PDA

View Full Version : Should the US/Israel strike Iran before its too late?

FSUK
03-08-2008, 05:42 AM
I think its inevitable that Iran will be hit by Israel, what do you guys think. Are the iranians a credible threat?

diuretic
03-08-2008, 05:59 AM
Israel is a smart operator in its region. It has struck before but done so in a way that was without any big fuss and just letting the target government know that it meant business. No need for a conflagration, Israel did what it had to do. I can admire that. No sabre-rattling bullshit just in and out and boom, take that.

I don't think it's inevitable that Israel will hit Iran. Israeli foreign policy has been remarkably constant across all the various ideologies that have taken government in the Knesset. Of course a peace-at-all costs party would never take sufficient seats in the Knesset at this time, nor should it. But I don't think any of the major parties which might form government in Israel (Kadima, Likud, Labour - some having to go into coalition with religious parties such as Shas perhaps) would attack Iran unless they believed they had no other choice. And as we know, the Israeli intelligence services are damn good.

manu1959
03-08-2008, 12:28 PM
not the us..... if israel feels the need to as they just did with syria then go for it ..... israel can take care of itself ...... they have survived in a hostile region for 60 years ....

now if iran decides to nuke em ..... "heaven" will need a lot more virgins ...

gabosaurus
03-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Israel has nukes. Iran does not have nukes.
Which one is the bigger threat?

nevadamedic
03-08-2008, 05:33 PM
I think its inevitable that Iran will be hit by Israel, what do you guys think. Are the iranians a credible threat?

Hell yes we should hit them. We have one bomb that will take care of the whole problem.

nevadamedic
03-08-2008, 05:34 PM

Don't kid yourself, I am sure Iran has a nuke or two.

FSUK
03-08-2008, 07:01 PM
It is true that Israel has a nuclear arsenal, but obviously nobody dare mention that or even send inspectors there.

Iran, the muslim state- SUSPECTED' of developing a nuclear bombs- is being bullied by the usual people. Even though, the NIE report said that the iranians had halted development.

Gaffer
03-08-2008, 07:02 PM

Israel has had nukes for 30 years. What have they done with them? Not once have they ever threatened to wipe another country off the map. Can you say the same for iran?

FSUK
03-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Israel has had nukes for 30 years. What have they done with them? Not once have they ever threatened to wipe another country off the map. Can you say the same for iran?

Ahmadinejad never used the word "map," instead his statement was in the context of time and applied to the Zionist regime occupying Jerusalem. He was expressing his future hope that the Zionist regime in Israel would fall, not that Iran was going to physically wipe the country and its population.

If Israel has nukes, then why cant others have them?

Gaffer
03-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Ahmadinejad never used the word "map," instead his statement was in the context of time and applied to the Zionist regime occupying Jerusalem. He was expressing his future hope that the Zionist regime in Israel would fall, not that Iran was going to physically wipe the country and its population.

ahmalittlehitler said he would wipe Israel off the map. He was very specific about it. He and his mullah handlers intend to start an apocalyptic war to bring back the hidden imam. He plans to achieve this even if most of iran is destroyed in the process. He was very specific about this too. They are working on building ICBM's as they work on getting the nuclear bomb. Under the guise of putting up satellites. Those rockets would be aimed at the US. The nukes would be used to force the surrounding countries to do iran's bidding.

As for zionists. The term was used to describe someone that was looking to reestablish the nation of Israel. That was accomplished 60 years ago. Therefore calling someone a zionist is incorrect. And to say there is a zionist regime in Israel just shows ignorance. And iran is overflowing with ignorance.

FSUK
03-08-2008, 08:26 PM
ahmalittlehitler said he would wipe Israel off the map. He was very specific about it. He and his mullah handlers intend to start an apocalyptic war to bring back the hidden imam. He plans to achieve this even if most of iran is destroyed in the process. He was very specific about this too. They are working on building ICBM's as they work on getting the nuclear bomb. Under the guise of putting up satellites. Those rockets would be aimed at the US. The nukes would be used to force the surrounding countries to do iran's bidding.

