PDA

View Full Version : is it ethical to have a child out of wedlock?

actsnoblemartin
03-03-2008, 10:00 PM
I say no

Dilloduck
03-03-2008, 10:02 PM
I say no

STOP THE FUCKING DUMB ASS THREADS, MARTIN !!!!!

actsnoblemartin
03-03-2008, 10:13 PM
This is a very appropriate thread

some of us have morals, maybe you dont :slap:

gabosaurus
03-03-2008, 10:16 PM

:clap:

manu1959
03-03-2008, 10:18 PM
I say no

what about those that had children before marriage exisited.....

actsnoblemartin
03-03-2008, 10:21 PM
I think its best for children to be born to married couples.

so sue me :poke:

Yurt
03-03-2008, 10:24 PM
does it say this in your religion? or is this just your ethical pov?

diuretic
03-03-2008, 10:36 PM
It's not illegal so that's the objective reality out of the way.

It may or may not be immoral - as Yurt just pointed out martin.

gabosaurus
03-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I think its best for children to be born to married couples.

That rules you out completely...

hjmick
03-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Having had a child while married and another with a woman I was dating, I'd have to say that both experiences were pretty much the same. I say there is nothing unethical about having a child out of wedlock, unless of course you shirk your responsibilities as a father and don't support the child or become a part of the child's life. It would be impossible to tell which of my children were born under which set of circumstances, so I say marriage has nothing to do with anything.

So, Martin, would you suggest that a couple who find themselves in a situation where they are expecting a child, yet know in their hearts that they do not want to marry, they would be miserable, get an abortion rather than bring the child into the world? Even if both want the child? Is abortion the more ethical option? Moral?

You think it is best for children to be born to married couples? How do you reach this conclusion? Have you been married? Have you had children? Who are you to say what's best for anyone? Not to put too fine a point on it, but considering all that you have posted about yourself and your situation, I can't help but think that you have far too much to figure out about yourself to be passing judgement on the behavior of others.

Unethical? No, not even slightly.

actsnoblemartin
03-03-2008, 11:00 PM
I believe both, dont tell me youre mad at an opinion :laugh2:

does it say this in your religion? or is this just your ethical pov?

Yurt
03-03-2008, 11:03 PM
I believe both, dont tell me youre mad at an opinion :laugh2:

did i say i was mad? nope.

you posted this in the religion ethics forum, so just wondering if it was your own pov or where in your religion it states this

actsnoblemartin
03-03-2008, 11:03 PM
more two cents

Having had a child while married and another with a woman I was dating, I'd have to say that both experiences were pretty much the same. I say there is nothing unethical about having a child out of wedlock, unless of course you shirk your responsibilities as a father and don't support the child or become a part of the child's life. It would be impossible to tell which of my children were born under which set of circumstances, so I say marriage has nothing to do with anything.

So, Martin, would you suggest that a couple who find themselves in a situation where they are expecting a child, yet know in their hearts that they do not want to marry, they would be miserable, get an abortion rather than bring the child into the world? Even if both want the child? Is abortion the more ethical option? Moral?

ME: abortion is never ethical, well unless the woman is raped, or gonna die, so yeah, id say, if you two have an oops, keep the kid, dont marry, and move along

You think it is best for children to be born to married couples? How do you reach this conclusion? Have you been married? Have you had children? Who are you to say what's best for anyone? Not to put too fine a point on it, but considering all that you have posted about yourself and your situation, I can't help but think that you have far too much to figure out about yourself to be passing judgement on the behavior of others.

Unethical? No, not even slightly.

The Reverend
03-03-2008, 11:04 PM
I say no
Depends on each persons ethics and morals. Mine say no but I only control myself

Marriage always existed.
Genesis 3:20
20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

actsnoblemartin
03-03-2008, 11:04 PM
oh ok, i thought you might be

its my own pov

im not talking about the board members

im saying, in general, do you think its good idea, would you want your kids to do it, whether you did it or not, your still my friend, i just wanna know, do u find it moral generally speaking, is it the best interests of the kids

thats all

did i say i was mad? nope.

you posted this in the religion ethics forum, so just wondering if it was your own pov or where in your religion it states this

Microcosmos
03-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Marriage without love does not a happy home make. A loving home would make it moral enough for me.

JohnDoe
03-04-2008, 12:11 AM
it's almost 40% now...

almost 40% of all children born in the USA today are born to single mothers....doesn't look like that's a percentage that could easily be overcome, it is a norm now it seems..... :(

diuretic
03-04-2008, 06:06 AM
it's almost 40% now...

almost 40% of all children born in the USA today are born to single mothers....doesn't look like that's a percentage that could easily be overcome, it is a norm now it seems..... :(

40%??? I mean, really?

Heck those abstinence education programmes really rock eh?

"Just...don't...do...it!" Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Hey I've got an idea, what about teaching young people how babies are made and then showing them how to use contraception? Or is that too radical?

PostmodernProphet
03-04-2008, 06:36 AM
Hey I've got an idea, what about teaching young people how babies are made and then showing them how to use contraception? Or is that too radical?

interesting.....do you really think there is a child capable of reproduction who doesn't know about contraception?.......I think it might be more appropriate to teach them..."hey, you know how you think that all this stuff we are teaching you doesn't really apply to you.....well, that's a stupid thing to believe!"......

but back to the original point....40% of women having children being single doesn't mean that 100% of them are high school kids making mistakes.....the largest segment of that demographic are women living with men they are not married to who are intentionally having children.......

The Reverend
03-04-2008, 06:38 AM
I have an even better Idea. How about parents doing their JOBS and teaching kids the difference between right and wrong?

diuretic
03-04-2008, 06:53 AM
interesting.....do you really think there is a child capable of reproduction who doesn't know about contraception?.......I think it might be more appropriate to teach them..."hey, you know how you think that all this stuff we are teaching you doesn't really apply to you.....well, that's a stupid thing to believe!"......

Yes I do believe there is a child capable of reproduction who doesn't know about contraception. I'd like to see all children capable of reproduction taught about contraception. I'm not fussed if abstinence programmes are taught but contraception should be taught to children of reproductive age.

And I agree, the message, "you can get knocked up", needs to be driven home as well. It's a bit like teaching someone to use a seat-belt, strap it on or disaster will befall you.

remie
03-04-2008, 09:13 AM
I have an even better Idea. How about parents doing their JOBS and teaching kids the difference between right and wrong?

Thank you Rev. You took the words right out of my mouth. I would prefer sex education to be taught to my children by my wifey and me.

JohnDoe
03-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Thank you Rev. You took the words right out of my mouth. I would prefer sex education to be taught to my children by my wifey and me.
I agree! But tooooooo bad that this is NOT the case with many families, which is evident in our child pregnancy and abortion rates.

So NOW what?

Regulate paranting? Make them take a course that teaches them to tell their kids not to have unprotected sex or sex at all until marriage???

We ALL on this site know you are right....and it would be BEST if done in this manner, at home with the family unit, but it OBVIOUSLY is not being done and our heads can NOT stay in the sand forever on this and just wish the "PROBLEM" away can it?

There has got to be something we can do to change the way our country is heading, but what? What can be done without infringing on these own people's freedoms that they are guaranteed by living in the USA?

jd

Immanuel
03-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I say no

So what is your suggestion for a couple that finds themselves expecting but not married?

What if one refuses to marry the other for some reason?

Should they abort the child? Is that ethical?

Immie

DragonStryk72
03-04-2008, 11:19 AM
oh ok, i thought you might be

its my own pov

im not talking about the board members

im saying, in general, do you think its good idea, would you want your kids to do it, whether you did it or not, your still my friend, i just wanna know, do u find it moral generally speaking, is it the best interests of the kids

thats all

That's too general a question, though, Martin, it takes no circumstances into account. The whole question is built upon the prospect of one universal answer to the question.

As to the matter of ethics, it is no less ethical than staying in a loveless marriage, forestalling happiness for all parties, Including the kid. We tend to forget that the lives of children involved can be made substantively worse by having to miserable parents barking, than simply having two parents who live separately. My parents made each other, and me and my sibs, completely miserable for 20 years of marriage. There isn't a one of us who wouldn't have been willing to live with a single parent, if both had been happy.

gabosaurus
03-04-2008, 12:45 PM

I agree. Too bad that many parents do not want to approach the subject. This is especially prevalent among Latino families, who rarely mention sex in any context. My cousin Dahlia told me that her "sex talk" from her mother was "Get pregnant and I'll kill you!"
Which is exactly why sex and reproduction should be taught in schools -- "here is how girls can get pregnant. Here is how to avoid it."
Notice that there is no mention of how awesome it is to have sex. Kids are not encourage to take part in or refrain. Just cut and dried information.

There is a lot of bullshit out there among kids. Lots of lines and misinformation.
"You can't get pregnant the first time you have sex"
"You can have a couple of drinks first and you won't get pregnant"
"Aspirin works as good as birth control pills"
"I promise I will pull out first"

Teenage girls believe that crap. Because they don't know any better.

If you can't teach kids to be smart, at least tell them how to be safe.

manu1959
03-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Depends on each persons ethics and morals. Mine say no but I only control myself

Marriage always existed.
20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

adam and eve were born out of wedlock.....unless of course god was married....

Trigg
03-04-2008, 01:34 PM
40%??? I mean, really?

I usually like reading what you have to say, but why do you feel the need to slam the US so often???

Half of unwed mothers are women in their 20-40's who are living with the father. This is probably the same percentage as European women.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-07-01-unwed-births-cohabitation_n.htm

In the early 1990s, about one-third of unmarried births were to cohabiting women; now it's about half.

"Birth rates for unmarried women have been going up for people in their 30s and probably in their 40s as well, while they've been going down for teenagers. This phenomenon has really shifted on us, and many people don't realize it," says Andrew Cherlin, a sociologist at Johns Hopkins University who was not involved in the study.

manu1959
03-04-2008, 01:36 PM
40%??? I mean, really?

they did that at our local high schools....teen pregnancy went up.....:laugh2:

Trigg
03-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Well lookie here, apparently European women can't seem to grasp the "you can get knocked up" idea either, diuretic

According to this article the Europeans are much looser than US women in this regard though. Maybe abstinance does work.

http://www.realclearreligion.com/index_files/6069d54ae574a007faaad81be50862df-294.html

Jan. 15 (Bloomberg) -- France became the first non- Scandinavian country in western Europe to record a majority of out-of-wedlock births.

Of the 816,500 births registered in France last year, 50.5 percent were to unmarried parents, up from 48.4 percent in 2006 and 40 percent 10 years ago, according to a report today by Insee, the Paris-based national statistics agency.

``What's led the rise in out-of-wedlock births is that a lifestyle that was once confined to Paris is now the norm even in rural areas,'' Guy Desplanques, head of Insee's demographics department, said in a telephone interview. ``Marriage is no longer considered indispensable to form a family.''

While the rate of unmarried births has risen the past decade, only Sweden, Norway, Estonia and Bulgaria had passed the 50 percent mark, according to Eurostat, the European Union statistics agency. In Sweden, they've represented the majority for the past decade.

Other countries are close. In 2006, the rate was 46 percent in Denmark, 47 percent in Slovenia and 44 percent in the U.K. While the rate has held steady in Denmark for 10 years, it's risen by a percentage point a year in Britain.

In Spain and Italy, where, like France, the majority is nominally Catholic, the rate of out-of-wedlock births has doubled in the past decade. They represent 27 percent in Spain and 17 percent in Italy.

By comparison, it was 36.9 percent in U.S. in 2005, according to the National Center for Health Statistics.

Only 36% of us births are to unwed mothers, half of whom are older women.

I can't find the percentage of teenage European births that are out of wedlock, maybe you could find that and enlighten us on how well/or not, the Europeans are doing at keeping their teenagers from getting preggers. Heck maybe you could at least post the states from Australia.

gabosaurus
03-04-2008, 02:13 PM
I can think of certain posters on this board that it would be unethical for them to had a child under any circumstances... :laugh2:

manu1959
03-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I can think of certain posters on this board that it would be unethical for them to had a child under any circumstances... :laugh2:

or to have one..........:poke:....and pass on the bad grammar gene.......

Immanuel
03-04-2008, 03:31 PM

Are you picking on me again?

Immie

The Reverend
03-04-2008, 04:22 PM
So what is your suggestion for a couple that finds themselves expecting but not married?

What if one refuses to marry the other for some reason?

Should they abort the child? Is that ethical?

Immie

No abortion is not ethical; the way to solve that dilemma is not to have sex till marriage.

Now playing devils advocate here. Is it unethical to have sex before marriage?

actsnoblemartin
03-04-2008, 05:29 PM
just what we need, more 16 year olds showing 14 year olds how to put a condom on cucumber :laugh2:

40%??? I mean, really?

diuretic
03-04-2008, 07:04 PM
just what we need, more 16 year olds showing 14 year olds how to put a condom on cucumber :laugh2:

Hey cucumbers need love too :laugh2:

Immanuel
03-04-2008, 07:16 PM
No abortion is not ethical; the way to solve that dilemma is not to have sex till marriage.

Now playing devils advocate here. Is it unethical to have sex before marriage?

Well, that would depend on who's ethics we are speaking about.

As a Christian, whose pastor may be reading this site right now, I'd have to say having sex outside of marriage is unethical especially in such a way that brings about the need for an abortion, however, not all the world is Christian or lives by those standards. Who am I to place such limits on anyone else? I can always encourage others not to take that route, but I cannot force others to do so.

Immie

The Reverend
03-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Well, that would depend on who's ethics we are speaking about.

As a Christian, whose pastor may be reading this site right now, I'd have to say having sex outside of marriage is unethical especially in such a way that brings about the need for an abortion, however, not all the world is Christian or lives by those standards. Who am I to place such limits on anyone else? I can always encourage others not to take that route, but I cannot force others to do so.

Immie
Exactly, and that is what I stated in my first post here

Marriage always existed.

diuretic
03-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm not a Christian. I have had sex outside of marriage. Have I acted unethically, given I'm not a Christian?

Serious question and not a poke at anyone or their beliefs so please don't think it is. If I have a go at religion I usually make it perfectly clear. For me this is an interesting discussion about how ethics works.

The Reverend
03-04-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm not a Christian. I have had sex outside of marriage. Have I acted unethically, given I'm not a Christian?

Serious question and not a poke at anyone or their beliefs so please don't think it is. If I have a go at religion I usually make it perfectly clear. For me this is an interesting discussion about how ethics works.

To me yes BUT I do not determine what is ethical to you. It depends on whether or not you care what people think about you. I don't care what people think about me so I live by the ethical standards instilled in my by me parents, the Bible and my own experience.

manu1959
03-04-2008, 09:54 PM

ethics are a set of moral principals....morals are simply modes of conduct.....

so.....sure .....as long as the group you hang out with doesn't stone for this....

gabosaurus
03-04-2008, 11:11 PM
If girls had to make a choice between Martin and a cucumber, stores would not be able to keep nice cukes in stock...

retiredman
03-04-2008, 11:23 PM
If girls had to make a choice between Martin and a cucumber, stores would not be able to keep nice cukes in stock...

or baby gherkins, for that matter.

diuretic
03-05-2008, 03:21 AM
To me yes BUT I do not determine what is ethical to you. It depends on whether or not you care what people think about you. I don't care what people think about me so I live by the ethical standards instilled in my by me parents, the Bible and my own experience.

But if I'm unethical to you (not being personal here just moving along) but ethical to me doesn't that mean that what's ethical or not ethical is only personal judgement?

diuretic
03-05-2008, 03:22 AM

so.....sure .....as long as the group you hang out with doesn't stone for this....

I'm really glad I don't live in Saudi Arabia :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
03-05-2008, 06:32 AM

actually, ethics is the study of moral principles, just as mathematics is the study of math

LOki
03-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Ethics is hardly involved. Ethics may not be involved at all.

I'll say neither ethical or un-ethical.

PostmodernProphet
03-05-2008, 06:46 AM

each person establishes his own moral standards, which are simply the measures against which he makes his right/wrong choices in life......rarely, society will discover a person who is truly amoral, who acts with absolutely no thought as to whether his actions are right/wrong.......they are usually incarcerated at an early age.....

there are also those whose moral standards have been set at "whatever best serves my needs".....quite often that person's actions may be observed by society as "immoral" because they do not conform with what the majority of society views as a proper right/wrong choice......in truth, that person's choice may be entirely consistent with his own moral standards.....from society's viewpoint I expect it makes very little difference whether the person did something objectionable because he acted in contradiction or in conjunction with his own moral standards.....what they are concerned with is what he did.....

having a child out of wedlock is something which fifty years ago was viewed as not conforming with the majority of society's views as a proper right/wrong choice......I think a significant segment of society still would say the same, but no longer a majority......however, I would also say that by no means does a majority of society think having a child out of wedlock is a good right/wrong choice.......

The Reverend
03-05-2008, 07:41 AM
But if I'm unethical to you (not being personal here just moving along) but ethical to me doesn't that mean that what's ethical or not ethical is only personal judgement?

Yes, morals and ethics are always personal judgement. Morals are based on principles. Principles are put in you by parents, teachers, enviroment, religion*, culture, and personal experiences.

* Everyone is affected by religion, either because you believe n a certian religion or thing religion is wrong, either way it affects you.

diuretic
03-05-2008, 04:23 PM
each person establishes his own moral standards, which are simply the measures against which he makes his right/wrong choices in life......rarely, society will discover a person who is truly amoral, who acts with absolutely no thought as to whether his actions are right/wrong.......they are usually incarcerated at an early age.....

there are also those whose moral standards have been set at "whatever best serves my needs".....quite often that person's actions may be observed by society as "immoral" because they do not conform with what the majority of society views as a proper right/wrong choice......in truth, that person's choice may be entirely consistent with his own moral standards.....from society's viewpoint I expect it makes very little difference whether the person did something objectionable because he acted in contradiction or in conjunction with his own moral standards.....what they are concerned with is what he did.....

having a child out of wedlock is something which fifty years ago was viewed as not conforming with the majority of society's views as a proper right/wrong choice......I think a significant segment of society still would say the same, but no longer a majority......however, I would also say that by no means does a majority of society think having a child out of wedlock is a good right/wrong choice.......

As Loki pointed out, it's not a question of ethics. For me it's a question of social attitudes. In my society - generally speaking - no-one is bothered any more. Years ago, as you've pointed out, it was seen as a terrible disgrace.

diuretic
03-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Yes, morals and ethics are always personal judgement. Morals are based on principles. Principles are put in you by parents, teachers, enviroment, religion*, culture, and personal experiences.

* Everyone is affected by religion, either because you believe n a certian religion or thing religion is wrong, either way it affects you.

I don't see ethics as being personal. If they're personal then they're simple value systems. Ethics have to be objective and impersonal to be useful.

Certainly I'm affected by the dominant religion in my culture because Christianity shaped it. However its influence in my culture has been diluted and it has no place in our secular society.

Kathianne
03-05-2008, 06:30 PM
more two cents

Seems more like a question to me?

Kathianne
03-05-2008, 06:33 PM
I usually like reading what you have to say, but why do you feel the need to slam the US so often???

Half of unwed mothers are women in their 20-40's who are living with the father. This is probably the same percentage as European women.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-07-01-unwed-births-cohabitation_n.htm

The European numbers of 'out of wedlock' now exceed 50% if memory serves, but marriage is passe.

chesswarsnow
03-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I think that its not a good idea to have children without being married.
2. Its counter productive.
3. The child lacks every advantage he/she would otherwise have.
4. What's in a name really does matter.
5. Every child deserves to have a mother and father.
6. Because it took two people to help bring the child forth.
7. If the child only has half the parents he/she will have an easier choice to have even less morals than his/hers parents.
8. What comes around goes around, like a cycle.
9. So, take the time to get married if you are pregnant, or have fathered a child.
10. Do the right thing, for once.
11. And don't worry about the money, the money will come.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The Reverend
03-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I don't see ethics as being personal. If they're personal then they're simple value systems. Ethics have to be objective and impersonal to be useful.

Certainly I'm affected by the dominant religion in my culture because Christianity shaped it. However its influence in my culture has been diluted and it has no place in our secular society.

Sure ethics are personal.

If it weren't then there would not be any debates about homosexuality, abortion, marriage, cheating, and etc.

Your personal ethics dictate how you live. My ethics do not control your life.
While I might think that premarital sex is not ethical you might think differently.

I have to disagree about religion having a place in society. First 80% of Americans say they are Christian, thus we are not a secular society; second the further we stray from religion the worse things have gotten IMO.

Wahini
03-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I say no

So if you knocked some broad up....out of wedlock.....would you have her abort it?

If yes how very moral of you.

