PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Involved In Prostitution - NY Governor's scandal

hjmick
03-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Okay, the truth is not quite as sensational, it's actually just Eliot Spitzer at this point. Yes, that Eliot Spitzer. The man who was going to "clean up" Albany. Yeah, whatever. Quite the family man. I wonder why he's not a Republican? What's that you say? Infidelity and low morals are not party specific? Are you telling me that it is not a matter of political affiliation but rather a matter of personal decisions and character? But I've been led to believe that these sorts of concerns are matters for the Republicans only. They are evil.

My world is collapsing around me...

Spitzer Is Linked to Prostitution Ring
By DANNY HAKIM
Published: March 10, 2008

ALBANY - Gov. Eliot Spitzer has informed his most senior administration officials that he had been involved in a prostitution ring, an administration official said this morning.

Mr. Spitzer, a first-term Democrat who pledged to bring ethics reform and end the often seamy ways of Albany, is married with three children.

Just last week, federal prosecutors arrested four people in connection with an expensive prostitution operation. Administration officials would not say that this was the ring with which the governor had become involved.

Mr. Spitzer gained national attention when he served as attorney general with his relentless pursuit of Wall Street wrongdoing. As attorney general, he also had prosecuted at least two prostitution rings as head of the state’s organized crime task force.

In one such case in 2004, Mr. Spitzer spoke with revulsion and anger after announcing the arrest of 16 people for operating a high-end prostitution ring out of Staten Island.

“”This was a sophisticated and lucrative operation with a multitiered management structure,” Mr. Spitzer said at the time. ”It was, however, nothing more than a prostitution ring.”

...The Albany County district attorney is set to issue in the coming days the results of his investigation into Mr. Spitzer’s first scandal, his aides’ involvement in an effort to tarnish Majority Leader Joseph L. Bruno, the state’s top Republican.

Complete story... (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/10/nyregion/10cnd-spitzer.html?em&ex=1205294400&en=d0917c3b73427b6a&ei=5087%0A)

WIll he forced to resign by his party? Or will he instead receive acolades and a series of back slapping speaches in the State house? Perhaps an award?

03-10-2008, 01:36 PM
dont you know someones private life is none of our business?

hjmick
03-10-2008, 01:39 PM
dont you know someones private life is none of our business?

That's what I keep hearing. I am also of the opinion that the actions of one can not and should not be used to paint an entire entity as evil, bad, untrustworthy, or corrupt, but it still seems to happen everday.

Using that standard...

MtnBiker
03-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Does the truth matter in this story?

stephanie
03-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Pfeeeeeesh......non story,move along..it's the Democrats.

truthmatters
03-10-2008, 01:59 PM
If hes guilty I think he should be punnished like anyone else who breaks the law.

MtnBiker
03-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Well if any democratics do not condem Spitzer that must mean they support prostitution, oh wait that is a tatic used by someone else.

Or if he is guilty than all democratics must be guilty by association, oh wait that is a tatic used by someone else.

Little-Acorn
03-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Spitzer is not a national figure (forunately). It's up to New York to decide what to do with him.

Course, those are the same people who elected Hillary Clinton to "represent them". So they're used to paying for prostitution. My guess is, they'll let him off with a hand slap.

gabosaurus
03-10-2008, 02:47 PM
The same governor who earlier was "disgusted" after, as attorney general, he busted a high-dollar prostitution ring. And called out the owners and clients who were named in the bust.
Now, he is caught patronizing the same type of group.
Instant Karma's gonna getcha! :lmao:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/10/nyregion/10cnd-spitzer.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

hjmick
03-10-2008, 03:21 PM
What the hell? Did you doze off? LOL

Already gotchya covered on this one, Gabo, albeit with a slightly different tilt.

Democrats Involved In Prostitution (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=12717)

Abbey Marie
03-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Former attorney general, to boot.

