PDA

View Full Version : Extending Voting Hours for Ohioans?

krisy
03-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Fox news is reporting that because of the bad weather moving through here in Ohio,the Sec of State may have to go to a judge and ask for extended voting hours. Up north they are getting ice.

I cringe when I hear stuff like this because someone is going to be making noise about not getting to vote. Hopefully it doesn't start a big load of media garbage.

hjmick
03-04-2008, 11:07 AM
It's not the weather, you friggin' buckeyes are just slow.

JohnDoe
03-04-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm sure they will extend the hours, it seems like that would be the just thing to do in these circumstances.

krisy
03-04-2008, 11:30 AM
It's not the weather, you friggin' buckeyes are just slow.

Could be :laugh2:

We are just getting rain where I am,but here in Ohio,really,that even slows things down.

krisy
03-04-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm sure they will extend the hours, it seems like that would be the just thing to do in these circumstances.

I don't have a problem with it. Ice can be worse than snow.

The whole thing makes me think of people hollaring about not getting to vote and recounts and disenfranchised (sp?)voters because of weather.

Calgon take me away!!!!!!

hjmick
03-04-2008, 11:34 AM

We are just getting rain where I am,but here in Ohio,really,that even slows things down.

The rain in Ohio is not to be scoffed at, I know of what I speak.

I am Nelsonville bread and born, spent my summers in Chillicothe, still have family in Chilli, Cincy, and Columbus. I know they'll need the extra time, they're decidedly slow. LOL

krisy
03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
The rain in Ohio is not to be scoffed at, I know of what I speak.

I am Nelsonville bread and born, spent my summers in Chillicothe, still have family in Chilli, Cincy, and Columbus. I know they'll need the extra time, they're decidedly slow. LOL

Reds fans I hope?

hjmick
03-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Reds fans I hope?

I'm the black sheep of the family, Tribe. I'm certain my grandfather spins in his urn because of me.

krisy
03-04-2008, 11:47 AM
I'm the black sheep of the family, Tribe. I'm certain my grandfather spins in his urn because of me.

Hmph! :poke:

Just kidding....we'll see what Dusty Baker does with the Reds this year.

Trinity
03-04-2008, 04:58 PM

you aren't kidding.......... problem is we get rain or snow and everybody forgets how to drive, either that or you have the idiots who think they should be driving 70mph on ice covered roads in there 4 wheel drive vehicles because everybody knows you can drive that fast on ice in 4 wheel drive :rolleyes:

krisy
03-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Obama for America has filed for polls staying open and got it. Because of bad weather.

There also allegations of ballad shortages for the Democrats. A big reason for this is because many Republicans switched over and voted for Hillary. There were people calling the radio left and right who are registered Republicans that switched over for the primary.

Trigg
03-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Just to clear things up the weather is dangerous with the ice pellets making the roads extremely icy.

Personnally I wouldn't risk it to vote, but I think extending the voting hours is a good idea.

manu1959
03-04-2008, 09:27 PM
it is winter there correct.........winter there every year this time.......

can you say vote by mail.....

Trigg
03-04-2008, 09:29 PM
. I know they'll need the extra time, they're decidedly slow. LOL

They're slow because of those darn Ohio cops, they've had the speed limit driving into their little skulls. The cops are also out of state profilers, always pulling over anyone without a front license plate!!!!!!!!!

My husband can't seem to drive through that state without getting a ticket, and that's with a radar detector.

LiberalNation
03-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Hillary is taking Ohio, close in Texas, won Rhode Island.

Trigg
03-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Hillary is taking Ohio, close in Texas, won Rhode Island.

Even though I hate to see her win, eventually people were going to wise up and realize that Obama is just a motivational speaker with no ideas to back him up.

manu1959
03-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Even though I hate to see her win, eventually people were going to wise up and realize that Obama is just a motivational speaker with no ideas to back him up.

you really should go read both their websites...obama is pretty clear....