PDA

View Full Version : Wanted:George Walker Bush & Richard Bruce "Dick" Cheney

The Reverend
03-05-2008, 08:19 PM
ermont towns vote to arrest Bush and Cheney
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Voters in two Vermont towns on Tuesday approved a measure that would instruct police to arrest President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney for "crimes against our Constitution," local media reported.

The nonbinding, symbolic measure, passed in Brattleboro and Marlboro in a state known for taking liberal positions on national issues, instructs town police to "extradite them to other authorities that may reasonably contend to prosecute them."

Vermont, home to maple syrup and picture-postcard views, is known for its liberal politics.

State lawmakers have passed nonbinding resolutions to end the war in Iraq and impeach Bush and Cheney, and several towns have also passed resolutions of impeachment. None of them have caught on in Washington.

Bush has never visited the state as president, though he has spent vacations at his family compound in nearby Maine.

Roughly 12,000 people live in Brattleboro, located on the Connecticut River in the state's southeastern corner. Nearby Marlboro has a population of roughly 1,000.

(Writing by Andy Sullivan, editing by David Wiessler)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080305/...ics_vermont_dc

Yurt
03-05-2008, 09:56 PM
but bin laden gets a pass...

DragonStryk72
03-05-2008, 10:04 PM

That's it, that's the best that you had? I mean, seriously, that's it? Oh they feel that Bush and Cheney have violated their consitutional rights, and put out an APB on them should they show up in that jurisdiction, so yeah, they're pro-Bin Laden :lame2:. Stop being a coward, and accept that if the people, of their own volition, pass that kind of law, then, guess what, it supports the US, not tears it down.

People in this country, I can't understand why, seem to have this ironclad belief that the President is some sort of elected king, he isn't, he's the schlub we hired, and now a majority of the country want to fire him, as his employers, that is our right. I know he won't win, but Ron Paul is my current favorite, and to be honest, it is because of his upholding of the constitution. Just because people believe that our Pres and VP should be brought up on charges does not make them terrorism supporters. It makes them Americans who are actually doing something about it.

stephanie
03-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah...their all big with talk now...

I'd like to see them try it....:laugh2:

April15
03-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Yeah...their all big with talk now...

I'd like to see them try it....:laugh2:Well if the two of them go to either town they will most likely be arrested and released.

Yurt
03-05-2008, 10:19 PM
That's it, that's the best that you had? I mean, seriously, that's it? Oh they feel that Bush and Cheney have violated their consitutional rights, and put out an APB on them should they show up in that jurisdiction, so yeah, they're pro-Bin Laden :lame2:. Stop being a coward, and accept that if the people, of their own volition, pass that kind of law, then, guess what, it supports the US, not tears it down.

People in this country, I can't understand why, seem to have this ironclad belief that the President is some sort of elected king, he isn't, he's the schlub we hired, and now a majority of the country want to fire him, as his employers, that is our right. I know he won't win, but Ron Paul is my current favorite, and to be honest, it is because of his upholding of the constitution. Just because people believe that our Pres and VP should be brought up on charges does not make them terrorism supporters. It makes them Americans who are actually doing something about it.

i don't see a bin laden wanted poster, do you? no, i see more than one attempt to smear bush and cheney and put them behind bars while they don't give a shite about bin laden.

and paaaleeese, that is doing something about it :poke:

stephanie
03-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Well if the two of them go to either town they will most likely be arrested and released.

They have to have a REAL charge against them first dear...and not some made up one's they believe they broke...:coffee:

MtnBiker
03-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Well if the two of them go to either town they will most likely be arrested and released.

I would like to see the local authorities make it past The Secret Security.

actsnoblemartin
03-06-2008, 12:38 AM

:lol:

03-06-2008, 08:01 AM
glad to know the leaders of vermont towns have so much free time to waste.

nevermind that they have no power to enforce their threat.

Immanuel
03-06-2008, 08:04 AM
ermont towns vote to arrest Bush and Cheney
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Voters in two Vermont towns on Tuesday approved a measure that would instruct police to arrest President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney for "crimes against our Constitution," local media reported.

The nonbinding, symbolic measure, passed in Brattleboro and Marlboro in a state known for taking liberal positions on national issues, instructs town police to "extradite them to other authorities that may reasonably contend to prosecute them."

Vermont, home to maple syrup and picture-postcard views, is known for its liberal politics.

State lawmakers have passed nonbinding resolutions to end the war in Iraq and impeach Bush and Cheney, and several towns have also passed resolutions of impeachment. None of them have caught on in Washington.

Bush has never visited the state as president, though he has spent vacations at his family compound in nearby Maine.

Roughly 12,000 people live in Brattleboro, located on the Connecticut River in the state's southeastern corner. Nearby Marlboro has a population of roughly 1,000.

(Writing by Andy Sullivan, editing by David Wiessler)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080305/...ics_vermont_dc

Right there says it all... this is why these morons have their panties in a wad... because they feel slighted by George Bush and Dick Cheney.

The idiot(s) that wasted the towns' councils with this measure needs to open up any basic law dictionary and look up the word jurisdiction. These clowns in these towns don't have jurisdiction over the alledged crimes anyway and could not get passed the courthouse door with their case against the President or the Vice President even if they could conceivably arrest one of them.

I wonder how much money these clowns cost their local governments putting this on the ballot.

Immie

diuretic
03-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Is this a first?

I like your idea of accountability for politicians.

Our former Prime Minister is in the States right now. Who do I contact to ask if you would keep him? :laugh2:

Immanuel
03-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Is this a first?

I like your idea of accountability for politicians.

Our former Prime Minister is in the States right now. Who do I contact to ask if you would keep him? :laugh2:

Hmmm, maybe we can arrange a trade? We give you three for one and a draft pick to be named later?

:laugh2:

Immie

diuretic
03-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Hmmm, maybe we can arrange a trade? We give you three for one and a draft pick to be named later?

:laugh2:

Immie

I'm feeling generous. You can have him we'll send money later :laugh2:

Immanuel
03-06-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm feeling generous. You can have him we'll send money later :laugh2:

Oh no, no deal, you have to take the good with the bad... but then if you want to send money... I can set up a PayPal account and you can deposit it there for safe keeping.

Immie

manu1959
03-06-2008, 10:35 AM

tell me why they don't vote to arrest all the members of congress that voted to send troops and money to support the "illegal war".....

JohnDoe
03-06-2008, 11:14 AM
tell me why they don't vote to arrest all the members of congress that voted to send troops and money to support the "illegal war".....

here is what a town in vermont had as their reasons for impeachment, which would be their reasons for arrest, I presume:

For the record, Middlebury, Vermont says:

We the people have the power -- and the responsibility -- to remove executives who transgress not just the law, but the rule of law.

The oaths that the President and Vice President take binds them to "preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States." The failure to do so forms a sound basis for articles of impeachment.

The President and Vice President have failed to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution" in the following ways:

1. They have manipulated intelligence and misled the country to justify an immoral, unjust, and unnecessary preemptive war in Iraq.

2. They have directed the government to engage in domestic spying without warrants, in direct contravention of U.S. law.

3. They have conspired to commit the torture of prisoners, in violation of the Federal Torture Act and the Geneva Convention.

4. They have ordered the indefinite detention without legal counsel, without charges and without the opportunity to appear before a civil judicial officer to challenge the detention -- all in violation of U.S. law and the Bill of Rights.

When strong evidence exists of the most serious crimes, we must use impeachment -- or lose the ability of the legislative branch to compel the executive branch to obey the law.

George Bush has led our country to a constitutional crisis, and it is our responsibility to remove him from office.

http://www.commondreams.org/views07/0307-22.htm

Immanuel
03-06-2008, 11:55 AM
here is what a town in vermont had as their reasons for impeachment, which would be their reasons for arrest, I presume:

http://www.commondreams.org/views07/0307-22.htm

However, I believe that very same Constitution they are talking about lays out how a President or Vice President can be impeached. I further believe that no where in that Constitution does it state that a town or two has the authority to invoke articles of impeachment.

They are out of line.

Immie

The Reverend
03-06-2008, 12:13 PM
However, I believe that very same Constitution they are talking about lays out how a President or Vice President can be impeached. I further believe that no where in that Constitution does it state that a town or two has the authority to invoke articles of impeachment.

They are out of line.

Immie

Well what they are doing is since the Presidency is almot over for Bush and Cheney they are planning to arrest them after they leave office and become citizens again. Thus that side-steps impeachment

JohnDoe
03-06-2008, 12:21 PM

They are out of line.

Immiefyi....A State, has the right to petition Congress to bring up articles of Impeachment for the president or vice president...if their state legislature approves such.....brings it to a vote, is my understanding?

Immanuel
03-06-2008, 12:25 PM
fyi....A State, has the right to petition Congress to bring up articles of Impeachment for the president or vice president...if their state legislature approves such.....brings it to a vote, is my understanding?

Two towns do not a state make. ;) Even in such a small state as Vermont! :)

Good afternoon.

Immie

Immanuel
03-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Well what they are doing is since the Presidency is almot over for Bush and Cheney they are planning to arrest them after they leave office and become citizens again. Thus that side-steps impeachment

Then they are cowards.

Immie

JohnDoe
03-06-2008, 12:41 PM
fyi....A State, has the right to petition Congress to bring up articles of Impeachment for the president or vice president...if their state legislature approves such.....brings it to a vote, is my understanding?
damn! i hate not being able to EDIT after 10 minutes!

fyi....immie

B. JEFFERSON'S MANUAL
According to Section 603 of Jefferson's Manual, "there are various methods of setting an impeachment in motion": 1) By charges made on the floor by a member of the House; 2) By charges preferred by a memorial filed by a House member; 3) By charges contained in a Resolution introduced by a House member; 4) By a message from the President; 5) By charges transmitted by a State legislature, or a grand jury; 5) By facts developed and reported by an investigating committee of the House.

