PDA

View Full Version : Obama & the press ... Terror friends forgotten

Classact
03-03-2008, 07:39 AM
I haven't noticed a discussion on how Obama got started in politics on the board. Would you support a politician that had terrorists as friends? Check out this link http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8630.html

Like many of the most extreme figures from the 1960s Ayers and Dohrn are ambiguous figures in American life.

They disappeared in 1970, after a bomb — designed to kill army officers in New Jersey — accidentally destroyed a Greenwich Village townhouse, and turned themselves into authorities in 1980. They were never prosecuted for their involvement with the 25 bombings the Weather Underground claimed; charges were dropped because of improper FBI surveillance. Obama calls Ayers a friend and has not acknowledged Ayers is a bad guy nor his earlier actions as bad.

And on Louis Farrakhan Obama only addresses the Jewish issue... Hey Louis Farrakhan also hates all whites too Obama...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Farrakhan perhaps he forgot to separate himself from him on those issues more broadly because much of his base, the avererge black person, agrees with Farrakhan?

Classact
03-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Wouldn't you much prefer a woman that lawyered for the Black Panthers? http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/966232/posts

theHawk
03-03-2008, 08:57 AM
So, it looks as though Shit-for-brains Obama is indeed friends with domestic terrorists.

Does anyone honestly believe B.O. is going to be tough against terrorists?

JohnDoe
03-03-2008, 09:15 AM
So, it looks as though Shit-for-brains Obama is indeed friends with domestic terrorists.

nahhhh, i think he will give them candy and even sponsor them to come here and kill us! he may even give up himself to be killed or his wife to be killed as a sacrafice and in support of the terrorists!

WATCH OUT! boo!

:slap:

Classact
03-03-2008, 09:19 AM
nahhhh, i think he will give them candy and even sponsor them to come here and kill us! he may even give up himself to be killed or his wife to be killed as a sacrafice and in support of the terrorists!

WATCH OUT! boo!

:slap:Ayers is to the left of Code Pink and Move On ... Don't you think if someone says that out loud Obama supporters will get a little buyers shock? Do I support this kind of change? I didn't know his mentor was a terrorists????

JohnDoe
03-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Ayers is to the left of Code Pink and Move On ... Don't you think if someone says that out loud Obama supporters will get a little buyers shock? Do I support this kind of change? I didn't know his mentor was a terrorists????i still don't know it.....i saw and read a bunch of speculation and biased rhetoric and opinion....it COULD be a sound opinion, but that i don't know yet....i would need to read alot more unbiased accounts before determining that on my own....

jd

Classact
03-03-2008, 09:31 AM
i still don't know it.....i saw and read a bunch of speculation and biased rhetoric and opinion....it COULD be a sound opinion, but that i don't know yet....i would need to read alot more unbiased accounts before determining that on my own....

jdIf Obama is the nomination you will get every detail and probably more than you want about how Ayers and Obama were soul mates. In the meantime, if you want to learn more I'd suggest Googling Obama by year in state politics with Ayers in the google.

JohnDoe
03-03-2008, 09:39 AM
If Obama is the nomination you will get every detail and probably more than you want about how Ayers and Obama were soul mates. In the meantime, if you want to learn more I'd suggest Googling Obama by year in state politics with Ayers in the google.will do! i am not an obama follower fyi, but i don't hate him or anything like that either!

i will google it to learn more.

jd

GW in Ohio
03-03-2008, 10:34 AM

I don't know how to deal with these right-wing wackos. They're so off the charts in terms of rationality, I don't even know how to respond.

Amused contempt.....rational responses....calling them assholes......all these would be appropriate responses to individuals who had some contact with planet earth.

But these guys....

man from maine: You seem to be able to have a dialogue with these right-wing wackos. How do you respond when they're saying Obama is not going to be tough on terrorists because some of his best friends are terrorists?

Abbey Marie
03-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Oh the incredible hypocrisy and irony of this statement after years of irrational and rabid Bush-bashing. It's enough to gag a person.

