PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky lawmaker wants to make anonymous internet posting illegal

Little-Acorn
03-10-2008, 12:03 PM
John McCain will LOVE this guy.

"To avoid bullying" is exactly the reason McCain gave for crafting his Campaign Finance "Reform" bill. And that bill was every bit as unconstitutional is Couch's. Just bigger.

Why these people think they can get Democrats of "be nicer" to them, and why they think it would do any good, baffles me.

Couch and McCain - two RINOs cut from the same piece of cloth.

-----------------------------------------------------

http://www.wtvq.com/content/midatlantic/tvq/video.apx.-content-articles-TVQ-2008-03-05-0011.html

Kentucky Lawmaker Wants to Make Anonymous Internet Posting Illegal

Wednesday, Mar 05, 2008 - 11:11 PM Updated: 12:40 PM

Kentucky Representative Tim Couch (R) filed a bill this week to make anonymous posting online illegal.

The bill would require anyone who contributes to a website to register their real name, address and e-mail address with that site.

Their full name would be used anytime a comment is posted.

If the bill becomes law, the website operator would have to pay if someone was allowed to post anonymously on their site. The fine would be five-hundred dollars for a first offense and one-thousand dollars for each offense after that.

Representative Couch says he filed the bill in hopes of cutting down on online bullying. He says that has especially been a problem in his Eastern Kentucky district.

Action News 36 asked people what they thought about the bill.

Some said they felt it was a violation of First Amendment rights. Others say it is a good tool toward eliminating online harassment.

Represntative Couch says enforcing this bill if it became law would be a challenge.

hjmick
03-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Seems to me that this would open one more door for identity theft.

Nukeman
03-10-2008, 12:17 PM
If they do this than ALL media sources whould also have to be revealed. No more "annonimous sources". It just opens a whole can of worms that I really don't think these morons think about.....

PostmodernProphet
03-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm going to reregister as TimCouch......

DragonStryk72
03-10-2008, 01:18 PM
John McCain will LOVE this guy.

"To avoid bullying" is exactly the reason McCain gave for crafting his Campaign Finance "Reform" bill. And that bill was every bit as unconstitutional is Couch's. Just bigger.

Why these people think they can get Democrats of "be nicer" to them, and why they think it would do any good, baffles me.

Couch and McCain - two RINOs cut from the same piece of cloth.

-----------------------------------------------------

http://www.wtvq.com/content/midatlantic/tvq/video.apx.-content-articles-TVQ-2008-03-05-0011.html

Kentucky Lawmaker Wants to Make Anonymous Internet Posting Illegal

Wednesday, Mar 05, 2008 - 11:11 PM Updated: 12:40 PM

Kentucky Representative Tim Couch (R) filed a bill this week to make anonymous posting online illegal.

The bill would require anyone who contributes to a website to register their real name, address and e-mail address with that site.

Their full name would be used anytime a comment is posted.

If the bill becomes law, the website operator would have to pay if someone was allowed to post anonymously on their site. The fine would be five-hundred dollars for a first offense and one-thousand dollars for each offense after that.

Representative Couch says he filed the bill in hopes of cutting down on online bullying. He says that has especially been a problem in his Eastern Kentucky district.

Action News 36 asked people what they thought about the bill.

Some said they felt it was a violation of First Amendment rights. Others say it is a good tool toward eliminating online harassment.

Represntative Couch says enforcing this bill if it became law would be a challenge.

Um, actually if they have minimum hacking capabilities, that means that with a little help from 411, the harassment won't be online anymore.

Mr. P
03-10-2008, 01:41 PM
If they do this than ALL media sources whould also have to be revealed. No more "annonimous sources". It just opens a whole can of worms that I really don't think these morons think about.....

Um, actually if they have minimum hacking capabilities, that means that with a little help from 411, the harassment won't be online anymore.

Two great points!

But come on guys...I'm the government and I'm here to HELP and CARE for you.

hjmick
03-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Two great points!

But come on guys...I'm the government and I'm here to HELP and CARE for you.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." - Ronald Reagan

stephanie
03-10-2008, 01:49 PM
with the idiots we have in our government..........

we are SO SCREWED...:dance:

MtnBiker
03-10-2008, 01:51 PM
What exactly is "bullying"? And what are the reprocussions?

For example what if I said this; "Hey Jim you are a fucking moron", then what some guy from Kentucky will come and fine me?

The whole notion of this is government control, why do people even begin to think this should happen?