PDA

View Full Version : OCA is back

jimnyc
03-06-2008, 09:18 PM
We spoke this evening and worked out our differences. I explained what I was looking for on the board and he explained his POV about why he was angry.

What's done is done, but all that matters is that we got a friend back.

Now let's stop the drama, fights and personal crap and either fight about politics up above or just hang and have fun down here!

Yurt
03-06-2008, 09:23 PM
dammit, my ring side seats are worthless now....

hjmick
03-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Welcome back, OCA, ya goofy Greek! Glad to hear things were worked out and you are back.

Sitarro
03-06-2008, 09:27 PM
I miss everything, I figured OCA was at Augusta playing the course and helping tournament officials choose pin placements. Glad your back buddy.

Yurt
03-06-2008, 09:28 PM
i miss wahine

stephanie
I guess I'll just have to use all that popcorn I went out and bought, for the fighting between the Shrill and Obambam...

Hey Oca yer back...:cheers2:

OCA
We spoke this evening and worked out our differences. I explained what I was looking for on the board and he explained his POV about why he was angry.

What's done is done, but all that matters is that we got a friend back.

Now let's stop the drama, fights and personal crap and either fight about politics up above or just hang and have fun down here!

I'm back, angrier than ever and I disbanded the POW camp so prisoners get 1 option and being released it not it.

Seriously though shit happens, when I get pissed, I mean shitting tacks, pissing nails, eating glass pissed i'm liable.....no not liable, I will say the first thing that comes to my mind no matter what that is and who its directed to.Now with that said Jimmy in reality did nothing wrong but that can't be said for a few others.......and other than Jimmy and I came to an agreement tonight rather than me continue my game playing of the last 24 hrs that is all I have to say.

Now where is Raymond?:laugh2:

Dilloduck
Wb Oca !

OCA
03-06-2008, 09:30 PM
dammit, my ring side seats are worthless now....

Hold up my law practicing friend! Maybe down the road those seats will still be good, just different opponents.

Yurt
03-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Hold up my law practicing friend! Maybe down the road those seats will still be good, just different opponents.

uh oh :cheers2:

OCA
03-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I miss everything, I figured OCA was at Augusta playing the course and helping tournament officials choose pin placements. Glad your back buddy.

Augusta! I'd give both my nuts to play that course, not fucking kidding!

You know where I grew up, there was a kid out of the club who is on tour now, name of Scott McCarron, he has 1 masters top 10, he bet me 1 time that he could take me to Augusta with just a putter and a ball, and he would place the ball on each green and he told me I wouldn't break 80, fuck that! I told him i'll take that because ain't no way i'll 4 jack or worse each green.

OCA
03-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Welcome back, OCA, ya goofy Greek! Glad to hear things were worked out and you are back.

Good to see you Mick!

Dilloduck
03-06-2008, 09:37 PM

You know where I grew up, there was a kid out of the club who is on tour now, name of Scott McCarron, he has 1 masters top 10, he bet me 1 time that he could take me to Augusta with just a putter and a ball, and he would place the ball on each green and he told me I wouldn't break 80, fuck that! I told him i'll take that because ain't no way i'll 4 jack or worse each green.

you can't trust a golfer------bet he had a trick ball and a fucked up putter you had to use !! :laugh2:

Yurt
03-06-2008, 09:38 PM

my dads lawyer played there ONCE (2001), he basically said the same thing. the holy grail.

OCA
03-06-2008, 09:42 PM
you can't trust a golfer------bet he had a trick ball and a fucked up putter you had to use !! :laugh2:

No way! It would be MY trusty Ping Anser and a black pro v1 or screw it..bets off!

OCA
03-06-2008, 09:46 PM
my dads lawyer played there ONCE (2001), he basically said the same thing. the holy grail.

The only places i've played that come close are 4 holes at Cypress Point, Pebble, Olympic Club and Pinehurst #2..........but Augusta, they say its like a church.

Jim Nantz tells the story of when he first started at CBS and announcing the Masters, he used to have the towers at the 15th green and 16th tee, well one day he was running late getting out there and didn't have a cart so he settled into a sprint, up comes some old fuck in a green jacket in a cart and says "boy at Augusta we walk, we don't run".

Thats the type of stuff i'm talking about.....reverence.

manu1959
03-06-2008, 10:10 PM
welcome back.....ya evil greek bastada....

Mr. P
03-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Augusta is a beautiful course. No, I've never played it, but I have flowen over it many times. Nice to see ya back, you Greek bastard! Ouzo ? :cheers2:

dan
03-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Geez, I live like 15 minutes from the Augusta course, all it means to me is a shitload of traffic once a year!:laugh2:

Welcome back, OCA.

Sitarro
03-06-2008, 11:15 PM
I have never been one that likes to wear a hat. When I was at the 86 Masters caddying for my brother, we were on the practice tee when a green jacket came up and told my brother that his caddy needed to wear his hat. I was standing right there but he didn't even look at me. It was William ''Hootie'' Johnson who became the chairman in 98. I wore the hat the rest of the time we were there and I wear it while watching the tournament each year.

I wanted to take pictures on that practice tee so badly but couldn't. There was my brother, to his right ..... Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Arnold Palmer!!!!!! On his left were Tom Watson, Payne Stewart, Raymond Floyd and Billy Casper. He played with Casper in the first and second round, missed the cut by 2 strokes.

As far as the greens, they are easily the scariest greens I have ever seen. If you leave it in the wrong place with your approach shot, you can easily putt it off the green. If you were back left on 14, it was almost impossible to keep it on the green with your first putt. I don't know how my brother handled it.