Classact
03-03-2008, 10:42 AM
I don't know how to deal with these right-wing wackos. They're so off the charts in terms of rationality, I don't even know how to respond.

Amused contempt.....rational responses....calling them assholes......all these would be appropriate responses to individuals who had some contact with planet earth.

But these guys....

man from maine: You seem to be able to have a dialogue with these right-wing wackos. How do you respond when they're saying Obama is not going to be tough on terrorists because some of his best friends are terrorists?Obama's mentor says America sucks! Obama's wife says America sucks if he isn't "the man"... Obama's church says America sucks... Louis Farrakhan says every person that isn't black sucks but Obama only condemns him for disliking Jews??? Obama sucks and has a hate America attitude.

theHawk
03-03-2008, 11:05 AM

But these guys....

man from maine: You seem to be able to have a dialogue with these right-wing wackos. How do you respond when they're saying Obama is not going to be tough on terrorists because some of his best friends are terrorists?

Yes, I know, even a rabid liberal like yourself must find himself dumbfounded upon hearing that his goldenboy savior has indeed ties to a domestic terrorist.

Keep in mind Obama has not denied bieng friends with a William Ayers who bombed the Pentagon. Ayers was a rabid anti-war activist (sound familiar?) and is a professor at University of Illinios Chicago. Thats sounds like the type of company Obama would keep, as that would describe pretty much the whole left wing Bush hater nuts.

JohnDoe
03-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Obama's mentor says America sucks! Obama's wife says America sucks if he isn't "the man"... Obama's church says America sucks... Louis Farrakhan says every person that isn't black sucks but Obama only condemns him for disliking Jews??? Obama sucks and has a hate America attitude.how do you expect people to want CHANGE if it doesn't suck? :laugh2:

jd

GW in Ohio
03-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Obama's mentor says America sucks! Obama's wife says America sucks if he isn't "the man"... Obama's church says America sucks... Louis Farrakhan says every person that isn't black sucks but Obama only condemns him for disliking Jews??? Obama sucks and has a hate America attitude.

Well, I wouldn't expect guys like you to like Obama.

But you do know, in your heart of hearts, that he will whup McCain real bad in November, don't you?

Do you really think McCain's positioning of himself as the candidate who will carry on the Bush foreign policy in Iraq will fly with the voters?

Classact
03-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Well, I wouldn't expect guys like you to like Obama.

But you do know, in your heart of hearts, that he will whup McCain real bad in November, don't you?

Do you really think McCain's positioning of himself as the candidate who will carry on the Bush foreign policy in Iraq will fly with the voters?The majority of liberals have been preaching out of Iraq so long that they refuse to understand only 16% say out of Iraq regardless... Obama is in that 16% and will find it very hard to move to the center after being nominated. Hillary on the other hand does have some sanity and is a little more hawkish when it comes to war and she can easily move to the center appealing to the other 84% of the population.

Debate between Obama and McCain in the general...

CNN news dude questions? Obama will you remove the troops as you promised in the primaries? Yes. What if Iran and AQ take over Iraq? Not my problem, they must stand up or fall.

CNN news dude questions? McCain, your response? If we leave Iraq too quickly the ME will blow up in war and millions will be killed, oil will be disrupted and will likely cause gas prices to double.

CNN news dude questions? Obama should McCain be correct then would you re-commit US forces back into Iraq to stabilize the region? No, I would ah, ah, ah, ah, ah.... open the Strategic Oil Reserve and build solar panels and ration gas.

GW in Ohio
03-03-2008, 01:05 PM
The majority of liberals have been preaching out of Iraq so long that they refuse to understand only 16% say out of Iraq regardless... Obama is in that 16% and will find it very hard to move to the center after being nominated. Hillary on the other hand does have some sanity and is a little more hawkish when it comes to war and she can easily move to the center appealing to the other 84% of the population.

CNN news dude questions? Obama will you remove the troops as you promised in the primaries? Yes. What if Iran and AQ take over Iraq? Not my problem, they must stand up or fall.

CNN news dude questions? McCain, your response? If we leave Iraq too quickly the ME will blow up in war and millions will be killed, oil will be disrupted and will likely cause gas prices to double.

CNN news dude questions? Obama should McCain be correct then would you re-commit US forces back into Iraq to stabilize the region? No, I would ah, ah, ah, ah, ah.... open the Strategic Oil Reserve and build solar panels and ration gas.

When polls of the American people are taken, about 66% say we never should have gone into Iraq and we should begin re-deploying our troops immediately or within 6 months.

Your question of what happens if Iran or al Qaeda start making moves on Iraq is a reasonable one, and it's something we'll have to deal with.

My own feeling is that if Iraq can't stand on its own by next January, then the chips will fall where they will. I'm not willing to take one more American casualty, or spend one more American tax dollar to shore up Bush and Cheney's boondoggle.

Classact
03-03-2008, 01:19 PM
When polls of the American people are taken, about 66% say we never should have gone into Iraq and we should begin re-deploying our troops immediately or within 6 months.

Your question of what happens if Iran or al Qaeda start making moves on Iraq is a reasonable one, and it's something we'll have to deal with.

My own feeling is that if Iraq can't stand on its own by next January, then the chips will fall where they will. I'm not willing to take one more American casualty, or spend one more American tax dollar to shore up Bush and Cheney's boondoggle.How many months would you be willing to pay $9 a gallon for gas? No air flights unless you are willing to pay triple for fares... Food and necessities for survival would go through the roof... the government would have to bail out billions for companies going bankrupt... No free health plans... no cheap pills no new bridges.... just misery and the people screaming to fix it!

actsnoblemartin
03-03-2008, 01:33 PM
yes, its always easy to have a dialogue when calling someone a whacko :laugh2:

But these guys....

GW in Ohio
03-03-2008, 01:55 PM
How many months would you be willing to pay $9 a gallon for gas? No air flights unless you are willing to pay triple for fares... Food and necessities for survival would go through the roof... the government would have to bail out billions for companies going bankrupt... No free health plans... no cheap pills no new bridges.... just misery and the people screaming to fix it!

I'm sorry, I'm not making a connection between getting out of Iraq and "$9 a gallon for gas? No air flights unless you are willing to pay triple for fares... Food and necessities for survival would go through the roof... the government would have to bail out billions for companies going bankrupt... No free health plans... no cheap pills no new bridges.... just misery and the people screaming to fix it!"

Maybe Rush explained all that on his radio show and I missed it. Would you care to explain the connection?

Abbey Marie
03-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Nicely done, Class, but I think I know the real answers we would hear from Barry Hussein:

Actual Obama answer: Change, man. America wants change.

Actual Obama answer: Hope man. America wants hope. I stand for hope.

Actual Obama answer: Change and hope, man. I am the change and the hope America needs.

the end.

manu1959
03-03-2008, 06:17 PM
the end.

btw abortion is one dead two wounded

Classact
03-04-2008, 07:08 AM
I'm sorry, I'm not making a connection between getting out of Iraq and "$9 a gallon for gas? No air flights unless you are willing to pay triple for fares... Food and necessities for survival would go through the roof... the government would have to bail out billions for companies going bankrupt... No free health plans... no cheap pills no new bridges.... just misery and the people screaming to fix it!"

Maybe Rush explained all that on his radio show and I missed it. Would you care to explain the connection?Allow me to splain...

If the US exits Iraq too fast it will create a power vacuum resulting in outside forces filling the security then missing. There are competing forces in the ME hood... Iran would like the Iraqi oil and would like the power to overtake all other weaker nations in the hood resulting in Iran being the ME. Needless to say nations other than Iran probably don't think that is a good idea so they would fight against Iran's goals... this would result in a ME War. Iran has displayed its exceptionally large military force for the US and the ME hood to enjoy and respect...

Ask yourself these questions:

Why would Iran need such a large military with Iraq on one border and Afghanistan on the other border?

Why does Iran need rockets that can reach Western Europe?

Why does Iran need nuclear power?

Why does Iran allow the UN to harm its citizens to continue nuclear ambitions that are outside of UN guidelines?

