be a moron..
Bet i get a general discharge if they kick me out for being a lesbian.

BTW..4 yrs? look into that...I would bet at least 6.. that's the last I heard anyway

4 years active duty I think, then another 2 or 4 in the reaseves I think. Have to look into it some more but if they'll pay all my college I don't mind doing it.

LiberalNation
11-19-2007, 10:50 PM
I would have let you do other things......like clean barff off the floor and rinse shit rags. :laugh2:

I know man, I woulda done it, I've never flat out refused to do anything on a clinical site.

Said1
11-19-2007, 10:52 PM
I know man, I woulda done it, I've never flat out refused to do anything on a clinical site.

Good luck with the cats. At least they crap in a box and cover it up.

Mr. P
11-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Bet i get a general discharge if they kick me out for being a lesbian.

4 years active duty I think, then another 2 or 4 in the reaseves I think. Have to look into it some more but if they'll pay all my college I don't mind doing it.

Kid...anything less that 'Honorable' will haunt you the rest of your life.

Yes you SHOULD look into it...doesn't sound like ya have a clue yet...but then you did say you 'had' it..odd you don't know the terms.. :slap:

LiberalNation
11-19-2007, 11:07 PM
I know the basic stuff. Lots of proganda making it sound like a great deal. I'm confident i have a scholarship if I want to take it. Haven't signed anything yet. Going to meet the director of military sciences at UofL and UK next wen. for an interview.

Says 4 years on their website.
http://www.goarmy.com/rotc/your_commitment.jsp

LiberalNation
11-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Man PT from 6:30 to 8:30 three times a week and they say you keep a normal college kid schedule lol. Gona hafta think on this, that's a lot of money tho.

LiberalNation
12-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Get to school my teachers in a rage, who do "I" think I am, I embarrased there program, ashamed of me blah blah blah. Just really blessing me out. This after I told the woman to please not send me to a daycare because I'm not sure I could perform the way they are expecting.

and the teachers schedules me for four weeks at a daycare for spring semester after all that. Was a real bitchy thing to do and pretty stupid if she thinks I am gona do any better. Luckily I'm moving to louisville with my family Jan. 26th and wont be in this school when that rotation rolls around. Parents bought a house in Taylorsville which is a small little place outside louisville. Nice house tho. Happy to be leaving. I just want my freakin diplomia already. I need just 1/2 a more credit to graduate but they make me go all day taking filler classes.

LiberalNation
12-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Man the coke machine rooms closet was left open and kids stole every coke in it. They found out and everyone in class had to fess up and pay for the coke they took plus apoligize. Lots did, almost half my healthscience class took one, if you didn't and they got your name from someone they woulda written you up. An easy out cuz they wanted our money for those cokes.

I didn't steal one, didn't have money today so didn't walk down there, glad I didn't. I woulda stole one too if I had, had the chance. You don't leave stuff like that sitting around ungaurded in our school.

Abbey Marie
12-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Man the coke machine rooms closet was left open and kids stole every coke in it. They found out and everyone in class had to fess up and pay for the coke they took plus apoligize. Lots did, almost half my healthscience class took one, if you didn't and they got your name from someone they woulda written you up. An easy out cuz they wanted our money for those cokes.

I didn't steal one, didn't have money today so didn't walk down there, glad I didn't. I woulda stole one too if I had, had the chance. You don't leave stuff like that sitting around ungaurded in our school.

Yes, clearly it's the school's fault. :rolleyes:

LiberalNation
12-07-2007, 04:46 PM
If you left a hundred dollar bill lying around ungaurded on the street do you think it would be stolen. Same difference. Somethings just invite you to steal.

Nukeman
12-07-2007, 05:03 PM
If you left a hundred dollar bill lying around ungaurded on the street do you think it would be stolen. Same difference. Somethings just invite you to steal.
No it is not the same.

The hundred dollar bill laying in the street has been dropped and presumed lost. You have no way of finding the owner unless you take it to the police station and ask if anyone has reported losing it..

The Coke that was STOLEN was in a generaly LOCKED room and YOU and EVERYONE else knew who they belonged to.

So as you can see it is NOT THE SAME....

No things do not invite you to steal that is a conscious decission that you make period...:slap:

Mr. P
12-07-2007, 05:34 PM

Only if you have no values or don't know right from wrong...

One morning while checking-out of a hotel I passed this guy in the hallway.
He had his hand in his pocket, as he approached the door I just entered he removed his hand from his pocket and along with it, a money clip with a wad of cash fell to the floor. I saw it, he didn't and he left the building.

What did I do? Keep it?

LiberalNation
12-07-2007, 06:52 PM
No things do not invite you to steal that is a conscious decission that you make period...:slap:

It is a conscious decision but I'm not gona go feeling sorry for or thinking it's so wrong when the company/person stolen from did something stupid that would only logically result in all their stuff being stolen.

Nukeman
12-08-2007, 08:50 PM
It is a conscious decision but I'm not gona go feeling sorry for or thinking it's so wrong when the company/person stolen from did something stupid that would only logically result in all their stuff being stolen.Do you have absolutely no HONOR in your life??? Do you even know what a moral compass is??? I cant believe that you will sit there and condone stealing just because it was easy.

This has to be the most pathetic statement I have ever read on this board..

You parents should be so greatly disappointed in your attitude toward respecting others property

Because someone FORGOT to lock a door that gives you and your "friends" carte blanche to do whatever the hell you want?? What a sad commentary on the future of our country if more young adults think like you.

I cant beleive that if someone makes a MISTAKE you feel it is OK to take advantage of them.

Do you also feel it is appropriate to take money from a mentaly challenged person because after all they are making it easy for you to do that. would you also give a blind person incorrect change because once again they put themselves in a position to be robbed by not having a sighted person with them to double check your lack of morals...

PATHETIC:slap:

LiberalNation
12-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Stealing from individual people and stealing from companies/organizations that can afford the loss are two different things.

Fact is, you leave a closet full of cokes open, and the machines are unstocked and out of what the students wanted to buy, they're gona get taken.

Dilloduck
12-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Stealing from individual people and stealing from companies/organizations that can afford the loss are two different things.

Utter bullshit but a very common rationalization for breaking laws and screwing over "the MAN'.

Nukeman
12-08-2007, 09:06 PM

Fact is, you leave a closet full of cokes open, and the machines are unstocked and out of what the students wanted to buy, they're gona get taken.ARE YOU RALLY THIS F***ING STUPID.... If you STEAL from a company and they LOSE money which they do every time some dipshit highschool kid steals from them, they hve to make that money up somewhere else. Usually in HIGHER prices or staff reduction. So congratulations you have now increased how much you pay for your precious little cokes and have also put an HONOST working peron out of work.. IDIOT

Heres some homework for you tell yor parents the same story and see if they condone that type of behaviour.....

LiberalNation
12-08-2007, 09:11 PM
If you STEAL from a company and they LOSE money which they do every time some dipshit highschool kid steals from them, they hve to make that money up somewhere else. Usually in HIGHER prices or staff reduction. So congratulations you have now increased how much you pay for your precious little cokes and have also put an HONOST working peron out of work.. IDIOT
Maybe on a large scale but them loosing a closet full of cokes is not gona raise the price the school charges for cokes. There is no direct affect so people wont consider it.

Now I didn't steal a coke and that was a good thing cuz I didn't have the dollar when everybody got called out. They got there money back and learned a lesson.

Nukeman
12-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Maybe on a large scale but them loosing a closet full of cokes is not gona raise the price the school charges for cokes. There is no direct affect so people wont consider it.

Now I didn't steal a coke and that was a good thing cuz I didn't have the dollar when everybody got called out. They got there money back and learned a lesson.Obviously not, because YOUR STILL CONDONING STEALING..

How can you say that a leason was learned when you still make excuses for that type of behaviour???

Just so you know it may be a little at YOUR school and a little at another school and it all adds up moron. Every little bit ADDS UP........

ONCE AGAIN....... IDIOT.

Nukeman
12-08-2007, 09:20 PM
My 14.5 year old son is reading over my shoulder and he says YOU should get some common sense and realize that these HAVE TO BE PAID FOR and that stealing is wrong. I must be doing something right because he knows the difference between right and wrong (even if the closet was left unlocked), something your parents are obviously neglecting to teach you.......

CockySOB
12-08-2007, 09:31 PM

Fact is, you leave a closet full of cokes open, and the machines are unstocked and out of what the students wanted to buy, they're gona get taken.

Um, no. Stealing is stealing, no matter how you want to rationalize it. Talk about ethically challenged....

Mr. P
12-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Only if you have no values or don't know right from wrong...

One morning while checking-out of a hotel I passed this guy in the hallway.
He had his hand in his pocket, as he approached the door I just entered he removed his hand from his pocket and along with it, a money clip with a wad of cash fell to the floor. I saw it, he didn't and he left the building.

What did I do? Keep it?

So whatcha think, LN? Did I keep the guys money? Leave it on the floor? Laugh about it and check-out?

LiberalNation
12-08-2007, 10:11 PM
No clue, I woulda kept it if no one else had seen it fall and the guy was gone.

Nukeman
12-09-2007, 09:36 AM
No clue, I woulda kept it if no one else had seen it fall and the guy was gone.YOU ARE PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!
:slap:

shattered
12-09-2007, 09:45 AM

You can actually justify stealing, for any reason whatsoever?

...and kids your age wonder why they get stared down, and followed around stores... Gee.. it's just sitting on an open shelf - it's ok to steal it..the company can afford the loss.

5stringJeff
12-09-2007, 10:20 AM

Wow... you're exactly the kind of person I want as an officer in my Army. :rolleyes: