PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man

hjmick
03-03-2008, 07:58 PM
I could have sworn there was an Iron Man thread in here, but I couldn't find it so I started this one.

This is the latest trailer and I have to say, I'm looking forward to this one. One of my favorite actors, Robert Downey Jr., one of my favorite directors, Jon Favreau, one of the all time classic Marvel super heroes. I'm good to go.

6Hx6TEqrzHU

jackass
03-03-2008, 08:15 PM
I was very excited for this....UNTIL they casted RDJ!! :slap:

hjmick
03-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Not an RDj fan? Damn, I think he's a damn fine actor. Chaplin is one of my favorite films. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang was damn entertaining as well.

I guess that means you'll be skipping the next Incredible Hulk film as well. Downey plays Tony Stark in that movie as well. Edward Norton is playing Bruce Banner and Liv Tyler is Betty Ross.

The Reverend
03-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I think Iron Man will be a great movie.

Sitarro
03-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Looks outstanding, Downey has always been an incredible actor and it would appear he may have gotten a hold of his addiction problems. "Air America", "Less Than Zero", ''U.S. Marshals'' and of course 'Chaplin''. I too loved the Ironman comics....... the suit looks great. I also agree on Jon Favreau, ''Swingers'' is an all time favorite........''Your so money!''.

Trivia question, who was the clown at George's girlfriends house that didn't know who bozo was.... Seinfeld episode. It was Favreau.

The Reverend
03-03-2008, 08:51 PM
I think Iron Man will be a great movie.

That being said it will still not be as good as V for Vendetta

DragonStryk72
03-03-2008, 09:07 PM
It's too bad that marvel made a total bullocks of the comic book. I'm somewhat less inclined to go see it, despite my love of comic books.

Microcosmos
03-03-2008, 09:47 PM
I have to admit I didn't see RDJ in the role either, but after watching the preview it makes sense. Like he says himself in one scene: "There's been speculation that I've been parading around as a superhero. I'm just not the hero type." Love it!

dan
03-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Downey, Jr. was also outstanding in Zodiac.

hjmick
03-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Downey, Jr. was also outstanding in Zodiac.

Sitting on my coffee table for about three weeks. I have yet to watch it.

dan
03-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Sitting on my coffee table for about three weeks. I have yet to watch it.

I'll go ahead and tell you, it's long and if you don't already know the outcome of the case, I could see where the ending would be really infuriating. But, the performances are all great, the murder scenes are among the most realistic I've seen in a movie, and it feels like a very realistic story (ie. all of the facts seem plausible, the film has the look and feel of a 70's movie). It's a really good one.

hjmick
03-03-2008, 11:40 PM
I'll go ahead and tell you, it's long and if you don't already know the outcome of the case, I could see where the ending would be really infuriating. But, the performances are all great, the murder scenes are among the most realistic I've seen in a movie, and it feels like a very realistic story (ie. all of the facts seem plausible, the film has the look and feel of a 70's movie). It's a really good one.

I'm pretty familiar with the case, so the ending won't bother me. The length isn't an issue, I like long movies. It'snot that I don't want to watch it, I just tend to let movies sit around for a while before I pop them in.