PDA

View Full Version : Ohio GOP voters show their smarts

gabosaurus
03-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I was listening to a news program this morning. Seems as though Republican voters showed up in large numbers at the Ohio primary, but not to vote for any GOP candidate. Many voted for Hillary Clinton.
The reason? Hillary has more baggage and would make a softer target in the general election. Obama represents the unknown. Hillary brings the prospect of attacking Bill Clinton.

Sounds like good strategy to me. I wonder if this represents a trend in future primaries?

Classact
03-05-2008, 12:20 PM
I was listening to a news program this morning. Seems as though Republican voters showed up in large numbers at the Ohio primary, but not to vote for any GOP candidate. Many voted for Hillary Clinton.
The reason? Hillary has more baggage and would make a softer target in the general election. Obama represents the unknown. Hillary brings the prospect of attacking Bill Clinton.

Sounds like good strategy to me. I wonder if this represents a trend in future primaries?PA is a closed primary where only Democrats can vote and Republicans and Independents that Obama say vote for him will be shut out if they don't register as Democrats by 24 March. That sounds pretty good for Hillary even though there are a large number of black voters in the larger cities. On the negative side for Hillary the black districts are to get more delegates based on their consistent Democratic voting practices as a block... so the white Democratic vote will be worth less than the white Democratic vote... now that's as fair as it gets.

gabosaurus
03-05-2008, 12:28 PM
I suppose Texas and Ohio were open primaries? Not sure which primaries are open and which are closed.

krisy
03-05-2008, 12:37 PM
I suppose Texas and Ohio were open primaries? Not sure which primaries are open and which are closed.

Ohio is. I had three family members that swung over and voted for her,but will vote Republican in the November election. It's all the news is talking about here. Rush Also had a lot to do with it. He pushed Texas voters to do the same.

gabosaurus
03-05-2008, 12:39 PM
That makes sense. The Limbaugh parrots are always eager to do his bidding.

Mr. P
03-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Nothing new here...crossover voting has been around for along time.

We just removed Cynthia McKinney with it recently. :clap:

eighballsidepocket
03-05-2008, 01:07 PM

Sounds like good strategy to me. I wonder if this represents a trend in future primaries?

I think you missed the "why" or true reason of the mass GOP cross-over voting for Hillary.

Most of the Conservative radio pundits, have been encouraging their listeners to cross-over and vote for Hillary for a very special reason. It was to deadlock the race between Hillary and Obama so that they will do some self-destructing. This increases the odds that neither candidate will have enough delegate votes to be nominated at their convention a first round of votes. It's well overdue that the Demo's had a little infighting and realized that their values aren't altruistic.

If you look at the results, it has already started.

Hillary is hinting at Obama being her V.P..... How generous of her.:laugh2:

Obama is working hard behind the scenes to get those super delegates on his side.:poke:

Come, convention time, the Democrats are going to have one big mess, or it's a Hillary/Obama ticket. Will Obama "cow tow" to the Clinton's and be a V.P.? Will Hillary want to be a V.P.?:coffee:

Rush Limbaugh and other conservative radio talking-heads, had a big hand in the Hillary victories in Texas and Ohio. GOP voters crossed over in droves, not because they will be voting democrat in November, but because they knew McCain was a shoe-in anyway, and they could do a little sabre rattling, and chaos causing, and play nice and dirty like the democrats have been doing for years.

Democrats have been playing the cross-over game with our GOP primary candidates for years.

What will result of this? Democrats who wanted open primarys will be crying for closed primarys from now on. So that is a good thing for this voter. It's a fine thing when it works to your advantage, but when the open primary that liberals pushed for, for years, backfires on them in the case of the massive GOP crossover to Hillary to create a mess for the Demo's, then it isn't playing fair.

There is so much stir and buzz going on with liberal media pundents talking about Rush Limbaugh being responsible for this Hillary victory, for impure reasons. They're right. These GOP crossovers were not pro-Hillary. They were put the skids or brakes on the Obama phenomena. In some ways Hillary can be thankful, but Obama obviously won't be. :clap:

Hillary was asked about Rush's influence in her recent victories, and she basically said that Rush and his followers may regret what they did. She said that with a big old smile. I think behind that smile is a lot of consternation, and confusion.

I really think that the Obama contingent is not going to be pleased with their candidate taking a back-seat to old establishment, and white, caucasian, Hillary as the Prez.

Is a Hillary/Obama ticket powerful? Think George McGovern, think Dukakis, ......and remember that Hillary and Obama are as liberal or more-so than McGovern was. McGovern was crushed in the Prez. election.

When it gets down to picking the C and C of this country, the majority of Americans are still moderate to conservative. Reagan got millions of blue collar democratic cross-over votes. Don't be surprised if McCain doesn't do similarly.

Abbey Marie
03-05-2008, 01:22 PM
If this is true, this is one "right wing conspiracy" Hillary won't complain about.

Abbey Marie
03-05-2008, 01:24 PM
PA is a closed primary where only Democrats can vote and Republicans and Independents that Obama say vote for him will be shut out if they don't register as Democrats by 24 March. That sounds pretty good for Hillary even though there are a large number of black voters in the larger cities. On the negative side for Hillary the black districts are to get more delegates based on their consistent Democratic voting practices as a block... so the white Democratic vote will be worth less than the white Democratic vote... now that's as fair as it gets.

Philly will go at least 90% for Obamalamadingdong

theHawk
03-05-2008, 01:32 PM
I was listening to Rush during lunch. Its pretty funny that people in the media are saying that he has "perverted" the democratic process. Rush points out that they weren't saying that about liberals who voted in the Republican primarys to get McCain the nomination, even when they have no intention of voting for him in the general election.

gabosaurus
03-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Limbaugh. Unlike the other trained attack dogs on Fox and Conservative radio, Limbaugh actually shows common sense sometimes. And it is hard to argue with his logic.
Too bad his radio program screens his calls so tightly.

Mr. P
03-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Limbaugh. Unlike the other trained attack dogs on Fox and Conservative radio, Limbaugh actually shows common sense sometimes. And it is hard to argue with his logic.
Too bad his radio program screens his calls so tightly.

Exactly why the left hates him. And why so many conservative media folks are labeled 'attack' dogs. When it comes to truth, fact and logic it falls on the extreme lefts' deaf ears. BTW I don't listen to him. Nor do I watch Fox.