A lot of those greens on tour are like that depending on the pin placement. My brother hit it a few feet over the green at number 12 at Muirfield in the Memorial tournament, his only play was to hit it away from the pin into a bunker in front of the green. If he would have gone at the hole it would have gone into the water unless he some how hit the pin. It is truly hard to believe that they can make grass that fast.

Sitarro
03-06-2008, 11:17 PM

I knew you would understand that post.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Mr. P
03-06-2008, 11:22 PM
I have never been one that likes to wear a hat. When I was at the 86 Masters caddying for my brother, we were on the practice tee when a green jacket came up and told my brother that his caddy needed to wear his hat. I was standing right there but he didn't even look at me. It was William ''Hootie'' Johnson who became the chairman in 98. I wore the hat the rest of the time we were there and I wear it while watching the tournament each year.

I wanted to take pictures on that practice tee so badly but couldn't. There was my brother, to his right ..... Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Arnold Palmer!!!!!! On his left were Tom Watson, Payne Stewart, Raymond Floyd and Billy Casper. He played with Casper in the first and second round, missed the cut by 2 strokes.

As far as the greens, they are easily the scariest greens I have ever seen. If you leave it in the wrong place with your approach shot, you can easily putt it off the green. If you were back left on 14, it was almost impossible to keep it on the green with your first putt. I don't know how my brother handled it.

A lot of those greens on tour are like that depending on the pin placement. My brother hit it a few feet over the green at number 12 at Muirfield in the Memorial tournament, his only play was to hit it away from the pin into a bunker in front of the green. If he would have gone at the hole it would have gone into the water unless he some how hit the pin. It is truly hard to believe that they can make grass that fast.

Wow! what a great time that must have been!

Abbey Marie
03-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Welcome back, OCA!

Sincerely,

golden :)

gabosaurus
03-06-2008, 11:45 PM
This better not be the kinder, gentler OCA that is returning. I want the old ass-kicking OCA.

Yurt
03-07-2008, 12:41 AM
This better not be the kinder, gentler OCA that is returning. I want the old ass-kicking OCA.

wahine!!

manu1959
03-07-2008, 12:45 AM
wahine!!

jim should have made him use that and an appropriate avatar....:laugh2:

Pale Rider
03-07-2008, 04:22 AM
I'm back, angrier than ever and I disbanded the POW camp so prisoners get 1 option and being released it not it.

Seriously though shit happens, when I get pissed, I mean shitting tacks, pissing nails, eating glass pissed i'm liable.....no not liable, I will say the first thing that comes to my mind no matter what that is and who its directed to.Now with that said Jimmy in reality did nothing wrong but that can't be said for a few others.......and other than Jimmy and I came to an agreement tonight rather than me continue my game playing of the last 24 hrs that is all I have to say.

Now where is Raymond?:laugh2:

Well what the fuck ya crusty old heffer turd... :laugh2:

Welcome back brother!

Sitarro
03-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Wow! what a great time that must have been!

It didn't suck....:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

My girlfriend, at the time, demanded that I wouldn't go because she couldn't get off work to come with us. Yea, sure, I'm not going to go caddy at The Masters because she can't go....... true love, right? She was still pissed when I got home. I tried to get her to come watch the final nine holes........ one of the greatest finishes in golf. That was the year Nicklaus, with his son caddying, played easily the most exciting final round ever to win at 43 years old.

OCA
03-07-2008, 06:06 AM

LMFAO! There is no such animal that exists as a kinder, gentler OCA.:laugh2:

OCA
03-07-2008, 06:09 AM
It didn't suck....:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

My girlfriend, at the time, demanded that I wouldn't go because she couldn't get off work to come with us. Yea, sure, I'm not going to go caddy at The Masters because she can't go....... true love, right? She was still pissed when I got home. I tried to get her to come watch the final nine holes........ one of the greatest finishes in golf. That was the year Nicklaus, with his son caddying, played easily the most exciting final round ever to win at 43 years old.

You see my wife would never say it, hell I get teary eyed when they play that music opening up the telecast all 4 days, she knows that i'm going to my calm place and to leave me alone.

Thats right, I said teary eyed.

Joan
03-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Welcome back OCA! Just don't go back to that ugly gyro for an avatar!!

remie
03-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Good to see you back OCA. Glad you and Jimmy worked things out. Its been entirely too quiet since you went on leave.

Sitarro
03-07-2008, 12:22 PM
You see my wife would never say it, hell I get teary eyed when they play that music opening up the telecast all 4 days, she knows that i'm going to my calm place and to leave me alone.

Thats right, I said teary eyed.

I feel exactly the same way, especially on Sunday afternoon. What so many don't realize is the excitement that is created from the tight layout on the back nine that has holes next to each other and knowledgeable crowds going nuts. The cheers swirl around "Amen Corner" with the wind and if a couple of guys are dueling it out it really raises the tension. I want at least a quarter of my ashes placed on the thirteenth, in the top five prettiest approach shots in the game.

gabosaurus
03-07-2008, 03:01 PM
My favorite quote about golf (don't know who said it):

"A game of golf is a good walk spoiled"

hjmick
03-07-2008, 03:07 PM

Mark Twain. The actual quote is simply, "Golf is a good walk spoiled."

remie
03-07-2008, 03:17 PM

But..the reason I love golf and trout fishing is that they dont put golf courses and trout streams in ugly places.

OCA
03-07-2008, 03:34 PM
But..the reason I love golf and trout fishing is that they dont put golf courses and trout streams in ugly places.

Damn! Ain't that the truth! Sometimes they are the exact same spot!

manu1959
03-07-2008, 03:37 PM

they called it golf because all the other four letter words were taken............

Mr. P
03-07-2008, 03:50 PM

:clap: Indeed! And they both require something a mere walk doesn't, a true test of ones mettle.