PDA

View Full Version : Which Intelligence Agency is the best?

FSUK
03-08-2008, 09:47 PM
This may seem like an odd thread- im not james Bond 007. I have an interest in the world of ''spooks''.

Maybe because im in the UK,i have to be biased- i admire the MI6 &MI5. I hear that Mossad is the number 1 agency?

Mr. P
03-08-2008, 10:09 PM
I think the best would be those you hear the least about. Make sense?

Kathianne
03-09-2008, 12:04 AM
This may seem like an odd thread- im not james Bond 007. I have an interest in the world of ''spooks''.

Maybe because im in the UK,i have to be biased- i admire the MI6 &MI5. I hear that Mossad is the number 1 agency?

Israel. France.

LiberalNation
03-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Mossad has the reputation as the best.

canavar
04-02-2008, 07:02 PM

This can not be answered universally as there are different objectives and different geographical interest spheres and also limited budgets.
Mossad can not be the "number 1 agency" simply because of its geographical area where it operates. Hunting some old Nazi guys in South-America is also no indication of continuous work in that region. It was an objective and likely this objective was widened by traces into that area.

So US intelligence and Russian intelligence are "the best". Simply because intelligence gathering works globally. How effective this intelligence gathering works particular (effectiveness) in some regions is another question. But where is your interest you will provide more infrastructure.

So you can not say Mossad is number 1. Is Mossad number 1 in Japan, Thailand, Zimbabwe or the pivotal region of its country?
Even the last example of pivotal region we do not know that Mossad is number 1. I think not.

Hobbit
04-03-2008, 11:50 AM
While the CIA and whatever the Russian service is now that the KGB is gone may have the most information available, I would judge the quality of the service based on the accuracy, expediency, and importance (to that country) of the intelligence gathered, along with the ability of the agency to keep a secret. Considering the Russian system is a shadow of its former self and CIA agents have given in to making stuff up or leaking classified information to support political agendas, I wouldn't put them at the top. No, Mossad belongs in that category.

Roadrunner
04-04-2008, 07:16 AM
If we could hire Mossad to do for the U.S. what it does for Israel, it would be money very well spent. That answer your question?