PDA

View Full Version : Multiculturalism will be your downfall....

stephanie
03-09-2008, 04:41 AM
America.......used to be a Nation where one used to want to come and become........an American...No matter their Nationality.........
they didn't have to give up their nationality........but they BECAME AMERICANS.....

American used to hold a lot of pride and meaning, worth fighting for and dying for..........Look at all our ancestors graves all over the world..

Not today it doesnt...

Today I see our America........go down the drain....by Multi-culturism........the political correct way...
By golly....it's only fair and how dare we ask them all to become....AMERICANS........

You don't have to become an American here........just move here and keep your culture.......it's YOUR RIGHTS NOW....

The United States of America......see ya:salute:

FSUK
03-09-2008, 06:14 AM
I agree that the USA is the land of opportunity, it is the only nation on this earth that allows people with nothing to actually make a leap and achieve something with equality and freedom.

However, living abroad- it is clear that the US is loathed in many parts of the world now. In particular europe- they need to stop policing the world and imposing their style of democracy on nations. Also, stop installing puppet governments.

stephanie
03-09-2008, 06:24 AM
I agree that the USA is the land of opportunity, it is the only nation on this earth that allows people with nothing to actually make a leap and achieve something with equality and freedom.

However, living abroad- it is clear that the US is loathed in many parts of the world now. In particular Europe- they need to stop policing the world and imposing their style of democracy on nations. Also, stop installing puppet governments.

Is that right.....
How many time and lives do we have to sacrifice to help out all the other nations.........to not BE CALLEED THE POLICE OF THE WORLD........

Maybe you all have a cut off date for that........
we will all be grateful to know........we can stay home and NOT DIE FOR OTHERS.........THANK YOU....:salute:

diuretic
03-09-2008, 06:27 AM

However, living abroad- it is clear that the US is loathed in many parts of the world now. In particular europe- they need to stop policing the world and imposing their style of democracy on nations. Also, stop installing puppet governments.

It's not the only nation on earth that allows people with nothing to actually make a leap and achieve something with equality and freedom at all. There are quite a few others that do. Being away from home I know patriotism grows but even allowing for hyperbole that statement is unintentionally misleading. Sorry to growl a bit but it's true.

Now, Stephanie is pointing out something that is occurring to nations that do have a policy of multiculturalism. I know in my country there is some quiet re-thinking going on about the efficacy of promoting separating cultures inside the dominant culture. Personally I don't have a problem with people who bring their originating culture with them and practising it provided it doesn't clash with the laws and mores of the new country they are living in.

I'm pretty sure the Brits are re-thinking too (better late than never).

But I totally agree, if you move to a new country and you intend to stay there and make it your home then you'd better get up to speed with how to be a good citizen.

stephanie
03-09-2008, 06:30 AM
It's not the only nation on earth that allows people with nothing to actually make a leap and achieve something with equality and freedom at all. There are quite a few others that do. Being away from home I know patriotism grows but even allowing for hyperbole that statement is unintentionally misleading. Sorry to growl a bit but it's true.

Now, Stephanie is pointing out something that is occurring to nations that do have a policy of multiculturalism. I know in my country there is some quiet re-thinking going on about the efficacy of promoting separating cultures inside the dominant culture. Personally I don't have a problem with people who bring their originating culture with them and practising it provided it doesn't clash with the laws and mores of the new country they are living in.

I'm pretty sure the Brits are re-thinking too (better late than never).

But I totally agree, if you move to a new country and you intend to stay there and make it your home then you'd better get up to speed with how to be a good citizen.

My friend......you read my mind....:cheers2:

FSUK
03-09-2008, 06:31 AM
Is that right.....
How many time and lives do we have to sacrifice to help out all the other nations.........to not BE CALLEED THE POLICE OF THE WORLD........

Maybe you all have a cut off date for that........
we will all be grateful to know........we can stay home and NOT DIE FOR OTHERS.........THANK YOU....:salute:

I admire the sacrifice of the US military, they are brave men that deserve our respect and gratitude for their heroics.

However, i say ''police'' the world- simply because nobody asked them to come and invade another sovereign nation? I am talking about the past 10 years especially. The US has simply created more enemies by walking into other countries and imposing their might. Please tell me what has this gained?.

And which nations have you actually HELPED.

And no, im not anti-american- i think its a great country, infact id say its the greatest nation on this planet.

stephanie
03-09-2008, 06:41 AM
I admire the sacrifice of the US military, they are brave men that deserve our respect and gratitude for their heroics.

However, i say ''police'' the world- simply because nobody asked them to come and invade another sovereign nation? I am talking about the past 10 years especially. The US has simply created more enemies by walking into other countries and imposing their might. Please tell me what has this gained?.

And which nations have you actually HELPED.

And no, im not anti-american- i think its a great country, infact id say its the greatest nation on this planet.

