PDA

View Full Version : If the govt had banned these weapons this wouldn't have happened

Little-Acorn
03-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Can the "convenience" of having such a deadly weapon around the house, justify the DEATH of this man??? Hardly!

Why don't you ask his bereaved 8 and 10 year old sons, if you're still not convinced that government should ban such weapons immediately? How many more people will have to die before we get common-sense regulations in place?

----------------------------------------

http://www.wyff4.com/news/15472885/detail.html

Man Fatally Stabs Himself While Cooking
Young Sons Witness Fatal Accident

POSTED: 10:25 am EST March 3, 2008
UPDATED: 5:03 pm EST March 3, 2008

ANDERSON, S.C. -- A man was killed Sunday when he accidentally stabbed himself while cooking.

Chief Deputy Coroner Charlie Boseman said that Michael Downing, 32, was cooking food for himself and his 8- and 10-year-old sons on Sunday afternoon. Downing burned himself, jerked his hand away and accidentally stabbed himself with a steak knife that he was holding in his hand, Boseman said.

Downing was able to call 911 and explained what had happened. Downing's 10-year-old son got on the phone with the dispatcher and followed instructions to try to save his father.

Downing was conscious when paramedics arrived at his home on Northlake Drive in Anderson. He was transported to AnMed emergency room where he later died.

Boseman said that the knife had pierced Downing's heart, causing his death.

JohnDoe
03-03-2008, 05:41 PM
i can't imagine how horrible that was for these children to watch....:((

what a sad story....one just never knows when they are gonna bite the dust!

gosh, how sad.....i can't get o9ver how sad this is... to be able to respond to your tongue in cheek header regarding guns.... :(

Gadget (fmr Marine)
03-03-2008, 05:47 PM
That is horrible for the kids....I hope they have a mother who is around to watch after them.....

Mr. P
03-03-2008, 06:02 PM
It's high time we have a license to handle or own a knife! With proper training and registration this would never have happened!

pegwinn
03-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Just goes to show why women are the cooks in the house. It's genetic it is. Men are designed by nature to cook outside, over a fire, with beer and neighbors, and neighbors wives in bathing suits.......:cheers2:

diuretic
03-03-2008, 08:43 PM
In keeping with the culture of DP I'll be nice.

What a pointless op.

That is all.

Nukeman
03-03-2008, 09:31 PM
In keeping with the culture of DP I'll be nice.

What a pointless op.

That is all.
Just so you stay our of any debate concerning "gun control" I will refer you to the following post

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=211440&postcount=97

diuretic
03-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Just so you stay our of any debate concerning "gun control" I will refer you to the following post

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=211440&postcount=97

Couple of points here. I'm not sure what your motivation is but I'll take a benign view and say it's to help my failing memory.

Now, to continue. The op is a feeble attempt at making an argument. I'll leave it at that.

Yes, I choose not to enter debates about gun control in the US. There are a couple of reasons. One, it's a purely domestic matter. Secondly, I've got no interest in taking sides in a debate that is frequently characterised by unrealistic claims and outright bullshit on both sides.

But since I'm in an expansive mood I will say this. If I lived in the States I would make sure I lived in a ccw state and I would have several weapons and ccw permits for all of them.

I appreciate the reminder. I do try to be consistent and I do try to observe my own principles. This, however, wasn't inconsistent with my own principles.