DragonStryk72
03-10-2008, 03:37 PM
What the hell? Did you doze off? LOL

Already gotchya covered on this one, Gabo, albeit with a slightly different tilt.

Democrats Involved In Prostitution (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=12717)

Right, the difference being, right off the top, that OB's is a more accurate title. This is was one person doing this, and I give props to him for not to trying to wiggle out. He stood up there and said he fucked up. You really can't expect much more out of person on that count.

nevadamedic
03-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Former attorney general, to boot.

Also a Democrat, go figure. I think he endorsed Obama after Hillary flip flopped on his wanting to give Drivers Liscenses to illegals.

nevadamedic
03-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Okay, the truth is not quite as sensational, it's actually just Eliot Spitzer at this point. Yes, that Eliot Spitzer. The man who was going to "clean up" Albany. Yeah, whatever. Quite the family man. I wonder why he's not a Republican? What's that you say? Infidelity and low morals are not party specific? Are you telling me that it is not a matter of political affiliation but rather a matter of personal decisions and character? But I've been led to believe that these sorts of concerns are matters for the Republicans only. They are evil.

WIll he forced to resign by his party? Or will he instead receive acolades and a series of back slapping speaches in the State house? Perhaps an award?

After reading the title and before clicking on the link I thought you were making a thread about Bill Clinton. :laugh2:

hjmick
03-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Right, the difference being, right off the top, that OB's is a more accurate title. This is was one person doing this, and I give props to him for not to trying to wiggle out. He stood up there and said he fucked up. You really can't expect much more out of person on that count.

I agree, rumor has it there is a resignation in his future as well. Of course, it would be hard for him to wiggle out if the feds have hime on a wiretap, as is being reported. That being the case, his options are limited. I hope that his wife, if she loves him, is more forgiving than mine would be, though I would say that his feelings are questionable at best. I mean, he did hire a prostitute. And you know it's not his first.

As for the title of my thread, I readily admit making a tad more sensational. I did so in my opening. I was inspired by some of our members who tend to work in a similar vein when the story involves members of our military or Republicans. It's not something I do too often.

Hagbard Celine
03-10-2008, 03:51 PM
By "involved" do you mean bangin' a prostitute?

Yurt
03-10-2008, 03:54 PM
the world's oldest profession is alive and doing well....

nevadamedic
03-10-2008, 03:55 PM
CNN is saying his aides are saying he is going to resign. He needs to. I think anyone who is elected to office needs to be held at a higher standard and if they commit a crime like this they need to be removed from office.

nevadamedic
03-10-2008, 03:57 PM
I agree, rumor has it there is a resignation in his future as well. Of course, it would be hard for him to wiggle out if the feds have hime on a wiretap, as is being reported. That being the case, his options are limited. I hope that his wife, if she loves him, is more forgiving than mine would be, though I would say that his feelings are questionable at best. I mean, he did hire a prostitute. And you know it's not his first.

As for the title of my thread, I readily admit making a tad more sensational. I did so in my opening. I was inspired by some of our members who tend to work in a similar vein when the story involves members of our military or Republicans. It's not something I do too often.

Obviously his wife is forgiving, he is still alive. :laugh2:

hjmick
03-10-2008, 03:58 PM
the world's oldest profession is alive and doing well....

Both of them.

"Politics I supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

hjmick
03-10-2008, 04:01 PM
By "involved" do you mean bangin' a prostitute?

I don't think he was buying Girl Scout cookies.

Sitarro
03-10-2008, 04:04 PM
After reading the title and before clicking on the link I thought you were making a thread about Bill Clinton. :laugh2:

It will be interesting to see if Bill is on the ''special'' customer list.

Yurt
03-10-2008, 04:17 PM
It will be interesting to see if Bill is on the ''special'' customer list.

speed dial -- 1

Yurt
03-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Both of them.

"Politics I supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." - Ronald Reagan

:lol:

tho -- never had a prostitute, my brother did, and his description of the event sounded nothing like when i met politicians feinstein and boxer.....