According to Section 604 of the Manual, "[a] direct proposition to impeach is a question of high privilege in the House and at once supersedes business otherwise in order under the rules governing the order of business." It does not lose its privilege just because "a similar proposition has been made at a previous time during the same session of Congress." On the other hand, "a resolution simply proposing an investigation, even though impeachment may be a possible consequence, is not privileged." Where, however, "a resolution of investigation positively proposes impeachment or suggests that end, it has been admitted as of privilege."

The evidence supporting an impeachment resolution or a memorial suggesting an impeachment investigation may be based upon a variety of sources, including "common fame." (Section 304) "Common fame" includes information contained in newspaper and other media reports, as well as rumors commonly circulated in the community. The evidence upon which a resolution or memorial is based need not, therefore, be of the kind admissible and sufficient to prove a case in a court of law.

Once an impeachment resolution has been introduced or "charges suggesting impeachment have been made by memorial," the House may order an investigation at once or refer the charges to a Committee for examination and, if the Committee deems it appropriate for an investigation. (Section 605) The Committee may be "a select committee" or a "standing" one. In some instances the Committee has made its "inquiry ex parte," but "in the later practice the sentiment of committees has been in favor of permitting the accused to explain, present witnesses, cross-examine and be represented by counsel." (Section 606)

The purpose of the Committee investigation is to determine if there is sufficient evidence to charge an impeachable offense. If there is, then each "accusation" is to be "exhibited" as an "Article of Impeachment" and, if approved by the full House, "carried to the bar of the Senate" for trial with the House assuming the role of prosecutor. (Section 609)

the house of reps uses jefferson's manual for procedures along with other procedures to run the house....

the house, according to the constitution, makes its own rules....

FYI
request for impeachment by a state legislature IS Constitutional....

JohnDoe
03-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Two towns do not a state make. ;) Even in such a small state as Vermont! :)

Good afternoon.

Immie
ummmm, try 36....

36 vermont city/towns have passed resolutions to impeach....

and note this from jefferson's manuel....

The evidence supporting an impeachment resolution or a memorial suggesting an impeachment investigation may be based upon a variety of sources, including "common fame." (Section 304) "Common fame" includes information contained in newspaper and other media reports, as well as rumors commonly circulated in the community. The evidence upon which a resolution or memorial is based need not, therefore, be of the kind admissible and sufficient to prove a case in a court of law.

Immanuel
03-06-2008, 12:55 PM
ummmm, try 36....

36 vermont city/towns have passed resolutions to impeach....

and note this from jefferson's manuel....

Well, 36 cities or towns, even 360 or 3600 cities or towns do not make the state. It seems to me that it is the State Legislature that is required to take that step... IMHO.

Last I checked... Jefferson's Manual wasn't in the Constitution either. ;)

Immie

JohnDoe
03-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Well, 36 cities or towns, even 360 or 3600 cities or towns do not make the state. It seems to me that it is the State Legislature that is required to take that step... IMHO.

Last I checked... Jefferson's Manual wasn't in the Constitution either. ;)

Immie

yes it is....the constitution delegated to the house to develop their own rules/procedures....the house delegated and APPROVED by vote, jefferson's manuel to guide their rules of the house.

it IS in the constitution and constitutional, via this....

just as treaties ratified...the power to such was given to the president, and the senate by 2/3's voting in favor...

none of our bill of rights amendments were in the constitution's articles either ya know? but the constitution's articles gave them the power to institute them....is how i look at it!

and yes, 36 towns ain't many....though, not knowing vermont very well, it could have only 60 towns??????/ lol

jd

Hagbard Celine
03-06-2008, 01:13 PM

Only from the Bush Administration. (shrug)

Immanuel
03-06-2008, 01:17 PM
yes it is....the constitution delegated to the house to develop their own rules/procedures....the house delegated and APPROVED by vote, jefferson's manuel to guide their rules of the house.

it IS in the constitution and constitutional, via this....

just as treaties ratified...the power to such was given to the president, and the senate by 2/3's voting in favor...

none of our bill of rights amendments were in the constitution's articles either ya know? but the constitution's articles gave them the power to institute them....is how i look at it!

and yes, 36 towns ain't many....though, not knowing vermont very well, it could have only 60 towns??????/ lol

jd

No, it is not in the Constitution. It is the rules that govern the house, but it is not part of the Consitution. Amendments to the Constitution ARE part of the Constitution as they have undergone the process of becoming part of it. Jefferson's manual has not.

Immie

bullypulpit
03-06-2008, 01:28 PM

Yeah...Chimpy McPresident has had 7 years to apprehend him. Apparently, and by his own admission, Chimpy just doesn't care.

manu1959
03-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah...Chimpy McPresident has had 7 years to apprehend him. Apparently, and by his own admission, Chimpy just doesn't care.

clinton had 8......and hillary had 8......

Little-Acorn
03-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Wanted:George Walker Bush & Richard Bruce "Dick" Cheney

These left-wingnuts are so cute. They seem to be exercising the "If you tell a big enough lie often enough, people will believe it and it will become truth" method of governance. Maybe if they pass some kind of "resolution" saying Bush and Cheney are war criminals, hey Presto! They become war criminals!

I see no problem with this. It keeps silly town council people out of the way and gives them something to play with. And it cost nothing more than their salaries for the time expended - a relative bargain.