How many nations...........have we invaded????

And as far as I know..........we have helped........No Other Nations....:rolleyes:

FSUK
03-09-2008, 06:47 AM
How many nations...........have we invaded????

THere is a big list, but im talking about the past 10 years- iraq and afghanistan are two prime examples. They have been invaded and occupied. What has these campaigns achieved for the US?

stephanie
03-09-2008, 06:53 AM
THere is a big list, but im talking about the past 10 years- iraq and afghanistan are two prime examples. They have been invaded and occupied. What has these campaigns achieved for the US?

how about before the last ten yrs.........?????
come on...I know you got a list there...

And as I said........we have NEVER HELPED another nation...:poke:

FSUK
03-09-2008, 07:02 AM
how about before the last ten yrs.........?????
come on...I know you got a list there...

And as I said........we have NEVER HELPED another nation...:poke:

http://www.history.navy.mil/library/online/forces.htm

stephanie
03-09-2008, 07:25 AM

That's quite the list...:cheers2:

Summary

This report lists hundreds of instances in which the United States has used its armed forces abroad in situations of military conflict or potential conflict or for other than normal peacetime purposes. It was compiled in part from various older lists and is intended primarily to provide a rough survey of past US military ventures abroad, without reference to the magnitude of the given instance noted.
The listing often contains references, especially from 1980 forward, to continuing military deployments especially US military participation in multinational operations associated with NATO or the United Nations. Most of these post-1980 instances are summaries based on Presidential reports to Congress related to the War Powers Resolution. A comprehensive commentary regarding any of the instances listed is not undertaken here.

Hugh Lincoln
03-09-2008, 12:02 PM
The more "tolerant" we are of other races, countries and cultures, the more hated we are.

Go figure.

Lizabeth
03-09-2008, 12:36 PM
I have been accused of racism for criticizing this very topic - "Multi Culturalism."

I think this all started with the identification of races and groups as African (Formerly Afro) American; Italian American; Mexican American; Native American; Chinese American; Irish American; Japanese American; et cetera. It is being separate that divides us and these ethnic groups fail to understand that. If you moved to another country and applied for citizenship do you think you could check off on the form in Peru that you are a American Peruvian? or in France as a American French, or need I say it in Mexico as a "American Mexican!" Look at some applications it is ridiculous how many subcategories of race there are now. And the reason. . . god forbid some person gets "offended." How absurd is it when it is viewed in that context. It is as if no one is proud to be an American. Immigrants used to be proud to pass the test to become an American and held parties in celebration. Not anymore. Bottom line you cannot have two countries of origin. Celebrate your heritage and customs but embrace the new ones of the country you call home.

gabosaurus
03-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Everyone has ONE nation of origin -- the nation they were born in. You can become a resident or citizen of another nation.
There is nothing wrong with retaining your cultural heritage. There is nothing wrong with retaining your language. As long as you learn your new language.
My mom still speaks German. My aunt still speaks Spanish.

The United States is a nation of immigrants. We are one of the few countries that relies primarily on one language. You go to Europe, and a large number of people speak more than one language. It's something you get used to.

diuretic
03-09-2008, 05:33 PM
The more "tolerant" we are of other races, countries and cultures, the more hated we are.

Go figure.

That's got nothing to do with it. It's US foreign policy. Let me try and explain my point of view (I'm going to get some stuff wrong, corrections welcome).

The British Empire was, in recent human history, the most widespread, influential and ruthless. We know that WWII killed it off. The US was dominant in the western hemisphere and did in fact invade which ever countries it deemed it should. Sometimes it used proxies but invade and interfere it did. It's disingenuous to deny history.

WWII saw the US come out as the world's dominant power. Britain had been exhausted and realising that it set about relinquishing its Empire and changing it into a Commonwealth (for economic reasons I would think). Meanwhile the US saw the Soviets as their natural opponent and the Cold War was established. In the meantime the US set about protecting and extending its interests as it saw fit. Just as the British were hated because of their Imperial prowess, so the US was hated by those countries who felt the edge of US foreign policy.

Dilloduck
03-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Everyone has ONE nation of origin -- the nation they were born in. You can become a resident or citizen of another nation.
There is nothing wrong with retaining your cultural heritage. There is nothing wrong with retaining your language. As long as you learn your new language.

The United States is a nation of immigrants. We are one of the few countries that relies primarily on one language. You go to Europe, and a large number of people speak more than one language. It's something you get used to.

We ain't Europe --Thank God !

Hugh Lincoln
03-10-2008, 07:54 PM
That's got nothing to do with it. It's US foreign policy. Let me try and explain my point of view (I'm going to get some stuff wrong, corrections welcome).

The British Empire was, in recent human history, the most widespread, influential and ruthless. We know that WWII killed it off. The US was dominant in the western hemisphere and did in fact invade which ever countries it deemed it should. Sometimes it used proxies but invade and interfere it did. It's disingenuous to deny history.

WWII saw the US come out as the world's dominant power. Britain had been exhausted and realising that it set about relinquishing its Empire and changing it into a Commonwealth (for economic reasons I would think). Meanwhile the US saw the Soviets as their natural opponent and the Cold War was established. In the meantime the US set about protecting and extending its interests as it saw fit. Just as the British were hated because of their Imperial prowess, so the US was hated by those countries who felt the edge of US foreign policy.

Sure, externally, we beat everyone up. Internally, we kiss their ass. Steve Sailer calls this the "Invade the World, Invite the World" phenomenon. It's dumb. We should stop both, I say.

Kathianne
03-10-2008, 08:35 PM
We ain't Europe --Thank God !

But many are trying hard to be and others are saying, wth.

diuretic
03-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Sure, externally, we beat everyone up. Internally, we kiss their ass. Steve Sailer calls this the "Invade the World, Invite the World" phenomenon. It's dumb. We should stop both, I say.

It's natural for any neo-Imperialistic nation to act that way. Having said that I feel sure that much of the rest of the world was glad it wasn't the USSR (good old Trotsky's idea of the permanent revolution was scary). But I think Imperialist nations have been transcended by imperialist transnational corporations so the last neo-Imperialistic nation will probably be the US. Get ready for some massive regional groupings though. Trade and energy will be the tools of those regional groupings.

Mr. P
03-10-2008, 11:34 PM

When the day comes we get "used" to it will be the day we can remove "United" from "The United States of America". And then there's "One Nation Under God, Indivisible..." Indivisible? Well anyone can see how that's going. Permitting/ accepting multi languages and multi cultures in the main stream is killing America. That's the cold hard truth.

WRL
03-11-2008, 12:20 AM
America.......used to be a Nation where one used to want to come and become........an American...No matter their Nationality.........
they didn't have to give up their nationality........but they BECAME AMERICANS.....

American used to hold a lot of pride and meaning, worth fighting for and dying for..........Look at all our ancestors graves all over the world..

Not today it doesnt...

Today I see our America........go down the drain....by Multi-culturism........the political correct way...
By golly....it's only fair and how dare we ask them all to become....AMERICANS........

You don't have to become an American here........just move here and keep your culture.......it's YOUR RIGHTS NOW....

The United States of America......see ya:salute:

Careful, the Irish, and Germans, and Italians used to be subject to this kind of rhetoric once as well. Assimilation is the problem, not multiculturalism, that has been a fact of American society for some time. What is needed is a more orderly border, with reasonable enforcement measures. People are going to immigrate here, regardless, we have to ensure they are doing it the lawful way, and in a manor that allows us inspection of who comes into the country, and that they learn English, assimilation should be subtle, but active. You are not going to change some one's religion, or culture, or history, that takes time, what we can do is ensure they are educated in the American way, learn the American language, English, and their daily interaction in American society will assimilate them.

stephanie
03-11-2008, 12:33 AM
Careful, the Irish, and Germans, and Italians used to be subject to this kind of rhetoric once as well. Assimilation is the problem, not multiculturalism, that has been a fact of American society for some time. What is needed is a more orderly border, with reasonable enforcement measures. People are going to immigrate here, regardless, we have to ensure they are doing it the lawful way, and in a manor that allows us inspection of who comes into the country, and that they learn English, assimilation should be subtle, but active. You are not going to change some one's religion, or culture, or history, that takes time, what we can do is ensure they are educated in the American way, learn the American language, English, and their daily interaction in American society will assimilate them.

I think you can see that is what I was saying... I should of said...

Multiculturalism without assimilation...and I agree with the rest of your post.

Mr. P
03-11-2008, 12:37 AM

Nor should anyone be stripped of their culture. They should, however, follow the lead of the Irish, Germans and Italians and assimilate. The problem now vs then is totally different...IMO.

WRL
03-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Agreed, my whole point here is that we have to be careful in how this debate is framed. Or the PC police will be all over it, and the idea will be relegated to little relevance.

diuretic
03-11-2008, 03:07 AM
I think the evidence is in. Multiculturalism, taken to its extreme, has unfortunately (at least in some parts of my country) resulted in a form of voluntary separatism. I don't want to see anyone lose their cultural heritage, frankly I'm fascinated by different cultures around me (and no I'm not just talking about "cute little ethnic restaurants") but I do think that assimilation, where it doesn't extinguish culture, is okay. In many ways it's been a one-way street in terms of acceptance and understanding cultures, I think it's time to make it two-way. That's a tough call for some folks - indeed many on my side of politics would call me bad names (as if I give a shit) but frankly I think it's time to cool off the separatism a bit.