PDA

View Full Version : RP, Come and get some

pegwinn
03-05-2008, 08:43 PM
RP, it's time for you to put up or shut up.

Since you are obviously convinced that you and the civilians are superior to the military. It's time for you to step up.

[SLAP] That was the sound of the glove being slapped across your face.
[SLAP, OPTIONAL] That is the sound made if you are foolish enough to turn the other cheek.

Topic: Is the US Military superior or inferior to the population they serve.

I will take the superior position. As in the US Military is superior to the population they serve.

One post, no responses or rebuttals. Send the post to a neutral member via PM and let him post them simultaneously if you wish. Or, we can each post a blog entry. I don't care.

If you don't like them terms, put a counter proposal here.

Just to be on the up and up, any PM's you send me IRT this challenge will be posted here.

So, Mr Engineer/Pilot. Bring it.

Kathianne
03-05-2008, 08:44 PM

Since you are obviously convinced that you and the civilians are superior to the military. It's time for you to step up.

[SLAP, OPTIONAL] That is the sound made if you are foolish enough to turn the other cheek.

I will take the superior position. As in the US Military is superior to the population they serve.

One post, no responses or rebuttals. Send the post to a neutral member via PM and let him post them simultaneously if you wish. Or, we can each post a blog entry. I don't care.

Just to be on the up and up, any PM's you send me IRT this challenge will be posted here.

Tried to rep, but couldn't. Beyond time.

Said1
03-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Who's RP? :o

Mr. P
03-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Who's RP? :o

The newest village IDIOT. He just doesn't know it.

The Reverend
03-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Hmm I don't see that they are either inferior or superior then the rest of us. I do see them as heros and the people that protect us, but what makes them more superior then say a doctor that saves a life, a police officer that stops a criminal, a firefighter that save a family, or the ordinary citizen that risks his life to save others?

Making a blanket statement about one group being superior then another is just not logical. It wasn't logical when men said they were superior to women and whites said they were superior to blacks.

diuretic
03-05-2008, 09:18 PM
[SLAP]
[SLAP, OPTIONAL]
[SLAP, CIVILIAN, FOR THE USE OF]

Yep, sounds like the military way of doing things :laugh2:

diuretic
03-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Is it a private war or can I volunteer? :coffee:

Mr. P
03-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Is it a private war or can I volunteer? :coffee:

I'd say it's best ya don't.

dan
03-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Who's RP? :o.

[SLAP].

rppearso
03-05-2008, 10:56 PM

The point I made was taken out of context as it usually is, my point was not towards the population in general that the military serves it was pointed towards contractors that provide high tech weapons of war that enable the military to dominate on the battle field. My beef is with thoes military members that snub the contractor because they are just dead beat civilians (paraphrase of what pegwin called them, I forget the term he used for civilian contractors). The bottem line is the military could not do jack squat without the technology that the contractor brings you (planes, tanks, body armor, guns, you name it a contractor smarter than you conceptualized it, designed it and built it. Some of this military hardware is a feat of human ingenuity (stealth technology, nuclear weapons, guided missles, etc) all also brought to you by the degenerate bum civilian contractor. Military get pissy when people dont respect the military but its ok to for them to disrespect civilian contractors, I just thought it was time some of these over zealous military members be put in there place, and regardless of what is said in these forums if you ever served in a national labratory or with high tech contractors you were on your best behavior otherwise you got your a$$ reamed, you dont treat GS-13 scientists like E-1 privates not even an O-10 can get away with it unless he has a really good reason nor do you treat a boeing engineer like an E-1 private.

pegwinn
03-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Let me see..... was there an acceptance in there somewhere?

Looked like weaseling out to me.

rppearso
03-05-2008, 11:14 PM

There was no weaseling out, just read my post, if military members that dealt with civilians did there jobs and acted casual and did not creat a dramatic scene (ie people sanping to positions or speaking in loud tones, etc) or make derogitory comments all would be well but that does not always happen.

pegwinn
03-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Sorry dude. The challenge wasn't based on one post, but instead upon your attitude as demonstrated in about 80 or so.

