PDA

View Full Version : US Iran Intelligence is "Incorrect"

Psychoblues
02-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Why do these intelligence professionals continue to condemn the official US reports?

Much of the intelligence on Iran's nuclear facilities provided to UN inspectors by US spy agencies has turned out to be unfounded, diplomatic sources in Vienna said today.

The claims, reminiscent of the intelligence fiasco surrounding the Iraq war, coincided with a sharp increase in international tension as the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) reported that Iran was defying a UN security council ultimatum to freeze its nuclear programme. ...

However, most of the tip-offs about supposed secret weapons sites provided by the CIA and other US intelligence agencies have led to dead ends when investigated by IAEA inspectors, according to informed sources in Vienna.

"Most of it has turned out to be incorrect," a diplomat at the IAEA with detailed knowledge of the agency's investigations said.

"They gave us a paper with a list of sites. (The inspectors) did some follow-up, they went to some military sites, but there was no sign of (banned nuclear) activities.

More: http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,,2019235,00.html

I wish I had more answers, don’t you?

stephanie
02-24-2007, 04:14 AM
I'm with physio on this one.....

I believe we should just sit here wait and see...

Shit, Iran has said over and over that they want to wipe Israel off the map.....
No biggie, that's just bluster................

And they've said right to our face, that we will be next..
No biggie, that's just bluster...................

Pfeeesh.....you know that intelligence on Iraq was bad....

We now know that idiot who was President and his Democrats in Congress were so ill informed....

That stupid shit Clinton lobbed some missiles at Saddam Husein.......
What a stupid, ill informed President......

What the hell military did he serve, in order for him to do that?????? Pfeeesfh....

I didn't claim him AS MY PRESIDNET.......Thank gawd.....

I had nothing to feel guilty over that fiasco....
My conscious is clear on that ......
He wasn't My PRESIDENT, and that bombing wasn't with MY APPROVIAL....

Below is those stupid, ill informed Democrats on Iraq and what they said about Saddam.. before the Chimpy Bush became president.........

Now.....Their trying to fool us again...........
Iran is no threat.........

I'm willing to sit here and wait and see....

Shit we did before...........
And we got 9/11.........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them." -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For crying out loud........
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YA ALL????

You know that Iran is being honest, would never lie......

GET A FRIGGEN GRIP.......Iran isn't a threat.......
AND STOP BEING SO DAMN PARANOID....:poke:

We now know from the above statements of the Democrats, that Iraq was no threat...

They now tell us Iran is no threat.........
The Guardian told us so....
I can now sleep better...

CSM
02-24-2007, 06:50 AM

I wish you did too, that's for sure!

CSM
02-24-2007, 06:53 AM
Truthfully, I don't think the US should get involved in ANY conflict EVER again ANYWHERE in the world unloess it is on US soil. Screw the rest of the world...let the UN, Europe, Japan, China and all those othe wannabees handle whatever comes along. They have all the answers anyway.

trobinett
02-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Why do these intelligence professionals continue to condemn the official US reports?

Seems like the right thing to do, I mean hell, everyone else does.

Much of the intelligence on Iran's nuclear facilities provided to UN inspectors by US spy agencies has turned out to be unfounded, diplomatic sources in Vienna said today.

"sources in Vienna", and they would be deserving of our trust MORE than US sources? And your reasoning on that would be?

The claims, reminiscent of the intelligence fiasco surrounding the Iraq war, coincided with a sharp increase in international tension as the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) reported that Iran was defying a UN security council ultimatum to freeze its nuclear programme. ...

Well, give them a year or two to hide the shit, and THEN............

However, most of the tip-offs about supposed secret weapons sites provided by the CIA and other US intelligence agencies have led to dead ends when investigated by IAEA inspectors, according to informed sources in Vienna.

Awww, the "informed sources in Vienna" again.:lame2:

"Most of it has turned out to be incorrect," a diplomat at the IAEA with detailed knowledge of the agency's investigations said.

Most? So some was correct?

"They gave us a paper with a list of sites. (The inspectors) did some follow-up, they went to some military sites, but there was no sign of (banned nuclear) activities.

They only went to "some" sites? I find that odd, don't you?

Sure do.:poke:

Psychoblues
02-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Every day in every way the reputation of American intelligence, American intents to save the world from itself and judge the world based on philosophies from the Liberty University of Jerry Falwell is enhanced by it's incredible and profound meaning and understanding of Bush Democracy.

Seems like the right thing to do, I mean hell, everyone else does.

"sources in Vienna", and they would be deserving of our trust MORE than US sources? And your reasoning on that would be?

Well, give them a year or two to hide the shit, and THEN............

Awww, the "informed sources in Vienna" again.:lame2:

Most? So some was correct?

They only went to "some" sites? I find that odd, don't you?

Sure do.:poke:

Sheesh.:poke: