PDA

View Full Version : Israel, Apartheid And Human Rights Violations

OCA
03-09-2008, 10:02 AM
http://mondediplo.com/2003/11/04apartheid

http://www.btselem.org/English/

Yurt
03-09-2008, 10:45 AM
how many jews live on the east side... in jordan?

FSUK
03-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Below is an Early Day Motion, which has been signed by 77 British MP's from a a broad spectrum of the political arena and faiths.

"That this House notes that the Israeli government has expressed the desire to upgrade its relations with the EU to the same level as Norway and Switzerland; further notes that this would include the ability to have free passage of goods, people and capital between the two entities; further notes that Israel remains in consistent violation of UN Security Council Resolutions and the Fourth Geneva Convention, has routinely prevented the free movement of Palestinian goods and people and has withheld Palestinian funds from their people; further notes that these and other grievous human rights abuses represent a clear breach of Article Two of the EU-Israel Association Agreement, which calls for adherence to human rights laws; commends the International Development Select Committee's report into development assistance and the Occupied Palestinian territories, and in particular its recommendation that `the UK should urge the EU to use the Association Agreement with Israel as a lever for change and to consider suspending the Agreement until there are further improvements in access arrangements'; and urges the Government to insist that no upgrading of Israel's relations with the EU be considered until the Israeli government has brought itself into full compliance with international law, including the permanent lifting of all barriers to freedom of movement for Palestinian goods, people and capital."

http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=32632&SESSION=885

Kathianne
03-09-2008, 11:04 AM
FSUK, you posted the same thing in another thread, that's spamming. :poke:

FSUK
03-09-2008, 11:07 AM
FSUK, you posted the same thing in another thread, that's spamming. :poke:

The posts are not 100% identical.

Hugh Lincoln
03-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Also anti-Semitic, we should add.

:cool:

Kathianne
03-09-2008, 11:21 AM
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23337782-7583,00.html

...Over recent months terrorists have fired mainly Qassam rockets from Gaza into Israel almost on a daily basis. It is true that they have killed few people. But they have terrorised the citizens of the small Israeli city of Sderot and the nearby kibbutzes and farms. Further, Hamas and other terrorist groups have smuggled weapons and people across the border from Egypt. When recently this border was smashed by Palestinian civilians and left open for several days, before the Egyptians closed it down again, much more such smuggling went on.

Gaza's terrorists have slowly been improving the range, explosive power and precision of their rockets. But now they also have a number of Grad rockets, and indeed some others, some of them apparently of Iranian manufacture, to fire at Israel.

Some of these have hit the Israeli city of Ashkelon, with more than 100,000 people.

This has necessitated an Israeli response. Israel tries to suppress the rocket fire by taking out Hamas and other terrorist leaders, and by destroying from the air Qassam factories and launching points. Although Israel tries not to hit civilians, inevitably some Gazan civilians are hit and killed in these actions.

Further, Israel has imposed a limited economic blockade on Gaza, for which it has been widely criticised. However, it is inconceivable that any nation would allow endless rocket attacks on its civilians without trying to stop them. If the Gaza terrorists could do this with impunity, it would inspire other terrorists to do the same. Hezbollah, intensely rebuilding its capacities in southern Lebanon, could begin launching rockets again from there. Similarly, Israeli security forces have found and destroyed some rocket-making ventures in the West Bank. While the rockets from Gaza have been a tactical rather than strategic threat to Israel, rockets fired simultaneously from Gaza, southern Lebanon and the West Bank would completely paralyse Israel. Therefore Israel ultimately cannot allow the rocket attacks to go on, especially as they increase in lethality and range. There is a marvellous irony in much of the international community demanding that the power station in Ashkelon supply electricity to the rocket factories in Gaza which are trying to destroy it.

Without the rocket firings there would be no economic blockade of Gaza and no Israeli air campaign. Life in Gaza would be infinitely better. Why doesn't Hamas embrace this much better life for its citizens, which would certainly not require it to give up its goal of running an independent Palestinian state?

There are four interlocking, plausible answers: it wants to damage Israel internationally, radicalise other Palestinians, ensure Israel's policy of disengagement from the Palestinians fails, and serve Hamas's Iranian and Syrian sponsors. Consider each of the four...

FSUK
03-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Also anti-Semitic, we should add.

:cool:

Pathetic, usual and standard reponse by pro-israelis.

Does isreal promote freedom of speech? it is a democracy isnt it?,

So, if there is a jew in israel that disagrees with Mr Olmert's policies- then does that make that person an anti-semite?

I DO NOT F***** HATE JEWS. I HATE THE ACTIONS OF THE GOVERNMENT.

SO STOP CALLING ME A AN ANTISEMITE.I DO NOT HATE THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL.

some people here are just pathetic, one word against israel, then its a f*** crime.

Kathianne
03-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Pathetic, usual and standard reponse by pro-israelis.

Does isreal promote freedom of speech? it is a democracy isnt it?,

So, if there is a jew in israel that disagrees with Mr Olmert's policies- then does that make that person an anti-semite?

I DO NOT F***** HATE JEWS. I HATE THE ACTIONS OF THE GOVERNMENT.

SO STOP CALLING ME A AN ANTISEMITE.I DO NOT HATE THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL.

some people here are just pathetic, one word against israel, then its a f*** crime.

You don't know Mr. Lincoln. :laugh2: He probably was NOT calling you an anti-semite, if he did, it would be a compliment from his pov.