PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre retiring! Finally!!

Immanuel
03-04-2008, 11:41 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-packers-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre has decided to retire from the NFL after 17 seasons.

“He has had one of the greatest careers in the history of the National Football League, and he is able to walk away from the game on his own terms— not many players are able to do that,” Packers general manager Ted Thompson said Tuesday.

Favre’s agent Bus Cook said the 38-year-old quarterback told him of his decision Monday night.

I've never been a fan of Brett... simply because I'm a fan of teams he has man-handled in the past.

But, let me be the first to wish Brett a happy and successful retirement. I'm sure Brett will do well wherever he ends up.

Best of luck to ya Brett and I mean that with all sincerity. The fans of the NFL have truly been blessed by your skills.

Immie

hjmick
03-04-2008, 11:43 AM
It's about time. I think he's scheduled for mummification later this month, thus the retirement.

jackass
03-04-2008, 03:00 PM
You both suck! I for one will miss his play very much. He is a throwback QB of an era long forgotten by many professional players.

manu1959
03-04-2008, 03:02 PM
a chick beat you all to the punch on this thread....

hjmick
03-04-2008, 03:06 PM
You both suck! I for one will miss his play very much. He is a throwback QB of an era long forgotten by many professional players.

LOL

You are correct, JA, he is probably the last of his breed. I always enjoyed his play and the NFL won't be the same without him.

I was just joking about the mummy thing.

jackass
03-04-2008, 03:47 PM

Who??

jackass
03-04-2008, 03:47 PM
LOL

You are correct, JA, he is probably the last of his breed. I always enjoyed his play and the NFL won't be the same without him.

I was just joking about the mummy thing.

I know you were. I should have put a :laugh2: after I said you two suck.

manu1959
03-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Who??

gabby posted this hours ago...

jimnyc
03-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Brett's gonna be missed in the NFL, and not just by Green Bay fans. I always saw him as a big kid playing the game. You could tell how much he enjoyed it, and how badly he wanted to win. He was a great QB, tough as hell unlike many others in his position and had a passion that seems to be lacking by so many in the game today.

He had a great career and we'll see him again at Canton in about 5 years I'm sure.

hjmick
03-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Time Out For Trivia:

From what team did the Green Bay Packers acquire Brett Favre?

actsnoblemartin
03-04-2008, 05:49 PM
atlanta falcons, and i didnt even have to look it up

dan reeves was coach of atlanta at the time in 1991.

I saw this on tv a while ago

Time Out For Trivia:

From what team did the Green Bay Packers acquire Brett Favre?

hjmick
03-04-2008, 05:51 PM
It was indeed Atlanta. Well done.

actsnoblemartin
03-04-2008, 06:03 PM
thank you sir

excellent trivia question by you :clap:

It was indeed Atlanta. Well done.

Immanuel
03-04-2008, 07:01 PM

Actually, I will miss his play too.

I was sincere in my fare well. I wish him the best. Sure, I used to rout against him. I used to say, "I wish someone would wipe that silly grin off his face!", but truly he has been a great QB. Maybe not the most elegant passer out there, but the man knew how to pull a game out and he always made it exciting when he got the ball with seemingly too little time on the clock and too far to go.

Yes, Brett's going to be missed even by those fans of other teams.

Immie

Immanuel
03-04-2008, 07:03 PM

Um, excuse me? Maybe you should check the times of the original posts?

Mine was as 11:41am my time. Her's was 2:07pm my time. I think I beat her by nearly two and a half hours.

Immie

The Reverend
03-04-2008, 07:06 PM
To see Farve play just watch Romo.

http://www.comfortablezone.com/images/DallasCowboysSuperPlushBlanket.jpg

Immanuel
03-04-2008, 07:10 PM

http://www.comfortablezone.com/images/DallasCowboysSuperPlushBlanket.jpg

Grrr! Get that logo off my thread! ;) There is only one team in the NFL that I enjoyed watching Favre Kick their butts and that was the Cow turds! How dare you put there logo on one of MY threads? :laugh2:

Immie

PS just kidding about it being MY thread and I'm sure not trying to censor you... but one more of those and you go on my iggy list! :D

PPS Just kidding about that as well.

The Reverend
03-04-2008, 07:14 PM
I guessed that you were joking.

What you don't like America's team?

http://www.myteamprints.com/images/football/lrg/3199DallasCowboys.jpg

Immanuel
03-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I guessed that you were joking.

What you don't like America's team?

http://www.myteamprints.com/images/football/lrg/3199DallasCowboys.jpg

Well, first of all it would be that they call themselves "America's Team". In their heyday, the Oakland Raiders filled up many more visiting stadiums than the Cowboys did. The Raiders were America's team.

The Cowboys are arrogant.

I don't like Jerry Jones. I haven't liked him since the day he fired Tom Landry. He's arrogant... in fact, the most arrogant person in the NFL if not the country.

By the way, I don't like arrogance. :D Which is probably why I'm not voting for either candidate in the elections later this year.

Immie

jackass
03-04-2008, 07:23 PM

This is about Favre....a Championship winning QB. NOT a champion CHOKING QB!! :laugh2:

Hey....who won the Super Bowl this year??

Oh yeah....these guys!!

manu1959
03-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Um, excuse me? Maybe you should check the times of the original posts?

Mine was as 11:41am my time. Her's was 2:07pm my time. I think I beat her by nearly two and a half hours.

Immie

i stand corrected.....

The Reverend
03-04-2008, 08:04 PM
This is about Favre....a Championship winning QB. NOT a champion CHOKING QB!! :laugh2:

Hey....who won the Super Bowl this year??

Oh yeah....these guys!!

Romo is still a rookie. He has BROKEN several record already. Besides it wasn't him that choked, it was his line.

jackass
03-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Romo is still a rookie. He has BROKEN several record already. Besides it wasn't him that choked, it was his line.

A rookie?? He has choked twice already! Excuses excuses excuses!

Pale Rider
03-07-2008, 02:35 PM
I wonder if Bretts retirement has anything to do with him throwing the losing interception pass during an overtime in a playoff game? No matter, I grew up in Wisconsin and plan to move back there soon. I always have been and always will be a Packer Backer/Cheese Head, and have only the greatest of respect for Brett Farve. He's earned his retirement and then some...

In the End, Desire Eludes Packers' Favre
2008-03-07 08:14:30
By CHRIS JENKINS AP Sports Writer

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Once again, Brett Favre tried to reach down deep for whatever it was that allowed him to put aside the pain and find his rightful place under center in 275 straight games for the Green Bay Packers. It wasn't there any more.

So Favre put a strong arm around his tearful wife, Deanna, and walked off the stage — presumably for good.

Favre confirmed his retirement in a news conference at Lambeau Field on Thursday, choking on his emotions as he spoke.

"I've given everything I possibly could give to this organization, the game of football, and I don't think I've got anything left to give," Favre said, two days after the Packers announced his intention to retire. "And that's it. I know I can play. But I don't think I want to."

Favre leaves the game with a Super Bowl victory, virtually every quarterback record worth having and the widespread admiration of his peers and fans.

He said he has no regrets and nothing left to prove, but did admit to having a "knot the size of a basketball" in his throat as he pondered his final day as a Packer.

http://charter.net/news/news_reader.php?storyid=14458442&feedid=255

jackass
03-07-2008, 03:10 PM
I dont think so Pale. I think if the Pack had gotten Moss like Favre wanted, he would have been back.

Pale Rider
03-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I dont think so Pale. I think if the Pack had gotten Moss like Favre wanted, he would have been back.

Ya know I hope not... the guy played his heart out. He wouldn't really deserve to be plagued with such a thought.