Do you think Iran has ambitions to be a controlling military power in the ME? If not how do you explain the above?

You may say it's nothing to me if Iran controls the entire ME but it is something to you and me. If Iran controls the ME then it controls ME oil. A struggle between Iran and its neighbors will result in Iran controlling the flow of ME oil to weaken the will of neighbors to resist. Either way, if Iran is at war with neighbors or wins and controls ME oil you will pay $9 for gas.

You may say, oh, if Iran would stop Saudi Arabia's oil flow the US would intervene... Under McCain or Bush well yes but under Obama? That would mean war with Iran directly and the need to return to Iraq... is that what Obama is using as a pledge as he runs for the top office?

The Reverend
03-04-2008, 07:29 AM
How do you respond when they're saying Obama is not going to be tough on terrorists because some of his best friends are terrorists?
What, going by his record, makes you say he WILL be tough of terrorism?

Nope, in the polls that are well within the margin of error, some McCain will beat Obama so visa versa. Do you really think people are gong to vote for someone with as little experience as Obama?
[QUOTE=GW in Ohio;211161]

JohnDoe
03-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Good Morning Classy

Allow me to splain...

If the US exits Iraq too fast it will create a power vacuum resulting in outside forces filling the security then missing. There are competing forces in the ME hood... Iran would like the Iraqi oil and would like the power to overtake all other weaker nations in the hood resulting in Iran being the ME. Needless to say nations other than Iran probably don't think that is a good idea so they would fight against Iran's goals... this would result in a ME War. Iran has displayed its exceptionally large military force for the US and the ME hood to enjoy and respect...

Ask yourself these questions:

Why would Iran need such a large military with Iraq on one border and Afghanistan on the other border?

my guess would be, they built up their military when Saddam was in power to hold Saddam off as one reason, and the 2nd reason is for Israel.

Why does Iran need rockets that can reach Western Europe?

They think they need them to reach Israel, that's why they have them imo.

Why does Iran need nuclear power?

Israel, is why they think they need them.

Why does Iran allow the UN to harm its citizens to continue nuclear ambitions that are outside of UN guidelines?

Israel, they think they need the nukes for self defense???

Do you think Iran has ambitions to be a controlling military power in the ME? If not how do you explain the above?

yes, i think they want to have power in the middle east. I am not certain their ambition is to control and rule all the other countries in the middle east...we have all the power and ammunition in north America, but we do not have ambitions to take over and rule Canada or Mexico right?

You may say it's nothing to me if Iran controls the entire ME but it is something to you and me. If Iran controls the ME then it controls ME oil. A struggle between Iran and its neighbors will result in Iran controlling the flow of ME oil to weaken the will of neighbors to resist. Either way, if Iran is at war with neighbors or wins and controls ME oil you will pay $9 for gas.

I don't disagree that oil will go up if ANYONE in the middle east is at war... THIS is why our oil/gas prices have more than doubled since President Bush brought us in to the war in Iraq. War in the region ALWAYS gives speculators the reason to raise the price. We should have actually been told such by the admin and congress when discussing this Iraq war instead of being told oil would be CHEAPER by going in there....which we were told by the Admin.

You may say, oh, if Iran would stop Saudi Arabia's oil flow the US would intervene... Under McCain or Bush well yes but under Obama? That would mean war with Iran directly and the need to return to Iraq... is that what Obama is using as a pledge as he runs for the top office?

Obama would have no choice, but to support Saudi Arabia if something like that happened....for the economic health of the country....this is not all a one man show, we are a soverign people/country with soveriegn power OVER our gvt....it does what we need and we want and we say.... we need to take CHECK of that and remember that....sometimes i think we forget.... The Executive power is but one out of three that WE control.

jd

Abbey Marie
03-04-2008, 10:58 AM
btw abortion is one dead two wounded

Who is wounded besides the mother? Dad? I would say that depends on if he is even aware that he is the father of an aborted baby, which is many times not the case. If he is, then yes, I suppose so. My statement is based on the two definite casualties.

