PDA

View Full Version : Be careful who you mess with part II

Yurt
02-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Tourist kills mugger with bare hands

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - An American tourist who watched as a U.S. military veteran in his 70s used his bare hands to kill an armed assailant in Costa Rica said she thought the attempted robbery was a joke — until the masked attacker held a gun to her head.

Suddenly, one of the tourists, a U.S. military veteran trained in self defense, jumped out of the van and put the gunman in a headlock, according to Limon police chief Luis Hernandez.

Hernandez said the American, whom he refused to identify, struggled with the robber, breaking his collarbone and eventually killing him. Police identified the dead man as Warner Segura, 20. The other two assailants fled.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070223/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/costa_rica_tourist_mugging

:salute:

Roomy
02-24-2007, 01:46 AM
Tourist kills mugger with bare hands

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica - An American tourist who watched as a U.S. military veteran in his 70s used his bare hands to kill an armed assailant in Costa Rica said she thought the attempted robbery was a joke — until the masked attacker held a gun to her head.

Suddenly, one of the tourists, a U.S. military veteran trained in self defense, jumped out of the van and put the gunman in a headlock, according to Limon police chief Luis Hernandez.

Hernandez said the American, whom he refused to identify, struggled with the robber, breaking his collarbone and eventually killing him. Police identified the dead man as Warner Segura, 20. The other two assailants fled.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070223/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/costa_rica_tourist_mugging

:salute:

I like stories like that, reminds me that there are decent people left in the world.The man deserves a medal.:clap:

Hobbit
02-24-2007, 02:54 AM
Too slow. :P

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=1237

Gunny
02-24-2007, 10:06 AM
I like stories like that, reminds me that there are decent people left in the world.The man deserves a medal.:clap:

Isn't making coherent, non-trolling statements going to ruin your rep?:poke:

Roomy
02-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Isn't making coherent, non-trolling statements going to ruin your rep?:poke:

Those that know me know what I am like.

Gunny
02-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Those that know me know what I am like.

It's hard to remember the "other" you when the trolling you is far more prevalent. You do know they have medication for that split-personality stuff, dontcha?:laugh2:

Roomy
02-24-2007, 10:40 AM
It's hard to remember the "other" you when the trolling you is far more prevalent. You do know they have medication for that split-personality stuff, dontcha?:laugh2:

Whoa there horsie, I think trolling is a little too strong of an accusation, I often play with people but it's usually in fun and hopefully I still make my point, I make it pretty clear when I am serious about something, but then if I disagree with you about anything at all I suppose I am trolling(as far as you are concerned).

We aren't going to fix the world here Gunny, diversity is what makes messageboards fun, unless you would like to live in Stepford.:slap:

Gunny
02-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Whoa there horsie, I think trolling is a little too strong of an accusation, I often play with people but it's usually in fun and hopefully I still make my point, I make it pretty clear when I am serious about something, but then if I disagree with you about anything at all I suppose I am trolling(as far as you are concerned).

We aren't going to fix the world here Gunny, diversity is what makes messageboards fun, unless you would like to live in Stepford.:slap:

There was nothing personal about my observation, and I consider trolling what it is. My comment to you was trolling. It had nothing to do with the topic, even though it was in response to a comment by you.

You do a LOT of off-topic drive-by's.:poke:

Roomy
02-24-2007, 11:25 AM
There was nothing personal about my observation, and I consider trolling what it is. My comment to you was trolling. It had nothing to do with the topic, even though it was in response to a comment by you.

You do a LOT of off-topic drive-by's.:poke:

Scotland have just scored a try..........what were you saying again?:slap: