PDA

View Full Version : Israel, what you need to know.

The Reverend
03-08-2008, 06:25 PM
BIG LIES:

Demolishing The Myths of the Propaganda War Against Israel

by DAVID MEIR-LEVI

http://www.frontpagemag.com/media/pdf/BigLies.pdf

THE IMPORTANCE OF THIS TEXT by David Horowitz

The War in the Middle East is nearly sixty years old. Most people alive today are unfamiliar with its history and origins and lack knowledge of its facts. This state of ignorance provides a fertile ground for the unscrupulous to create myths that will justify their destructive agendas. The political propaganda machine has created many such myths to fuel their war against the Jewish state.

Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East that elects its leaders in free elections and guarantees rights to its citizens, and honors those rights. Yet Israel is the target of those who claim to be fighting for “human rights.” There are about a million and a half Arabs living as citizens in Israel who elect representatives to Israel’s parliament and who have more rights than the Arab citizens of any Arab state. Yet Israel is the target of those who claim to be fighting for “social justice.” Israel’s very creation is referred to by its Arab enemies as "the Nakba", or the “catastrophe,” the clear implication of which is that Israel should not exist. Yet Israel is the target of those who claim to support self-determination and oppose genocide. Israel was the victim – at its very birth -- of an unprovoked aggression by five Arab monarchies and dictatorships. It has been the target of an Arab war that has continued uninterruptedly for nearly sixty years because the Arab states have refused to make peace. Yet Israel is the target of those who say they want “peace.” Israel is the victim of terrorist attacks – suicide bombings – which along with the Jews they mark for extinction, kill Palestinian women and children as well. Yet Israel is the target of those who claim to speak for humanity and a future that is “free.”

How is this possible? How can evil be dressed in the garments of justice? How can a genocidal war to destroy a democratic people be justified as a struggle for “national liberation?”

They can through the creation of political myths that rationalize aggression and justify war against civilian populations.

In George Orwell’s futuristic novel, 1984, the Ministry of Truth for the totalitarian state proclaims: Knowledge Is Ignorance; Freedom Is Slavery. The nature of political doublespeak never changes and its agenda is always the same: Obliteration of historical memory in the service of power. “The struggle of man against power,” wrote the Czech writer, Milan Kundera, “is the struggle of memory against forgetting.” Only a restored memory can demolish totalitarian myths and make men free.

David Meir-Levi has written a text that restores the memory of the facts that lie at the heart of the conflict in the Middle East. These facts are crucial not only to the restoration of the history that politics has obscured, but to the survival of a people who live in the shadow of their own destruction. Everyone interested in justice will want to read this little book.

(Edit: read the rest at the link.)

The Reverend
03-08-2008, 06:26 PM
David Horowitz

Why Israel Is The Victim And The Arabs Are The Indefensible Aggressors In the Middle East

http://www.fightthebias.com/Resources/Rec_Read/mid_east_conflict.htm

ZIONISM is a national liberation movement, identical in most ways to other liberation movements that leftists and progressives the world over -- and in virtually every case but this one -- fervently support. This exceptionalism is also visible at the reverse end of the political spectrum: In every other instance, right-wingers like Patrick Buchanan oppose national liberation movements that are under the spell of Marxist delusions and committed to violent means. But they make an exception for the one that Palestinians have aimed at the Jews. The unique opposition to a Jewish homeland at both ends of the political spectrum identifies the problem that Zionism was created to solve.

The "Jewish problem" is just another name for the fact that Jews are the most universally hated and persecuted ethnic group in history. The Zionist founders believed that hatred of Jews was a direct consequence of their stateless condition. As long as Jews were aliens in every society they found themselves in, they would always be seen as interlopers, their loyalties would be suspect and persecution would follow. This was what happened to Captain Alfred Dreyfus, whom French anti-Semites falsely accused of spying and who was put on trial for treason by the French government in the 19th Century. Theodore Herzl was an assimilated, westernized Jew, who witnessed the Dreyfus frame- up in Paris and went on to lead the Zionist movement.

Herzl and other Zionist founders believed that if Jews had a nation of their own, the very fact would "normalize" their condition in the community of nations. Jews had been without a state since the beginning of the diaspora, when the Romans expelled them from Judea on the west bank of the Jordan River, some 2,000 years before. Once the Jews obtained a homeland - Judea itself seemed a logical site -- and were again like other peoples, the Zionists believed anti-Semitism would wither on its poisonous vine and the Jewish problem would disappear.

Here is what happened instead.

(Edit: read the rest at the link.)

Gaffer
03-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Really excellent. Hopefully some of our resident anti-Semites take the time to read the whole thing.

The Reverend
03-08-2008, 11:12 PM
I have yet to have that happen.

OCA
03-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Written by a couple of Jews, how surprising!:laugh2:

The Reverend
03-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Doesn't matter who wrote it, want matters is it is fact.

FSUK
03-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Written by a couple of Jews, how surprising!:laugh2:

i agree, so one sided.

OCA
03-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Doesn't matter who wrote it, want matters is it is fact.

Oh Rev it has a huge bearing on it my friend. If it doesn't find me a few anti-Israel articles written by Jews. I mean i'm a Greek and you would never, ever see an article written by a Greek even remotely critical of Greece, not to say that there aren't articles critical of policies every now and then but as far as if Greece was in the same situation as Israel it would be 100% rah rah Greece.

The Reverend
03-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Oh Rev it has a huge bearing on it my friend. If it doesn't find me a few anti-Israel articles written by Jews. I mean i'm a Greek and you would never, ever see an article written by a Greek even remotely critical of Greece, not to say that there aren't articles critical of policies every now and then but as far as if Greece was in the same situation as Israel it would be 100% rah rah Greece.
OK

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MDk4NTUxMDlmNTUxZDVjMDgxM2M4OGJiZTBjNWU5ZDE=

Neturei Karta - Orthodox Jews United Against Zionism
http://www.nkusa.org/

True Torah Jews Against Zionism
http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/

Jews against Zionism
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/jews_against_zionism.html

I can find more sites if you want me to.

Microcosmos
03-09-2008, 02:49 AM
Nice of you to post the full article, but... What do you think are the key points?