PDA

View Full Version : Montana to secede from the Union

03-10-2008, 04:29 PM
http://www.progunleaders.org/resolution.html

If the current 2nd amendment case is decided badly.

Yurt
03-10-2008, 04:30 PM
who was it that said we need a revolution every 3rd generation?

Little-Acorn
03-10-2008, 04:34 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=12127&highlight=montana

hjmick
03-10-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm there.

gabosaurus
03-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Tell Montana to leave. And take North and South Dakota with them.

Yurt
03-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Tell Montana to leave. And take North and South Dakota with them.

you forgot your mittens....

DragonStryk72
03-10-2008, 05:14 PM
who was it that said we need a revolution every 3rd generation?

Thomas Jefferson

5stringJeff
03-10-2008, 07:33 PM
The entire Great Plains and South would leave, I think, leaving only the West Coast, the Midwest, and the Northeast. I'd take the side of freedom.

LiberalNation
03-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Never gona happen. They wouldn't give up the fed money anyway even if it was a legal option.

Nukeman
03-10-2008, 07:39 PM
The entire Great Plains and South would leave, I think, leaving only the West Coast, the Midwest, and the Northeast. I'd take the side of freedom.

Just a thought, but I'd bet the midwest would leave with the south and west. What the hell do we have in common with the coasts?????

5stringJeff
03-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Never gona happen. They wouldn't give up the fed money anyway even if it was a legal option.

It is a legal option.

LiberalNation
03-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Didn't we already have this whole thing after the civil war. Something along the lines of states do not have a right to secede from the union.

5stringJeff
03-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Didn't we already have this whole thing after the civil war. Something along the lines of states do not have a right to secede from the union.

That war was lost, but that doesn't mean the right to secede isn't still viable.

trobinett
03-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Succeed, and NEVER COME BACK.:finger3:

Nukeman
03-10-2008, 08:10 PM

Lincolin went against the constitution when declairing war with the Southern states. They were well within their rights to secede from the union.

I don't think it would come to war in this day and age. Also with the way the states handle taxes and laws it would be a fairly simple thing to do, just stop federal taxes.

REDWHITEBLUE2
03-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Montana's looking better every day I just hope they send the closet queers to Calif with Gabby :laugh2:

Monkeybone
03-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Just a thought, but I'd bet the midwest would leave with the south and west. What the hell do we have in common with the coasts?????

those were my thoughts exactly. other than Il, we are more like S & W than the coast.

weee! new country!

Pale Rider
03-11-2008, 09:31 AM

They would. Speaking for Wisconsin, a very large portion of it's annual income is from sporting, and that means hunting. If all of a sudden no one could deer hunt in Wisconsin, they'd have a deer population explosion that would cripple transportation there'd be so many car/deer collisions, not to mention crop damage, etc..

Hurray for Montana... I'll move there myself if thing goes the wrong way. That or I'll join any force in a new Civil War. Our government is just getting a little hard to take these days. I think they need to be taken down a notch, and taught a new lesson. Stay the hell out of my life, and keep the hell away from my rights.

JohnDoe
03-11-2008, 09:55 AM
those were my thoughts exactly. other than Il, we are more like S & W than the coast.

weee! new country!yah....a new country without PORTS......doesn't sound like it would have the ability to become prosperous...

California has the 4th largest gdp of all countries in the entire world....

doubt you all could live without our ports....without walmart's cheap goods and without a Navy too....

just something to think about :D

jd

5stringJeff
03-11-2008, 10:36 AM
yah....a new country without PORTS......doesn't sound like it would have the ability to become prosperous...

doubt you all could live without our ports....without walmart's cheap goods and without a Navy too....

jd

We'd have the Gulf Coast, the Mississippi river system, and half the Atlantic seaboard. That's plenty of shipping capacity.

Monkeybone
03-11-2008, 10:41 AM
yah....a new country without PORTS......doesn't sound like it would have the ability to become prosperous...

jd

i ring in with Jeff right there. plus why need a navy? we're landlocked. how would you get stuff from one side of the country to the other? not like we still woldn't work with everyone. if you think that just because of secession then that is kinda narrow minded JD. tsk tsk hahaha ;)

Canada wold let us ship stuff. we're also able to be pretty self-sufficient without wally world crap. we really wouldn't miss anything from the coast other than the bitching.

doubt you could support a military without draft when you start lacking most of us too.

won't let me rep you Jeff.

JohnDoe
03-11-2008, 10:42 AM
We'd have the Gulf Coast, the Mississippi river system, and half the Atlantic seaboard. That's plenty of shipping capacity.
I suppose you would fund and put in place your own Navy as defense? ;)

jd

Monkeybone
03-11-2008, 10:47 AM

jd

what is with this "the states between the coast can't support themselves without the coast" crap? you think that we rely on you that much?

Nukeman
03-11-2008, 10:49 AM

jdDoubt all of the coasts could live without FOOD, you know that suff we grow!!! or how about most of the industrial manufacturing. We could always trade with you. Ohh by the way once we secede where will California get the water to keep their desert from reverting back to the dry dusty bowl it once was. You know all the water that comes from the Colorado River and irragates MOST of the farm land in Cali!!!

I think we could work out a deal for trade to utilize your ports in conjunction with our own, if not there is always Canada and Mexico who would love to have some of what we have....

By the way how do you propose to get from one coast to the other without traveling through the middle of the US? Are you going to send all your goods through the Panama canal??????? Or will you just not trade with the other coast??

5stringJeff
03-11-2008, 10:49 AM

jd

Why not? We have shipbuilding yards. We've also got most of the military posts.

Nukeman
03-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Why not? We have shipbuilding yards. We've also got most of the military posts.Also the vast majority of the enlisted men come from the midwest and southern states!!!! So we have a ready military!!! Or at least those willing to join unlike ohhhh lets say Berkley!!

JohnDoe
03-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Why not? We have shipbuilding yards. We've also got most of the military posts.
wonder if the federal gvt of the USA would confiscate those federal tanks and airplanes etc and basically strip all of those bases and equipment from those that secede?

the civil war begins.............................. :laugh2:

jd

Pale Rider
03-11-2008, 11:15 AM

jd

All that can be solved once the war begins. Personally, I don't believe they could be a secession without a war. I'd love it. The conservatives against the liberals. Any takers on who would win that one? :laugh:

Nukeman
03-11-2008, 11:44 AM
wonder if the federal gvt of the USA would confiscate those federal tanks and airplanes etc and basically strip all of those bases and equipment from those that secede?

the civil war begins.............................. :laugh2:

jdWhy would they have any more right to them then the others. Were they not paid for by the TAX money from all... Also what about the national guard in every state!!!!

gabosaurus
03-11-2008, 11:47 AM
If Montana seceded, no one would notice for a couple of years. We could send all the gun nuts there and close the border.

Now THAT would be an illegal alien problem that I would worry about. :lmao:

JohnDoe
03-11-2008, 11:50 AM
Why would they have any more right to them then the others. Were they not paid for by the TAX money from all... Also what about the national guard in every state!!!!

THUS a War, i guess?

I personally would not be for something like that and feel it is the act of EVIL to kill anyone that is not trying to kill you...so i begin praying now, for no such thing to HAPPEN!!!!!

:salute:

jd

Monkeybone
03-11-2008, 11:52 AM
i think that there will be a World War before a Civil War. it would atleast put off a civil for a few more years atleast :tinfoil:

gabosaurus
03-11-2008, 12:23 PM
As a non-violent person, I would not want to take arms up against anyone who was not directly threatening myself or my family.

I might want to throw Martin or CheeseWars in a ravine, though...

Monkeybone
03-11-2008, 12:27 PM
As a non-violent person, I would not want to take arms up against anyone who was not directly threatening myself or my family.

I might want to throw Martin or CheeseWars in a ravine, though...

says the girl that wants to nuke Israel....

so if this was a facist country, that would be ok? just as long as you weren't threatened?

gabosaurus
03-11-2008, 12:30 PM
I just want to even up the muclear odds. Take out two terrorist factions with one stone, in essence.

Giving up your guns would not rob you of your right to life and liberty. Just your right to take someone else's life and liberty.

PostmodernProphet
03-11-2008, 12:32 PM
wouldn't it be easier simply to tell California and the New England states they have to leave?........

Monkeybone
03-11-2008, 12:37 PM
I just want to even up the muclear odds. Take out two terrorist factions with one stone, in essence.

has Israel threatened to use their nukes? or make Iran dissapear from time?

Giving up your guns would not rob you of your right to life and liberty. Just your right to take someone else's life and liberty.and letting us keep them won't take away someone else's life and liberty either. murder is not a right.

what if that someone is in my house trying to take my life and liberty with a gun? or threatening my family harm?

it is a slippery slope. take away one thing, they can start to take away more.

theHawk
03-11-2008, 12:40 PM
I hope Texas will secede from the Union if Obama becomes President.

5stringJeff
03-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Giving up your guns would not rob you of your right to life and liberty. Just your right to take someone else's life and liberty.

Wrong. Giving up your guns is giving up your right to defend your own life and liberty.

JohnDoe
03-11-2008, 12:59 PM
wouldn't it be easier simply to tell California and the New England states they have to leave?........

That leaves you with New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Dc...and all other unliked states by you...... like probably pennsylvania.....are you sure you want to only get rid of new england states?