Said1
03-05-2008, 08:28 PM
So if you knocked some broad up....out of wedlock.....would you have her abort it?

If yes how very moral of you.

Isn't wahini some kind of Mediterranean dip?

Wahini
03-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Isn't wahini some kind of Mediteranian dip?

No, thats tahini. Wahini is a hot island gal.

Said1
03-05-2008, 08:31 PM
No, thats tahini. Wahini is a hot island gal.

So you're Hawaian - a Wahino? Cool.

Wahini
03-05-2008, 08:33 PM
So you're Hawaian - a Wahino? Cool.

Something like that, but yeah..........i'm hot.

hjmick
03-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Wahini-Hai is a nasty Polynesian demoness. She has protruding eyes and a tongue hanging down to her feet and she steals and eats small children. Sounds like my ex-wife.

Wahini
03-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Wahini-Hai is a nasty Polynesian demoness. She has protruding eyes and a tongue hanging down to her feet and she steals and eats small children. Sounds like my ex-wife.

Lol.......I think in today's slang though the term has been hijacked to mean a smoking hot babe.

Said1
03-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Something like that, but yeah..........i'm hot.

I'm sure you are. Like that other guy who disliked Martin, but doesn't post here anymore - banned. He was such a wing bag and so full of himself anyways. I don't know how his neck managed to hold that big ol head up without giving out on itself. OCA's over sized ego was the 8th wonder of the world.
:finger3:

The Reverend
03-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Something like that, but yeah..........i'm hot.:popcorn:
http://www.suspendedlaunch.com/dl/this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Kathianne
03-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm sure you are. Like that other guy who disliked Martin, but doesn't post here anymore - banned. He was such a wing bag and so full of himself anyways. I don't know how his neck managed to hold that big ol head up without giving out on itself. OCA's over sized ego was the 8th wonder of the world.
:finger3:

Who could you be speaking about?

Wahini
03-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm sure you are. Like that other guy who disliked Martin, but doesn't post here anymore - banned. He was such a wing bag and so full of himself anyways. I don't know how his neck managed to hold that big ol head up without giving out on itself. :finger3:

Wing bag? Did he like chicken wings lol?

I like to use the term "full of self confidence" instead of "full of himself", sounds better and is more appropriate, don't ya think?

Wahini
03-05-2008, 08:42 PM
:popcorn:
http://www.suspendedlaunch.com/dl/this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Holy hell Reverend! No way will I be acquiescing to a request for pics from someone who lives near the stockyards. lol

Kathianne
03-05-2008, 08:43 PM

I like to use the term "full of self confidence" instead of "full of himself", sounds better and is more appropriate, don't ya think?

Not sure. If it were the guy from before...Now if it were a reincarnation without the hubris, a Greek thing, ya know...

Said1
03-05-2008, 08:45 PM

No. I think gynormous fat head sounds better, but I don't like to hurt the feelings of others. I think he was a giant pole smoking closet homo too, not that there's anything wrong with that - is was just so obvious, despite all the faux bravado.

Wahini
03-05-2008, 08:49 PM
No. I think gynormous fat head sounds better, but I don't like to hurt the feelings of others. I think he was a giant pole smoking closet homo too, not that there's anything wrong with that - is was just so obvious, despite all the faux bravado.

LMFAO! Yes! That for sure was it, of course I don't know this fellow but sounds like he sure made a lasting impression bad or good.

The Reverend
03-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Holy hell Reverend! No way will I be acquiescing to a request for pics from someone who lives near the stockyards. lol

Chicken :laugh:

Said1
03-05-2008, 08:52 PM
LMFAO! Yes! That for sure was it, of course I don't know this fellow but sounds like he sure made a lasting impression bad or good.

Of course you don't know this person and pls, don't let it stop you from posting in Martin's threads.

Wahini
03-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Chicken :laugh:

Ok, you caught me.

The Reverend
03-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Wow that was quick she/he was here and now is banned

MtnBiker
03-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Members banned by Jim will remain so until he informs the staff otherwise.

The Reverend
03-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Members banned by Jim will remain so until he informs the staff otherwise.

I got absolutely no problems with it, was just making a comment. Y'alls board y'alls decisions. Being a mod on another board I respect that.

diuretic
03-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Sure ethics are personal.