Dilloduck
03-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Good Morning Classy

Obama would have no choice, but to support Saudi Arabia if something like that happened....for the economic health of the country....this is not all a one man show, we are a soverign people/country with soveriegn power OVER our gvt....it does what we need and we want and we say.... we need to take CHECK of that and remember that....sometimes i think we forget.... The Executive power is but one out of three that WE control.

jd

Unfortunately only in theory.

JohnDoe
03-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Unfortunately only in theory.Only in "theory" because we let it be "only in theory"!

....that can change...HOPE, with hope that can CHANGE! :poke:

:laugh2:

Seriously though, I have hope in us, that we can change this... if there were a true will to do such!

jd

Dilloduck
03-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Only in "theory" because we let it be "only in theory"!

....that can change...HOPE, with hope that can CHANGE! :poke:

Seriously though, I have hope in us, that we can change this... if there were a true will to do such!

jd

Of course we let it happen---let me know when you figure out how to get back control from the people who have it know.

JohnDoe
03-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Of course we let it happen---let me know when you figure out how to get back control from the people who have it know.
Moi? I am slow as molasses and would have to ponder on that one for a bit!!!

Classact
03-04-2008, 12:26 PM
JD the price of oil wasn't increased due to the Iraq War. The price of oil is based on supply and demand and the supply has been adjusted several times since the re-start of hostilities with Iraq. The growing demand placed on the world oil supply drives up oil prices. Demand for gas has slacked off in recent months because of high prices allowing record breaking oil prices not to affect the gas prices as directly as before. Yet, as soon as warm weather hits the demand will rise and the gas prices will soar once again.

Imagine Korea with no privately owned vehicles... everyone rode public transportation or bicycles... I lived there when it was exactly like that on Camp Carroll Army depot with 1100 civilian employees and each and every one of them walked or rode a bicycle to work. That was in the early 70's but look at them today, major auto manufacturers... China and India are making the same metamorphosis from bicycle to private vehicles and the demand is going to continue to climb for oil as bicycles are traded for something powered by oil.

The point of this thread was to point out that if Obama is elected as president he will come with a super Democratic majority in congress because turnout will cause only Democrats to be elected and Democrats in the White house, Senate and House will result no approval for any hostilities in the ME period. The far left has total control in congress and Obama is as liberal as the Democrats come. If it happens then the ME will go up in flames of war and the House and Senate Democrats will be fired and replaced by Republicans in 2010 to fix the gas prices that the Democrats will cause to skyrocket.

Gaffer
03-04-2008, 04:44 PM
JD you still don't comprehend the mind set of the mullahs in iran. They don't think like you, they don't feel like you. They think in terms of dying and going to allah to be rewarded for their life. Not having a family and business and making a good life. They think in terms of starting a catastrophic war which will bring back the 12th imam. At the cost of however many lives it takes, including their own. There first goal is to take over the ME as a caliphate. Then to move on the west. Israel is just an excuse and even if Israel were eliminated they would not stop there. We are not dealing with a cold war mentality here. We are dealing with a kamikaze mentality. One that wants nuclear weapons. One that wants a war that will leave the world decimated.

hussein wants to sit down and talk with them. I suggest he practice first. By sitting in a closed room with a rabid dog and see if he can reason with it.

JohnDoe
03-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Let me begin by saying Thank you, to the 2 of you, Gaffer and Classact for being gentlemen in answering all of my posts without blowing me to smitherines with insults.

In fact I almost started a thread called TICKLED PINK regarding how things seem to be slowly changing on this site and I am no longer treated as an outsider, as I have felt for months posting here. (hahahaha, at least I hope I am not viewed as an outsider anymore :eek: )

I did not start that thread because i figured someone would change me being happy (tickled pink) about the way things are so much more enjoyable when you have people to debate and discuss things with from the opposite point of view without them treating you like you're from mars or scum :( buttttttttttttt...I figured that someone on the site would turn it in to some political thread about Code Pink or something thus the nixing of it!!!! :D

Anyway, thanks again....I will read your posts and respond if I can ...when i can...gotta serve up dinner in a few minutes so it might be later.

JD