PDA

View Full Version : Getting Pregnant is the Newest Fashion Among Teens

Abbey Marie
02-24-2007, 10:31 AM
No technically a US Event, but relevant.

Pregnant 14-Year-Old Says Getting Pregnant is the Newest Fashion Among Teens
Saturday, February 24, 2007

LONDON — The newest fashion among schoolgirls is getting knocked up, according to one pregnant 14-year-old whose four friends are also expecting.

British teen Kizzy Neal says she's been approached for advice from other pregnant girls her age ever since she conceived, reported London's Daily Mail.

"When my friends see my bump they say they wish they could have a baby, then three weeks later they're pregnant and don't know what to do," Neal said.

"It seems to be fashionable to get pregnant. ... Teenage girls think babies are cute, but they forget the physical side of being pregnant, then having to give up your own childhood to look after a baby," she told the paper.

Neal says she got pregnant the first time she had sex with her 13-year-old boyfriend.

Family campaigners say her comments show how current sex education policies leave teens with the "ridiculous but extremely worrying" idea that having a child is comparable to buying a new handbag.

Neal's comments come as figures show England and Wales have the highest rates of teenage pregnancies in Europe — with the biggest growth among girls under 16.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,254341,00.html

Dilloduck
02-24-2007, 10:39 AM
No technically a US Event, but relevant.

Pregnant 14-Year-Old Says Getting Pregnant is the Newest Fashion Among Teens
Saturday, February 24, 2007

LONDON — The newest fashion among schoolgirls is getting knocked up, according to one pregnant 14-year-old whose four friends are also expecting.

British teen Kizzy Neal says she's been approached for advice from other pregnant girls her age ever since she conceived, reported London's Daily Mail.

"When my friends see my bump they say they wish they could have a baby, then three weeks later they're pregnant and don't know what to do," Neal said.

"It seems to be fashionable to get pregnant. ... Teenage girls think babies are cute, but they forget the physical side of being pregnant, then having to give up your own childhood to look after a baby," she told the paper.

Neal says she got pregnant the first time she had sex with her 13-year-old boyfriend.

Family campaigners say her comments show how current sex education policies leave teens with the "ridiculous but extremely worrying" idea that having a child is comparable to buying a new handbag.

Neal's comments come as figures show England and Wales have the highest rates of teenage pregnancies in Europe — with the biggest growth among girls under 16.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,254341,00.html

well damn Abbey---you KNEW that there was no stopping promiscuity !!

Abbey Marie
02-24-2007, 10:41 AM
well damn Abbey---you KNEW that there was no stopping promiscuity !!

Shoot, Dillo, you're right. They're all gonna do it anyway. :cheers2:

Dilloduck
02-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Shoot, Dillo, you're right. They're all gonna do it anyway. :cheers2:

I mean really---what do you expect em to do ?????? Wait until they are married or something crazy?

02-24-2007, 11:58 AM
its really messed up. I didn't even know what sex was when I was 14. I mean I had heard of it but I didn't know any of the nitty gritty. I didn't even realize there was any use for those specific body parts other than urinating:p and yet people are getting pregnant at that age... its insane.

Has anyone considered that sex ed might end up backfiring? Im not saying kids shouldnt be taught at some point but maybe teaching kids the ramifications of it might be giving them ideas to experiment with things in ways they wouldnt know about otherwise by teaching them too young.

Nienna
02-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Has anyone considered that sex ed might end up backfiring? Im not saying kids shouldnt be taught at some point but maybe teaching kids the ramifications of it might be giving them ideas to experiment with things in ways they wouldn't know about otherwise by teaching them too young.

It could very well be. I think so.