If it weren't then there would not be any debates about homosexuality, abortion, marriage, cheating, and etc.

Your personal ethics dictate how you live. My ethics do not control your life.
While I might think that premarital sex is not ethical you might think differently.

I have to disagree about religion having a place in society. First 80% of Americans say they are Christian, thus we are not a secular society; second the further we stray from religion the worse things have gotten IMO.

If a society has multiple religions then how does it agree on what's moral?

diuretic
03-05-2008, 09:14 PM

I didn't know you lived in Forth Worth Rev (just checked, yep there it is). I stayed at the Stockyards Hotel once, those saddles as barstools were great :laugh2:

Sorr for the interjection, back to normal :coffee:

The Reverend
03-05-2008, 09:20 PM
If a society has multiple religions then how does it agree on what's moral?

That is a good question. Well laws passed down by the government take care of some stuff; murder, theft, abuse, and the like.

The other stuff like abortion, premartial sex, and such that are not illegal are based on each persons ideals and beliefs (aka ethics) This is very evident in America, just look at all the discussions on abortion and such.

For the most part as a society we agree on some things that are not ethical, adultry, cheating, lying, and etc. Soem others are still being debated. That is how a society sets a broad moral compass.

It is still the individual itself that choses whether or not to go by those moral or follow their own.

Also most religions have about the same basic ethical standards.

chesswarsnow
Sorry bout that,

I got absolutely no problems with it, was just making a comment. Y'alls board y'alls decisions. Being a mod on another board I respect that.

1. But I was wondering about you.
2. Seems like I have seen you before???
3. Maybe at one of those previous sites I got the *Royal Ban*?
4. Been a while, how ya been old friend?:laugh2:
5. I don't think you knew it before, but I am also from the DFW area.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The Reverend
I didn't know you lived in Forth Worth Rev (just checked, yep there it is). I stayed at the Stockyards Hotel once, those saddles as barstools were great :laugh2:

Sorr for the interjection, back to normal :coffee:

That is a great hotel. I love it here.

The Reverend
03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I was wondering about you.
2. Seems like I have seen you before???
3. Maybe at one of those previous sites I got the *Royal Ban*?
4. Been a while, how ya been old friend?:laugh2:
5. I don't think you knew it before, but I am also from the DFW area.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Weren't banned from a site I was on, trust me I would remember you.

Cool another Texan

chesswarsnow
03-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yeah I've lasted here a quite a long time.
2. Made it to 1k posts.
3. There's been sites I can only get to like 30.
4. Then BAM!
5. It happens.:laugh2:
6. But I'm used to it.
7. Anyway, welcome aboard, you seem to be a good asset to DP.
8. Last time I said that about a new poster, I got banned like a week later.
9. Oh well, crap happens.
10. Glad to see another *Where The West Begins* man come aboard.
11. There's a few other Texans here as well, from different places.
12. Boogyman being one of the top dudes from Texas here.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

82Marine89
03-05-2008, 09:59 PM
You two quiet down. The sheep are getting nervous.

The Reverend
03-05-2008, 10:04 PM
You two quiet down. The sheep are getting nervous.

:slap:

chesswarsnow
03-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. There's an old joke been going around Cailfornacation for years.
2. Its a knock on Texas.
3. I heard it from the local jerks when I lived there.
4. Went something like, don't remember actually.
5. "There ain't nothing but steers and queers in Texas, *something else*, where the men are men and then the sheep are nervous."
6. But what is really funny about hearing a person from Californacation telling it is the shear ironic idiocy of it.
7. Every body knows all the queers either are born there are soon move to Californacation.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
03-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. There's an old joke been going around Cailfornacation for years.
2. Its a knock on Texas.
3. I heard it from the local jerks when I lived there.
4. Went something like, don't remember actually.
5. "There ain't nothing but steers and queers in Texas, *something else*, where the men are men and then the sheep are nervous."
6. But what is really funny about hearing a person from Californacation telling it is the shear ironic idiocy of it.
7. Every body knows all the queers either are born there are soon move to Californacation.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/so-not-funny.jpg

82Marine89
03-05-2008, 10:41 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/roflmao1.gif

chesswarsnow
03-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. It was funny with a twist of truth.
2. And a twist of falsehood.
3. The falsehood part was about Texas.