PDA

View Full Version : McCain Must Convince Skeptical Conservatives By Deeds, Not Words

Pale Rider
03-09-2008, 04:06 AM
McCain Must Convince Skeptical Conservatives By Deeds, Not Words

Viguerie: Rhetoric Won't do it, McCain must convince skeptical conservatives by deeds, not words… and 'twere well it were done quickly

MEDIA ADVISORY, Feb. 7 /Christian Newswire/ -- A good conservative speech, no matter how stirring, will not solve the problems that grassroots conservatives have with John McCain, Richard A. Viguerie said today.

Viguerie made his comments in response to John McCain's address today at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C. Prior to McCain's speech, various news reports suggested that the speech gave the Arizona senator a chance to make amends with conservatives and bring them on board his bandwagon.

"Rhetoric isn't enough," Viguerie said. "To get the enthusiastic support of conservatives – support he must have, to win – Senator McCain must make his case with deeds, not just words."

That's not just because of John McCain's recent record on important issues, Viguerie said. It's also because of the record of the Republican Party itself.

"From Eisenhower to Nixon to both Bushes, conservatives have heard conservative rhetoric from Republican presidential candidates. Each time, they were disappointed – even betrayed – by the people and the party they had trusted.

"After the last eight or ten years, in which Republican leaders were elected with conservative votes, but then betrayed conservative principles, grassroots conservatives are not so willing to take John McCain at his word. He is an honorable man, but, given the record of the Republican Party and given his own record, conservative rhetoric is not enough to convince people.

"Conservatives will not be so trusting this time."

Article continues here... (http://christiannewswire.com/index.php?module=releases&task=view&releaseID=5631)

stephanie
03-09-2008, 04:19 AM
I don't expect that to happen.....

what I do see happening is..........the Republicans and Democrats are getting ready to emerge as one..........and wage war against us American People...

And if people don't wake up.............it could be too late....:cheers2:

82Marine89
03-09-2008, 11:21 AM
"After the last eight or ten years, in which Republican leaders were elected with conservative votes, but then betrayed conservative principles, grassroots conservatives are not so willing to take John McCain at his word. He is an honorable man, but, given the record of the Republican Party and given his own record, conservative rhetoric is not enough to convince people.

Just remember, he was for amnesty before he realized that he needed to be against it in order to gain the party nod.

PostmodernProphet
03-09-2008, 11:50 AM

what I do see happening is..........the Republicans and Democrats are getting ready to emerge as one..........and wage war against us American People...

ROFL......

Hugh Lincoln
03-09-2008, 12:05 PM
the Republicans and Democrats are getting ready to emerge as one

Yes, it's called The Government Party.

Pale Rider
03-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Just remember, he was for amnesty before he realized that he needed to be against it in order to gain the party nod.

He hasn't said one word about being against amnesty Marine. He's said "I get it," and then says he'll build a fence, but he stops right there. The man STILL has NEVER said he WOULDN'T grant amnesty to all the illegal aliens, and with his outreach director juan hernandez working for him, I do NOT believe he's against amnesty now. I'd have to hear it from his own lips and see it in writing signed by his own hand... and then I'd still look at it with a certain amount of skepticism. When it comes to illegals who have entered this country illegally from the south, the man is an outright traitor, and so is bush.

Pale Rider
03-09-2008, 01:06 PM

I think that's quite insightful Stephanie... with all indications from this election, I'd say it's not completely incapable of happening.

82Marine89
03-09-2008, 01:08 PM
When it comes to illegals who have entered this country illegally from the south, the man is an outright traitor, and so is bush.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i8.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/BorderProblem.flv">

gabosaurus
03-09-2008, 03:27 PM
That is not going to happen. Both McCain and Hillary openly pander to illegal immigrants.

Pale Rider
03-10-2008, 04:25 PM
That is not going to happen. Both McCain and Hillary openly pander to illegal immigrants.

No doubt. mccain will never be able to get all of the conservative vote. There's just a few of us, (millions actually), that know what the man is. We've read about him, heard about him, and watched what he's done and paid attention. And then there's those that are drinking the kool aide and turning belly up to "hold their nose" and vote for the lame ass bastard... whatever... I hope they like what they see when they look at themselves in the mirror.

They're sellouts.