PDA

View Full Version : World's Biggest Street Party

gabosaurus
03-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Now ongoing in Dillo's home of Austin, Texas. It's the South By Southwest Film and Music Festival.
Imagine pretty everybody who is anybody in the music industry, along with about 12,000 musicians, gathered in one place. My dad and my sister go every year. On business, of course, Wink, wink.
I am sure it is more fun than possibly imaginable.

dan
03-08-2008, 06:22 PM
We talked about this already, but yeah, I'd love to go to SXSW, especially now that I found out that The Raveonettes are playing (although they're playing a show hosted by Rachael Ray. Weird!).

Pale Rider
03-08-2008, 08:17 PM
No way for me... I HATE crowds. I even have a hard time going to biker events... thank God there's Harleys and beer there, or I wouldn't.

gabosaurus
03-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Pale, have you ever gone to that huge biker rally in Sturgis? I heard it was quite something.
My best friend Beth says that there is a huge biker rally in Austin every year. The highlight is an afternoon ride up Congress Avenue, the main street leading up to the capitol building. They have anywhere from 10-20,000 bikes making that ride.
The event is actually welcomed and promoted by the city, which enjoys the business. The bikers usually make a rather large donation to a charity as well.