PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Thoughts

The Reverend
03-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Words of Wisdom
Even if you are on the right track, you'll still get run over if you just sit there.

Will Rogers

Question to Ponder
When you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?

Fun Fact
The first Harley Davidson motorcycle was built in 1903, and used a tomato can for a carburetor.

Pale Rider
03-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Words of Wisdom
Even if you are on the right track, you'll still get run over if you just sit there.

Will Rogers

Question to Ponder
When you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?

Fun Fact
The first Harley Davidson motorcycle was built in 1903, and used a tomato can for a carburetor.

Actually, the first engine built in 1901 by William Harley and Arthur Davidson didn't even work. However they did learn that more displacement and a flywheel would be needed. In 1902, with considerable help from friends and the rest of the Davidson family, the first production engine was built. Help on the carburetor design came from Ole Evinrude, soon to be a pioneer in outboard motors. The "tomato can" was used to help build a venturi, and was only one of many parts of the carburator.

Something you didn't know Rev... I'm a retired Harley Davidson Technician. :cool:

The Reverend
03-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Actually, the first engine built in 1901 by William Harley and Arthur Davidson didn't even work. However they did learn that more displacement and a flywheel would be needed. In 1902, with considerable help from friends and the rest of the Davidson family, the first production engine was built. Help on the carburetor design came from Ole Evinrude, soon to be a pioneer in outboard motors. The "tomato can" was used to help build a venturi, and was only one of many parts of the carburator.

Something you didn't know Rev... I'm a retired Harley Davidson Technician. :cool:
Cool I get these daily things emailed to be and post them for fun.

Pale Rider
03-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Cool I get these daily things emailed to be and post them for fun.

I thoroughly enjoy trivia myself. Jeopardy is one of my favorite programs on TV.

The Reverend
03-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Jeopardy is cool.

Pale Rider
03-09-2008, 04:01 AM
Jeopardy is cool.

Speaking of cool, why are you cool in this thread and a complete slope headed gas bag in every other? You bipolar, or just a jack off?

The Reverend
03-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Speaking of cool, why are you cool in this thread and a complete slope headed gas bag in every other? You bipolar, or just a jack off?

I respond to people the same way they talk to me.

You think that I should fall lockstep beside you in saying that McCain is a liberal and when I disagree and post proof the he is not you get all pissy and start attacking.

Thats why. I was wondering why you are nice here and a complete asshole there.

nevadamedic
03-09-2008, 02:48 PM

You think that I should fall lockstep beside you in saying that McCain is a liberal and when I disagree and post proof the he is not you get all pissy and start attacking.

Be careful...........

The Reverend
03-09-2008, 02:52 PM
PR doesn't scare me. I have dealt with people a lot smarted and better then him.

One thing though if he threatens me that will not be tolerated. Just ask the last person that did that.
he ended up with the feds and police knocking at his door.

I do not play with threats.

Pale Rider
03-09-2008, 03:08 PM

No you don't. You came here with a chip on your shoulders, and it's still there. Notice how not that many of the boards people have responded to you? Well, they see it.

PR doesn't scare me. I have dealt with people a lot smarted and better then him.

One thing though if he threatens me that will not be tolerated. Just ask the last person that did that.
he ended up with the feds and police knocking at his door.

Course I don't scare you. That's because you're hiding behind your keyboard talking your sass like little sissie punks do.

Now if you have anything else smart assed to say, take it to the cage where it belongs. I'm done with you in regular threads. You'll have to find another person irritate.

gabosaurus
03-09-2008, 03:36 PM
I rarely agree with Pale, but I respect him to the utmost degree.
You have to EARN respect.

gabosaurus
03-09-2008, 03:40 PM
One thing though if he threatens me that will not be tolerated. Just ask the last person that did that. he ended up with the feds and police knocking at his door.

I also don't "play" with threats. I don't bother with the feds or police either. I merely pick up the phone and call my brother in law.
You can't call the authorities if you are unable to get to the phone. :laugh2:

The Reverend
03-09-2008, 04:46 PM
I rarely agree with Pale, but I respect him to the utmost degree.
You have to EARN respect.
If by earning respect I have to take PR's stupid insults then no thanks

The Reverend
03-09-2008, 04:48 PM
No you don't. You came here with a chip on your shoulders, and it's still there. Notice how not that many of the boards people have responded to you? Well, they see it.

Lots of people have responded to me, what you can't read? I have no chip on my shoulder. You need to go back and reread the threads without that stick up your ass.