Here is your chance to prove your superiority.

Batter up.

manu1959
03-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Sorry dude. The challenge wasn't based on one post, but instead upon your attitude as demonstrated in about 80 or so.

Here is your chance to prove your superiority.

Batter up.

no to mess with you .....and if i am i will wander off.....i think you know i respect you....so i will pose this question.....

without a civilian society to defend and be superior to.....does a military have purpose.....

diuretic
03-06-2008, 03:54 AM
I'd say it's best ya don't.

I'd say you're right, oh well, off to the :cheers2:

AFbombloader
03-06-2008, 04:14 PM
The point I made was taken out of context as it usually is, my point was not towards the population in general that the military serves it was pointed towards contractors that provide high tech weapons of war that enable the military to dominate on the battle field. My beef is with thoes military members that snub the contractor because they are just dead beat civilians (paraphrase of what pegwin called them, I forget the term he used for civilian contractors). The bottem line is the military could not do jack squat without the technology that the contractor brings you (planes, tanks, body armor, guns, you name it a contractor smarter than you conceptualized it, designed it and built it. Some of this military hardware is a feat of human ingenuity (stealth technology, nuclear weapons, guided missles, etc) all also brought to you by the degenerate bum civilian contractor. Military get pissy when people dont respect the military but its ok to for them to disrespect civilian contractors, I just thought it was time some of these over zealous military members be put in there place, and regardless of what is said in these forums if you ever served in a national labratory or with high tech contractors you were on your best behavior otherwise you got your a$$ reamed, you dont treat GS-13 scientists like E-1 privates not even an O-10 can get away with it unless he has a really good reason nor do you treat a boeing engineer like an E-1 private.

Please put your post into context for us poorly edumakated enlisted military folks!

Not once have I read any of us saying anything about military contractors unless in responce to you. Please give us examples of "military members that snub the contractor because they are just dead beat civilians" and "Military get pissy when people dont respect the military but its ok to for them to disrespect civilian contractors, I just thought it was time some of these over zealous military members be put in there place". When did we (on this post) ever denegrate (look it up) contractors. We didn't. And you are not a contractor.

pegwinn
03-06-2008, 08:23 PM

Come on RP. Don't tell me you are going to be publically punked out by an uneducated military guy. Surely you are only holding back to increase the drama?

rppearso
03-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Come on RP. Don't tell me you are going to be publically punked out by an uneducated military guy. Surely you are only holding back to increase the drama?

Here is the comment,

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=9901&highlight=pouge

And here is the derogatory reference: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pouge

Technically im not a direct military contractor but most equipment the military uses relys on fuel which is my buisness.

Hagbard Celine
03-07-2008, 03:15 PM
So are you guys going to have a cock swordfight or what?

AFbombloader
03-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Here is the comment,

And here is the derogatory reference: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pouge

Technically im not a direct military contractor but most equipment the military uses relys on fuel which is my buisness.

So because the company you work for drills for oil which is turned into fuel and lubricants that we use on our machinery you are an indirect contractor???(almost one of your sentences) Give me a break! That is some of the mose skewwed logic I have ever seen. You sir, are not even remotely associated with the military. Your product may go to the military, but not on a specific contract. Nice try.

AF:salute:

AF

pegwinn
03-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Here is the comment,

Hmm, the comment wasn't about you. Yet you are what, offended? Why? You got a guilty concience.

I have to admit that your source for the term is reasonably accurate. But, when combined with appropriate sarcasm and dripping acid tone of voice, Pouge becomes so much more than a mere internet site can describe.

I could give a fuck about your job and whether you are a contractor or whatnot. I'm still waiting for you to wrap up all your best educated mental gymnastics and put me in my place.

Better go get a beer while I wait...... this could take a while.

rppearso
03-09-2008, 01:31 PM
So because the company you work for drills for oil which is turned into fuel and lubricants that we use on our machinery you are an indirect contractor???(almost one of your sentences) Give me a break! That is some of the mose skewwed logic I have ever seen. You sir, are not even remotely associated with the military. Your product may go to the military, but not on a specific contract. Nice try.

