PDA

View Full Version : Down with America

Yurt
03-10-2008, 08:33 PM
I see members with a burning flag. I see members talking about taking this country down.

If you want to burn this flag, what flag do you want to wave then?

If you hate this government, what government do you want?

If you hate america so bad, why are you still here? go to mexico, canada, venezuela, saudi arabia, north korea......

you will counter with: but i am only trying to make change on the inside.

are you?

April15
03-11-2008, 04:38 PM
The people running the government are what is not liked. The rest are just symbols of protest.

chesswarsnow
03-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I see members with a burning flag. I see members talking about taking this country down.

1. (a) If you want to burn this flag, what flag do you want to wave then?

2. If you hate this government, what government do you want?

3. If you hate america so bad, why are you still here? go to mexico, canada, venezuela, saudi arabia, north korea......

4. you will counter with: but i am only trying to make change on the inside.

are you?

1. Well Yert I am going to have to agree with you on this one.
2. Hey and nice posting style!
3. I agree on both fronts!:popcorn:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Yurt
03-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well Yert I am going to have to agree with you on this one.
2. Hey and nice posting style!
3. I agree on both fronts!:popcorn:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

y"u"rt

and i don't have a bot writing my posts, so there are no numbers in my original that you altered

Pale Rider
03-12-2008, 02:48 AM
I see members with a burning flag. I see members talking about taking this country down.

If you hate america so bad, why are you still here? go to mexico, canada, venezuela, saudi arabia, north korea......

are you?

The first time liberalnation put that burning American flag avatar up, she caused a stir on the board the likes of hasn't been seen since. Just about everybody here chimed in and told her they thought it was disgusting and how much they disliked it, to which she claimed she was just doing it for fun. Yeah... that's her mentality, or lack thereof. Like most liberal protesters, it's not what they're protesting that they truly enjoy, it's the act of protesting that really turns them on. It's pissing someone off. Their life is such a pathetic pit of despair and anger, all they can think of is making everyone else feel as bad as they do.

glockmail
03-12-2008, 06:31 AM
The first time liberalnation put that burning American flag avatar up, she caused a stir on the board the likes of hasn't been seen since. Just about everybody here chimed in and told her they thought it was disgusting and how much they disliked it, to which she claimed she was just doing it for fun. Yeah... that's her mentality, or lack thereof. Like most liberal protesters, it's not what they're protesting that they truly enjoy, it's the act of protesting that really turns them on. It's pissing someone off. Their life is such a pathetic pit of despair and anger, all they can think of is making everyone else feel as bad as they do. That's why most of us choose to ignore them.

Pale Rider
03-12-2008, 12:03 PM
That's why most of us choose to ignore them.

We wouldn't be here if we wanted to ignore them. Here we can throw their hypocrisy and lunatic intentions back in their face and make them eat them... now that's fun isn't it? :D

DragonStryk72
03-12-2008, 01:02 PM

are you?

You do realize our forefathers wanted flag burning in, right? They wanted the people to have that ability for use in protest, because the flag was not supposed to be anything more than a symbol of america, not the other-worldly thing that we have elevated it to.

It does get overused at times, but with the current climate in this country, I would be shocked not to see flag-burning occurring.

Pale Rider
03-12-2008, 01:21 PM
You do realize our forefathers wanted flag burning in, right? They wanted the people to have that ability for use in protest, because the flag was not supposed to be anything more than a symbol of america, not the other-worldly thing that we have elevated it to.

It does get overused at times, but with the current climate in this country, I would be shocked not to see flag-burning occurring.

Prove it.

Hobbit
03-12-2008, 01:43 PM
I think flag-burning should be allowed, as it is protected under the 1st amendment. I also think the penalty for assaulting a flag-burner with less than lethal force should be a $1 fine. It's a horrible, douchebag thing people do to get attention, and they should be lined up with all the goth/emo retards who mutilate themselves and call it 'self expression' and be punched repeatedly in the ovaries until they get a clue.

P.S. Yes, I mean to imply that all these pants-wetting, 'self-expression' attention whores are, in some way, women. Real men express themselves by punching things, NOT by putting on make-up, and if they light things on fire, it'll be something like a house or a boat, not a small piece of, get this, FLAME RETARDANT cloth.

DragonStryk72
03-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Prove it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

then of course, you have Colonial Williamsburg's bi-annual burning of King George III in effigy, which originally occured in 1774, 2 years prior to the civil war, and including the burning of the English flag. That was over unfair taxes, however, not wars that the current burners use it for, most normally to protest what they believe to be an unjust war.

Now, PR, to be clear, I'm not agreeing with them, I am saying that flag burning is a protected right, and that it was intended as such, since, by our own history, we are born of flag-burning dissenters, hence our whole not being an English colony.

Pale Rider
03-12-2008, 02:44 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

then of course, you have Colonial Williamsburg's bi-annual burning of King George III in effigy, which originally occured in 1774, 2 years prior to the civil war, and including the burning of the English flag. That was over unfair taxes, however, not wars that the current burners use it for, most normally to protest what they believe to be an unjust war.

Now, PR, to be clear, I'm not agreeing with them, I am saying that flag burning is a protected right, and that it was intended as such, since, by our own history, we are born of flag-burning dissenters, hence our whole not being an English colony.

So you post a link to the the liberal wiki and their interpretation of the first amendment. Well, that doesn't prove in any shape, way or form your prior statement that...
"our forefathers wanted flag burning." The first amendment makes no such statement, and I don't see how you can make that claim.

Immanuel
03-12-2008, 04:26 PM
FYI: If you are talking about me in any stretch of the imagination... I don't hate my country. I don't hate my government. I don't hate the people that run my country.

I think the people that run our country have too much power. I think the people that run our country care more about the power and prestige they get from their positions than they care about America itself. I am saddened by the changes that I have seen over my lifetime. I would like to see things go back to the way they were when the majority of Americans were proud of who we were and what our country stood for. I realize that is never going to happen again, but that is how I feel.

I don't hate America. I don't hate my government or the people that run my country but I would like to see Americans proud of who we are once again.

Immie

theHawk
03-12-2008, 04:55 PM
The people running the government are what is not liked. The rest are just symbols of protest.

We've not liked former administrations like Clinton's, yet we did not resort to burning the American flag. Why is it that liberals choose to burn the American flag to protest the current policies yet conservatives simply protest what policies they don't like without disrespecting the flag?

The American flag represents the country and its peole, not the government. Perhaps thats the reason liberals do choose to burn the flag...

Gaffer
03-12-2008, 10:03 PM
From the lips of OHB:

"This is the greatest country in the world, and we intend to change it."

Burning the flag is simply showing disdain for the country. Disdain for the people who live here and even the burners themselves.

A burning flag means nothing to the people in power. They won't even see it. The only ones to see it and be effected by it are the everyday folks that take pride in that flag. The rich elite will go about their business never caring about the flag burning. But the folks in the street will care and a flag burner better be prepared for an ass kicking. He/she is not disrespecting the elite, they could care less. He/she is disrespecting the average folks.

03-13-2008, 07:16 AM

So you dislike government officials who were elected by the will of the people and your method to show it is by attacking the symbols of our nation.

Wouldnt it be better just to run better candidates against them? But then I guess when you cant find any better ones, you have problems.

DragonStryk72
03-13-2008, 12:52 PM
So you dislike government officials who were elected by the will of the people and your method to show it is by attacking the symbols of our nation.

Wouldnt it be better just to run better candidates against them? But then I guess when you cant find any better ones, you have problems.

Um, better candidates than Obama, Clinton, and McCain did run, and were summarily crushed by insane-budget campaigns. All three have bought their candidacy, leaving better candidates, such as Ron Paul and Joe Biden in the dust.

actsnoblemartin
03-13-2008, 04:48 PM
liberal nation is acting like an immature child, which is sad, cause otherwise i like her :cheers2:

are you?

Hugh Lincoln
03-13-2008, 07:49 PM
I think we should be able to burn people who wear the Che Guevara T-shirt.

April15
03-13-2008, 09:10 PM

Wouldnt it be better just to run better candidates against them? But then I guess when you cant find any better ones, you have problems.It is not just I who dislike the officials in office. The one exception is I didn't like them to begin with as I could see their lies and evil long before most others.
As to my method of showing displeasure with the appointed , elected, officials is to expose their mistakes and errors.
As for better candidates not one with an oz of qualification would subject themself to the degradation of character assassination and pandering that is required today to become elected. Third world elections have more validity than ours do anymore.
This nation has been turned into a cesspool of republican enterprise for the rich and greedy. God help you if you are not wealthy or well connected.