As for zionists. The term was used to describe someone that was looking to reestablish the nation of Israel. That was accomplished 60 years ago. Therefore calling someone a zionist is incorrect. And to say there is a zionist regime in Israel just shows ignorance. And iran is overflowing with ignorance.

You sound like Mr Netanyahu. Such ridiculous assertions and accusations. Show me the evidence that Mr ahmedj.. said that regarding ''wiping' israel of the map??. Im sure you picked that up from the right wing media whom obviously had their translators play around with words.

Iran has no nuclear weapons, and they will never target anyone. Israel and its supporters just want an excuse to initiate aggression yet again. Why are you pro-israelis so paranoid. And please dont respond by saying that israel is surrounded by enemies.

If the israelies actually demonstrated some repect towards others, then im sure the region would be a more cordial place.

AFbombloader
03-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Hell yes we should hit them. We have one bomb that will take care of the whole problem.

We have plenty of bombs to do the job. And we don't even need to go nucular.

BLU-122/B, A/B Penetrator Warhead
The BLU-122 warhead is a 5000 lb class weapon designed to defeat hard and deeply buried targets. It significantly improves upon the performance of the BLU-113 warhead by incorporating the latest technological advances in warhead designs and explosives. The new warhead also incorporates design improvements to improve its insensitive munition performance. The latest GBU-28 variant delivers the warhead using a Laser / INS / GPS guidance system. It will be employed on both the B-2A and F-15E aircraft.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/blu-122.htm

Kathianne
03-08-2008, 09:02 PM
You sound like Mr Netanyahu. Such ridiculous assertions and accusations. Show me the evidence that Mr ahmedj.. said that regarding ''wiping' israel of the map??. Im sure you picked that up from the right wing media whom obviously had their translators play around with words.

Iran has no nuclear weapons, and they will never target anyone. Israel and its supporters just want an excuse to initiate aggression yet again. Why are you pro-israelis so paranoid. And please dont respond by saying that israel is surrounded by enemies.

If the israelies actually demonstrated some repect towards others, then im sure the region would be a more cordial place.
You say, "Israel isn't guilt free, they've done wrongs too." Yet, you make asinine statements like "Iran will not target anyone." That is so much BS, even negated by Iran. :rolleyes:

5stringJeff
03-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Exactly what threat does Iran pose to the US that would necessiate us to strike preemptively?

AFbombloader
03-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Exactly what threat does Iran pose to the US that would necessiate us to strike preemptively?

Personally, I don't think we should strike until we have credible evidence there is a threat. The leadership in Iran has repeatedly said we, along with Israel, are enemies. That is the start to being a threat. If they continue to develop WMD's, that is another step in becomming a threat. We should be prepared to take action against them, as well as any other credible threat.

Kathianne
03-08-2008, 09:11 PM

Oh I agree with you there, no reason to do so. Keep the pressure on within the UN, Israel will monitor on the ground.

Gaffer
03-08-2008, 10:31 PM

They pose a very real threat. They are developing ICBM's, as I said before, under the guise of launching satellites. These same missiles can be armed with nuclear war heads. They plan to launch a test satellite this year.

They are using the guise of building nuclear power plants to hide that they are building nuclear warheads. That combined with their desire to start a war that brings back the 12th imam give us a lot of cause for concern, and a strong cause for a first strike. Any strike we or the Israelis make will be with conventional weapons.

Gaffer
03-08-2008, 10:42 PM

You sound like an arab apologist that hates jews. No matter where I get my information its going to be right wing to you. As for Israeli aggression. What purpose would it serve for them to fly 2000 miles and bomb a a site? If they don't have nukes what would the US or Israel bomb, and why?

I think your an arab playing games here. Your obviously a jew hater. Probably a hamas contributor as well.

