PDA

View Full Version : Downtime due to exploited script

jimnyc
03-07-2008, 09:52 AM
The site was shut down for several hours this morning as a precaution. There were exploited scripts uploaded to a directory and the shutdown was done to give time to remove the malicious scripts and patch the exploited programs.

This was actually an issue with the image hosting I had setup to a sub-domain of this site. Rather than go crazy over a site/script that is rarely, if ever, used, I have deleted the entire program. My apologies to anyone that was in fact using image.debatepolicy.com & my apologies for the downtime this morning.

PostmodernProphet
03-07-2008, 09:56 AM
well, good news bad news.....the bad news was the exploitation, the good news was that the "You are forbidden" didn't mean I had been permanently banned for some reason........

jimnyc
03-07-2008, 09:59 AM
well, good news bad news.....the bad news was the exploitation, the good news was that the "You are forbidden" didn't mean I had been permanently banned for some reason........

The only way I was able to do things was to disable "WWW" access while leaving FTP & CPanel access open so that I could delete/manage the files and keep the site secure while I was updating.

More updating of files will likely occur in the near future but I will forewarn everyone if it will require any downtime.

Kathianne
03-07-2008, 09:59 AM

You and me both. I was trying to think of something I said I shouldn't have. :laugh2:

Immanuel
03-07-2008, 10:46 AM

You know something? I thought that because I has said you were full of snot, that I had been banned. :D

Immie

Classact
03-07-2008, 11:42 AM
well, good news bad news.....the bad news was the exploitation, the good news was that the "You are forbidden" didn't mean I had been permanently banned for some reason........I thought I got banned for giving you a rep this morning... I thought maybe it was against the rules or something...

PostmodernProphet
03-07-2008, 01:46 PM
I thought I got banned for giving you a rep this morning... I thought maybe it was against the rules or something...

LOL....only if Pale writes the rules......

PostmodernProphet
03-07-2008, 01:46 PM
You know something? I thought that because I has said you were full of snot, that I had been banned. :D

Immie

considering the head cold I woke up with, you were very close to the truth.....

diuretic
03-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Damnit, now I have to apologise to my computer for hitting it .....:o

Pale Rider
03-11-2008, 06:36 PM
LOL....only if Pale writes the rules......

I'm so flattered you always think of me...

Immanuel
03-12-2008, 03:50 PM
considering the head cold I woke up with, you were very close to the truth.....

Wait!

That I was close to being banned or that you were full of snot?

Immie

PostmodernProphet
03-12-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm so flattered you always think of me...

and I'm flattered you decided to share your girlfriend's picture with us.....

Guernicaa
03-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Uh thanny, can I ask why the you have that creapy ass avatar?