And Vermont has already started to threaten to secede themselves....New Hampshire is Live Free or Die and they are gonna secede too if they could easily do it....and Maine is gonna get kicked out of the union cuz it refuses to follow the federal mandate of real id....:laugh2:, :eek:

so you probably mean massachusetts, connecticut, Rhode island and thought that New York was in New England, but fyi, it is not.... :)

jd

Monkeybone
03-11-2008, 01:02 PM
That leaves you with New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Dc...and all other unliked states by you...... like probably pennsylvania.....are you sure you want to only get rid of new england states?

And Vermont has already started to threaten to secede themselves....New Hampshire is Live Free or Die and they are gonna secede too if they could easily do it....and Maine is gonna get kicked out of the union cuz it refuses to follow the federal mandate of real id....:laugh2:, :eek:

so you probably mean massachusetts, connecticut, Rhode island and thought that New York was in New England, but fyi, it is not.... :)

jd

meh. not like we would miss Vermont, NH or Maine. it would be like " Huh? they left? when did that happen?"

we will keep New York, but not NYC. that is, if we have to get choosey.

JohnDoe
03-11-2008, 01:19 PM
meh. not like we would miss Vermont, NH or Maine. it would be like " Huh? they left? when did that happen?"

we will keep New York, but not NYC. that is, if we have to get choosey.And sadly not missed, when the three played a major part in our history, helping in the beginning of the Revolution beyond the ability to forget imho....gutzy people up here! And I was born in Alabama, so don't go and accuse me of being a yankee! hahahahaha! I just respect them, for their spirit, long hours of work with their hands, off of their land, for the most part, and just plain ole rebellious to the federal gvt as they still are in Maine, NH, and Vermont....(outside of any of their big cities).

03-11-2008, 01:55 PM
And sadly not missed, when the three played a major part in our history, helping in the beginning of the Revolution beyond the ability to forget imho....gutzy people up here! And I was born in Alabama, so don't go and accuse me of being a yankee! hahahahaha! I just respect them, for their spirit, long hours of work with their hands, off of their land, for the most part, and just plain ole rebellious to the federal gvt as they still are in Maine, NH, and Vermont....(outside of any of their big cities).

How did Maine and Vermont, which didn't exist during the revolution, play a major part in helping the beginning of the revolution? Or are you talking about something completely different than I am thinking?

JohnDoe
03-11-2008, 02:11 PM
How did Maine and Vermont, which didn't exist during the revolution, play a major part in helping the beginning of the revolution? Or are you talking about something completely different than I am thinking?
Maine was Massachusetts, there would be no Revolutionary war without the people of Massachusetts....

Vermont, the Green mountain volunteers and Ethan Allen...

Trigg
03-11-2008, 02:39 PM

jd

There are plenty of land locked countries out there without a Navy, they seem to be doing just fine.

Besides Wisconsin has Canada to trade with.

I don't think it would end up with war, just a vote.

Trigg
03-11-2008, 02:42 PM

jd

Good point!! We'll just get rid of all the loonies on the East and West coasts. Although we might keep Oregon,

Pale Rider
03-11-2008, 02:49 PM
If Montana seceded, no one would notice for a couple of years. We could send all the gun nuts there and close the border.

Now THAT would be an illegal alien problem that I would worry about. :lmao:

My family would... my sister and her family live up there. Very pretty state... kind of expensive though, and everything is so spread out. Some say Glacier National Park up there is the prettiest park in America too.

trobinett
03-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Come on guys, this is ALL bull shit.

What good, what change, what benefit, what advancement, what growth, what movement FORWARD can come from such talking points?

I get sick of these kind of "go no where" question, don't you, really?

People throw this kind of BS out, but really, they know its just THAT, BS.

Lets spend our time, and the energy of our elected officials on those issues that have SOME hope of being addressed.

Is THAT asking too much?:cheers2:

Gunny
03-16-2008, 07:25 PM

jd

It also has a deficit that exceeds all other states combined.

Pale Rider
03-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Come on guys, this is ALL bull shit.

What good, what change, what benefit, what advancement, what growth, what movement FORWARD can come from such talking points?

I get sick of these kind of "go no where" question, don't you, really?

People throw this kind of BS out, but really, they know its just THAT, BS.

Lets spend our time, and the energy of our elected officials on those issues that have SOME hope of being addressed.

Is THAT asking too much?:cheers2:

I don't think it's bull shit brother trob. My sister and brother in law along with assorted nieces and nephews and friends live up in Montana, and they've been following this story.... and they're serious. If the SC thinks they're going to disarm the whole country, Montana isn't going to have any part of it. They will secede, and I'll move up there myself if the state where I'm at doesn't do the same thing.