:pee: islam :pee: allah

Netanyahu is a cool dude. They need to put him back in the PM.

FSUK
03-08-2008, 10:52 PM
You sound like an arab apologist that hates jews. No matter where I get my information its going to be right wing to you. As for Israeli aggression. What purpose would it serve for them to fly 2000 miles and bomb a a site? If they don't have nukes what would the US or Israel bomb, and why?

I think your an arab playing games here. Your obviously a jew hater. Probably a hamas contributor as well.

:pee: islam :pee: allah

Netanyahu is a cool dude. They need to put him back in the PM.

I am not an arab nor muslim. You clearly are an islam hater, if some1 did the 'pee'' icon directed towards the jewish faith- i dont think you would be too pleased. So, stop being such a kid. You have showed yourself to be a muslim hater, and you talk about israel being a rosy garden of peace .

Kathianne
03-08-2008, 11:51 PM
I am not an arab nor muslim. You clearly are an islam hater, if some1 did the 'pee'' icon directed towards the jewish faith- i dont think you would be too pleased. So, stop being such a kid. You have showed yourself to be a muslim hater, and you talk about israel being a rosy garden of peace .

I haven't found a reason to think Islam is peaceful or good for the greater society. I wouldn't say I hate it, but certainly don't agree or think it's good for mankind.

FSUK
03-08-2008, 11:58 PM
I haven't found a reason to think Islam is peaceful or good for the greater society. I wouldn't say I hate it, but certainly don't agree or think it's good for mankind.

Well, the actions of israel may make people apply the same way of thinking to judaism. Has israel contributed to the security of mankind? It has made the middle east a security nightmare.

Kathianne
03-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Well, the actions of israel may make people apply the same way of thinking to judaism. Has israel contributed to the security of mankind? It has made the middle east a security nightmare.

Yes, Judaism has improved mankind, if you don't recognize that, it speaks volumes.

nevadamedic
03-09-2008, 12:01 AM

Because the others are so unstable that they would wipe their own country and every other country out with them.

nevadamedic
03-09-2008, 12:05 AM
We have plenty of bombs to do the job. And we don't even need to go nucular.

BLU-122/B, A/B Penetrator Warhead
The BLU-122 warhead is a 5000 lb class weapon designed to defeat hard and deeply buried targets. It significantly improves upon the performance of the BLU-113 warhead by incorporating the latest technological advances in warhead designs and explosives. The new warhead also incorporates design improvements to improve its insensitive munition performance. The latest GBU-28 variant delivers the warhead using a Laser / INS / GPS guidance system. It will be employed on both the B-2A and F-15E aircraft.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/blu-122.htm

Yea but with a Nuclear one it is more fun and we would only need one bomb to do that job.

nevadamedic
03-09-2008, 12:08 AM

The Jewish religion isn't a religion of jhate, murder and torture like the Islam religion is. :pee: Islam :pee: Muslims

AFbombloader
03-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Yea but with a Nuclear one it is more fun and we would only need one bomb to do that job.

Yeah, but specials are such a pain in the ass to load...much more fun putting penetrators on an aircraft and going conventional.

Plus, I like saying "penetrator"!!!!:laugh2:

AF:salute:

5stringJeff
03-09-2008, 10:56 AM
They pose a very real threat. They are developing ICBM's, as I said before, under the guise of launching satellites. These same missiles can be armed with nuclear war heads. They plan to launch a test satellite this year.

They are using the guise of building nuclear power plants to hide that they are building nuclear warheads. That combined with their desire to start a war that brings back the 12th imam give us a lot of cause for concern, and a strong cause for a first strike. Any strike we or the Israelis make will be with conventional weapons.

Russia, China, and North Korea also have ICBMs. They are also threats to the US. Should we go to war against them as well?