5stringJeff
03-10-2008, 05:31 PM
How fitting that the Statist Governor of NY be brought down by the power of the State.

gabosaurus
03-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Once again, why does it have to come down to Dem or GOP? To me, dude is merely a self-righteous ass who decided he wanted to be Bill Clinton.
I have no respect for him. Especially after his tirade against "sleaze who engage in prostitution" when he was attorney general.

Yurt
03-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Once again, why does it have to come down to Dem or GOP? To me, dude is merely a self-righteous ass who decided he wanted to be Bill Clinton.
I have no respect for him. Especially after his tirade against "sleaze who engage in prostitution" when he was attorney general.

good points

03-10-2008, 06:50 PM

well atleast you are consistant. Whenever I see a Republican scandals i see the Republicans going after their own. (although I have seen Democrats try to accuse those Republicans of worse than what they are actually doing, Ill defend even scumbags then, I guess that's why its my job) But then when Democrats go through the same or worse they will circle the wagons.

good to see some consistancy here.

Yurt
03-10-2008, 07:01 PM
my good debate buddy, you once said that obama's being the editor of harvard law must mean he is smart and all that...... i said no, not necessarily..... read em and weeeeeeeep, MFM:

The younger Spitzer, however, gravitated toward public service and went on to earn a degree from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton, and a law degree from Harvard, where he was editor at the Harvard Law review.

:lmao:

Hugh Lincoln
03-10-2008, 07:03 PM
What a Jew. Hypocrite to the core.

Yurt
03-10-2008, 07:11 PM

so all jews are hypocrites to the core?

retiredman
03-10-2008, 07:13 PM
my good debate buddy, you once said that obama's being the editor of harvard law must mean he is smart and all that...... i said no, not necessarily..... read em and weeeeeeeep

equating intelligence with morality?

why am I not surprised?

Hugh Lincoln
03-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Spitzer (Client 9) liked anal:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0310082spitzer5.html

nevadamedic
03-10-2008, 08:04 PM

This coming from someone who went apeshit on the GOP over the Senator who was ACCUSED of soliciting sex in an airport bathroom.

nevadamedic
03-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Well atleast this guy went for a female unlike the Democratic Governor of NJ that was banging male staff members in seedy motel rooms on the tax payers dime.

nevadamedic
03-10-2008, 08:07 PM

And your the one he was giving anal to?

5stringJeff
03-10-2008, 08:14 PM

After seeing your posts the last few days, I think you're quite in need of this (http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your).

jimnyc
03-10-2008, 08:15 PM

Repeated replies in the same thread and flaming for no reason? No, you aren't getting banned or removed - but there should be no doubt in a single persons mind on this board why you have the reputation that you do. Well, you're true reputation anyway, not the one with numbers you got by playing games with your buddies. BTW - I've been contemplating updating a few members rep points manually as I can think of at least one who doesn't deserve to be highlighted at the top of this board for having top rep honors.

Yurt
03-10-2008, 08:20 PM
equating intelligence with morality?

why am I not surprised?

of course

5stringJeff
03-10-2008, 08:21 PM

And expensive hookers, to boot.

retiredman
03-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Repeated replies in the same thread and flaming for no reason? No, you aren't getting banned or removed - but there should be no doubt in a single persons mind on this board why you have the reputation that you do. Well, you're true reputation anyway, not the one with numbers you got by playing games with your buddies. BTW - I've been contemplating updating a few members rep points manually as I can think of at least one who doesn't deserve to be highlighted at the top of this board for having top rep honors.

I can think of four...but I imagine they all got there as part of the same gooey circle.

actsnoblemartin
03-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Stupid statement :slap: and you wonder why people dont like you :laugh2:

Yurt
03-10-2008, 08:23 PM
After seeing your posts the last few days, I think you're quite in need of this (http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your).

he ran from the rep club..... this is no surprise, sad, but true

Yurt
03-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I can think of four...but I imagine they all got there as part of the same gooey circle.

of course.....

retiredman
03-10-2008, 08:25 PM
of course

I knew a borderline retarded girl in my high school class, who found Jesus and has worked stocking shelves at Goodwill since she graduated. Very moral. Not very intelligent.

Yurt
03-10-2008, 08:27 PM
I knew a borderline retarded girl in my high school class, who found Jesus and has worked stocking shelves at Goodwill since she graduated. Very moral. Not very intelligent.

of course

Juantew
03-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Another dip hoist on his own pittard.

If victimless crimes weren't illegal, they wouldn't get busted by their own laws.

Plus, the ladies could be regulated and clean!

gabosaurus
03-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Very moral. Not very intelligent.

How long have you know NevadaMedic?

nevadamedic
03-11-2008, 12:13 AM
How long have you know NevadaMedic?

Unprevoked Flaming, not unusual for you.................

MtnBiker
03-11-2008, 01:38 PM

Excellent post!!

JohnDoe
03-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Another dip hoist on his own pittard.

If victimless crimes weren't illegal, they wouldn't get busted by their own laws.

Plus, the ladies could be regulated and clean!Illegal or not, I am certain the people that owned this call girl operation made certain their girls were clean and checked frequently....they had alot of money at stake!

bullypulpit
03-11-2008, 04:09 PM

Hubris and hypocrisy...Thy name is Eliot Spitzer.

bullypulpit
03-11-2008, 06:28 PM
The more I think about it though, the more I want to hear Senator David "Hooker" Vitter's take on the issue. After all, the Republican Senator from Louisiana, who won his seat on the basis of his "family values", was found to be a whore-monger. Unlike Spitzer, Vitter built his political career on his "family values", which weren't so important to him after all...And he's still serving in the Senate.

Is it a double standard then when a Republican who hypocritically ran for office on a "family values" platform, gets to stay in office when the full depth of his hypocrisy is revealed; but a Democrat who ran for office on his Wall Street scam busting gets castigated for his hubris and hypocrisy is forced to resign?

JohnDoe
03-12-2008, 08:34 AM
The more I think about it though, the more I want to hear Senator David "Hooker" Vitter's take on the issue. After all, the Republican Senator from Louisiana, who won his seat on the basis of his "family values", was found to be a whore-monger. Unlike Spitzer, Vitter built his political career on his "family values", which weren't so important to him after all...And he's still serving in the Senate.

Is it a double standard then when a Republican who hypocritically ran for office on a "family values" platform, gets to stay in office when the full depth of his hypocrisy is revealed; but a Democrat who ran for office on his Wall Street scam busting gets castigated for his hubris and hypocrisy is forced to resign?

There is a double standard- it is ever present on each political side of the aisle, the biased point of view.

Vitter, the repeated prostitute user, was not forced to resign by the republican Party, though he probably should have been, because he did make his career and get elected on what he ''said'' about Family values.

But Bully.....I disagree with you..........Spitzer did win his elections and did build his career on family values and "right from wrong" stances that he took in his career....

Gov. Spitzer is no less a hypocrite than Senator Vitter imo and he should resign.

jd

bullypulpit
03-12-2008, 08:39 AM
There is a double standard- it is ever present on each political side of the aisle, the biased point of view.

Vitter, the repeated prostitute user, was not forced to resign by the republican Party, though he probably should have been, because he did make his career and get elected on what he ''said'' about Family values.

But Bully.....I disagree with you..........Spitzer did win his elections and did build his career on family values and "right from wrong" stances that he took in his career....

Gov. Spitzer is no less a hypocrite than Senator Vitter imo and he should resign.

jd

Wasn't realy trying to imply Spitzer was anything other than a hypocrite eaten up with hubris. Just pointing out the apparent double standard.