AF

How is that a nice try, you admitted to use of a product that the military is not capable of making and then state its skewed logic. I agree its not a direct contract but you would not be doing squat without it, and your rebuttal does not minimize that fact as with any other civilian that makes things the military rely's on. So im here lets have a fun debate, but others must post debate worthy material otherwise its not a debate.

rppearso
03-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Hmm, the comment wasn't about you. Yet you are what, offended? Why? You got a guilty concience.

I have to admit that your source for the term is reasonably accurate. But, when combined with appropriate sarcasm and dripping acid tone of voice, Pouge becomes so much more than a mere internet site can describe.

I could give a fuck about your job and whether you are a contractor or whatnot. I'm still waiting for you to wrap up all your best educated mental gymnastics and put me in my place.

Better go get a beer while I wait...... this could take a while.

So does it become magical pegwinn, it is what it is. I dont have a guilty consince I know that what you said in that post is the tip of the ice berg of how alot of military people act and what they say, crap like that was said constantly in basic and it got really old really fast, every time we walked to breakfast there were contractors erecting buildings and the drill would yell out I hate damn civilians, who says ignorant crap like that other than dumb a$$ drill sgt. My arguments have already buryed you in the ground, because the point of my arguments is to paint a picture of military life and how f###ed up it is but I did agree with you that by law they are allowed to do most of what they do but that very reason is good enough reason to encourage people not to join up. The really sad thing is, the military pretends to be hard but yet dueling is illegal per UCMJ, so if I wanted to take out my drill sgt I could get in trouble when all I am doing is naturally escalating what he initiated then there is silence. Just like if someone broke into my house to terrorize myself and my familiy they would be met with a PTR-91 and all would soon be quite once again.

nevadamedic
03-09-2008, 02:30 PM
So are you guys going to have a cock swordfight or what?

We all know I would win that one.......... :D

nevadamedic
03-09-2008, 02:32 PM

AF

Damn, AF just knocked RP's dick to the dirt, so much for that swordfight. :laugh2:

pegwinn
03-09-2008, 03:04 PM
.... My arguments have already buryed you in the ground, because the point of my arguments is to paint a picture of military life and how f###ed up it is but I did agree with you that by law they are allowed to do most of what they do but that very reason is good enough reason to encourage people not to join up.

Buried? Son, with respect to your uneducated ass, you haven't posted a single intelligent argument in over 100 posts. You have merely whined, cried, fronted, and been absolutely owned.

.... The really sad thing is, the military pretends to be hard but yet dueling is illegal per UCMJ, so if I wanted to take out my drill sgt I could get in trouble when all I am doing is naturally escalating what he initiated then there is silence.

IF you wanted to take out your Drill Sergeant? Go to a christian board and thank God Almighty that you were not stupid enough to try. You would be dead and buried right now.

.... Just like if someone broke into my house to terrorize myself and my familiy they would be met with a PTR-91 and all would soon be quite once again.

I won't argue your right to self defense. I will give you some free advice. You need more than one weapon stashed about the house. If you come in an surprise the intruder, and he's between you and the PT-91, YOU STILL HAVE OPTIONS. And, never, ever, fire warning shots. They endanger the others in your house or neighborhood.

RP, I honestly tried to be nice and educate you. That failed. I tried humor, and sarcasm. That failed. So I gave you a chance to actually do what you begged for..... a debate. It was structured so that you could make your case without fear of flaming or anything else. You backed out and didn't even have the courage to propose an alternate solution.

I googled your user name and found that you do the same thing on every board. You failed as a Guardsman and continually bash the military as a whole. Your entire reason for being here is to simply stir up shit.

Observe: http://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=357656
http://forums.militaryspot.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6771064/m/7471082461
http://community.armystudyguide.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/6151093521/m/5471039152/p/2
http://www.1800goguard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5820

And so...

You are no longer entertaining. Thus you are now ignored. Hopefully all the vets will do the same. If you eventually post something worthy then someone might pm me and I will check you out. Until then......