The answer, of course, is no. We have deterred these threats for decades without going to war, and until Iran poses an actual threat to the US, instead of a general 'we're armed, and we don't like you' type of threat, I don't think we should be considering war with Iran.

gabosaurus
03-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Then again, just to play devil's advocate, how about this:

We take a nuclear weapon and destroy Israel. The radical Muslims will have no one to hate, and thus there will be peace and love throughout the region.

5stringJeff
03-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Then again, just to play devil's advocate, how about this:

We take a nuclear weapon and destroy Israel. The radical Muslims will have no one to hate, and thus there will be peace and love throughout the region.

Except that:

1. Israel is a democracy and an ally.
2. The radical Muslims, by definition, hate everyone that doesn't submit to their version of Islam, so they'll just find another enemy.

gabosaurus
03-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Except that:

1. Israel is a democracy and an ally.
2. The radical Muslims, by definition, hate everyone that doesn't submit to their version of Islam, so they'll just find another enemy.

1. Saudi Arabia is also our "ally."
2. The radical Muslims are a small portion of the population.
3. One basic belief of the radical Muslims is "the extinction of the Jews will lead to the peace of a thousand lifetimes"

bullypulpit
03-10-2008, 04:46 AM
Israel is a smart operator in its region. It has struck before but done so in a way that was without any big fuss and just letting the target government know that it meant business. No need for a conflagration, Israel did what it had to do. I can admire that. No sabre-rattling bullshit just in and out and boom, take that.

I don't think it's inevitable that Israel will hit Iran. Israeli foreign policy has been remarkably constant across all the various ideologies that have taken government in the Knesset. Of course a peace-at-all costs party would never take sufficient seats in the Knesset at this time, nor should it. But I don't think any of the major parties which might form government in Israel (Kadima, Likud, Labour - some having to go into coalition with religious parties such as Shas perhaps) would attack Iran unless they believed they had no other choice. And as we know, the Israeli intelligence services are damn good.

I agree. Israeli politicians seem to be smarter than the one we currently have heading up our government at the moment. The Israeli's understand that any action against Iran at this time would yield bitter fruits that would make the Six Day War look like a Sunday picnic by comparison.

Of course, Bush my be locked into some sick, end-time-prophecy kick where he sees himself as the Second Coming of Christ. Of course Pope John Paul was more worried about him being <a href=http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0MKY/is_9_27/ai_108881880>the Anti-Christ</a>.

gabosaurus
03-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Of course, Bush my be locked into some sick, end-time-prophecy kick where he sees himself as the Second Coming of Christ. Of course Pope John Paul was more worried about him being <ahref=http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0MKY/is_9_27/ai_108881880>the Anti-Christ</a>.

Smart guy, Pope JP. Had it all figured it. Too bad no one listened to him.

Mr. P
03-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Should the US/Israel strike Iran before its too late?

I think it's time other Counties step-up. The US should sit this one out. It's time to spread the hate around. Taking Iran out before it's too late will benefit the world. Just a heads-up, it's a thankless job, but one that shouldn't be all on us.

Have fun.

gabosaurus
03-11-2008, 12:31 AM
It's time to spread the hate around. Taking Iran out before it's too late will benefit the world.

Can we take Israel out at the same time? We can kill two birds with one stone.

Mr. P
03-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Can we take Israel out at the same time? We can kill two birds with one stone.

And Israel has vowed to wipe which Nation from the face of the earth?

Monkeybone
03-11-2008, 08:01 AM
And Israel has vowed to wipe which Nation from the face of the earth?

you reference is wrong Mr. P, remember, they translated that quote wrong.

Mr. P
03-11-2008, 10:18 AM
you reference is wrong Mr. P, remember, they translated that quote wrong.

I did forget that...why?
what he actually said was "this regime that is occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time."

Pretty much the same thing to me even though they claim that in context he meant "will pass". There are more misquotes at the link with what he actually said..taking them into account I think it's clear what the final goal is, which does amount to wiping them off the map.
http://www.safecom.org.au/iran-israel.htm