ZoGV3oqdJzA

nevadamedic
03-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Buried? Son, with respect to your uneducated ass, you haven't posted a single intelligent argument in over 100 posts. You have merely whined, cried, fronted, and been absolutely owned.

IF you wanted to take out your Drill Sergeant? Go to a christian board and thank God Almighty that you were not stupid enough to try. You would be dead and buried right now.

I won't argue your right to self defense. I will give you some free advice. You need more than one weapon stashed about the house. If you come in an surprise the intruder, and he's between you and the PT-91, YOU STILL HAVE OPTIONS. And, never, ever, fire warning shots. They endanger the others in your house or neighborhood.

RP, I honestly tried to be nice and educate you. That failed. I tried humor, and sarcasm. That failed. So I gave you a chance to actually do what you begged for..... a debate. It was structured so that you could make your case without fear of flaming or anything else. You backed out and didn't even have the courage to propose an alternate solution.

I googled your user name and found that you do the same thing on every board. You failed as a Guardsman and continually bash the military as a whole. Your entire reason for being here is to simply stir up shit.

Observe: http://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=357656
http://forums.militaryspot.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6771064/m/7471082461
http://community.armystudyguide.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/6151093521/m/5471039152/p/2
http://www.1800goguard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5820

And so...

You are no longer entertaining. Thus you are now ignored. Hopefully all the vets will do the same. If you eventually post something worthy then someone might pm me and I will check you out. Until then......

ZoGV3oqdJzA

:lol:

Said1
03-09-2008, 04:02 PM
I worked for two different military contractor, years ago. Both businesses had a good sized mix of military and civilian personel, working well together. I never witnessed any disrespect of ANY kind towards anyone, ever - for whatever reason. Those are only two of the hundreds of thousnds of military contractors so my et als experiences with (RP, how many military contractors have you worked for directly, not indirectly) all. Plus, we Canadians are pretty damn nice. :cool:

rppearso
03-09-2008, 10:15 PM
How is there suppost to be a debate when you post stuff like this:

And everything I posted in thoes threads is absolutly correct, you cant quit in the military so the only ways out before your ETS are what I suggested, you wouldent have to do that if they allowed you to quit, you have to do what you have to do.

rppearso
03-09-2008, 10:20 PM
I worked for two different military contractor, years ago. Both businesses had a good sized mix of military and civilian personel, working well together. I never witnessed any disrespect of ANY kind towards anyone, ever - for whatever reason. Those are only two of the hundreds of thousnds of military contractors so my et als experiences with (RP, how many military contractors have you worked for directly, not indirectly) all. Plus, we Canadians are pretty damn nice. :cool:

I have not worked for any directly but I consider indirectly the same thing, I work with people who are military as well (in civilian clothes) and I also have never had a problem I love my job. I agree canadians are pretty damn nice people, my project manager was canadian and he was always nice and I went to a buisness trip to toronto and they were all nice. Its the few bad apples (ie drill sgt types) that ruin it for everyone else, the military is probably pretty good about weeding thoes people out when it comes to dealing with high level gov scientists and engineers but people like pegwinn are always around to yell out some derogatory remark and they are rarely delt with satisfactoraly, if you want to run around calling GS-13s pouges they ought to bust you down to private and take some pay, and thoes are the drill sgt types.

My wife also worked with a general in the army corp and she was a civilian and she was the one who did all the work set up etc for enviornmental abaitment work and she was dressed up and getting ready to present and he told her to get him some coffee and when she refused he got all pissy so the project manager took over the discussion and it was a big melodramatic scenene because the general was a POS. The problem with the military is if you get stuck working under one of these POS's you dont have to much choise, I never said everyone in the military was like this but there are enough to make the military in general suck.

DragonStryk72
03-09-2008, 10:25 PM
How is there suppost to be a debate when you post stuff like this:

And everything I posted in thoes threads is absolutly correct, you cant quit in the military so the only ways out before your ETS are what I suggested, you wouldent have to do that if they allowed you to quit, you have to do what you have to do.

then :link: to the evidence. Back up your claim

Said1
03-09-2008, 10:52 PM
I have not worked for any directly but I consider indirectly the same thing, I work with people who are military as well (in civilian clothes) and I also have never had a problem I love my job. I agree canadians are pretty damn nice people, my project manager was canadian and he was always nice and I went to a buisness trip to toronto and they were all nice. Its the few bad apples (ie drill sgt types) that ruin it for everyone else, the military is probably pretty good about weeding thoes people out when it comes to dealing with high level gov scientists and engineers but people like pegwinn are always around to yell out some derogatory remark and they are rarely delt with satisfactoraly, if you want to run around calling GS-13s pouges they ought to bust you down to private and take some pay, and thoes are the drill sgt types.

My wife also worked with a general in the army corp and she was a civilian and she was the one who did all the work set up etc for enviornmental abaitment work and she was dressed up and getting ready to present and he told her to get him some coffee and when she refused he got all pissy so the project manager took over the discussion and it was a big melodramatic scenene because the general was a POS. The problem with the military is if you get stuck working under one of these POS's you dont have to much choise, I never said everyone in the military was like this but there are enough to make the military in general suck.

All sectors have their jackasses. In fact, the corporate world is much worse.

nevadamedic
03-09-2008, 11:19 PM
How is that a nice try, you admitted to use of a product that the military is not capable of making and then state its skewed logic. I agree its not a direct contract but you would not be doing squat without it, and your rebuttal does not minimize that fact as with any other civilian that makes things the military rely's on. So im here lets have a fun debate, but others must post debate worthy material otherwise its not a debate.

Just because you pump gas at the local 7-11 doesn't mean your in the Oil Business.:poke:

Gunny
03-13-2008, 06:07 AM

GS-13s are STILL winey-assed, primadonna civilians and I treated them like shit if their behavior warranted it, and I damned-sure didn't get my ass reamed.

And I got news for you ... I don't need a DAMNED thing to wage a war except an enemy.

Gunny
03-13-2008, 06:14 AM
The really sad thing is, the military pretends to be hard but yet dueling is illegal per UCMJ, so if I wanted to take out my drill sgt I could get in trouble when all I am doing is naturally escalating what he initiated then there is silence. Just like if someone broke into my house to terrorize myself and my familiy they would be met with a PTR-91 and all would soon be quite once again.

:lol:

:lmao:

Whatsamatter, Nancyboy .... a drill instructor bend your eyelash and and make your mascara run?

Punkass recruits like you were a dime a dozen. :lame2:

Monkeybone
03-13-2008, 07:48 AM
I have not worked for any directly but I consider indirectly the same thing, um...*ahem*

directly (adverb) - 1)In a direct manner; in a straight line or course.

2)In a straightforward way; without anything intervening; not by secondary, but by direct means
and

indirect (adj) -Not direct; roundabout; deceiving; setting a trap; confusing

wow..you are right..those are exactly the same. i was wrong all of this time! thank you for opening my eyes.

I work with people who are military as well (in civilian clothes) and I also have never had a problem I love my job.i thought you did it indirectly

I agree canadians are pretty damn nice people they do rock, i have some Canadian friends..
the military is probably pretty good about weeding thoes people out when it comes to dealing with high level gov scientists and engineers but people like pegwinn are always around to yell out some derogatory remark and they are rarely delt with satisfactoraly, if you want to run around calling GS-13s pouges they ought to bust you down to private and take some pay, and thoes are the drill sgt types. where did he say that he did it to everyone? he did it to those that were already being shitty because they probably had your mind set Mr. I am so smart and you are a retarded soldier.

I never said everyone in the military was like this but there are enough to make the military in general suck :laugh2: yah...ok. Mr. Couldn't cut it ( wow! you have two 'Mr' titles! you must be special! like...like...an engineer or something!)

Psychoblues
06-16-2008, 02:26 AM
You chickenshits sure like picking on the chickens, don't 'cha? I guess that's why you backed off of pickin' on me!!!!!!!!!! Chickenshits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!